• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats Bambo on Wingull, onceuponatime on quagsire, Storm on Houndour, King Wulfarth on Absol, Katie on Wooper, maldoror on Onix, ValexHD on Starly, doodlecloud on gogoat, Y-pestis on Spiritomb, Blasting toise on Druddigon, rocky505 on fletchling, i2i on poliwag, Landroval on zubat, Cyberra on Noibat, and any others I missed.

I'm finally here with a new shiny and the end to my Soulsilver badge quest after a year and a half of on-and-off hunting. Ending my three week drought, after 9,555 SRs:

Yep, Lugia! Damn, this thing looks incredible, and very rewarding after such a long hunt. Bold sync worked, caught it on the first dusk ball I threw. Gonna EV train it in Platinum, trade it back, and then beat the E4 and stuff. As far as other hunts go, I may not finish them for a while since I go on vacation next week, but I'm not sure yet. I'm at 11,646 SRs for Regirock in Sapphire and 6,912 SRs on Suicune in Heartgold.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Quils

Strange Creature
Ok... first of all, congrats on all of your recent shinies and good luck to all of those hunting, specially those with long hunts. I look foward to the day Cyberra gets that shiny Ledyba 8D

Even tough I'm still lurking the thread I didn't expect to post soon, as I'm not in my shiny hunter mood. I wanted to hunt in IV or V gen games, but the main reason I didn't was because I didn't have the bank. Now that I got the bank I got distracted with other stuff, like the Dream Radar.

So I haven't been hunting these days, but after transferring my Regenerator Ho-oh and my Multiscale Lugia to XY I decided to train my Talonflame up to level 50. Everything is normal until a completely random shiny Zoroark appears... "WHAT THE...?"
[IMG139]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/pokequils/zoroark_zpsaad7fd17.jpg[/IMG139]

He is Sassy, and his IVs suck. He even got like 0-3 Speed. Still, I couldn't be happier. A 1/4096 completely random shiny :'D
I'll name him Mukuro, after a guy from Katekyo Hitman Reborn who makes illusions and stuff.

I still won't hunt for a while, as I want to make a Ubers team to battle some friends. After that, I hope to hunt for a 1/8192 shiny c:
Again, congrats to everyone, and good luck!

EDIT:
I've been SRing for a shiny Tirtouga, does anyone know if it's possible to get a shiny from a fossil?
I'm only at 50 Tirtougas or 25 SRs since I'm doing them in two's.
Does anyone have any advice? 'Cause I'm quite new to this. :p

I'm pretty sure you can revive shinies from fossils. Just keep trying c:

EDIT2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVgI2AczPe0 Zoroark's sucky video c:

Last edited:

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congrats to Solfatara on Espurr, Scrufox86 on Dwebble and Barbaracle, maskofsanity1998 on Chikorita and Cyndaquil, ShotgunSurgeon on Remoraid, Cyberra on Noibat, Landroval on Zubat and Trevenant, i2i on Poliwag, rocky505 on Fletchling, Blasting Toise on Druddigon and Petilil, Y-Pestis on Spiritomb, doodlecloud on Skiddo, ValexHD on Starly, maldoror on Onix, xKatie0391 on Wooper, King Wulfharth on Absol, Storm_Dragoon on Houndour, OnceUponATime on Quagsire, Bambo on Wingull, Terra Force on Lugia, and Quils on Zoroark! (and anyone else I may have missed!)

I've managed to reach 150 SRs on my Roaming Beast hunt, so 300 encounters in total. Progressing at a good pace, I'd say. No shiny yet, as expected, it's still very early days. Keeping my hopes up though.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially Cyberra with that Ledyba! Six times over the odds, that's just cruel.

Tagi

Just found Whismur #2!

Oh Zubat, please shine. I wuv you.

markofsanity on chikorita and cyndaquil

Ehem~ Mask Of Sanity lol...thanks anyways!
so anyways, I did a little bit of training on x but really not much... on Leafgreen, I finally got past victory road- really not as hard as I thought it would be but my pokemon are way too underleveled so idk I might try REing something... OH! and on my brother's y I decided to horde encounter at azure bay. first time I got there I realized I didn't bring a sweet scenter.... so I went back again and FIRST HORDE 2nd from left shiny wingul appears :D first shiny on my brother's y! I called him over and let him catch it.

congrats to: Shotgunsurgeon on remoraid, Cyberra on noibat, landroval on zubat and trevanant, i2i on Poliwag,rocky 505 on fletchling, blasting toise on drudigon and petilil(thanks for reminding me I need to find a diancie on the trade forums now...), Y-pestis on spiromb, doodlecloud on skiddo(aww I love skiddos!),Valex HD on starly, maldoro on onix, xKatie0391 on wooper, King Wulfharth on Absol, storm dragoon on houndoor, ONce upon a time on Quagsire, Bambo on Wingull, Terra force on lugia(and the finished BQ!), Quils on zoroark(I didn't know you could find one in the wild) and tagi on whismur! And good luck to everyone

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, I was like checking which pokemon were good, and I have fought many Terrakions, so I was like, hey, I should go get one. So I got my White 2 and got a jolly Synch abra to get it to the nature I wanted, and said, lets try for a shiny, why not xD. So after less than 30 mins, SHINY TERRAKION pops on my screen, I was like wait what?!?!?, this is the first time I have ever gotten a shiny by SR, so the battle started, after paralyzing it and using gust millions of times with a lv 36 Pidgeot, got him to low enough health and starting throwing balls like crazy xD, had 2 masterballs just in case :p
So after a while, was able to catch it in a timer ball, aaaaand, it has a bashful nature ><, aaaaand checked its IVs... 25/8/11/9/11/1 will most likely only use i for fun, but a shiny legendary is a shiny legendary, and I got it, so it makes it awesome :D
Good luck to everyone on their current hunts and gratz to all the people who have gotten their recent shinies :D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*le sigh...*

The berry tree I was SRing fruited, so I had to put my ledyba hunt on hold again; went over to Route 8 to troll hordes for a female Toxic Boost zangoose for later breeding and found it was raining, so I went back to Route 18 to hunt hordes there. Was actually hoping for that rare (and usually unwelcome) shiny heatmor. Instead, after 224 hordes/1,145 pokemon...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6479_zps1bc2f94e.jpg[/IMG139]

Thankfully I had my Telepathy/Skill Swap beheeyem as my lead. I Skill Swapped Telepathy onto the shiny, the rest magnituded each other to death, and the shiny was mine. She's already been evolved to golem.

Gonna see if it's still raining on Route 8; if it's not then I'm going after that zangoose again. Then back to the berry patch to see if anything is shaking.

I'm now at 14,100 SRs for Cranidos. As a though for future planned hunts - I want to carry on with a fossil quest, but I also want to SR the Regis in Platinum. Of course that means having the 11th Movie Regigigas - which I'd be able to AR in - but I'm not sure if that's 100% okay? There's no chance in hell for me to get that event legitimately anymore, and I don't have other games to SR the Regis on, so I don't particularly see the harm in hacking it in to unlock the Regis before deleting it again. What do people think?

There are other people here who've hacked various games to obtain long-over event pokemon. I myself am giving serious thought to hacking Platinum to get the azure flute, member card, and Oak's letter, then try to SR for arceus, darkrai, and shaymin. I think the general consensus is that the hunt is legit as long as the only hacking is to access the event, and not to alter the odds or the resulting IVs. The hunt is legit even if the method of access is less so. Or at least that's what I infer.

Last edited:

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: maskofsanity1998 on Cyndaquil, ShotgunSurgeon on Remoraid, Cyberra on Noibat and Geodude, Landroval on Zubat and Trevenant, i2i on Poliwag, rocky505 on Fletchling, Blasting Toise on Druddigon and Petilil, Y-Pestis on ? (can't get on photobucket), doodlecloud on Skiddo, ValexHD on Starly, maldoror on Onix, xKatie0391 on Wooper, King Wulfharth on Absol, Storm_Dragoon on Houndour, Bambo on Wingull, Terra Force on ? (images are not loading), Quils on Zoroark, Tagi on Wismur, Sito on Terrakion, and anyone else I missed!

I'm now at 14,100 SRs for Cranidos. As a though for future planned hunts - I want to carry on with a fossil quest, but I also want to SR the Regis in Platinum. Of course that means having the 11th Movie Regigigas - which I'd be able to AR in - but I'm not sure if that's 100% okay? There's no chance in hell for me to get that event legitimately anymore, and I don't have other games to SR the Regis on, so I don't particularly see the harm in hacking it in to unlock the Regis before deleting it again. What do people think?

Anyway, good luck to everyone, especially Terra Force with Regirock, Chaotic Inverse with Torchic, Nakashima with Snivy, Shadowkrow and Roseheart95 with your BQs, CpChris with Scyther, Cyberra with Ledyba, AquaRegisteel with Eterna Forest, Keyblade_cub with Mesprit and RaichuArcanine with Chimchar!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies and especially to Terra Force on completing your BQ!

Sorry for the blanket congrats... not really feeling so great at the moment. I didn't manage any hunting yesterday, as I was out with friends, but after having done some on Monday, I reached 25,660 REs on Route 32.

Good luck to everyone hunting! Especially Cyberra with Ledyba!

Blasting Toise

My first chain fishing shiny was more or less unintentional find- shiny Luvdisc came when I was looking for heart scales by chain fishing them. it was something like 15th in the chain I think. And she had a heart scale as well :p

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Holy crap, I think I may actually have gotten the hang of this!!

[IMG139]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/yruahippo/pancham.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/yruahippo/furfrou.jpg[/IMG139]

So I ended up chaining into the wee hours of the morning and managed to grab both the other shinies I was after in that area. Both of them seem to have good natures but not so good IVs but I'm not complaining! Still need to give everyone names though...

I've never had this many shinies so close together before, it's so exciting! But it's also making me feel a bit cheaty, like it's too good to be true and making me feel bad for neglecting my other hunts for 'easier' ones, so to speak. So I think I'm gonna have to break out HG again....ESPECIALLY after seeing xKatie0391 catch that awesome shiny Wooper in her SS! I'm super jealous. >w<

However, I'm also thinking about trying chaining in Pearl. Is it very different to chaining in X? I get the feeling X might be a little easier, especially as all the chaining guides for D/P/Pt seem a lot more serious than the X/Y ones. But then could that just be because they've been out longer and so people have built more detailed guides? I only know that the times I've tried before I've failed miserably....what do you guys think?

In any case, now I've got all that off my chest, congratulations to ValexHD on Starly, maldoror on Onix, xKatie0391 on Wooper (again!), KingWulfharth on Absol, Storm_Dragoon on Houndour, OnceUponATime on Quagsire, bambo on Wingull, Terra Force on Lugia (soooo awesome), Quils on Zoroark, Tagi on Whismur, maskofsanity1998(/their brother?) on Wingull, Sito on Terrakion, Cyberra on Geodude/Golem and Blasting Toise on Luvdisc.

And a big good luck to everyone still hunting. :D

Pluski

I haven't had much time for Pokémon the last twelve days, but the little time I had was spent in a normal Friend Safari in hopes of getting a shiny Eevee. I got a Audino after a few hours in total, and it didn't take long before I got a Eevee as well. I'm quite happy about it, as shiny Eevee is something I've been wanting for a long time. Also, I just chain fished on Kalos Route 8 for a Shellder, but got a Skrelp instead.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/3cIzhl2.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/d3eu9BN.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/wyIeZcM.jpg[/IMG300]

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratulations to: [spoil]The Majestic Mr L on Eevee, Spawty on Arbok & Wingull, Rotifer on Tyrunt, Shiny Lord on Braixen, pokefreak2014 on Bulbasaur, maskofsanity1998 on Chikorita & Cyndaquil & Wingull, Tattood Tooth on Wingull, SurrealistSmeargle on the Spoinks, Solfatara on Espurr & Marill, Scrufox86 on Dwebble & Barbaracle, ShotgunSurgeon on Remoraid & Clamperl, Cyberra on Noibat & Geodude, Landroval on Zubat & Trevenant, i2i on Poliwag, rocky505 on Fletchling, Blasting Toise on Druddigon & Petilil & Luvdisc, Y-Pestis on Spiritomb, doodlecloud on Skiddo & Pancham & Furfrou, ValexHD on Starly, maldoror on Onix, xKatie0391 on Wooper (Nice!), King Wulfharth on Absol, Storm_Dragoon on Houndour, OnceUponATime on Quagsire, Bambo on Wingull, Terra Force on Lugia, Quils on Zoroark, Tagi on Whismurr, Sito on Terrakion, Pluski on Audino & Eevee & Skrelp and anyone else I might have missed![/spoil]

Hi everyone, I'm back with an update :)
I couldn't make as many RE's as I wanted but I have reached 4,650 RE's! I'm really motivated and I don't really have to pay attention, everytime I encounter a pokémon I look at my screen, when I don't see sparkles or a different colour pokémon I'll continu with what I was doing. :p

I hope to make a lot more RE's on Thursday since that is my day off but we have sickness at work so I have to work a lot lately bat ah well I can use the monies :D Anyways:
Good luck to: Terra Force, Keyblade_Cub, Roseheart95, Cyberra, Shadowkrow, RaichuArcanine, Nakashima and anyone else who needs it!

I wish you all a nice day!

So I'm new to these forums and this looks like the place to post the story of my first shiny. Previously, I'd stayed away from shiny breeding because I wanted my first to be natural and random. So a few months ago a was breeding for the movesets and natures of my first competitive team. When my staravia was done, I took it out to test some horde Ev grinding. After conquering a few zangoose hordes, a suprise hit me right in the face. At the last time I would expect it, a zangoose was there in the horde, draped in blue. Luckily my prized togekiss Jake had already been in the front, or else some trouble would have ensued. What followed was an incredibly tense struggle, as Jake singled out the zangoose and took them down. Soon, only the blue warrior stood facing me. Jake lead with a thunder wave and I switched to my staravia, which was more appropriate in level for the situation. I remember the excitement as the attack I launched took down the shiny's hp, suddenly it stopped in the midst of yellow. Proceeding, I threw the few ultra balls I had on me at the beast. Slowly I fell down to great balls as my excitement peeked. Finally, after failing ball and failing ball one clicked and this rare specimen was mine. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to name the thing! Zangoose wasn't my first choice for a shiny but I'm glad for the first experience.

ValexHD

Shiny Chainer
Just a few minutes ago, I got my chain to 40 and I now have my 2nd shiny in 3 days! Shiny Ponyta is worth every patch I picked for the hour and a half it took to get it.

Congrats to Bangertrout on all of your shines, Barkoverlord777 on Rotom, Lorde on Elecktrike, Shadowkrow on Seedot, Taigon on Whismur, Kirkeastment on Clauncher, Rotifer on Fletchling, Iwang on his two Aron, Neji-andPidgeot on Bidoof, Spawty on Arbok, Rotifer on Tyrunt, Shiny Lord on Braien, Pokefreak2014 on Bulbasaur, Markofsanity on Chikorita and Cyndaquil, Tattoeed Tooth on Wingull, Surrealist Smeargle on Spoink, Solfatara on Espurr and Maril, Scrufox86 on Dwebble and Barbaracle, Cybera on Noibat, Landroval on Zubat, rocky505 on fletchling, BlastingToise on Druddigon and Petlil, HUGE CONGRATS to Terra Force on Lugia, Quils on Zoroark, Tagi on Whimsur, Markofinsanity on Wingull, Sito on Terrakion, Cyberra on Geodude, Blasting Toise on Luvdisc, Doodlecloud on Furfrou amd Pancham, Pluski on Audino and Eevee!

I need to ask about roaming legends. How do you SR to get them shiny? I'm assuming saving before you find them the first time and then resetting until they shine?

ValexHD

Shiny Chainer
I need to ask about roaming legends. How do you SR to get them shiny? I'm assuming saving before you find them the first time and then resetting until they shine?
Yeah, and once it's shiny, it'll stay that way for all of the encounters after that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well last night and part of this morning, I resumed doing more random encounters on my Y version on Route 4. Since no Shinies have appeared, I'm thinking about trying in a different area where hordes appear to increase the odds of finding a Shiny. I'm also gonna start a Shiny Oddish Masuda Method hunt on Platinum tomorrow.

Scrufox86

Oh triple whammy! I chain fished a shiny Skrelp on chain 9 last night and then earlier I chain fished a shiny Shellder after a chain of 52 and then just now I finally found my shiny Onix I have been on/off friend safari hunting for. Wow I am so pleased. My kalos shiny challenge is almost done. Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!