• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Well I'm still going with that hunt in the steel safari.
Congrats on all your recent shinies everyone

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I am going to begin a Badge Quest, but I am currently debating which game to do so in.
My options are Heartgold, Black, Black2, and Y.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Lol, old school shiny hatch

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/M1GDEAV.jpg[/IMG139]

I've been playing Crystal a bit lately, so I figured why not do some shiny hunting in the games where shinies were introduced. I think this hatched after less than 100 eggs, but it felt like eternity with no Flame Body and the bike being so slow. Not exactly sure what I'm going for next, but this is awesome :b

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Lol, old school shiny hatch

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/M1GDEAV.jpg[/IMG139]

I've been playing Crystal a bit lately, so I figured why not do some shiny hunting in the games where shinies were introduced. I think this hatched after less than 100 eggs, but it felt like eternity with no Flame Body and the bike being so slow. Not exactly sure what I'm going for next, but this is awesome :b

That's amazing! I was thinking od doing a BQ in my Silver where I got my first shiny(Tediursa) Congrats yo!

And as I reached full odds on Sudowoodo I have seen no shine from it yet! But I'm still highly motivated. I also got a Shiny Female Nidoran and since it learns Captivate that means CH COMPLETED!! :D It has Rivalry and I also need a male one. So ima continue to hatch some eggs till I get a male also at least :)

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still hunting I hope you see the Shine soon :D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
New shiny! After 1,565 REs in an ice safari, the one pokemon I wanted least shone.

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6557_zpseae1caf3.jpg[/IMG139]

I have several ice safaris and most of them have bergmite in them... I was hoping for a snover or a dewgong. But can't complain, a shiny is a shiny. Next I'll be going into artnerd's FS and hunting rufflet.

I have not being doing any SRing over the weekend; I was taking a break and playing some BioShock Infinite instead. Would have done some SRs today but I got drafted to go shopping with my mother, and doing anything with her takes forever XP My Regice hunt will be resuming tomorrow.

To whoever was breeding the winter-form deerlings, do you have any left? I'd like one.

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to AlisLatios on Drowzee, Scrufox86 on Chansey and Gastly, Blasting Toise on Spindax2 and Phantump, FarFromFreedom on Chikorita, Senrab on Marill, Uber_Fuller on Tyrogue and those other shinies, Pluski on Chikorita, Bambo on Nidoran, pokefreak2014 on Sandshrew, Master Leo on Wooper (that is pretty awesome) and Cyberra on Bergmite!

Thanks to Misjie and Pokefreak (I'll do my best xD) for the luck

Sorry to hear about that Stunky, Neji-and-Pidgeot :(

Well, didn't do that much hunting yesterday. Made it to 32,338 REs on Route 32. I've got a long car journey ahead of me on Thursday, so that'll give me the chance to do loads of hunting. Maybe something will shine then.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

Ivoright, feel free to join the Johto BQ club xD

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to PokemonMegaBeast on Shroomish, Blasting Toise on Audino, 8 Shinx, Masquerain, 2 Spinda and Phantump, StrongBad456 on Metang, AmazingChi on Foongus, AquaRegisteel on Budew, Tagi on Whismur and Zubat, King Wulfharth on Excadrill, Cyberra on Tropius, Drifloon, Pawniard, Cacnea, Combee and Bergmite, wobbanut on Petilil, Sparky Mc-S on Sandshrew and Tranquill, Drakonekoshi on Zubat, Swinub and Yamask, devilmonkey on Bergmite, Helioptile and Fletchling, ilovemyumbreon on Rattata, Cyclone on Scyther and Jigglypuff, TheMaster327 on Hoothoot, Zekromaster826 on Magmar, Shadowkrow on Bunnelby, Shy on Espurr and Charmander, Cutty on Mudkip, Dangertrout on Kricketune, shinycharizard06 on Hawlucha, Pawniard and Gothorita, Missingno. Master on Geodude and Gligar, Storm_Dragoon on Eevee, TayRanitar on Ralts and Kirlia, ohjeezitskim on Omanyte, Pokelover99 on Gabite, SurrealistSmeargle on Snubbull, maldoror on Spheal and Sawk, Earth Wolf-Howl on Deerling, Solfatara on Ekans, jrmftw on Scraggy, misjie on Rattata, kirkeastment on 5 Clauncher and Staryu, pokefreak2014 on Bellsprout and Sandshrew, Mav-san on Beldum, Lorde on Drifloon, Ampharos_Spark on Mareep, umbreonfan3636 on Totodile, ShiningKnightXY on Noibat, Crimson Penguin on Chikorita, Shine on Swadloon and 2 Heatmor, bobandbill on Sandile, Scrufox on 2 Loudred, Ditto, Chansey and Gastly, Valoo. on Chespin, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Bulbasaur, TheEmeraldKnight on Scraggy, pokemaster13 on Oddish, Cpchris on Boldore, Terra Force on Mewtwo, Violent Red on Froakie, SleepFreak on Relicanth, Psychic on Ponyta, yoshi007 on Raikou, Tattooed Tooth on Zubat, Carcara on Beldum, Spawty on Castform, ashcrimson777 on Pidgey, AlisLatios on Drowzee, FarFromFreedom on Chikorita, Senrab on Marill, Uber_Fuller on Tyrogue, Pluski on Chikorita, Bambo on Nidoran-M, Master Leo on Wooper, and everyone else on their new shinies :)

While hatching Pichu eggs to get a male one with 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs for HP Ice, I randomly hatched a shiny one. It is a MM method shiny as I was using an english female Raichu and my 6IV japanese Smeargle. The shiny Pichu is female with Static (parent had Static), X/31/31/31/31/31 IVs and is in an Ultra Ball. As I wasn't actively hunting this shiny, I have no idea how many eggs it took. I won't be using her competitively but she'll be good for hunting Pikachu in Santalune Forest for Light Balls, and I want to try RE for a shiny Emolga so she'll be a big help there.

As for my Hawlucha MM hunt, I haven't hatched any more eggs so I'm still at 600. I'm going to transfer the parents back to my X and try for one on that instead.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

xKatie0391

We should all race on our Johto BQs :p Is anyone considering going for Kanto badge shinies too?

Edit: Not like a serious race, just a bit of fun, if anyone is up for it.

Seeing pokefreak2014, TheMaster327 and Dangertrout getting #3 is making me really determined to get this Slowpoke Well shiny

Last edited:

Blackkyurem

Trust me, it take a week for me to do 250 SR's, Im not gonna race.
But, yes, I am aiming for all 16 badges, and all post-game legends.
I am awesome at Re's, but suck at Sr's.

What I have been doing is planning out Most Badges.
Badge #2: Route 32
Badge #3: Slowpoke Well
Badge #4: Bill's Eevee
Badge #5: Route 36/37

EDIT:
So, All these people are getting Shiny Starters after 100-500 Srs and It makes me feel like 825 is a lot.
:p

Last edited:

Dangertrout

I might be going for Kanto badges, but I'm not sure my patience will hold out that long >.<
I'm hoping something sparkles on SS soon, I feel like I've been at that forever.
I think the last shiny I got there was in May, so should be any day now, right? :p

edit - OMG SHINY WEEDLE!!!!!
Number 3 for my SS BQ.
Within 15 mins of hunting today, crazy!

edit 2 - Shiny Sneasel in X FS!!
Today is a good day for shinies :p
Let's see if I can nab a third shiny today :p

Last edited:

Shy

★★★★★
Jeez, I haven't posted an update in awhile. Mudkip stands at SR 6,500, Treecko stands at SR 1,100, Squirtle stands at SR 1,616 and Phase 1 for Pikachu stands at RE 1,111. Oh, I also have hatched a total of 210 MM Eggs since my last MM Shiny. I haven't been able to hunt nearly as much as I would have wanted to so progress is a little pathetic in my opinion. ><

Congratulations to the five pages worth of Shiny Pokemon I missed and good luck to those that need it.

umbreonfan3636

I'd be surprised if I managed to make it all the way through Kanto. 8 is a pretty steep challenge. I'm at 16:30 hours in my HG file, almost all of which has been spent in Union Cave. Hopefully something shines soon.

Good luck everybody!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well I have a HG Badge Quest and I'm starting on my SS BQ so I will certainly join in the racing :)

Carcara

Congratulations to Spawty on Castform and Dunsparce, ashcrimson on Pidgey, shinycharizard006 on Gothorita, AlisLatios on Drowsee( hope you find a Wobbuffet next time), Scrufox86 on Gastly and Chansey, Blasting Toise on Spinda and Pantump,FarFromFreedom on Chikorita,Uber_Fuller on Tyrogue, Plusky on Chikorita, Bambo on Nidoran Male, Pokefreak on Sandshrew, Master Leo on Wooper(can it be transfered all the way to Gen6?), Blastonite on Nidoran Female, Cyberra on Bergmite, Greedy Chibi on Pichu, DangerTrout on Weedle (finally found the time for individual congrats).
Wow,there's so many people doing Badge Quests i'm considering getting and older game. But for now, I'm hunting a shiny Scyther,it will probably be a good pokemon since the parents have 4 and 5 IVs,and I hope i get it soon. Also, a friend of mine lent me a Black 2 copy, I feel tempted to hunt in that game...
Good luck for everyone, especially people on long hunts!

Keyblade_Cub

Been gone for a few days, sorry for the blanket congrats today.
I would like to give a big congrats to Cyberra on getting that stubborn Ledyba.

So while I've been gone that past few days I was finally able to hatch another Aron. The first one I hatched shined for me a month ago and I didn't continue it because I was going after the 3 Pixie pokemon. But I got it and it has one extra IV than the first one did which is good I think. And it was one of the last 3 eggs I had left to hatch. Which was a relief cause I was getting tired of hatching Aron eggs and wanted to move on.

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/4E1146CC-AF11-4196-A8EA-C5E7D4271C87_zpsmceqabos.jpg[/img139]

After that I went to route 12 to see if I could catch a Miltank for the CH. Unfortunately that didn't happen. But I wasn't disappointed because I got one of my dream shinies.
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/A4D353CA-C1FD-4E67-B1CB-7E9542DCAA02_zpsnqdcgi6x.jpg[/img139]

Yay Flaffy! I was shocked to see this pink fluffy beauty pop up after 62 encounters. So since that wasn't Miltank obviously, I just went ahead and tried again. This time after 488 horde encounters I found...
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/11A22333-8FE7-450D-B5A4-AD7D48F9D1BC_zps6006fjkv.jpg[/img139]

Yet another Mareep... oh well lol. Now I had gotten two. Evolved the first one I got and named it Cotton Candy! Also caught them both in Heal balls, obviously for the color. :)
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/820C65BD-B07D-4069-B507-C2906CD5E727_zps8qgvnrez.jpg[/img139]

And finally, since it seems everyone and their mom[xD] is starting a Johto Badge Quest, I went ahead and restarted my SS game and after just 58 freaking SRs I get the one I wanted.
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/1807D78E-B080-4D1D-AE2D-615C69986334_zpspbnmkjdl.jpg[/img139]
My heart stopped for a second. I wasn't expecting to get one so soon. I know some people are lucky to get the short ones but I didn't think I'd get one so soon when I only started an hour ago.

Oh and after I stopped horde hunting for Miltank, I just decided to MM for one. Filled up 11 boxes a few days ago with no shiny and now filling up another 9 boxes. Going climbing today with my coworker in a few so won't get to hatch them right away.

Anyways good luck to everyone hunting, especially Roseheart95, man that's a long hunt.

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me.

I think I'm kinda to far ahead to be a part of the HG/SS BQ race. Since I'm at 15610 REs for BQ #8 and I'm planning on doing the Kanto half as well. I'm very close to half way there. I'm happy to see that there are so many doing BQs on these games.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Terra Force on your SR, Cpchris on Scyther, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Lunafloon on Sandile, Keane on Cranidos, Roseheart95 on your BQ,RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, and Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz. Welcome back Uber_Fuller.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well Klefki hasn't gone over the odds yet, but I hope to go over the odds later today while watching my daily Youtube. In unrelated news I will probably be starting a Soulsilver BQ very soon. It all depends on whether I can get the money I need, but until then I guess Klefki will be my top priority.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Congrats to all the recent shinies and good luck to over 14 million new BQs starting recently. No new shinies for me yet, still hunting around looking for that partly golden Larvesta. Maybe I should start a HG BQ too.... I dunno. Maybe.

Crystagon

I swear this is the last shiny hunt I do.
I've been hatching tons of eggs for almost a week and still no shiny Honedge. What frustrates me the most is that it's all luck based and I can't do anything but increase the odds with MM and hope it hatches. I know it will be worth it (or at least I hope so, since I'm also breeding for IVs), but it's just so frustrating.
Anyway, congrats to everyone for their shinies and good luck for those who, like me, are still hunting.