• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blasting Toise

Congratulations to everyone on new shinies and good luck to every hunter :)

I still have no luck with my Masuda method- I haven't been counting Pawniard eggs but I have definitely done at least 25 boxes of them with no shinies found- (I think 30 boxes could be closer actually) It's just so boring and it's so disappointing every time normal pawniard shows up. I have released last 5-7 boxes but I have 11 boxes of the in my bank, almost 10 boxes went with my old White save when I started new one and I have put few boxes in wonder trade as well... so hard.

...(why do they always show up when I'm not paying attention xD )...
This happened to my girlfriend twice XD- she was playing Black one day and talking to me and just when she looked at me and said something irrelevant, I heard little "ding" sound and immediately recognized it to be "shiny effect" she didn't even notice the sound and there was some random shiny Sewaddle. Another time Noctowl appeared in her X and I was like "did... did it shine?" and she was like "I almost pressed run"XD

xKatie0391

This happened to my girlfriend twice XD- she was playing Black one day and talking to me and just when she looked at me and said something irrelevant, I heard little "ding" sound and immediately recognized it to be "shiny effect" she didn't even notice the sound and there was some random shiny Sewaddle. Another time Noctowl appeared in her X and I was like "did... did it shine?" and she was like "I almost pressed run"XD
I don't always have my sound up, so I've never had the shiny noise to alert me :p Luckily, I always check before I press run

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This morning before work I did around 90 or so random encounters for my RE Shiny hunt at Route 15. Not much progress was made sadly, but anyway, I also hatched Oddish eggs for my other Shiny hunt and I hatched about 40 last night after more than an hour. But yeah, congratulations to everyone on their newest Shinies.

Pluski

I was going to make dinner and decided to do 20 more encounters so that I could leave my BQ hunt for today at 2200 RE's, but suddenly this happened...

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/ZvWbejU.jpg[/IMG300]

A shiny Unown H, and in just 2186 encounters! This means that I now have my Badge Quest shiny #2.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/JKZrGh2.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/JWuwtPI.jpg[/IMG300]

I haven't decided where to hunt next, I think I won't decide on that until tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone hunting, and especially those with Badge Quests!

Raptor737

Mage of Void
A very short while ago, I was able to finally chain my first shiny in XY after about 4 or 5 chains that ended just shy of the 40 mark.
I am the proud owner of a Gothorita (now Gothitelle) that I nicknamed "Debbie", after my now belated wonderful great-aunt who passed away to cancer.

I guess you can say that I caught it in her honor. :)

Overall, now that I've really learned how chaining works in the 6th gen, I can't wait to catch more shinies!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me. I'm at 16710 REs for my BQ in HG.

@Keane you've inspired to think about maybe restarting my hunt in Platinum, but I'm a little bit over the odds. I think I would really like a shiny Piplup however. Also Congrats on Turtwig

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially Kyle Clarthy on Fennekin, Venipede, Espurr, Tauros, Binacle, Zubat, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant X2, Foongus, Noctowl, and Tyrunt, as well as those that have gotten BQ shinies. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially, Terra Force on your SR, Cpchris on Scyther, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Lunafloon on Sandile, Keane on Cranidos, Roseheart95 on your BQ, RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, and Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz. Welcome back JenaAndFokkusu and Frost Mage.

umbreonfan3636

I'm still depressed about running from a shiny Sandshrew, but I am still REing in Union Cave. Im at around 7000/7500 REs right now. Hopefully I'll get something soon.

Congrats to everyone!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hello Everyone! I'm here with the same news as always. xD Well today I am at 4520 SRs for my Chimchar that I need to start my Platinum Badge quest, my goal for today is at least 4700 SRs. So I'll have to hunt for quite some time today maybe it will sparkle maybe not. Once I get this starter my BQ should skyrocket I just need chimchar to be my epic jumpstart. Good Luck guys especially those of you with longer hunts! and thanks for all the good lucks they mean a lot! Btw my next target in my badge quest will most likely be Starly/Bidoof. =]
-GlassTheDragon-​

Shiny Lord

Still nothing on Route 48 in Heartgold for my badgequest! Don't know how many encounters I have done. I've been hunting on this route since July 23rd. Hopefully something decides to shine soon. Congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny recently.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
First of all, congrats to everybody on obtaining their recent shinies. I have always been reading this thread, but I never congratulated anyone, but that's majorly due to the fact I don't get a lot of shinies.

Until today.

Since everybody started doing HGSS badgequest, I thought I might just as well join in the fun. So, I restarted my SS file, and started SRing. I was planning to get 100 SRs done today, that seemed good to me. But I didn't reach a 100 SRs. Because after only a mere 57 SRs ((Which is waaaaay too few for a first SRed Shiny IMO)), this little thingie showed up:

It's Chikorita!
Luk6p

Super happy with this, and I think it is time I will try out REing for the first time in my life, specifically on route 32

But first, of to do some EV training. Would anybody suggest a good EV spread for my little cuty. It's Impish natured BTW I was thinking that a 252HP /128Def /128S.Def would be nice, but I would love to hear some tips from you guys

Again, congrats to all of the recent shinies, and good luck to all who are still trying to find one!

Last edited:

Carcara

Congratulations fo everyone on the new shinies. Seriously, I've seen a ton of these things in the last pages. I hatched 100 eggs for the scyther, didn't get the shiny but i have 2 boxes full of 4 IV scythers and some 5 IV ones. I feel like chain fishing for that lanturn again...
Good luck for everyone on your hunts, especially the long ones.

Dangertrout

So many BQ shinies getting done! Not for me though.
I'm at 25 hours in Pearl since Kricketune with no luck yet.
I was hoping for another quick hunt, but not this time it seems :p
SS is progressing at roughly the same rate, but I haven't been tracking it really.
Cresselia continues to be elusive in W2 and I've moved on to a dark FS in X.
My vacation is almost over and the festivals I attended have finished.
I have a few more things to do, but hoping I'll get a bit of time this weekend to hunt.
good luck everyone.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
No new shiny news from me, but I have to say, now that I'm finally playing X, I'm having fun with calling on hordes with sweet scent. :D Hopefully I won't find a horde shiny until I have pokemon in my party that can inflict status conditions so I can paralyze it or put it to sleep before knocking out the competition. I hope to have a new shiny soon! And hopefully I'll get a 6th gen shiny far sooner than it took me to get a 5th gen one.

And I hope to God my first horde shiny won't be a wingull. Oy vey, they're almost impossible to see. -_-

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
I'll end my SR for the shiny starter in soulsilver at 1515 SRs for the night. still hoping for it to be cyndaquil but thats 1/3 chance and with my luck I'll be luck if I even get one.I fear that I won't even notice if chikorita is shiny due to the bright screen and being tired when I get to hunting. cyndaquils will be most noticeable and totodile I'm sure I can notice by lack of red spikes. I'm debating if I should make this a badgequest or not as I would really like to do it but know I wouldn't have much time to hunt. I'll worry about it more after I get that starter though.

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Reached 4,300 SRs for Chimchar today. I restarted my brother's old Pearl so I could dual hunt for it, and now I'm getting SRs done much quicker. Not really much else to say, but I hope it shines soon!

Congrats on all the recent shinies, and good luck to everyone, especially those with long hunts!

Blasting Toise

Shiny Pawniard finally came!!!! '

Less than a day after I ranted about hardness of Masuda method XD

She has quite a bad nature (Quiet) but I don't re since she is my first masuda method shiny and made my day. I started breeding pawniards like 5 months ago and I was pretty desperate now. Japanese Ditto was already on level 100 and so was almost the mother Bisharp XD (Or I dunno haven't checked her since she was on lvl 93)
It was somewhere around 1000 eggs I believe. I just had no time and energy to breed those guys faster.

Next time I need too count the eggs better.

Woah I'm still amazed, after so many non-shinies I had to check it couple of times before I believed it actually is shiny and I'm not hallucinating after seeing too many pawniard harches XD

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I'll end my SR for the shiny starter in soulsilver at 1515 SRs for the night. still hoping for it to be cyndaquil but thats 1/3 chance and with my luck I'll be luck if I even get one.I fear that I won't even notice if chikorita is shiny due to the bright screen and being tired when I get to hunting. cyndaquils will be most noticeable and totodile I'm sure I can notice by lack of red spikes. I'm debating if I should make this a badgequest or not as I would really like to do it but know I wouldn't have much time to hunt. I'll worry about it more after I get that starter though.

Don't worry - Chikorita is pretty easy to spot as a shiny.

Anyway, congratulations on all the recent shinies! Sorry for giving a blanket congrats today ^^;

After hunting all day yesterday, I didn't find a shiny unfortunately, but I managed to increase my RE's by quite a bit, if that's a good thing xD 35,597 REs on Route 32, so it's getting closer to 40,000 now. I mean, I know it's not that close to 40,000, but I'm starting to think in bigger numbers now xD I also want to upload a photo of my Bayleef now that I can, but I'll probably wait until I find something on Route 32, because I can upload both at the same time then. Reason being I don't want to troll people if they see a photo in my post and think I've gotten my Route 32 target when I haven't xD

Anyway, good luck to everyone hunting!

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Congratulations to
Psychic on Ponyta, Sparky Mc-S on Tranquil, Yoshi007 on Raikou, Tattooed Tooth on Zubat, Carcara on Beldum, Spawty on Castform, ashcrimson777 on Pidgey, Drakonekoshi on Yamask, shinycharizard06 on Gothorita, AlisLatios on Drowsee, FarFromFreedom on Chikorita, Senrab on Marill, Uber_Fuller on Tyrogue, Pluski on Chikorita and Unown, Bambo on Nidoran M, pokefreak2014 on Sandshrew, Master Leo on Wooper, Blastonite on Nidoran F, Cyberra on Bergmite, Greedy Chibi on Pichu, Dangertrout on Weedle, Sneasel, and Dewgong, Keyblade_Cub on Aron, Mareep and Cyndaquil, kirkeastment` on Chikorita, Silentslither on Sandslash, JenaAndFokkusu on Eevee, RedJirachi on Mudkip, TayRanitar on Druddigon, Kyle Clarthy on completing your badge quest, Noctowl and Tyrunt (lucky!), Neji-and-Pidgeot on Chikorita, Stunky and Pidgey, Keane on Turtwig, Uber_Fuller on Beautifly and Treecko, Iwanuq on Piplup and Roggenrola, PokemonMegaBeast on Klefki, Frost Mage on Eevee, xKatie0391 on Zubat, Dragalge on Honedge, SurrealistSmeargle pn Sigilyph and Snubbull, Raptor737 on Gothitelle, Shiny Swalot on Chikorita, Blasting Toise on Pawniard, and *IZ* on Deino.

As for me, I just have a small update. I have been busy with work recently, so I haven't touched my BQ, but I did manage to hatch another 400 eggs for Gible. No shiny yet, but it can't be too far away.

Good luck to everyone still hunting, especially Roseheart95! It will be so worth it when it finally shines.

EDIT: IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! Gible has shone exactly 17 eggs after I posted my update! My luck with shinies appearing after I post on these forums is getting scary :O I really wasn't expecting Gible to shine tonight.
That brings my total to 1252 Eggs and I can finally take a break from my marathon cycling trips around Lumiose (My in-game legs must be massive, lol).
He is near perfect with 31 IV's in everything but HP :D

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/rjysPSV.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/bgY9YVd.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/K7Ptqes.jpg[/IMG300]

Anyway, it's time I joined the community hunt, so I am going to try and Safari hunt for a Shiny Sawsbuck with Serene Grace and cool down a bit before I start my next MM hunt which will be Bagon.
And I am officially 1 step closer to obtaining all Dragon type shinies!

Last edited:

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
Well, I don't know whether I should be happy or upset.
Firstly, I had finished another few boxes of Trapinch eggs so decided to go to Route 21 for some horde hunting, wanting to reclaim a Spinda (long story short, years ago caught a shiny Spinda in Ruby, few weeks later, cousin tricked me into deleting my save file) Maybe...10 minutes in, a horde of Swablu turns up with a lovely Swabyellow - terrible joke right? Anyway, I was quite pleased since Swablu has been a wanted shiny for a while so I caught her in a Premier Ball.

Swablu.jpg

Continued hunting 'cos generally, my horde hunts are usually lucky after the first shiny. 15 minutes later, shiny Spinda!! Reclaim!!..or so I thought...
My green panda was on the far right with one next to it, I planned for Victreebel to Leaf Blade to second right. But at that pivotal moment, my right button didn't register that I pressed it and instead of clicking the correct button, I pressed A on the button representing the middle pokemon of the horde :( I watched in misery as my venus fly trap bladed the green spotted panda, I felt gutted. But I'm gonna soldier on and I've decided that I'm not leaving Route 21 until I have properly reclaimed that shiny Spinda.

Congrats to all shinies and good luck to those all hunting.

P.S. Mega Altaria = Mega fluffy!! X)

Last edited: