• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
1108 encounters so far in my Black2 Badge Quest, no shiny Patrat or Purrloin yet.
That is a lot less encounters than my Spiritomb hunt in XY. But this hunt feels a lot longer because of the encounter rate and speed.

Last edited:

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
So I was breeding for a good Bagon for my Mega Salamence, and guess what pops out?
tumblr_na3r7n4JEl1tus2bdo1_500.jpg
He is Bashful, and his stats are 12/6/6/5/5/6. I named him Smaug. :D

Pluski

Thanks for all the congratulations on both Chikorita and Unown.

I have now started looking for my third BQ shiny in SoulSilver, and I've done 810 RE's for it in the National Park so far. However, I'm only going to hunt in the National Park at day, as Hoothoot is the only Pokémon that can be found there at night. Therefore, I'm going to hunt in a different, yet undecided place at nighttime. Probably Ilex Forest (for Oddish or Paras), Route 32 (for Wooper) or Sprout Tower (for Gastly). I like Route 36 as well, but then there's a chance of getting Vulpix which I already have two of in generation 6. Also, Vulpix knows roar which makes it a little risky...

Good luck to everyone!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So again last night I did approximately 100 more random encounters at Route 15 on my Y version, with no luck as usual. Despite that, I also worked some more on hatching Oddish eggs for my Masuda Method hunt and I hatched 27 last night and 15 more this morning. I also have some stored in my PC that I'll hatch this afternoon.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Congrats to:
Kirkeastment with Chikorita and Rattata, Spawty with Froakie, Keyblade_Cub with Miltank and the THREE Spinda's ((Lucky you :p)), RaichuArcanine with Shinx ((Hope your friend is happy with it)), tomatohater with Trapinch, Sparky Mc-S with the second Swablu and the Spinda, Cyberra with Spearow, Kyle Clarthy with Azelf, JohnNiles with Aron, Gastly, Pinsir, Spiritomb and Terrakion!, Cyclone with the Dragonairs and the Gabite, Oarfish with Fraxure, Fletchinder and Tyrunt, proffesorj15 with Froakie, Shiny Lord with Diglett, Null&VoidXIII with Porygon, TheEmerladKnight with Fraxure, *IZ* with Cyndaquil, Neji-and-Pidgeot with Pikachu, Eevee and Skiddo, Iwanuq with Abra, Cpchris with Machoke ((at least it's shiny ;))), The Majestic Mr L with Bagon and everyone else I might have missed. ((That's a looooooong list))

Thanks to everybody who congratuled me with Chikorita, I really appreciate it when people are so personal ;D

Back to the Shiny news: Yesterday I only managed to do a mere 125 RE's on route 32, but today, I went no-life Shiny hunting ((IMO)) and did a whopping 1347 encounters, getting my total to 2222 encounters, still no shiny though. I'd really love Hoppip to shine, although Ekans, Mareep, Wooper and Rattata are also okay. As long as it ain't Zubat.....

Althouhg I think 2222 RE's is already much ((At least compared to my 57 Chiko SR's)), I am really happy that my first RE hunt is so troublesome. I will really appreciate the shiny more now I guess, especially after sooooooo many encounters ((IMO))

I also finished EV training my Bayleef, so the encounters should be going faster right now.

But I was wondering: Since I did 1347 encounters today, which is very much IMO, I was wondering:

What's the maximum amount of RE's/SR's you once managed to do in one day?

Just curious to find out

Hope to report soon with a Shiny!

Good Luck to everybody, may everyone be so Lucky as ever possible

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I tried using the Poke Radar a few weeks ago, and I got a shiny Golett! It was the first chain, and I suddenly get a different colored Golett. Out of all the possibilites, my luck was shining bright. ;)

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
1265 SRs so far with nothing more, at first I didnt want totodile but now I WILL RECLAIM THIS THING.
Grats to the recent shinies and GL to those hunting

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Spawty on Froakie, Keyblade_cub on Miltank and Spinda, tomatohater on Trapinch, Sparky Mc-s on Swablu and Spinda, Cyberra on Spearow, Iwanuq on Abra and Sliggoo, Kyle Clarthy on Azelf (I'm jealous, the lake trio are such good shinies!), Johnniles on Pinsir, Aron, Gastly, Spiritomb and Terrakion, Cyclone on Dragonair x5 and Gabite, oarfish on Fraxure, Fletchinder and Tyrunt, kirkeastment on Rattata, professorj15 on Froakie, Shiny Lord on Diglett, Null&VoidXIII on Porygon, TheEmeraldKnight on Axew, *IZ* on Cyndaquil, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Eevee, Skiddo and Pikachu, CpChris on Machoke (though seriously, I hope you get your Scyther! Another Growlithe-esque hunt would suck), Majestic Mr L on Bagon, the1stpkmnfan on Golett, and anyone else I missed!

Thank you yoshi007, Tattooed Tooth, cocoadragon, Shadowkrow and CpChris for the luck!
And thank you Mutant Mesprit for the congrats!

What's the maximum amount of RE's/SR's you once managed to do in one day?

My largest amount of encounters/SRs is what I did today - 1,570! But I was triple hunting for the most part of it. I couldn't see myself doing that amount in a single battle on one system!

I didn't work on Cranidos today, but I'm now up to 3,400 encounters in Eterna Forest. I also got my brother's Pearl, and unfortunately he's just got past Eterna so I can't double battle hunt there, but now I get to see 3 pokemon at once which is making things faaaast. Also, Pearl means the chance of Misdreavus, which I really want aswell!

Good luck to everybody, especially ChaoticInverse, Terra Force, Storm_Dragoon, RaichuArcanine, Shadowkrow and Roseheart95!

*IZ*

Congrats to everyone that got shinies and thank you to the people that told me congrats. I appreciate it.

The general serebii rules still apply in this thread, which means no discussion of hacking.

LOL. Am I discussing about hacking for a shiny pokemon? If we're being smartasses about the rules shouldn't you post something shiny related in the shiny pokemon thread? No spamming remember?

Also, I finished hatching 150 torchic eggs. No luck but I start school soon which will mean I won't be able to hatch and collect eggs as fast as I normally do.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Aaaaaaand there's my second shiny spearow >.< Into the wonder trade system it goes... I have a shiny fearow already so I don't need the second one. Still looking for that elusive rufflet; I'm not moving to another safari until I get it.

Regice stands at 4,700 SRs. I didn't get any SRing done today; I spent most of the day drifting in and out of sleep, then went out in the evening. The hunt will resume tomorrow.

I'm up to 730 eggs for eevee. Once this eevee shines, my next MM will be tynamo. The next eeveeloution I'll be going after will be vaporeon, in a heal ball. I've already caught a female eevee from the FS for breeding up to a 6IV female with the right nature, and then a shiny.

Null&VoidXIII

Shiny Hunter
Whats with the arguing? I thought you could pass down what ball a baby poke is in in X&Y anyway? Or am I wrong?

That aside... I've not yet had any more sparkles yet, but am hopeful another will shine. This time though an eevee. Oh and it took 81 eggs to get my porygon. Forgot to mention that on my previous post.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congrats to TheEmeraldKnight on Axew, *IZ* on Cyndaquil, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Eevee, Skiddo, and Pikachu, Iwanuq on Abra, Cpchris on the unfortunate Machoke, The Majestic Mr L on Bagon, the1stpkmnfan on Golett, Cyberra on the unfortunate Spearow, and everyone else on their shinies!

Yikes, are we really being that strict about the rules? I mean it's not like anyone is actually posting in-depth details or walkthroughs of how they hacked the game, it was literally just a mention. Would I not be allowed to post about hunting for a Darkrai or Shaymin if I ever decided to, considering there's no way to get the events legitimately now? Idk...

So I think I've been getting a bit ahead of myself in terms of planning hunts recently. I mean, a whole team of shinies in SS to train up on top of all the legendaries I have planned is a bit much, and honestly I've been feeling a bit burned out when it comes to hunting in the past day or two. No particular reason, it's not like I've even had a long hunt, but yeah... I started SRing for Abra earlier and managed to get to 100 SRs, but I really just wasn't enjoying it... so I decided to scrap that team plan for now and just go for my original goal which is to get all the legendaries in the game I can in shiny form. That means I'll be progressing through Kanto with the same team as I have now, and I'll be going back to try for Lugia again very soon. I may go back to Abra at some point though, as it's a pretty fast and easy hunt compared to many others. Also may still try for the Kanto and Hoenn starters, haven't decided yet.

Meanwhile I transferred all of my one and a bit boxes of Pokémon from Emerald to SoulSilver now that I've reached the Pal Park, including the trio of Regis which I'd forgotten I'd captured. I'm so glad you don't have to wait a day before migrating the next batch over in HG/SS, as now my Emerald is ready for me to restart. I then caught a Paras on SS and traded it over to Platinum for training. Spent the last few hours rebattling a couple of high leveled trainers just outside Veilstone City with Paras (now Parasect) holding the Exp. Share. It's Adamant and is now level 60 and knows Spore, False Swipe, Flash, and Slash. Only bad thing is I forgot to check its ability before training it, and it turns out it has Effect Spore, which could be troublesome if it ends up poisoning one of the legendaries I'm trying to catch... ugh, if only I had an Ability Capsule...

Now trying to decide whether to do most of Kanto first or to go back and try for Lugia again. Hmmm...

Anyway, good luck to everyone on your hunts! :)

MissEevee

Fairy Princess
Congrats to everyone on their successful hunts!

I've been MMing for a HA Sylveon but so far no luck in improving IVs as the females that I've bred do not have anymore than 3 IVs. So many males are coming out with outstanding 5IV. Anyway, I think I've only hatched about 60+ eggs so far. I decided to go safari hunting last night for a change and I ended up with my second shiny Eevee. It is relatively superior with 31 in Attack and SpD. Not quite what I was looking for, but it was nice to find a shiny nonetheless. Ultimately, I want to have a shiny of each Eeveelution so the more the merrier I say. :)

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Hacking is Hacking and in the Serebii Rules it states no discussion of any of that. So yea. You talking about Breeding Pokemon into Illegal Pokeballs is against the rules. It's kinda simple. Can it be in that ball? No? Did you hack it into the Pokeball? Yes? Then you are talking about hacking on the Forums. So yea.....

As for me. 9500 SRs for Sudowoodo and nothing yet. No other Shiny Nidorans yet either. But I am taking a mini break for now to Play some GDW:Reborn :) Loving this game too since I got it and want to play more of it. I'll still do some Sudowoodo SRs during it. The process will just be slower is all haha.

Congrats to all who have seen the shine and to those still searching I hope you see the shine soon :D

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
[COLOR=#80008]Hey all, congrats on all recent shinies! I just thought I should do an update post. I've hatched all my three boxes of Trapinch in my multi MM hunt on Y, making my total 290 eggs. I'm hatching my Torchic boxes now and I'm really having fun with this hunt! I've breed all the elemental fangs on my boxes of Poochyena and Dragonbreath and Leaf Storm on my boxes of Treecko. If I get no shiny Torchic in my three boxes of it I'll be breeding Night Slash and Crush Claw on them in the next batch! I've been working on my Desert Resort hunt for shiny number #6 in my White BQ as well, I'm on 2007 RE's for that. I've been hunting it on the bus rides two and from college haha as I can get an easy 400 RE's a day that way. For now I want to focus on these two hunts, although this weekend I got up to 1168 SR's for Bulbasaur and 17,058 SR's for Chimchar. Good luck all, especially to those who need it!
~RaichuArcanine~[/COLOR]

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Whats with the arguing? I thought you could pass down what ball a baby poke is in in X&Y anyway? Or am I wrong?

That aside... I've not yet had any more sparkles yet, but am hopeful another will shine. This time though an eevee. Oh and it took 81 eggs to get my porygon. Forgot to mention that on my previous post.

It is an Eevee in a hacked Ball though (Moon Ball), which, legitimately, it cannot be caught/found in.

I have started my next MM for a Shiny Eevee to evolve in Umbreon. Umbreon (like Flygon) is one of my all time favourites, and I adore its' shiny form. Courtesy of ohjeezitskim's trade shop, I got a Carfeul one, with Egg Moves Wish, Yawn and Curse. I hope I get the right IV spread, and sincerely hope it does not take over 1400 eggs again :(

Good luck on everyone's hunts and congratulations on all the recent shinies! :D

*IZ*

I'm closing in on 300 eggs with the torchic and still no luck. Just curious but how do you guys MM? Do you collect the eggs first then hatch, or do you collect 5 and hatch those 5 right away?

Hacking is Hacking and in the Serebii Rules it states no discussion of any of that. So yea. You talking about Breeding Pokemon into Illegal Pokeballs is against the rules. It's kinda simple. Can it be in that ball? No? Did you hack it into the Pokeball? Yes? Then you are talking about hacking on the Forums. So yea.....

There was no discussing though. Thats the problem. I only mentioned that its in a different pokeball. The pokemon that are in the pokeball are 100% legit. If you have a problem with that than thats all on you. Recently Ray Rizzo, a three time pokemon champion, used a dream ball Aegislash. If you guys didn't know, Nintendo checks the pokemon to make sure they're legit in the official tournaments. Well Ray Rizzo's dream ball Aegislash passed so Nintendo had no problem with it whatsoever.

Yikes, are we really being that strict about the rules? I mean it's not like anyone is actually posting in-depth details or walkthroughs of how they hacked the game, it was literally just a mention. Would I not be allowed to post about hunting for a Darkrai or Shaymin if I ever decided to, considering there's no way to get the events legitimately now? Idk...
Yea exactly what I'm saying. The mods don't seem to care but the users seem to be offended by the word "hack" even if it's just mentioned. I didn't see anyone going indepth to how to do it. Hell, even I don't know.

Last edited:

Null&VoidXIII

Shiny Hunter
It is an Eevee in a hacked Ball though (Moon Ball), which, legitimately, it cannot be caught/found in.

Ah. See that I didn't know.

Just finished hatching the rest of my porygon so now it's on to eevee. God, something tells me that this one is going to take forever.

I'm closing in on 300 eggs with the torchic and still no luck. Just curious but how do you guys MM? Do you collect the eggs first then hatch, or do you collect 5 and hatch those 5 right away?

There was no discussing though. Thats the problem. I only mentioned that its in a different pokeball. The pokemon that are in the pokeball are 100% legit. If you have a problem with that than thats all on you. Recently Ray Rizzo, a three time pokemon champion, used a dream ball Aegislash. If you guys didn't know, Nintendo checks the pokemon to make sure they're legit in the official tournaments. Well Ray Rizzo's dream ball Aegislash passed so Nintendo had no problem with it whatsoever.

Yea exactly what I'm saying. The mods don't seem to care but the users seem to be offended by the word "hack" even if it's just mentioned. I didn't see anyone going indepth to how to do it. Hell, even I don't know.
I'm not one of those people who cares much for cheating but it doesn't bother me either, so long as you don't brag about it. About the egg thing... It may sound time consuming but I usually save before I pick up each egg so that I can get the right IV sets that I like if the poke is indeed a shiny. So I usually just hatch them five per batch otherwise I'd never feel like hatching them if they were to build up in the pc :(

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well you've hacked the ball, and thus you're getting something illegitimate. The difference this has compared to Darkrai is that the Pokemon, Darkrai, itself (whether the event is hacked or not) is not hacked but the event may be, but the Fast Ball Eevee IS NOT legit. Moves? Legit. Poké Ball? Illegitimate, so it technically isn't legit. There's no need to have a go at Dangertrout like that (which was really rude, jeez), because Danger is actually the thread "owner", if you will. And past shiny threads were shut down, and nobody surely wants this to be shut down as a result of this? I certainly wouldn't. There's been plenty of mention of Pokémon in hacked balls that they wouldn't normally be able to be in.

Take your discussions elsewhere, I don't want this thread to be clamped down on.

Anyways, I'm at 2,394 SRs for Johto Starters now. I do hope it shinies before I go over the odds in terms of Pokémon seen - which is around about 2,731 SRs. Meanwhile, Spinarak is at a solid 5,542 REs. I am hoping that wants to be under the odds, but there's nothing in the way of preventing it going over. I'll have to deal with whatever I'm dealt with this hunt.

Good luck everyone, and congratulations to all the recent shinies :)