• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Two rounds of hatching corsola have failed to produce the desired blue coral. A little more running around to do, and then egg collection round 3 will begin.

In Y, I found a shaking liechi tree in my berry patch yesterday and started SRing it. It flowered sometime last night, so I knew it would fruit soon and I'd have to stop SRing. Fortunately, a second tree sparkled up to full size and started shaking, so when the first fruited I could just move over to the other and keep right on going. My ledyba hunt is now up to 15,300 SRs. This is one stubborn bug, and this is now officially my longest non-horde Gen VI hunt. I've had hunts go higher (nidoran-m went to 16,915 encounters) but that was seeing five pokemon at a time so it didn't seem that long. Hopefully I won't have to go that high for ledyba

Last edited:
My Charmander MM is finally over. On egg #2344 my shiny golden lizard hatched. Funny thing is, less than 10 eggs later, yet another one hatched. What luck, eh? Now begins my MM for Gible.

No news to report other than my fresh new shiny card :) . My next play thru will be with The Year of the Dragon 6. The Last 6 in my card.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Well I tried chain fishing for the first time and I landed a shiny Clauncher in Ambrette Town! So that's my first ever Commuity Hunt complete, I've always wanted to join in but I've been a little nervous.
She's a beautiful lady and I've called her Rouge. She has a Careful nature, which I know isn't the best for her but I'm going to EV train her up to make up for the poor nature. I'm so happy!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Italianbaptist on diggersby, Darkonekoshi on Larvitar #2, Shy on Duskull, ShinyMisty on Wingull, Bolt the Cat on Trevenant, HunterMetroid on your Charmanders, CharlieDoryRose on Clauncher and anyone else with a shiny!! ^^

I'm mainly focusing on my Snivy SR, But last night I decided to do a little REing in a fire safari and this beautiful little guy appeared:

http://postimg.org/image/o48v49rwr/

Good luck everyone. Specially to Keane! ^^

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Hi everyone!
Congratulations to: Italianbaptist on Diggersby, Drakonekoshi on Larvitar, Shy on Duskull, ShinyMisty on Wingull, Bolt the Cat on Trevenant, HunterMetroid on Charmander, CharlieDoryRose on Clauncher, 2rsa on Larvesta and anyone else I might have missed!
Good luck to: Keane, Cyberra, Roseheart95 and Cpchris!

I wouldn't think I would be back so soon with shiny news. A while ago I promised a friend of mine to breed him a shiny Riolu, and it's really been a while ago so I thought to start breeding his shiny. I collected 10 boxes of Riolu and 5 Drifloon and started hatching. On the 44th egg a shiny Riolu hatched! Traded it right of to him so I don't know the nature etc. xD (did make a quick picture though). Still have the remaining boxes to hatch, so if I find anything else I guess I'll be back. :)

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140710_194542_zpsggflcylc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Good luck to all the hunters out there and have a nice day!

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on all the recent shinies, don't have time to name specifics.

I'm at 7,402 SRs for Lugia, 4,758 SRs for Suicune, and 7,338 SRs for Regirock. I've slowed down a bit with hunting as of late since I've gotten back into competitive battling stuff. But no hunting this weekend since I'm going away.

Scrufox86

Triple whammy. Well since my 1000th shiny (Gale Wings Fletchling) I have been trying to MM, Horde hunt and Friend safari hunt for various shinies. I tried horde hunting for carbink but forgot that carbink is very rare in hordes and only a single one appears in a roggenrola horde. Anyway I got a shiny mime jr on the 11th horde lol and then lost count but spent a few days horde hunting for another shiny and got a shiny roggenrola and left there. I will MM a carbink some time lol. Well anyway I go to an electric safari with stunfisk and emolga in and under an hour of random encountering I find a shiny emolga lol. So I will add these to my growing collection lol.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

Shiny Slugma! I've only been hatching about 30 eggs a day for the past few days because I've been ev training or battling. So after I battled my brother I hatched the eggs I had in my party and a 5 iv slugma with 4 egg moves came out :) I don't use my shiny pokemon competitively because... Well I just don't want to, idk.
Gonna hatch a mix of rhyhorns in heavy balls and tentacools in lure balls next.
Good luck/ congrats everyone

Edit: actualy I dumped two boxes of shiny pokemon onto my brothers Y so I am doing 5 eggs of 12 different pokemon and when I empty the third box out I'll do 18 pokemon

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Up to 12 hours in my bq hunt. (About 2,300 encounters) so just over half the odds?
I've been reading or watching. Netflix at the same time. Ijust cant wait to get a darn bike xD hate running -_-
still typing on my kindle..which is annoying but at least my uncle will be back in the US tonight haha

Also I figured out all my hunts! Ill just mention location, I have all the locations and pokemon in those locations written down but without a real keyboard it'll take toooooo long haha

1. Santalune forest
2. Route 4
3. Connecting Cave
4. Route 8
5. Fossil SR or surf in Shalor City
6. Route 10
7. Reflection Cave
8. Physical Charmander MM

It may change but hoping I'll get most of my top pokemon picks in that area xD

Shido-

quick question about Safari shinies. If I added someone but they did not add me back , so I only have 2 pokes showing and trainer is "?", can I still find shinies? or is like the hidden abilities where you and the other person have to be online at same time to unlock the.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
quick question about Safari shinies. If I added someone but they did not add me back , so I only have 2 pokes showing and trainer is "?", can I still find shinies? or is like the hidden abilities where you and the other person have to be online at same time to unlock the.

...I don't think you CAN get Safari's from people who did not add you back. (I do not have a friend of mine's, even though I have their friend code in, because their internet is not good on the 3DS)

What you are thinking is if a friend safari is owned by someone who you've have not seen online on Pokemon X or Y (Online or close by). And to answer that question, I believe you CAN find Shinies in those. Not 100% sure though. I mean...YEAH, you can most likely find a Shiny in ANY Safari, it isn't like they would lock it or anything.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ThunderKnightSilver on Ralts, RaichuArcanine on Sneasel and Eevee, elorasheppard on Pawniard, Misjie on Squirtle, Drakonekoshi on Larvitar, Shy on Duskull, HunterMetroid on both Charmanders, Misjie on Riolu, maskofsanity1998 on Slugma, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks, elorasheppard and Ambri :) And thanks, Keane, Shy, and Misjie!

-------------

Well, I needed the hours anyways, but what was scheduled as a day off on Wednesday turned into a double. Last week I picked up the 4-9 shift of the kid who got fired (friend of the manager’s son), and I got asked to work the 11-4 shift that the manager’s other kid was supposed to work (hmm, the kid can’t work his one shift a week…Just like how the first kid was). And I went out afterwards, so no time to hunt on Wednesday :(

But tonight I did 600 REs and 400 SRs. I’m now at 13,900 REs for Scyther, 4,700 REs for Aron/Axew/Boldore, and 14,500 SRs for Ho-Oh. Looks like Scyther will finally pass Ho-Oh in about 2 days. Unless, of course… ;)

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Roseheart95, Keane, Cyberra, and Lunafloon)!

elorasheppard

Congratulations to misjie, italianbaptist, drakonekeshi, shy, shinymisty, boltthecat, huntermetroid, charliedoryrose, scrufox86m maskofsanity1998 and tomoegoto on your recent shinies.

Well...... you wait for 10,000 enounters for a shiny to turn up and you get another one 335 later!! After just 335 encounters since my shiny pawniard showed up in black 2, another shiny female pawniard appeared (I get lots of female shinies ive noticed). This time I managed to remember to take an in situ photo of her, once I evolved her into a bisharp

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=20328948798#20328948798

and she is now with my earlier pawniard on X.

Ive moved back to route 5 now to hunt for liepard... and my sandshrew hunt is at about 1430 eggs now.

Good luck shiny hunters :)

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Hello everyone!

Sorry again for my lack of activity. I was actually planning on doing an update post today, but I have some news to tell instead! I did get busy, however, so I don't have time for individual congrats again today, sorry :/ But, congratulations on your recent shinies everyone!

Alright, so thanks to everyone who hoped that my next hunt would be short, because it was! Just a few moments ago, a shiny Seedot appeared in my Ruby version! I didn't expect to like the color of red on her so much, and I'm really happy that I got her! Here is a picture:

20140711_015057_zps09fb158a.jpg

I will probably continue dual hunting this route until I get a Poochyena or a Ralts, and then I will go for my next hunt on my Badge Quest. I will probably stick around on Sapphire to try to get whatever didn't show up the first time around. I unfortunately had to save at a point where I was using my last repel on my Ruby version in order to save my shiny Seedot, so I may switch to just a regular hunt on that game only, instead of using the repel trick.

Thanks again to everyone for the good lucks and the congratulations!! Enjoy your hunts everyone, and good luck!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the shinies from the last two days :)

Eh, not feeling so great right now, so I dunno, it'd probably be a good time to do some hunting xD I did no hunting on Wednesday, but about two hours yesterday. So now I've made it to 21,600 REs in Route 32. I think 69 more and it will match Lugia? I don't remember the exact number on that - I've only started recording that kind of thing now (especially with my BadgeQuest, where I'm including dates as well).

Anyway, good luck to everyone hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My ledyba hunt in Y is now at 15,838 SRs, and the tree just fruited XP Back to doing something else until the next one shakes... Think I'm gonna go harass hordes on Route 18 for a bit, since I don't feel like hatching eggs at the moment.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Well, this is getting rather annoying. I decided to go back to gible, and I filled all 15 of my MMing boxes with eggs, hatched all of them, and not a single one of them had a yellow belly. This puts me at 48 boxes (1,440 eggs) which is somewhere around double the non-shiny charm odds from MMing as far as I can tell (and I've had the charm for at least 20 boxes worth of the eggs)

I'm going to gather 2 boxes, 5 boxes, and another 5 boxes so that I don't waste too much time when gathering and hatching the eggs. That will put me at 60 boxes (which I really don't want, but is probably going to be a reality). If I get stuck with another 12 boxes and no shiny, I'm going to do another 15 boxes worth of eggs either now or after another hunt or two.

Congrats on all the recent shinies (which I'm not going to list because there have been quite a few since I last posted)

gamer_legend

Well, this is getting rather annoying. I decided to go back to gible, and I filled all 15 of my MMing boxes with eggs, hatched all of them, and not a single one of them had a yellow belly. This puts me at 48 boxes (1,440 eggs) which is somewhere around double the non-shiny charm odds from MMing as far as I can tell (and I've had the charm for at least 20 boxes worth of the eggs)

I'm going to gather 2 boxes, 5 boxes, and another 5 boxes so that I don't waste too much time when gathering and hatching the eggs. That will put me at 60 boxes (which I really don't want, but is probably going to be a reality). If I get stuck with another 12 boxes and no shiny, I'm going to do another 15 boxes worth of eggs either now or after another hunt or two.

Congrats on all the recent shinies (which I'm not going to list because there have been quite a few since I last posted)

Holy hell man. What were you trying to breed exactly mate?