• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Hi everyone, been a while since my last post.

First off all, congrats to everyone with their recent shinies!! And good luck with those (especially long) shiny hunts!

I finally bred my Impish Shiny Skarmory. Got 4 egg moves and the 5 perfect IVs.
It took me nearly 2000 eggs, and 8 shiny Skarmory before I got the correct one!
I am at 9500 SR for Ho-Oh, but still no sparkle... But since I SR while watching a movie or while listening to some music it doesn't bother me so much.
Next MM hunts will be a Treecko, Beldum, Electrike, Bagon, Spheal and Numel for my ORAS team

Also, good luck to Shinycharizard06, I hope you find you're Skarmory soon. And if you did in the meanwhile a big congrats!!

I still got 3 Imperfect 5IV Skarmorys for trade, PM me for negotiations ;)

The Ultimate

Return to Hoenn...

Drakonekoshi

A quick update on my shiny Grimer hunt, it's been going on for over 100 hours now, which if I guess, I'm at almost 10,000 encounters or over that by now, this is getting annoying..Hope I get it soon enough.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Well Congrasts To Everyone on Recent Shinies as awlays ;)

I have decided to a real out of place hunt, im going to hunt for a Shiny Moltres In Fire Red so 3rd gen. Ive always loved moltres and I love using it *mumbles stupid stealth rocks* anyway i have already done 200 SRs and thats it since i started late and im tired and got a sore throat xD.

*IZ*

I'm now at 89 hatched Espurrs. Still nothing.

Question for everyone: How do you guys hatch so many eggs in a short amount of time? I keep getting distracted by Pokemon-Amie, writing, or whatever else. I'm not losing motivation, I'm just getting distracted too easily and I'm being all 'tidy' when hunting by doing everything to keep track of the numbers of Espurrs I have when it doesn't matter all that much.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who got a shiny since I posted and good luck to those hunting!
Usually what I do is collect 300 eggs in one day and the next day hatch them all. To do so I go on Netflix and while I watch TV I put a dime on the circle pad and fly to the city where the Eiffel tower is at and just go on circle. If I have to go out in the middle of my hunt, I charge my 3DS because hatching 300 eggs drains up all the battery.

AD95

FINALLYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

after 600+ eggs a Shiny Feebas 5IVs, but the nature is bad though :(:( Bashful nature :(

The Ultimate

Return to Hoenn...
FINALLYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

after 600+ eggs a Shiny Feebas 5IVs, but the nature is bad though :(:( Bashful nature :(

congrats! I've just hatched a lovely cyndaquil and I'm starting a feebas project now but I'll do bold nature ��

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Draknir on Scraggy, Spoink, Eevee and Nidoran, Cyberra on Rufflet and Slugma (amazingly quick!) and Eevee, Foxeaf on Zangoose, Farscape001 on Hoppip, ashcrimson777 on Audino, Witherite on Woobat, Dangertrout on Vullaby, Null&VoidXIII on Eevee, oarfish on Dragonair, Sliggoo, Meditite and Hariyama, Shy on Vullaby, ValexHD on Shinx, tonyg44x on Mr.Mime, Caterpie, Pidgey, Fletchling, Weepingbell and Igglybuff, Uber_Fuller, on Pidgey, Schade on Golett, Absolutely Absol on Scatterbug, Hoppip and Roselia, Ampharos_Spark on Noibat, Scraggy and Mime Jr., *IZ* on Torchic, Quils on Totodile, eiger on Skarmory, The Ultimate on Cyndaquil (cute signature, glad you’re so happy <3 ) and AD95 on Feebas!

So last night I was doing some SRs before bed and a Shiny Cyndaquil popped up! I totally wasn’t expecting it at all. Only 821 SRs/2463s Pokemon seen!

[IMG139]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/yruahippo/cyndaquil1.jpg[/IMG139]

Still, I was planning on SRing for some more starters rather than starting a Badge Quest right away. I just love all the Johto starters so much and I don’t want to waste the chance to SR at triple odds (or third odds, depending on how you look at it). It was really difficult because it was just so cute and awesome and I wanted to go on an adventure right away but it does also have a bad nature and 3 IVs under 10….and I feel like if I do a BQ I’ll have less control over what other Pokemon I have so I should at least have a decent starter. So now it’s sitting safely in my shiny box in White.

[IMG139]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/yruahippo/cyndaquil2.jpg[/IMG139]

And I guess I’m gonna just carry on SRing. If I get a Chikorita I’ll probably almost certainly carry on and try for a Totodile or another Cyndaquil. If I get a Totodile I might just go straight for the BQ. If I get another Cyndaquil I’m not sure yet…

I also tried some more chaining on Route 8 but no luck there yet. And, I evolved my Umber into a shiny Pangoro. :)

On a side note, I'm intrigued to see what colour shiny Mega-Audino will be. At first it looked pretty white with not enough pink bits to have equivalent purple bits like it's non-mega sprite. Now, seeing the video, it actually has yellow bits! So maybe it'll look completely different to the non-mega Shiny Audino? I'm excited. :)

Good luck to everyone still hunting, especially Roseheart and the other long hunts - can’t be long now!

Last edited:

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
I've been horde-hunting, if that's the proper term, for shinies in Pokemon Village. No luck so far, though I don't know how long I've been at it. I started right after I got my desired Breloom, and that was around noon yesterday, so I suppose I've been at it since then with a break to sleep, obviously. I will edit this if I find a shiny though.

EDIT: THERE'S A FOONGUS AMOONGUS
tumblr_nab6r5l4aL1tus2bdo1_500.jpg
Sorry it's so small.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I've been slacking today... I said I was going to hatch a box or two of Eevee, but I honestly could not be bothered. I might try again (after some Animal Crossing: New Leaf), as I really want to get my competitive Shiny Umbreon!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Firstly, congratulations to everyone else on their new Shinies. Anyway, I awoke early again today in order to do more random encounters for Shinies at Route 15. I did around 70 which is a lame attempt, but I was being lazy today lol. I also worked on hatching more Oddish eggs for my MM hunt and I hatched 36 this morning, so that was progress.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me. I'm at 170 SRs for Piplup in Platinum and 3250 REs in X.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Scyther, Roseheart95 on your BQ, Keane on Cranidos, Lunafloon on Sandile, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, Terra Force on your SR, and Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz. Welcome to the thread The Ultimate, also congrats on Cyndaquil.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
BAM:

Shiny Totodile after 3,193 SRs!

I'm not actually too pleased as it was my third choice behind Chikorita and Cyndaquil, but it is a shiny that still looks very, very pretty :p

Alas, the nature is not as perfect as it was with my first shiny Totodile, which was Jolly. This one was:

Yep, Modest. Granted, not the best of natures, but I'm obviously using this little cutie! The nickname originates from its Korean and French names, but it sounds like a japanese name or something instead. So, I trained him up to Lv10 whilst working towards my next hunt, which I've decided will be in Dark Cave! I have three potential targets, but I seriously think Dunsparce is highly unlikely to appear shiny. Zubat may be my main target I think, but Geodude will also be just as useful against Bugsy. After this...I'll head to Route 32 for Wooper hopefully. Then I can have a nice team of Golbat / Feraligatr / Wooper before the 4th gym! I don't want to trade evolve Golbat because it looks nicer than Crobat, and Wooper is a dream shiny - so it won't be evolving.

Congrats on all of the latest shinies, in particular doodlecloud on Cyndaquil / Copper!

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
Ah so more people have received their shiny johto staters..well big congrats quils and aquaregisteel on their totodiles and doodlecloud on the cyndaquil!

I hope to receive mine soon and I'm really hoping its cyndaquil and not chikorita with totodile being number 2 but just getting the shiny would be great as I wish to do a Badqequest and would like to get somewhat into it before school starts. I'm at a little over 2300 SRs currently and plan on getting maybe 200 or more done today

good luck to everyone still hunting

Also congrats Eiger on your skarmory and thank You very much however mine is on hold for the time being and is to be continued after this hunt.

EDIT: unfortunately ending tonight at about 2600 SRs (can't be completely sure as my calculator got reset so I had to estimate where I left off before I started again a little while ago). 7800 starters seen...looks like this will most likely go over odds. oh well still yet to see

Last edited:

Blackkyurem

Congrads to: Everyone! I don't have the time to make a list ATM

Alrighty, so I have decided some things about shiny hunting that I wanted to share:
I will be continuing this BQ, thank god for Heartgold! I will continue to look for it though. Also, I am planning on MMing a Treecko(Dream Shiny) so if anyone has any 5/6iv Treeckos
that happen to be not from America, Vm me! Also, I think I might horde hunt, since I've never tried it.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I cannot believe it.

A shiny Geodude just appeared after 335 REs.

I can't even believe my luck right now.

I'll update later...I'm in shock. My first ever 2 in one day.

Carcara

Congratulations for everyone who got a new shiny!(I don't have the time to give individual congrats.Maybe next time)
No news for me on the last few days. I didn't have much time to hatch eggs since i am also trying to beat the Black 2 game my friend lent me(almost at Victory Road). I didn't get my scyther after 200 eggs,but since my last shiny took almost 2000, i'm nowhere near giving up. I'm going to send the failed attemps to Wonder Trade as soon as I get an Internet connection on my 3DS, got 2 boxes full of 4 IV ones, and I'm farming Metal Coats for the 5 IV ones. Anyway, good luck for everyone!

Tagi

Congrats to everyone since my last post! I am at 455 eggs (15ish boxes and a bit?) and no shiny charmander yet. If it gets past 23 boxes dunno what I will do. Since im breeding for a competative charizard X, I'm wondering if I should continue on for Charizard Y afterwards. Maybe I'll be sick of charmander by then though.