• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blackkyurem

Hello! Congrads to: Sparkly on Swabyellow and the Sadness of the Spinda, Blasting Toise on Pawniard, and much more!

So, in the new Corocoro, it was stated that an event will give us a shiny beldium with Metagrossite. Awesome! Maybe the opening event?
There is a problem with that though. Now that it was given at an event, Metagross won't be that Rare Shiny he was.
So! I was wondering if you guys and girls could help me out to set up one of the last Beldium MMs.
I need: 5-6iv beldium(maybe a old reject from you old hunts) and a 6iv Ditto(Will trade events, Pm me) Today and every day until i get what i need I will be BQ hunting!
Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Crystagon

Finally... I've been hatching eggs for 3000 years more than a week... but that shiny Honedge finally hatched!
It's female, with a Brave nature and IVs of 31/31/31/31/xx/31. That Sp. Defense is a downside for sure, but... who cares! I'm going to train it anyway. I don't think I'm going to shiny hunt again... at least for another 3000 years a while. I might try to hunt for that shiny Froakie that I gave up on a while ago.
Anyway, congratulations to everyone on their shinies and good luck to those who are looking for them!

Edit:...And, while EV training Honedge, I found a shiny Gulpin in a horde! This must be my lucky day! I feel like something terrible is going to happen

Last edited:

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratulations to: [Long list!] [spoil] Scrufox86 on Chansey & Ghastly, Blasting Toise on 2 Spinda & Phantump, FarFromFreedom on Chikorita, Senrab on Marill, Uber Fuller on Tyrogue, Pluski on Chikorita & Unown, Bambo on Nidoran, pokefreak2014 on Sandshrew, Master Le on Wooper, Blastonite on Nidoran, Cyberra on Bergmite, Greedy Chibi on Pichu, Dangertrout on Weedle & Sneasel, Keyblade_Cub on Aron & The Mareep & Cyndaquil, kirkastment on Chikorita, Silentslither on Sandshrew, JenaAndFokkusu on Eevee, RedJirachi on Mudkip, Dangertrout on Dewgong, TayRanitar on Druddigon, yodhi007 on catching Raikou, Cyberra on Togepi, Kyle Clarthy on finishing your BQ, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Pidgey & Chikorita & Stunky, Keane on Turtwig, Uber Fuller on Beautifly & Treecko, Kyle Clarthy on Noctowl & Tyrunt, Iwanuq on Trevenant & Roggenrola & Piplup & Zubat, PokemonMegaBeast on Klefki, Frost Mage on Eevee, xKatie0391 on Zubat, Dragalge on Honedge, Surrealist Smeargle on Sigilyph & Snubbul, Raptor737 on Gothorita, Shiny Swalot on Chikorita, *IZ* on Deino, Blasting Toise on Pawniard, jrmftw on Gible, Sparky Mc-S on Swablu, Crysatgon on Honedge & Gulpin and anyone else I might have missed![/spoil]

Hey guys it's been a couple of days. I'm back with an update. I have reached 1,500 RE's on route 36 with nothing yet but I'm fully confident to go for the long haul. It's been a couple of buzy days and there are more to come but next week I have one week off :D

It's really nice to see all those new BQ's which started while I was away, I wish you all the best of luck! And to anwser a question I read somewhere: I will be going for all the badges so at the end of my game I should have 16 beautiful shiny pokémon! I'm really curious what I am going to find.

Good luck to ChaoticInverse on your surgery!
Good luck to: Terra Force, Keyblade_Cub, Roseheart95, Shadowkrow, RaichuArcanine, Nakashima, pokefreak2014, Keane, ChaoticInverse, Storm_Dragoon, Cpchris, FlyingFlygon13 and anyone else who needs it!
And thank you everyone who congratulated me a while back!
Have a nice day :D

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW.... WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
i just soft reset over a shiny totodile at 1008 SRs,

Rest in Peace Blue Spiked Gator: 2014-2014

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW.... WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
i just soft reset over a shiny totodile at 1008 SRs,

Rest in Peace Blue Spiked Gator: 2014-2014
That is awul, hopefully it won't take too long for another shiny starter to appear for you. As for my Klefki hunt nothing has really shown up yet, at least I can trade the remaining Klefki on Wonder Trade when this is finished. Good luck to everyone on your hunts.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Going to try and hatch another 120 eggs today, although I may only have time for 60-90. I hope I get this Shiny Trapinch before 1500 eggs, although this is becoming increasingly unlikely, with my total so far being 1392 eggs. Uuurgh, I do want to actually get some more shinies this Summer!

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Omg guys I'm back with shiny news!
At RE number 1,946 I encountered a shiny Nidoran male!!! BQ #3 complete. Till now all my shinies in the game are male xD I cought it in the first pokéball.
I'll edit soon with pics!

Sorry to hear about the Totodile Zekromaster826 I hope you find another Johto starter soon!

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Omg guys I'm back with shiny news!
At RE number 1,946 I encountered a shiny Nidoran male!!! BQ #3 complete. Till now all my shinies in the game are male xD I cought it in the first pokéball.
He is names Meadow and he has a Gentle nature and is Alert to sounds. Not quite sure if I want to evolve this guy since I really like the cuteness of Nidoran.

Pictures:
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ReddFoxy/Shiny/20140808_203237_zpsyc3puvps.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ReddFoxy/Shiny/20140808_203550_zps5xn2rgt3.jpg[/img139]
Sorry to hear about the Totodile Zekromaster826 I hope you find another Johto starter soon!
Good luck to: Terra Force, Keyblade_Cub, Shadowkrow, RaichuArcanine, Nakashima, pokefreak2014, Keane, ChaoticInverse, Storm_Dragoon, Cpchris, FlyingFlygon13 and especially Roseheart95 I'm sending all my luck your way I hope it reaches you in time!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Okay so this morning again, I did around 100 or so random encounters along Route 15. No Shiny has appeared, but I'll keep trying. I also hatched several Oddish eggs for my other hunt and I only hatched like 20 last night since I was busy with something else. But anyway, congrats to everyone who got new Shinies. :)

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hello everyone and congratulations on all the recent shinies! There's been a lot since last time I posted, and especially a lot of very early SR hunts and a few new gen IV badgequests! Nice going! I'm probably not going to be up for racing as I have a feeling there won't be much time for hunting for me the next year as I'll be doing my masters and I'm not generally hunting as much as many people on here, but I love following everyone's progress and I hope to keep going with this quest for the next few years and not get demotivated! I'm also hoping to do all 16 badges, so maybe I'll be done by my 30th birthday? ha..

A special congrats to Master Leo on that shiny Wooper in gen II, Pluski on Unown (your BQ is off to a great start!), and Misjie on NidoranM!!

I have not been hunting much the last week. I felt a bit lost after obtaining Galeru the Ekans and not quite sure what to do next! I think my badge quest # 4 will be a not-able-to-decide hunt, which I will complete before moving on the the next town. I've decided to start off with 2000 encounters on route 35, where I'm mostly hunting for Nidoran (male preferably) but where I'll be happy with pretty much anything except ditto! I'm currently at 385 REs. Then I'll do perhaps a 1000 SRs for Sudowoodo if nothing shines before then, and then do perhaps 200 game corner SRs again for Dratini before doing a few hundred headbutts (Exeggcute would be amazing) and then repeat! So this could certainly turn out to be anything. Hunting is slow going these days as my partner has come to see me and is staying here for a month! so I'm not expecting anything soon, but my excitement is building itself up again :)

Good luck to everyone hunting, particularly everyone in the gen IV badge quest club and especially Roseheart95 on your route 32 hunt, I'm rooting for you all the way!

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Congrats to:
*IZ* with Deino, Blasting Toise with Pawniard, jrmftw with Gible, Sparky Mc-S with Swablu ((Sorry to hear about your Spinda loss though)), Crystagon with Honedge and Gulpin ((Shiny Gulpin ftw, I still need to find one of my own though. It's on my list for my SS BQ Kanto part)), Misjie with the male Nidoran and anyone one else who I might have missed.

Sorry to hear about your Totodile Zekromaster826, hope you can reclaim that blue thingie soon!

As for myself, I started EV training my Chikorita, who is now a proud Bayleef. I traded over a Macho Brace to get the job done faster and get back to really REing for my first RE hunt.
I didn't count all of my RE's, but I did count the last few encounters, which gave me a total of 750 RE's, give or take a few.
I haven't been hunting on a particular route yet, but most of the RE's happened while I was killing little blue monsters on route 32, although I also spent relatively long in the Dark Cave and route 46 to search and kill Geodude's.
I will finish my EV training on Ledyba or Hoppip, and then I will continue REing on route 36. Hoping for a Shiny Hoppip in particular, but anything is OK with me as long as it ain't zubat, because that's one of the few shinies I do already have.

Next time I update, I hope to have a shiny!

Good luck to everyone who's hunting a shiny, especially Carcara, Dangertrout, wobbanut, shinycharizard06, pokemaster13, Roseheart, Zekromaster826, ShiningknightXY, tomatohater, Lorde, Solfatara and everone else!

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well, my JP HeartGold BQ hasn't come to fruition as yet, however, I do come bearing news of a new, albeit repeat Shiny.

It took around 700 SR's total and 3 save files(I tend to start a new save file every 200 SR's or every 2-3 hours, just because it's served me well in the past).

Another Shiny Chikorita decided to grace me with its presence, this time on my Eng SoulSilver.

It has a Hasty nature, and as such i will EV train it in Atk/Speed. So i am now dual participating in a Jotho BQ. :D

My next target for my Eng SS BQ will be a night time hunt, on Route 30. With a pretty nice even split of 60/40, i will either end up with a Shiny Rattata or HootHoot, all of which would be great additions to my burgeoning Shiny Collection.

I also now face a separate issue, in the sense that i must now use my Eng HeartGold to SR for another Shiny Starter, as i have yet to get that elusive 2nd Shiny Cyndaquil. So my two BQ hunts are well planned, as one is a daytime hunt and the other a night time hunt, leaving me the ability to SR & RE but not get overwhelmed using 3 consoles.

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/54141B30-CE2E-4F4F-8341-A3FC33A816AB_zpsfxmyaugi.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Uber_Fuller on Beautifly and Treecko, Kyle Clarthy on Noctowl, Iwanuq on Piplup, Roggenrola and Zubat, PokemonMegaBeast on Klefki, Frost Mage on Eevee, xKatie0391 on Zubat, Dragalge on Honedge, SurrealistSmeargle on Sigilyph and Smeargle, Pluski on Unown, Raptor737 on Gothorita, Shiny Swalot on Chikorita, *IZ* on Deino, Blasting Toise on Pawniard, jrmftw on Gible, Sparky Mc-S on Swabyellow, Crystagon on Honedge, Misjie on Nidoran, and anyone else I missed!

Thank you Blackkyurem, Kyle Clarthy, CpChris, Shadowkrow, jrmftw and Misjie for the congrats!
And thank you CpChris, Shadowkrow and Misjie for the luck!
Sorry to hear about Totodile, Zekromaster826!
Congrats to Keane for ... what?! Finding a shiny Turtwig in that many SRs?! I tip my hat to you! This is another hunt I would like to attempt. I want to try for a shiny Piplup, but the overly long SRs may tip me over the edge! I understand that I have attempted and beaten other longwinded SRs before, those being Tepig, Oshawott, Fennekin, but I just don't know about shiny Sinnoh hunting. And yes, good luck to those hunting for their Sinnoh starter, too, like Keane said. Hang in there! Keane, I just wanted to ask, how are you hunting for that stubborn Cranidos? I'm just curious. Also, thank you for the congrats!

Oh gosh I know! Haha it was so uncanny sitting there and seeing a blue Turtwig pop out the pokeball after hunting for such little time! I always thought Cranidos would be the shiny I found next! And I'm in Platinum's Orebrough Museum, saved in front of the guy who has my fossil ready for collection. So I just talk to him, spam b then open my pokemon menu, check Cranidos then SR.

I just sent a VM to Kyle and said the same thing, and now I read this and feel a bit silly :x I wonder if I skimmed your post a bit without realizing it before I went to VM him, which I did before actually reading your post…

Oh gosh haha! It should be alright - after all, it was a huge haul of shinies!

@Keane you've inspired to think about maybe restarting my hunt in Platinum, but I'm a little bit over the odds. I think I would really like a shiny Piplup however. Also Congrats on Turtwig

That's good - you should go for it again! Piplup is a really lovely shiny too - got to love that bright blue!

Started my dual hunt in Eterna Forest - at 1000REs! Double battle REs are ridiculously fast, and I've decided that I'm going to take this oppotunity to hunt in Eterna Forest until I have both a shiny Buneary and Murkrow! Only the first shiny I get I'll count towards my BQ of course, but I want to try and clear out Eterna because there's a lot of good shinies here. Didn't get anywhere with Cranidos though, still at 17,100 SRs.

Good luck everyone, especially CpChris, RaichuArcanine, Terra Force, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Roseheart95 and Storm_Dragoon!

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congrats to Cyberra on Togepi, Kyle Clarthy on all those amazing shinies and successfully completing your Badge Quest! (I'm totally jealous :p), Neji-and-Pidgeot on reclaiming Stunky, and on Chikorita and Pidgey, Keane on Turtwig, Uber_Fuller on Beautifly and Treecko, Iwanuq on Piplup, Trevenant, Roggenrola, and Zubat, PokemonMegaBeast on Klefki, Blasting Toise on finding that shiny Nidoqueen (wow!) and on hatching Pawniard, Frost Mage on Eevee, xKatie0391 on Zubat, Dragalge on Honedge, SurrealistSmeargle on Sigilyph, Snubbull, and all your other Route 10 shinies (hope you get your Electric shiny next!), Pluski on Unown (tempted to try for one of those myself), Raptor737 on Gothorita/Gothitelle (and sorry to hear about your aunt :(), Shiny Swalot on Chikorita, *IZ* on Deino, jrmftw on Gible, Sparky Mc-S on Swablu (and sorry about your Spinda, hope you can reclaim it soon!), Crystagon on Honedge and Gulpin, Misjie on Nidoran(M), kirkeastment on Chikorita, and anyone else I may have missed on their shinies!

Thanks for the congrats Cpchris, Roseheart95, Keane, Blackkyurem, Kyle Clarthy, jrmftw, and Misjie! :)

Sorry to hear about your Totodile, Zekromaster826. :(

---

Technically, I think you can reset for Entei by saving before you beat the Champion, then all you need to do is beat the Champ, check Entei, reset, repeat.

EDIT: Disregard as game saves after beating the champ.

Yeah, I thought that at first too, would still take forever but at least it'd be doable, whereas having to go and KO Entei then beat the entire league again just to find out it's not shiny over and over is just a chore I'm not sure I could pull off. I mean I do plan on going through the league a few times in this playthrough so I'll still KO it beforehand each time just to give it a go, but I mean, I'd have to be insanely lucky for it to appear shiny. Maybe if I can find a HeartGold copy or if I decide to restart this game again when I'm finished I can try again, though then I'd be afraid I'll end up with Raikou again. :p Not that that would be a bad thing, but anyway...

When I was playing through Emerald a few months ago, there were about two times I had to level-grind a bit. Both times I found a shiny after roughly the same amount of time (I think 2-3 hours), so I think it's probably the same deal as SRing.

Ah, that's a shame. I suppose it means it's still doable to get a shiny via RE then, but if you miss the frame then you'll end up being there for hours longer, so... Probably best to just leave Emerald alone in terms of shiny hunting. Still, getting Kyogre and Rayquaza shiny would be awesome, if I could get an early shiny frame (though if they aren't shiny locked in AS then I'll just hunt them there I think).

Out of interest, how does shiny hunting work in FireRed and LeafGreen? Does it matter if the battery runs dry like in Ruby and Sapphire or can you hunt regardless? I'd still like to play one of those games eventually, Kanto is the only region I haven't played the most updated version of (played Emerald and soon will play AS for Hoenn, played SoulSilver for Johto, played Pearl/Platinum for Sinnoh, played Black/Black 2 for Unova, and played X for Kalos (obviously), but only played the original Blue for Kanto after getting it second hand as a present along with Red and Yellow, would still like to play the remakes). I've looked a few times at sites like eBay in the past but have just ended up giving up as it's really hard to tell which games are legit and which are fake copies, and there are so many fakes floating around it makes it really hard to actually get hold of a real copy. I'd still like to get one though so might have a look again, see if I can find a legit one.

I just wanted to say major congrats for finding that shiny Raikou, yoshi007! I am equally happy for you/jealous due to the fact that I'd love my own Raikou (It's my favourite of the three legendary beasts) but I don't have the courage to hunt for one. Does anyone have any tips/pointers? Like, what do I need to do in order to make it easy for me to hunt for one? What's a good Pokémon to capture it with? And how do you begin and continue the hunt? You have to encounter them throughout the storyline, right, but that means that not all the routes are unlocked at that point, so you just have to hope you can find it on a particular route? You've really inspired me and I think that I will have to try at least once in my life to get one of them to shine! Entei is pretty sweet, too.

Thanks! I'm glad I could inspire you, Raikou is an amazing shiny. :D

As for hunting them, it's not too difficult, it's just that the SRs are really long so it could take a while. Unlike other long SR hunts though, you do actually get to move around and do something other than mashing A when you go and search for Raikou and Entei once they're released, so it didn't feel as boring or tedious as it may seem, at least for me. But then, I only had to do a couple hundred SRs so don't take my word for it. :p

The way I went about it was to use a Repel in Burned Tower (I didn't do this at first and kept running into wild Pokémon on the way out which just got annoying) - I'd recommend having about 5 or 6 repels in your bag in total (more on this later) - and save at the bottom of the ladder on the bottom floor. Going towards the Beasts will cause them to stir - Raikou and Entei will flee while Suicune will come up to you before also fleeing (don't worry about Suicune as you can SR for it later at Cerulean Cape). Then Eusine will come down and speak to you - make sure you have your text speed on fast to get through his talking quicker - before going after Suicune. After that you're free to move around again, so go out of the tower and check the map on the Pokégear to see where Raikou and Entei are currently roaming. The entrance between Ecruteak City and the route below (Route 37, I believe), is a great place to ride back and forth between to get the two Beasts to move around the region and hopefully end up on the same route as you - also a thing I noticed: If a route or city leads directly on to another route or city without entering a gate building to get there, then the Beasts will change routes, but if the route and city are separated by a gate building, then if you go through, the Beasts will still be on the same routes they were before, meaning for example if you end up in Ecruteak and one of the Beasts is on the Route to the west, then you can go through the western gate and it'll still be on that route by the time you get there... I hope that makes sense. I switched between Routes 36 and 37 quite a lot to get the Beasts to move around, as it's possible to go through Violet City or the Ruins of Alph without getting them to change routes so if they ended up on a route I could get to through gates only then I'd just ride over there. Some people probably prefer to just keep switching routes until they end up on the same route as you though, it's up to you which way you prefer.

Anyway, at this point in the game you should have 3 Gym badges and thus your Pokémon are probably around level 30-35, higher than all normal wild Pokémon you can encounter at this point in the game but lower than Raikou and Entei's level 40. So, once you end up on the same route as Entei or Raikou, use one of the Repels you have (Max Repels last longer but Super Repels are more cost effective if you want to save money), and head into the grass. This should cause only the Beast to appear, where you'll be able to see whether or not it's shiny. Find the other Beast and do the same, and if it also isn't shiny, soft reset the game. You'll be back at Burned Tower and free to repeat the process.

As for catching them, it really doesn't matter too much what Pokémon you use, as once you encounter one of them shiny, as long as you save afterwards it will always be shiny in your game, for every encounter that follows. I think my Pokémon were around level 35 when I went to capture it? But honestly you don't even need to be that high in level - I mean it helps as it'll be easier to weaken it - but it's not a requirement. So firstly you'll probably want a Pokémon with a move that prevents fleeing, as otherwise you'll have to chase it round again and encounter it - Raikou still knows Roar though (not sure about Entei) so if you don't have a Pokémon that can counteract that then be prepared to run around a bit to find it again. From here it's pretty much like a regular legendary encounter. A status effect, namely paralysis or sleep, will make it easier to capture - sleep is 2x more effective than paralysis I think, but paralysis worked for me so again it's up to you. Next is suitably weakening it - ideally low yellow or red health. I'm pretty sure they don't have any recoil moves so you needn't worry about that. Once you've weakened it, then it's time to capture it - Fast Balls will work great as they're designed for Pokémon that flee like Raikou and Entei, and they match Raikou's shiny design so well it's almost like they were designed for it. :p Other options are the usual Ultra Balls, Quick Balls to throw at the beginning of a battle, or Dusk Balls if you want to hunt at night, though I don't think you can get the latter two kinds of ball until later in the game. But yeah, this turned into a kind of mini-guide, but there you go. :)

---

Not much to update with on the shiny front here. My DS Lite arrived a day early, which was a nice surprise, but means that I've been pretty much playing SoulSilver non-stop for the last few days. Evolved my Scizor now that I'm able to trade, beat Chuck and Jasmine, caught a Swinub which I trained up to Mamoswine (took me about an hour or more of Rock Smashing to find a god damn Heart Scale for Ancientpower though), and yesterday I beat Clair and the Kimono Girls and got to the Whirl Islands. So I thought I'd better do a test capture on Lugia... let's just say it didn't go well. xD Imagine my surprise when I found out it has a catch rate of 3. So yeah, after doing that I reset and went back to KO it so I can move on with the story and come back to it later when I'm more prepared and ready for the hunt and capture. I guess that counts as 2 SRs then? Dunno if I should count them towards the total or just start counting when I properly hunt it. Not that it matters much. Anyway, thinking of training up a Parasect as not only can it learn Flash (currently I have to dump one of my team in the PC whenever I need to get through a Flash cave, which really isn't ideal for a Legendary battle, let alone a shiny one), but it also gets Spore and False Swipe, which are obviously incredibly useful for capturing. So yeah.

On to the League next for me, after that I was thinking I could do a sort of quest of my own - not a badge quest, but I was thinking I'd like to train up a second team for getting through Kanto, and why not make it a shiny team? Planning on SRing for Charmander, and then perhaps going for Abra in the Goldenrod Game Corner. Might see if there's anywhere you can encounter Gastly (Lavender Town maybe?) and try going for my first proper RE hunt with that, and also might SR for a Porygon from Celadon Game Corner if I can somehow get enough coins on that damn tile flipping game. Porygon-Z is an amazing shiny that I actually really want, but alas it seems I'm cursed to have most of my favourite shinies be genderless Pokémon - first Metagross now this - which means it can only be bred with Ditto. And since I currently have no 5 or 6IV Ditto in sight, might as well try and get one for a playthrough. Not sure what my final two will be, probably a Water type of some sort, and maybe an Electric or Grass type, we'll see. If I manage to see that through, I'm thinking of SRing for a Hoenn starter too - probably Treecko - because why not? :p And then of course it's back to getting all the legendaries, which was my main goal when restarting this game - guess I'm getting caught up in all the BQs people are doing currently on these games. :')

Also speaking of Metagross, I'm not really sure how I feel about the shiny Beldum event that's been revealed in CoroCoro. On the one hand it's one of my dream shinies, so it'll be great to get it, but on the other hand it's kind of disappointing being just given it rather than having to work for it, and also I still want one with ideally 5IVs, so I think I'm still gonna go for Beldum/Metagross at some point (if I ever get a Ditto), but another shiny Beldum is still nice.

Planning on continuing to SR for Tepig for the rest of the night now, as it's still only on 930 SRs, so I want to get up to at least 1000 before I go to sleep. It's a pretty long hunt, but not nearly as long as some others so I'm not complaining. I commend anyone who can sit through and manage to successfully SR for one of the Kalos starters, that intro is brutal.

Sorry for such a long post, it seems my posts in this thread are becoming dangerously essay-like recently, and I haven't even got any shinies to report! Yikes, sorry again for the wall of text.

Good luck to everyone on your shinies, especially Roseheart95 on Route 32 (I hope the shiny gods forgive you for whatever you did to upset them :p), Keane on Cranidos, and tomatohater on that Trapinch! :)

Last edited:

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Everyone's thoughts on the easier shiny rates in the Friend Safari? STILL forming my opinion on it. xD

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Hello everyone! A few days ago, I decided to fill 10 PC boxes with 300 Froakie eggs. On the 76th egg, a shiny Froakie appeared!
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/eVTpJi9.jpg[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/H5Fr7gT.jpg[/IMG139]
The Froakie is a male, and he came with 4 IVs, a Timid nature, and the unfortunate ability, Torrent. Still though, his evolution, Greninja, looks amazing with his shiny sprite.

I still have 9 more boxes to hatch later today/over the weekend. Hoping for a shiny Protean Froakie in these last boxes :).

Congratulations to everyone that got a shiny recently, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Out of interest, how does shiny hunting work in FireRed and LeafGreen? Does it matter if the battery runs dry like in Ruby and Sapphire or can you hunt regardless?
Oh, I need to know that too!

Thanks Crimson Penguin, Cpchris, Keane and jrmftw.

So sorry for Sparky Mc-S' Spinda and Zekromaster826's Totodile. =[

Congrats everyone on their recent shiny, specially yoshi007 for the cool Raikou, Kyle for reclaiming Noctowl after that awesome BQ report, Blasting Toise for Pawniard (and for recovering your 3rd gen pokémon!) and jrmftw for Gible.

Now I got a better rhythm in my Lampent hunt, but have reached only 200 REs on that ghost safari.

Good luck for those hunting, specially Cpchris on the Platinum starters, tomatohater on Trapinch, Keane on fossil Cranidos, Neji-and-Pidgeot for the correct shine on Nidoran♀, Blasting Toise for Nidoran♀ too, dark1raven3 on Electrike, SurrealistSmeargle for the correct shine on electric-type; and Shadowkrow, umbreonfan3636, Roseheart95 on their BQs!

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

Still no shiny on my Heartgold on Route 48. I'm hoping something decides to shine soon. Would be nice to find that final shiny for my badgequest soon. Been hunting on this route since July 23rd.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
@yoshi007: FR/LG don't have the Dry Battery problem like R/S/E. You can hunt in FR and LG without worry.

Still hunting for this Chikorita in Crystal so that I can begin the BQ. Its only been a few days since I started, but I'm really ready to get out of Prof. Elm's lab. Here's hoping I get it soon :b

Keyblade_Cub

Congrats to Spawty on Froakie, kirkeastment on CHikorita, Misjie on Nidoran, Crystagon on Honedge, jrmftw on Gible, Sparky Mc-S on Swablu, Blasting Toise on Pawniard, *IZ* on Deino,

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially the badge quest hunts, and Roseheart95 on the very long hunt.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Totodile loss, Zekromaster826.

Well a few days ago I got my Shiny Miltank to hatch. Later on leveled it up until it leared Captivate, so AUGUST COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/7536E744-DCDC-46F1-8757-27559217CB72_zpsafaxg8xh.jpg[/img139]

I've been working on the side quest hunt on my Black verson in the Challengers Cave with nothing to shine so far, with 2,816 encounters. Also working on my badge quest with 800 REs so far, hoping for a Mareep in my SS.

And this has got to be ridiculous... So after the news of the new Mega Evolutions today, I wanted to go after a Swablu horde. I ended up finding a Spinda, after only 89 Horde REs. So I then decided to take my Pokemon X out and dual hunt on both games for a Swablu. And after 45 Horde REs... another Spinda... on the same game of my Pokemon Y. So I now ended up with 2 Spindas and no Swablu. That was until I came back from a movie and just literally started up my Pokemon X game, and after 2 encounters ANOTHER SPINDA! I'm amazed to have found 3 Shinies in one day and especially the first two not very far apart. And to now find a 3rd Spinda, this is crazy. I'm going to end up with a whole PC box filled with different Shiny Spinda patterns.

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/05E8E960-E37A-4DDF-9000-E431C03C4086_zpsislfhrja.jpg[/img139]
Here is just 1 of the 3 Spinda's I got, the last one actually.