• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Witherite on Woobat, Shy on Vullaby, ValexHD on Shinx, tonyg44x on Mr.Mime and Caterpie and Pidgey and Weepinbell and Igglybuff, Schade on Golett, Absolutly Absol on Scatterbug and Hoppip and Roselia and Tyrunt, Ampharos_Spark on Noibat, Scraggy and Mime Jr., *IZ* on Torchic, Quils on Totodile, eiger on Skarmory and Bellsprout, The Ultimate on Cyndaquil and Cottonee, AD95 on Feebas, doodlecloud on Cyndaquil, AquaRegisteel on Totodile and Geodude and Slowpoke (And welcome back, I know it's late but I've been away too ^^), Sparky Mc-S on Trapnich, Kyle Clarthy on Cresselia, AmazingChi on Makuhita, Dangertrout on Shellos, Winter on Noibat, Psynergy on Sigilyph, IceManC876 on Cyndaquil, Shiny Aiden on Sigilyph and anyone else I might have missed! ^_^

I'm here with shiny news, But their not the ones I mentioned hunting in my last post. XD
I was a little bit tiered of SRing and decided to MM for a while and these to cuties shone for me ^^:
Snivy (Egg #81) : http://s28.postimg.org/5aawg3dal/IMG_1680.jpg
Fennekin (Egg #122) : http://s28.postimg.org/mtyvy1hql/IMG_1682.jpg
I don't know what to nickname them yet. I'm planning on not evolving the Fennekin since it's too cute. The Snivy will be a majestic Serperior. ^_^
I'll still hunt for my Snivy o my W2 version though. I want to start a BQ with Snivy since it is one of my favorite starter Pokemons.

Good luck shiny hunters!! ^_^

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Hello all, been awhile since I've posted/hunted. And I do come back with news...egg 2,493 finally hatched a shiny Honedge! I can finally move on to Houndour. It got 31/31/31/x/31/0, so happy about that. It would take me a few posts to give everyone an individual grats, so grats and good luck to all!

And 16 eggs later this little lady hatched...was hoping for flash fire, but stoked about the ease of this shiny Houndour. Can't wait to see shiny mega Houndoom.

Last edited:

Carcara

Just filled the 2nd box of scyther, but i feel like should do another one, I don't feel very lucky right now. I've also finished the Black 2 game my friend lent me, and i regret not SR some legends, especially Cobalion. That's one of my new favorite pokemon, basically defeated Iris alone, just having problems with the Hydreigon.

hey I know I've been gone a while but since then I've gotten two of my shiny pokemon for my all pink shiny team, both 4 iv with neutral natures.... omastar and sentret(gonna go train it after I post this)
good luck to everyone and congrats to everyone whose gotten a shiny

Ketaru

shinyflygon.JPG

My shiny Trapinch was born while watching the first season of Sailor Moon again. Right at the end of the episode where Makoto is introduced. So I named her after the Japanese name for Jupiter.

EDIT: Photo, Y U NO ORIENTED PROPERLY?!

racky54

SAM_1323.jpg

Caught this in the Friend Safari a few days ago and forgot to post it. Community Hunt complete!

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Good things do come in 3s I guess...136 eggs into Mawile hunt and she shone! Another shiny mega evolver crossed off. Going for a common shiny but in an uncommon way. That's right...I'm gonna breed a commonly chain-fished poke, Clauncher!

The desert spirit

Dragon Empress
Just started shiny hunting recently, I'm currently MMing for a shiny Feebas. On a more unfortunate note I was nuzlocking in HG and randomly found a shiny Girafarig, only to find out I hadn't stocked up on pokeballs

ohjeezitskim

Collecting 90 eggs right now, and then going to hatch them once it's midnight
(it'll be my birthday and I think it's about time I have a birthday shiny after two years of shiny hunting!)

If no shiny char hatches, I'm going to collect more tomorrow before the concert and hatch them on the way!
It's a two hour ride so I'm bound to get a lot done :p Just might get a headache from staring at a screen
while in a car x3

congrats and good luck :3

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Last night I ended up hatching a shiny Scatterbug after 1,025 eggs! She's Timid with Compound Eyes and has 4 IVs, missing Sp. Attack unfortunately. Still a great shiny though, so I'm really happy to have it!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/ScatterbugHatched_zpsd4cabb19.jpg[/IMG139]

The only hunt I'm working on right now is my Chimchar hunt, and it's at 6,300 SRs. It's starting to drag a little bit, but I will definitely stick with it.

Congrats on the shinies and good luck on all of your hunts!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Scherzando on Sewaddle, 2rsa on Snivy and Fennekin, darthmalice777 on Honedge and Houndour, maskofsanity1998 on Omastar and Sentret, Ketaru on Trapinch, darthmalice777 on Mawile, pokemaster13 on Scatterbug, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry to hear about the Girafarig, The desert spirit =\

Thank you, Shadowkrow :)

And happy birthday, ohjeezitskim!

-----------

Got distracted at the Battle Frontier on HG again…Since I always try to train my pokemon up on their own, and since I’m hunting Magikarp who sort of has some difficulties with that, I decided to just go ahead and start getting the BP I’ll likely need to tutor it bounce, especially if I don’t find one that already knows Tackle. So I only did 100 REs today, but there was also a Slowpoke swarm on Black 2 today that would have been annoying anyways. I want to find some shiny Slowpokes on HG, so it’d be a bit annoying to find it on Black 2 instead (still good though if it appeared, I guess).

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Roseheart95, Keane, RaichuArcanine, Storm_Dragoon, Misjie, Flyingflygon13, and Lunafloon)!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to Oarfish on the Hariyama (though sorry about your lost shinies), 2rsa on Snivy and Fennekin, darthmalice777 on Honedge, Houndour and Mawile, maskofsanity1998 on Omastar and Sentret, Ketaru on Trapinch, racky54 on Dunsparce and pokemaster13 on Scatterbug!

Sorry to hear about that Girafarig, The desert spirit.

Thanks to Shadowkrow and Cpchris for the luck!

And happy birthday, ohjeezitskim :D

Not much to say - I'm at 37,667 REs on Route 32, so I'm wondering if I'll end up hitting 40,000.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Just for the heck of it, I went over to Shalour City to try and chain fish, hoping to get a chinchou. Incredibly enough, I managed to keep the chain going for 120 casts, and on the 120th cast this appeared...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6605_zps27439139.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny remoraid. I'm not going to evolve it, because I find shiny octillery hideous. If I catch another one in my quest for chinchou, I'll evolve that and then immediately wonder trade it.

Regice is still at 6,400 SRs... I didn't get any done this weekend due to being drafted for every stupid errand my parents can think of >.<

Tynamo is at 467 eggs and counting.

I really should not attempt to chain fish when I'm this tired... It means a lot of potential broken chains. But this once I managed to pull it off, and after only 37 casts on route 14...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6607_zps005adf72.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny barboach. She's named for the namazu of Japanese legend, a giant catfish that causes earthquakes. I'll be evolving her into a whiscash after I've gotten some sleep.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I just chained a shiny Golett, not for me but for my brother (since Golurk is his favourite Pokemon).

This is one badass shiny Golett, though. I caught him in a Dive Ball and called him StrikrEureka since my brother also really likes Pacific Rim. He has an Impish nature and Iron Fist (which are both good), as well as 'relatively superior potential' and THREE perfect IVs (Speed, Defence and Special Attack... Okay, not the best stats, but still). Will trade it to him in a sec. ^_^

Good luck and congratulations to everyone as always!

Drakonekoshi

I decided to get into bed since I was tired, but I was still eager to get my shiny Grimer, i got under my sheets, turned my volume up and did some random encounters, i said that I would go to bed as soon as the clock hit 447 hours, but then, I saw a Grimer appear, but it looks VERY vibrant and green, BAM, SHINY GRIMER, finally after over 160 hours it has shone! I'm SOOOO happy right now guys omg T-T.

HNI_0065.JPG

I just can't believe this aaaaaaaAAAA~

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting!

I gave up on my hunt for more Eevees after another shiny Audino and a shiny Aipom. I recently added a dark type friend safari that had two targets off mine. Saturday, I found them both: Shiny Sneasel and Shiny Vullaby. While EV training Sneasel, I found a shiny Stunky in a horde.

Last night, my White 2 game finally produced a shiny. After approx. 12,000 REs shiny Litwick appeared in the Odd House. It has decent overall potential and dreadful IVs. But it's still awesome. I was afraid it would use Memento and didn't want to lose it after such a long hunt, so I chucked a Master Ball.

I am back to hunting Roselia on White 2 (I took a break and hunted at the Odd House just for a change of pace). I am also MM hunting Snivy on Y; hatching eggs while hunting in various FS.

ohjeezitskim

Thank you for the happy birthdays Cpchris and Roseheart95 :)
22 is kinda lame however... 21 is the last birthday people care about xD

Was up to 2am hatching the eggs, and got to my last 5... thought I had a box more and I didn't!
I was kinda upset xD I'm up early however, so I'm going to get to collecting in a few and watch
some Syndicate! I don't know if I want to get as many as I can and hatch on the car ride...
Or stick too 120-150 and hatch when I finish.

here's hoping he/she will shine in this batch <3 (I know it's an early MM - but I have ONE DAY xD)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I decided to get into bed since I was tired, but I was still eager to get my shiny Grimer, i got under my sheets, turned my volume up and did some random encounters, i said that I would go to bed as soon as the clock hit 447 hours, but then, I saw a Grimer appear, but it looks VERY vibrant and green, BAM, SHINY GRIMER, finally after over 160 hours it has shone! I'm SOOOO happy right now guys omg T-T.

View attachment 13292

I just can't believe this aaaaaaaAAAA~

YUSSSSSSSSSSS CONGRATS! You totally deserve that Grimer after all the effort you've put into it, you best treasure your little Flubber :p

Thank you for the happy birthdays Cpchris and Roseheart95 :)
22 is kinda lame however... 21 is the last birthday people care about xD

Was up to 2am hatching the eggs, and got to my last 5... thought I had a box more and I didn't!
I was kinda upset xD I'm up early however, so I'm going to get to collecting in a few and watch
some Syndicate! I don't know if I want to get as many as I can and hatch on the car ride...
Or stick too 120-150 and hatch when I finish.

here's hoping he/she will shine in this batch <3 (I know it's an early MM - but I have ONE DAY xD)

Happy birthday! Actually people do kinda care about 30th / 40th / 50th birthdays, so you've got some to look forward to I suppose :) Good luck with your hunt and here's hoping you get a birthday shiny!

I'm at 170 SRs for Sudowoodo now, as I decided against Sandshrew - mainly because it takes a lot of attention, which I can't give if it is beside a laptop! I don't know if this will be an early shiny like my last two were, but hey, if it shines before results day that'll be amazing.

Congrats on all the recent shinies, and good luck to markasdarkas, cocoadragon, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Roseheart95, Keane, RaichuArcanine, Storm_Dragoon, Misjie, Flyingflygon13, and Lunafloon!

Blasting Toise

My next Masuda method in White 2 was success before 100 eggs! Shiny Staryu appeared before 3rd box was even filled. It also had Natural Cure and better than average IV:s with fantastic speed stat :)

So much better that I even expected. And so soon I was really surprised.

Congrats on all other shinies to everyone and good luck in shiny hunts.

KhantheSpark

Just hit my second Shiny in Y. Could not believe this hit in a RE but Shiny Sliggoo!