• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Tagi on Wismur and Zubat, King Wulfharth on Excadrill, Cyberra on Tropius, wobbanut on Petilil, Sparky Mc-s on Magikarp, Luvdisc, Horsea, Gulpin, Zubat and Sandshrew, Drakonekoshi on Zubat, devilmonkey on Bergmite, Helioptile and Fletchling, Blasting Toise on Shinx x8, and anyone else I missed!

Thank you Roseheart95 and Misjie for the luck!

I've now hit 16,000 SRs for Cranidos - this dino is not wanting to shine anytime soon! I keep worrying that I've missed it - but I don't think even me can miss a colour change that obvious plus a bright red star on the pokemon's profile. I think for the next legs in my fossil quest (which madly I'm still going along with) I'll SR the fossils in sets of five, just because I like the idea I guess.

Good luck to everybody, especially Misjie, CpChris, Solfatara, Storm_Dragoon, Roseheart95, Terra Force, ChaoticInverse, Shadowkrow and RaichuArcanine!

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Hatched a 5-IV shiny Scyther the other day in my Y game. Just evolved into a Scizor, ready for combat. While I was training it up to level 50 in route 20, literally the very last Pokemon for it to reach level 50 was a shiny Jigglypuff! Whee!

TheMaster327

Yay! Got my 3rd SS BQ shiny! After 700 Vulpix and 1,361 Headbutts (2,061 encounters in all), this appeared!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0084_zps718d8f4b.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0085_zpsd0356f9c.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0086_zps527ce4bc.jpg[/img139]

No issues when it comes to Fly now! :) Sync didn't work, thankfully (as I was hoping for Pineco) and it got a Quirky nature, which isn't bad. Looks like the IVs are terribad though...

IVs: 0 - 18 / 18 / 0 - 18 / 8 - 18 / 0 - 7 / 0 - 18

But hey, progress!

Carcara

Congrats to: Cyclone on Scyther and Jigglypuff, ilovemyumbreon on ratatta, Tagi on zubat, Cyberra on tropius (looks like things have changed after that Ledyba),Blasting Toise on 8 Shinx(just...how?) and everyone else!
My luck is still the same,1640 eggs and no shiny beldum. Took a break to chain Exeggcute,but didn't find anything. So,back to hatching eggs...
Good luck for everyone!

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
i2i on Horsea, MissEevee on Tentacool, TomoEGoto on Heatran, pikachu780 on Ditto & Skarmory, Cyberra on both Aron & Tropius, Absolutely Absol on Feebas & Clawtizer, Tsukuyomi56 on Vanilite, PokemonMegaBeast on Shroomish, Blasting Toise on Audino and others, StronBad456 on Metang, AmazingChi on Foonguss, AquaRegisteel on Budew, King Wulfharth on Excadril, wobbanut on Petilil, Sparky Mc-S on Magikarp & Luvdisc & Horsea & Zubat & Shandshrew, devilmonkey on Bergmite & Helioptile & Flechtling, ilovemyumbreon on Rattata, Cyclone on Scyther, and TheMaster327 on Hoothoot, as well as anyone I may have missed.

So I was wondering around this Fire safari looking for a shiny Larvesta, and while I wasnt looking at the screen something shined, but unfortunately not the larvesta I was looking for, but a Magmar with a Quirky Nature caught in a Repeat Ball (I really need to get some heal balls so it can match all the pink shinies I've accumulated over the past however long it has been :]) I gave him the NN Ragnaros (based off of the HS card) and now I just need someone to help me evolve it into a fabulous Magmortar. PM or VM me if you want to be so kind as to be the kind soul for helping me evolve him, I could give a HA Mudkip (4-5 IV with Curse and Avalance) to whoever helps me out.

EDIT: Job done! Thanks maskofsanity1998 for helping me out!

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got a shiny Bunnelby in a chain of 8 in Y. As for my other hunts I'm at 144850 REs for my BQ in HG, 8535 REs in Platinum, 2285 REs for my BQ in X.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially Cyberra on Ledyba and doodlecloud on Wooper. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Terra Force on your 2 SRs, Cpchris on Scyther, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Lunafloon on Sandile, Keane on Cranidos, Roseheart95 and Misjie on your BQs, RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, and Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz. Welcome to the thread umbreonfan3636 and Welcome back AquaRegisteel.

Edit: O.O WHOOPS!!! Thanks Roseheart95, That is a typo. I'm actually at 14850 REs. Sorry about that everybody.

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Up to 6k SRs for Sudowoodo! I'm excited the closer I get to full odds though honestly I don't want sudowoodo to be my first full odds. Would pref a legendary take my full first odds. But I'll take whatever I get! Just still keepin on with this! Each day I get more excited about today being the day maybe!

Congrats to all who have seen the shine and to those searching I hope you see it soon :D

ok I haven't been keeping track of how many eggs I've hatched but I think it's about 240 so I have a ways to go until I get 6 shiny Pokémon via MM...
congrats to everyone who's gotten a shiny- sorry I don't feel good enough to congratulate you all by name. also good luck to everyone who's looking for a Pokémon
I'm not sure if I'm gonna participate in this month's CH unless one of my targets can learn captivate(I have to remember to check later)

Shy

★★★★★
Shiny Espurr:

I return with a brand new shiny~!

[IMGSIZE=750]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/ShyShinies/001_zps0dbb2ebf.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

At Approximately 741 Masuda Eggs this pink wide-eyed kitty hatches! Not too high over the odds so I'm very pleased.

Premier Ball Timid Male (Own Tempo), EM: Trick, Yawn, Assist, Barrier: 31/31/31/31/0/31

That Sp. Def makes me cringe. :( Yet another trophy shiny for my viewing pleasure only. I hope one day I can hatch my first Flawless 5IV (Or 6IV!) shiny that I can actually use in my Trade Shop. As for my SR hunts: Treecko will reach SR 500 by the end of tonight, Mudkip still stands at SR 5,900, and Charmander still stands at SR 1,800. 5,900 + 1,800 + 500 = 8,200! (I just realized I'll be over odds with these three hunts) I'm hopeful one out of the three may shiny soon. ;) (Knowing my luck though... XD)

Cutty

Forever now
^Still cool though.

It's been quite a while since my last post here. I've gotten many shinies, its just I'm now only active in a certain part of the forums.

Anyway, after over 1,500 eggs hatched I've finally got my Shiny Dashing Mudkip w/ 5iv -Speed w/ egg moves: Curse, Avalanche and Mirror Coat.
Its my longest MM hunt in X especially w/ Shiny Charm (not my longest MM hunt in general as I've hatched over 2k for a shiny before w/out the charm)

And... its a female.^^

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07-28183701_zps979b4038.jpg[/IMG139]

Gonna name her Migneint. After a bog's name is Wales o_O Any of you from there? xD

Happy hunting everyone.^^

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
I do not have any new shinies to post, but I have an important question.

Apparently, my innate knowledge of what I thought was Soft Resetting wasn't and I ultimately found that out myself. Does this mean that all those hours spent back in Platinum, turning the game on and off to get a shiny Giratina(which I never got) were wasted? I know now that is called "hard resetting", but if my game did not have the proper values for a shiny Giratina, would that be altered by hard resetting and allow me to obtain one, hypothetically?

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I managed to get 600 SR's done today for bulbasaur from professor sycamore. That brings me to 4066 SR's. I'm hoping it shines soon as I really want to move on in the game. Congrats everyone on your recent shinies.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to Sparky Mc-S on Magikarp, Luvdisc, Horsea, Gulpin, Zubat and Sandshrew, Drakonekoshi on Zubat, devilmonkey on Bergmite, Helioptile and Fletchling, Blasting Toise on all those Shinx, ilovemyumbreon on Ratatta, Cyclone on Scyther and Jigglypuff, TheMaster327 on getting even further ahead on me on an SS BQ with Hoothoot (granted you hunt a lot more than I do, though xD), Shy on Espurr and Cutty on Mudkip!

Thanks to Misjie, Keane and Shadowkrow for the good luck!

Good luck to everyone, especially Misjie, Keane, Carcara, Shadowkrow (144,850... is that a typo? o_O),

I do not have any new shinies to post, but I have an important question.

Apparently, my innate knowledge of what I thought was Soft Resetting wasn't and I ultimately found that out myself. Does this mean that all those hours spent back in Platinum, turning the game on and off to get a shiny Giratina(which I never got) were wasted? I know now that is called "hard resetting", but if my game did not have the proper values for a shiny Giratina, would that be altered by hard resetting and allow me to obtain one, hypothetically?

Hard-resetting has the same effect as soft-resetting, as the shiny value is based on your DS' clock time. It just takes a little longer than soft-resetting, that's all.

Anyway, last night I reached 29,716 REs on Route 32, meaning I'm nearly at 30,000. Pretty excited to hit that milestone :p

ohjeezitskim

Soooo, I technically didn't get it myself...

BUTTTT. I was wonder trading (about 20 pokemon) and I was getting a load of crap! No pokemon with egg moves, or IVs... or special balls or abilities...
I wasn't paying too much attention to the pokemon trading screen, but I heard an eevee land, and I looked..
AND IT WAS SHINY?!
I was so stunned I'm like.. what am I doing? Was I hatching eggs...? NO! CHEESUS TOAST! Someone actually sent me a shiny :3

He was a Japanese Eevee, from a Japanese trainer. I got off wonder trade and tried to find him in my passerby/acquaintances but I couldn't ): I wanted to send him a NICE!

Eevee was Kalos Bred, Timid, with superior potential in special attack and special defense. :3
However I don't plan on keeping him, I plan to get all the eeveelution shinies myself with better IVs
So i'll either put him in my shop, or give him to my sister or bestie :3 (maybe my bestie since her bf just broke up with her after 3 years..)

SurrealistSmeargle

Ok, thought I'd give the peronal congrats a whack, but will be going from the top of the page, so, apologies if I missed you! Congrats to Cyclone on Scyther, TheMaster327 on Hoothoot, Zekromaster826 on Magmar, Shadowkrow on Bunnelby, Shy on Espurr, Cutty on Mudkip, and ohjeezitskim on getting lucky on Wonder Trade! And good luck to all of you on ongoing hunts!

Welp, moved routes again, switching my Illuminating Lantern for a Static Manetric in hopes of drawing out a shiny Electrike or Emolga from Route 10. Since doing that, while the Woobats have still been decidedly blue, I -have- had success on the Route! Not either of my key targets, but success nonetheless! First was Titanium, the Hasty Eevee, who will probably become a Jolteon. Then, just a few hours ago, out popped Hans the Golett! Don't have a Nature for him yet, as my team's full of eggs and I've yet to go to a PC. Though, as I'm considering restarting X, he may well end up on my team, as I've always wanted to use a Golett in a playthrough. Now hopefully Woobat'll get its act together so I can move on to the regional birds. So many regional birds... @_@

EDIT: Ahahaha, oh wow. Hans the Golett is Adamant natured. All of my yeses. He's definitely getting EV-trained and used.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Update!! Shiny #3 in my Pearl BQ!!!!!
After approximately 28 hours of hunting...
Shiny Kricketune! T_T
10% chance my butt.
Well, I've never really used one before, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Now, what should I go for next in my Pearl BQ?

edit - @Pokefreak2014,
Yeah, I was really hoping for a shiny Ponyta.
Was gonna name it "Prancitorch" and it was gonna be awesome.
I'm still deciding where I want to hunt next, but I think I'm going to clear all the trainers up to Pastoria first.

Last edited:

Quils

Strange Creature
Hello everyone. First of all, congrats on all of your recent shinies (Yay, Cyberra got that Ledyba!) and good luck to those still hunting.

No shiny news for me. I started a SR hunt in my japanese Heart Gold for a Johto starter... but why am I so incredibly sloooow? After about a week, I'm just a little bit over 200 SRs, I just can't feel motivated enough... >_>

But that's not the reason I wanted to post. I have seen some posts of shinies with bad natures/IVs and people claiming them to be "trophy shinies". I'm not trying to criticize at all, but... why don't you try to EV train and use them anyway? c: It can be a lot of fun trying to use your shinies in battles. Even if the stats are not perfect, it doesn't mean they can't do well in battle. To give some examples, my 0 IVs in SpAtk Latias has been very efficent in the Battle Spot and with friends in general. I also tried my 0 IVs in Spd Sassy Zoroark, it was decent enough, I may give him a Choice Scarf to compensate that sucky speed.
Oh, but it's entirely up to you if you want to use them or not, I myself have some trophy shinies sitting in their box, like my shiny Spinda. Just saying that it may be fun lo give them a chance c:

Now I'll look for some motivation for my SR hunt...
Once again, good luck to everyone and congrats on your shinies!

TheMaster327

I've started hunt #4 in my SS BQ. Repel Trick in Burned Tower for Koffing/Magmar during the day in the basement, and 100% Koffing at night upstairs. Hopefully another quick hunt!

For those wanting a Noctowl pic... [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0087_zpsad78fa66.jpg[/img139]

pokefreak2014

Shiny Hunter!
That Noctowl death stare. O.O

Congrats to ilovemyumbreon on Ratatta, Cyclone on Scyther and the random Jigglypuff, TheMaster327 on Hoothoot, Zekromaster826 on Magmar, Shy on Espurr, Cutty on Mudkip, Dangertrout on Kricketune (you seem so happy XD ), and anyone else I may have missed!

No new shinies to report, unfortunately, so I'm just here with an update: my route 32 hunt in SS has only reached 1300 REs, but I'm still going strong there (I did find out that my Togepi from the mysterious egg isn't shiny :'( ). SRing for Turtwig in Platinum is also going strong, and is currently my main priority. I occasionally pull out my Leafgreen to SR for the $500 Magikarp, but I'll focus more on that after Turtwig shines (same thing with Chespin in X).

Good luck to everyone who needs some, particularly Keane on Cranidos and Roseheart95 on your Route 32 hunt (if I get mine first, I'm so sorry).

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I think I'm going to give trying to MM a shiny Cottonee another try. Last time I hatched 750 eggs and didn't even get one. Wish me luck.