• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Null&VoidXIII

Shiny Hunter
After 93 eggs I got my shiny eevee! He's a timid nature with 4 iv's. It's atk and def are crap, but that isn't a big loss once I evolve him into jolteon since it can't take physical hits anyway. I think I'll try and go for a shiny beldum next. Good luck on all of your hunts and hopefully this next one I'm doing will be another fast one.

Shiny Lord

So have now hatched 300 cyndaquil, 300 turtwig, 300 chimchar and 300 Chespin. No shiny yet.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me. My hunts are at 2445 REs for my BQ in B2 and 17670 REs for my BQ in HG. I've also begun SRing for Piplup, but no numbers yet.

I did some hunting in HG today and I thought it was kinda funny that Mega Slowbro was revealed, since I'm hunting in the basement floor of Slowpoke well where you can find Slowbro. :D

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Scyther, Roseheart95 on your BQ, Terra Force on your SR, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Lunafloon on Sandile, RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, Keane on Cranidos, and Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz. Welcome back 2rsa, Ceecee-typhlosion, and Draknir(Congrats on the Nidoran).

Drakonekoshi

Hey everyone, been hunting for a shiny Grimer on Soul Silver for about a week or so, for like 10 hours everyday, so I'd say I'm around over 6000-7000 REs by now, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a painfully long hunt.

Congrats and good luck everyone!

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have now started my MM hunt for a competitive Eevee to evolve in Umbreon! I have only done 10 eggs so far, so naturally I still have tons left to do (unless I am lucky)! I aim to get a box or two done tonight, so wish me luck!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to everyone's recent shinies!

I spent all day in the same Dragon FS, searching for a shiny Sliggoo.
A minute ago, I came across yet ANOTHER shiny Dragonair. I caught it and checked its IVs.
It is a HA female with 31 IVs in HP, Special Defense, and Speed. Nice.

EDIT:

WOO.
Shiny Sliggoo.
It is male, has its hidden ability, and has 31 IVs in HP and Special Defense.

EDIT:

I have been hunting in a Fighting FS, searching for a Pancham.
I just came across a shiny Meditite in that FS.
It is Adamant with 31 IVs in Defense and Speed. Sounds pretty good.

EDIT:

A new day.

A have been continuing to hunt in that Fighting FS, still looking for a shiny Pancham.
I just came across a shiny Hariyama a minute ago.
It has 31 IVs in Special Attack and Special Defense.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I stayed up late last night in order to do more random encounters at Route 15. I did around 110 or so, which was quite a bit more than I did two days ago. Still no Shiny appearance though. Anyway, I also worked on hatching more Oddish eggs for my other hunt and I hatched 32 this morning. Good luck to everyone else.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Well I traded away my shiny slowbro competitive a while ago back and now im REALLY UPSET

Well anyway i have started to MM a bagon with double edge and hydro pump but am also mming a audino well im going too :)
Congrats To everyone on their recent shinies :)

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Well I traded away my shiny slowbro competitive a while ago back and now im REALLY UPSET

Well anyway i have started to MM a bagon with double edge and hydro pump but am also mming a audino well im going too :)
Congrats To everyone on their recent shinies :)

Bro... (no puns intended) That REALLY sucks. That timing...

On a side note, I put my shiny Munna project aside for now to MM a shiny Bunneary. Congrats and good luck to everyone else in their endeavors!

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
well got my SRs for the starters on soulsilver up to 2222 SRs and still no shiny but oh well, only 6666 starters seen so not over odds or anything but I still hope to find it soon

good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Pluski

I have now done 2600 RE's for my third BQ shiny, but no sparkles so far, which is to be expected as I still have a long way before reaching the odds. Also, getting my two first BQ shinies so fast makes me think this is going to be a really long hunt. I've also switched from hunting in the National Park to hunting on Route 35, hoping for Abra, Drowzee or female Nidoran, though everything except Ditto would be great.

I also found a shiny Pancham and Machoke in Pluski's FS. The Machoke is now a female Machamp named BillieBixby.

That's great! It's good to know that someone is finding shinies in my safari.

Good luck to everyone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Well, that was quick...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6586_zps971a3e44.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny slugma after only 27 REs. He's Sassy and mischievous, with his HA, Weak Armor. I've been going through the Battle Chateau and now he's a lvl 45 purple fire snail. Gonna stay in that safari and try for ponyta.

Regice has reached 5,600 SRs, still no sparkles yet but I was not expecting it to shine this early. I'm expecting Regice to be almost or at least as stubborn as That Damn Ledyba was. Eevee is up to 1,040 eggs and counting.

Anyone have any thoughts on a good nature for a shiny dive ball glaceon?

Last edited:

JohnNiles

Nice catch on the Slugma. I have a Ponyta/Slugma safari too from a non-Pokemon player, and I'd like to delete it and free up a slot, but I'm too lazy to catch a shiny there.

Shy

★★★★★
Shiny Vullaby

Back again with another shiny! I actually hatched her yesterday, but I'm now just getting around to posting.

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/ShyShinies/001_zps21220d0a.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

I kid you not, just before she hatched I thought 'What if I get a Shiny Vullaby? Would I be able to notice the difference?' I noticed her immediately, but didn't believe it at first. XD Now that I think about it the brown feathers and purple head is pretty hard to miss. I'm no longer keeping track of the number of eggs I hatch so I'm not sure on the exact numbers. I'm positive it was over 550 eggs, but under the odds.

Luxury Ball Impish Female Vullaby (Big Pecks): 31/31/31/31/31/x
EM: Foul Play, Knock Off, Steel Wing, Mean Look

She won't be my first Flawless 5IV/6IV MM Shiny unfortunately. I'm not too upset about her IV spread I suppose. Besides obviously missing Sp. Attack, Speed would have been my second choice.

Cyberra said:
Anyone have any thoughts on a good nature for a shiny dive ball Glaceon?

Glaceon only has a base speed of 65 so timid won't do her any good. Modest is unnecessary since she already has a high Sp. Attack (130). I'd personally go for either a bold or calm nature. (Calm preferably) Hope that helped.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post. No shiny new for me, just a quick update, I was hunting for sandshrew at the game corner but i decided to play the slots instead(for those of you who don't know I'm playing the Japanese version of soul silver :) ) and raise enough coins to go for a dratini instead( I believe I was around 400-500 soft resets for sandshrew) but I finally raised enough coins for dratini so I decided to hunt for that instead. I haven't played my X version lately due to hunting for my 4th badge quest in SS. Good luck to all those hunting. Especially Roseheart95 and Keane on his stubborn fossil(cranidos right, I can't seem to remember.) Hopefully something shines for everyone soon*throws shiny dust at everyone!*

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to Foxleaf on Zangoose, Farscape0031 on Hoppip, ashcrimson777 on Audino, Witherite on Woobat, Dangertrout on Vullaby, Null&VoidXIII on Eevee, oarfish on Dragonai, Sliggoo and Meditite, Cyberra on Slugma and Shy on Vullaby!

Thanks to Iwanuq for the luck :)

Just here to update my numbers again. I made it to 36,577 REs on Route 32, having hunted yesterday and a little this morning.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

Tagi

I havent posted in a while so I'll give a blanket congrats for all new shiny pokemon and a oodluck to all hunters.

I am 9 boxes in to a MM hunt for a shiny competative charizard.

I have never MMed before so I don't know how long it should take on average? After I'm done I will have a ton of IVed pokemon to wonder trade away ;)

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Congrats to all the new shiny owners. :)

I've gone on a hiatus for hunting Eevee, for two reasons.

1. Getting a few Pokemon I've wanted for a while and using them competitively.
2. Overall training and just regular laziness.

Anyway, I'm hatching a bunch of Shroomish cause I'm trying to get a Technician Breloom with Adamant as its nature. Maybe like Bagon a shiny will pop out.

EDIT: Well, I got the Breloom I wanted. Not shiny, but I could keep hunting for one.

Last edited: