• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blackkyurem

Hello everyone! It's been a while, with no shiny news.
Also congrats to everyone on shinies.
So, a few days ago, I found my DS lite. I thought "I can play Emerald! The battery is probably dead though."
NOPE! It ran good! So, I saved and started an SR for Treecko! I love that green-blue color on him! I thought as well,
Shiny Regis, Shiny Hoenn Trio, Shiny Metagross, Shiny BQ! So the BQ has begun! I will still continue my SS BQ too.
I make a promise, once Emerald is out of good hunts, I am going to send all of them to Omega Ruby and maybe Delta Emerald(I believe it'll come out
but, think about it, remember heartgold and soulsilver, we didn't see a crystal remake).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Uhoh, I just saw the shiny Jirachi event. I think ShinyMisty's gonna be mad!
I really hope that event is distributed all around the world because I'd be dying to get my paws on a shiny Jirachi!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Decided to do an SRQ on my HG version. Currently on day 3 around at least 500 Srs I think? Haven't been keeping count. But my Rate is about 55 every hour give or take. Dedicating lots of time since it's so hot here and I have a decent amount of time off from work cause of that. Hoping for Totdile or Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil Preferred. But will gladly take anything I can get :)

About the Shiny Jirachi event I MUST GET ONE! I love Jirachi. Top 3 for fav Legendaries. I sure as heck hope we get it!! :D

Congrats and GL to everyone hunting. And to everyone still hunting. Hope you see the shine soon :D

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Uhhh, I hope the person who is SRing on Emerald figures out you can't do that because the RNG will not allow you to SR willy-nilly for a shiny...

When will people even look at the first post concerning Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald or do some research on it? I bet the answer is never, especially considering the state of shiny hunting right now. State of it now? Terrible. People that start hunting have no patience for thousands of REs because they got spoiled so bloody much by CF / FS. I'm like, why the hell are you bothering with hunting? You don't have the patience for it, clearly...

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Uhoh, I just saw the shiny Jirachi event. I think ShinyMisty's gonna be mad!
I really hope that event is distributed all around the world because I'd be dying to get my paws on a shiny Jirachi!

About the Shiny Jirachi event I MUST GET ONE! I love Jirachi. Top 3 for fav Legendaries. I sure as heck hope we get it!! :D

According to the event database, it's an in-life distribution, not wi-fi... Looks like the only way it'll get around the world is if people start trading them XP That sucks... I want one... Japan gets all the good stuff >.<

Shy

★★★★★
Ugh, that just makes me mad. The number of American events is pretty much nonexistent and yet again Japan is getting more stuff. :( I would love my own shiny Jirachi.

Impreza

Bred another 120 eggs last night and hatched them all. Had some absolutely insane luck/misfortune..

[IMG300]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/jfmpc/photo12_zps16a76c25.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/jfmpc/photo22_zps9758d648.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/jfmpc/photo3_zps87811a54.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/jfmpc/photo4_zpsa993b94f.jpg[/IMG300]

With those three new ones, that brings the total up to five shiny Medidites over 2,160 eggs so far. I will get that perfect Medicham one day...

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Holy hell man. What were you trying to breed exactly mate?

I'm literally just trying to breed a shiny gible. There's no special ball, no hidden ability, no egg moves. Just a jolly everstone and destiny knot with two flawless parents (Japanese ditto and a gible from my game)

WaterTypesFTW

Shiny Hunter
I've been neglecting my shiny Palkia hunt for a bit so I got quite a few done this week and I just reached 6630 SR's. I'm going to another 100-200 before taking a break for the day. Hoping the thing shines before reaching the odds, but I'm having doubts. Oh, well, once I see the pink dragon it will be well worth it!

Good luck~

Shiny Lord

I don't understand why we don't get the same events as Japan. Pretty sad that there has actually been only 2 wifi ones for X and Y. Japan always gets awesome shiny events.(Plus awesome events in general)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Obviously because Japan is where Pokémon was actually from, and where a lot of the fanbase exists, it's much more popular there than anywhere else. I really don't see why you can whine about Japan getting all the events and your country not getting them. If you think being in America / wherever means you get less events, try being in say, Australia. They get a lot less events than other places would. Hell, try being in Africa. They don't get any, as far as I know.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
I got shiny Shellder from route 8... so community hunt is completed. :) Well, I'm really horrible at chain fishing... Being too eager makes me press too early or being too relaxed makes me press too late. lol By the way, shiny Shellder is caught at 18th fishing. I tried to chain fishing more for Skelp but got messed at 42nd... >_<

Oh yeah, I got shiny Mienfoo from Wonder Trade while ago. It was pretty normal Unova Pokémon with quiet nature and decent IVs.

Anyhoo, good luck to hunters and congrats to who got their shinies!

Quils

Strange Creature
Obviously because Japan is where Pokémon was actually from, and where a lot of the fanbase exists, it's much more popular there than anywhere else. I really don't see why you can whine about Japan getting all the events and your country not getting them. If you think being in America / wherever means you get less events, try being in say, Australia. They get a lot less events than other places would. Hell, try being in Africa. They don't get any, as far as I know.

I'm from Chile. In the past we didn't get ANY event. Now we get like half the events that come to the US (why do people keep calling it America?) without counting the Wi-fi ones, of course.
I think it's normal to be mad since it takes them zero effort to just make it a Wi-fi event for everyone.

We can always hope that the event becomes Wi-fi for the rest of the world, as this was the case with the Legendary Beasts from the Zoroark movie. On the other hand, we never got Nobunaga's Rayquaza and the shiny Golurk/Hydreigon from the movies. It wasn't a big deal because you could still get them shiny if you hunted for them...
With Jirachi is different, as it is impossible to get a shiny one in XY. Do you think there could be a way for us to sign a petition or something for them to eventually give us the event?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued hatching eggs this morning for my Shiny Electrike Masuda Method hunt and I've hatched around 40 more which was fab. I haven't had much time to work on this hunt this week, but I'm trying harder now. I'll try to hatch more eggs during the weekend as well. Also, good luck to everyone else on their Shiny hunts.

Dangertrout

Mad? MAD?! I AM P*SS*D! I am ACTUALLY P*SS*D!

Why does JAPAN get it, but we do not?! I will give up pretty much ANYTHING to get that d*mn thing.

-edit-
Oh...burning alt in the wound.

It is being sent...on my birthday. August 1st. SERIOUSLY! Stupid Tana-f*ck*ng-bata and stupid Japan! GO F*CK A POISON BARB!! (I am legality crying right now. Jirachi is one of my favorite Pokemon and here is Pokemon going "Oh...You want it...YOU CAN'T F*CK*NG HAVE IT!)

That's right, all of Japan is specifically targeting you with every intention of making you miserable *rolls eyes*
I wouldn't even care that you're upset, but the language used irks me.
Yes, Japan gets more events than us.
Japan is the birthplace of Pokemon.
It does not surprise me in the least that they would want to make some events unique to their country.

People need to learn to chill.
You want to complain about it, fine.
Leave the swearing out of it.

In other news: Shiny Uxie!! (Among many others that are nowhere near as awesome)
Still no internet at my new place :(
It'll be a while before I can keep up with the thread again.
Good luck to everyone!

Since I've gotten shiny slugma I've hatched 91 eggs on x and probably 15 on y( gonna hatch another box full in a minute)
and good news, My laptop is fixed so now I just have to pick it up, then maybe I'll congratulate everyone personally
Until then goodluck/ congrats everyone

gamer_legend

If we did, we'd have five different Pikachu with movesets no sane person would use against others.

So? It'd be making an effort to let the main bulk of their fan base feel appreciated especially when sales aren't as high as they have been. Those aren't the only events they've had. I'm a UK fan and even though we at least got Charizard X/Charizard Y the level of service has been poor. Almost non existent competition as well. Nintendo quite clearly do not value their fans.

So I started my Mareep hunt again after not touching it since the fourth, and I decided to start a Dedenne hunt in the Friend Safari on Y on the side. Low and behold, 589 RE's later on both games, I get a shiny Electabuzz on my Y version. -_- The shiny out of the three Pokemon in the safari that I wanted the LEAST, considering I already had a shiny Electabuzz that I evolved into Electavire. But oh well, dupes are still good I guess. I'm not done in the friend safari yet though. I'm barely over odds and I can easily keep going. Wish me luck!

Congrats on your recent shinies everyone, and best of luck on your hunts!

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
...Why do I even bother?

Haters gonna hate. (Though s/he's right about the swearing, theirs probably kids here D: ) I will try to get one in a trade and if I can clone it, I'll try to get you a copy :D

On thread related news, I haven't been here in forever and hatched a SHINY mudkip ^-^, perfect 5IV for it's adamant nature with egg moves for it's future role in my Alpha Sapphire. I re-egged it since I want it to have the ID of the name of my Alpha file, and so it doesn't disobey me so fast. I got it at around 180 eggs, making it one of the fastest MM ever for me :D
Congrats on all the shiny successes and Good Luck on your hunts :D