• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Congatulations to everyone with their recent shinies, and good luck to those hunting!

I decided my next MM hunt will be a Perfect 5IV Adamant Beldum. I am a little bit worried that the huge amount of steps needed to hatch an egg will wear me down, but at least I don't need to worry about gender & ability.
I'm gonna work with 5 boxes at a time. This will be my first shiny in preperation for the ORAS games. Now I just hope pokemon bank will be available early ingame :D

On SS Ho-Oh still deludes me after 10000 SR. But I am patient

May the sparkle be with you!

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to: *IZ* on Torchic, Quils on Totodile and Bellsprout, Cyberra on Eevee and Slugma and Butterfree and Remoraid, eiger on Skarmory, The Ultimate on Cyndaquil and Cottonee, AD95 on Feebas, doodlecloud on Cyndaquil, The Majestic Mr L on Foongus, AquaRegisteel on Totodile and Geodude and Slowpoke, Sparky Mc-S on Trapinch, Shiny Lord on Eevee, Dangertrout on Forretress and Shellos, jrmftw on Sawsbuck and Dragonair, Kyle Clarthy on Cresselia, Scrufox86 on Gabite and Magcargo and Boldore 2, Absolutely Absol on Tyrunt, AmazingChi on Makuhita, Psynergy on Sigilyph, IceManC86 on Cyndaquil and Sneasel, Winter02 on Noibat, Shiny Aiden on Sigilyph, Scherzando on Sewaddle, oarfish on Hariyama (too bad about the second one and Meditite though), 2rsa on Snivy and Feneekin, darthmalice777 on Honedge and Houndour and Mawile, Ketaru on Trapinch, racky54 on Dunsparce, pokemaster13 on scatterbug, Chibi Muffin on Golett, Drakonekoshi on Grimer (at long last!), Maldoror on Sneasel and Vullaby and Stunky and Litwick, Blasting Toise on Staryu, KhantheSpark on Sliggoo and congrats to anyone I missed since my last post.

Also happy birthday ohjeezitskim! Your birthday is the day after mine.

Anyway, due to all of the recent Badge Quests that have been started and the sudden surge of Johto starters, I felt motivated to continue SRing for a shiny Johto starter on my Soul Silver. So I got a new ID in my game and began SRing this morning. I was watching some shiny videos on YouTube and was just about to stop so I could get ready to go to the grocery store and Gamestop to pick up my Pinsirite when my SoulSilver said "NOPE!"
[img139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0495_zps749ce8ab.jpg[/img139]
An adorable shiny Cyndaquil after 69 SRs on the new file! This is my second shiny Cyndaquil from SRing in HGSS and he doesn't look much better than his sister in terms of IVs and Nature. She was Hardy and I don't remember her IVs. I'll just have to check them both later. Also I failed in getting a birthday shiny yesterday but at least I got one today! Maybe next year I'll get a birthday shiny. I'm not sure if I'll be doing a Badge Quest or SR for another Johto starter or just play through the game yet. More pictures: Shiny Cyndaquil, Summary, OT/ID, Stats, Video.

Edit: IVs: 29/14/3/15/14/8 Hidden Power: Bug. Turns out he does have some better IVs than my first Cyndaquil who has these for her IVs: 1/26/6/9/12/1 Hidden Power: Bug. Wut. I didn't notice that they had the same Hidden Power Type... cool. I'm still not sure if I should attempt a Badge Quest.

Last edited:

ValexHD

Shiny Chainer
Decided to chain a bit for fun when I was at my cottage, and picked myself up 2 shiny Magnetons! They look pretty cool :D

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
I guess I'm on a hot streak...48 eggs in and here's shiny Clauncher! Modest with IVs of 31/x/31/31/31/x, so he missed the perfect speed. Oh well, wanted a shiny Clauncher since the first time I saw one. Good luck and congrats all!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This morning after taking a day off, I continued my Y version RE hunt and I did around 110 more encounters, which was a decent attempt for now imo. I also worked on hatching more Oddish eggs for my Platinum MM hunt and I hatched 32 and stored more eggs to hatch later. Btw, congrats on the recent new Shinies everyone.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted (again), so firstly I'd like to say congratulations to everyone who's gotten a shiny in the last week or so! A special congrats goes to AquaRegisteel on Totodile, Geodude and Slowpoke!! What is this, must be the luck of the century!, Drakenoshi on Grimer (glad you got it finally!), maskofsanity1998 on your double addition to your pink team, and Dangertrout on Shellos! It seems like a quick hunt since you got # 3, nice one! I remember when you still only had Crobat, and I always look forward to updates seeing what you get next :)

RaichuArcanine, sorry to hear about that rattata, but that's still an awesome find! I'm playing Crystal now on my pc while hatching eggs, and I'm dreaming to encounter a shiny in a Gen II game sometime :)

Glad to hear your surgery went well, Chaotic Inverse, hope the recovery is smooth too.

I haven't been hunting a whole lot lately, but I went to Oslo on the week-end which was great, and I got 200 REs in for route 35 on the bus, which isn't amazing but better than nothing! That hunt is currently standing at 1,720 REs. I said earlier I'd switch between that route, Sudowoodo and dratini for # 4, but I think I'll stay on this route, I'm getting excited for something to shine there.

Right now though I am working more avidly on my golden team hunt, where only Swablu remains! I'm looking forward to going through Y with them, and now that I can see that happening soonish I'm collecting and hatching as quickly as I can! Hatched around 90 eggs today and almost done collecting another 150. I'm currently at 325 hatched, so should be at 450 soon! How I do it these days is I collect five eggs and store them top horizontal to the left in a box, then gather five and hatch using hatch power 3, which I then store to the right vertical. That means my hatch power can fully charge for each box so I only have to hatch 25 eggs per box in one go, and it's easier for me to keep track of which eggs are closer and further from hatching so they can all hatch simultaneously.

So I've been looking for legit copies of Ruby and Sapphire for future starter SR hunts and potential badge quests. I find a seller and get into contact with him, he seems reliable and says the games are legit. They turn up, and fortunately Sapphire is perfectly legit and nice, but Ruby is an obvious fake. I tell him this and demand to send it back for a refund, but then he says he didn't know it was fake and it was my own fault for not checking the pictures well enough (which were in no way good enough to spot a fake from an original) and that he can't take it back because he can't afford it!?! I've been trying to tell him off a bit politely and saying he's basically frauding me, and that it's his fault for not checking if it was fake if he didn't know before promising me it was legit, but currently he's just trying to just ignore me. This level of unprofessionalness really ticks me off! Don't quite know what to do about it as it's really annoying paying for something I don't need at all.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on their hunts! Especially Roseheart95 on route 32, the day that you find a shiny there will be a good one! Also Keane on Cranidos and everyone else with long and difficult hunts!

EDIT: Shiny Swablu! Only ten minutes after writing this post! First five eggs in this batch of 150! I'll make a proper post tomorrow summarizing this hunt for five golden pokes tomorow when I've got time. First I'll have to get through a full day of work.. Happy hunting! :D

Last edited:

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to darthmalice777 on Honedge & Houndour & Mawile & Clauncher, maskofsanity1998 on Omastar & Sentret, Ketaru on Trapinch ( I just finished Sailor moon Super S. I love that anime. So many good childhood memories! ^^), racky54 on Dunsparce, pokemaster13 on Scatterbug, Cyberra on Remoraid & Barboach ( Love Barboach's NN), Chibi_Muffin on Golett, Drakonekoshi on Grimer, maldoror on Sneasel & Vullaby & Stunky & Litwick, Blasting Toise on Staryu, KhantheSpark on Sliggoo, Ampharos_Spark on Cyndaquil, ValexHD on the Magnetons and anyone else I might have missed!! ^^

The desert spirit, I hope you'd get shiny Feebas soon and be able to reclaim that shiny Girafarig. ^^

ohjeezitskim, Happy birthday! I hope you'll get your BDshiny. I tried every year since I started hunting, But unfortunately I didn't get any BDshiny. XD

Thanks for the congratulations guys! ^^
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I did some resets for Cranidos today. I'll try to get this hunt done and then concentrate on my BQ. Good luck on your hunts everyone!! ^w^

Last edited:

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
So it's been a while since I last posted, partly because my hunt for Phantump has not yet born any fruit... but when I went on vacation last month I took my X with me and decided to pause the hunt and do some random chain fishing.

I fished up a shiny Clawitzer, Goldeen, Carvanha and Basculin to add to my collection!

I also acquired a couple new safaris and decided to check them out and ran into two new Friend Safari shinies! Emolga and Gabite joined my collection the same week as the fishies.

And last but not least, while finishing up the story on my Y version so I could get the last spots for the safaris on my other 3DS systems in the house, I ran into a shiny Gothorita as the second encounter in Pokemon Village!

I'll be getting come pics up soon or at least updating my shiny card in the next day or so, but I was just so excited to post something, lol.

On the subject of my Phantump hunt, I've now hatched about 1200 eggs with no luck. I started off just using the Masuda Method, but at around the 650 mark I acquired the shiny charm, so even with resetting the number there I believe I'm still a little bit over the odds. I just want this little bugger to hatch already so I can have my shiny Groot and start breeding for a Scyther. (Shiny Mega Scizor looks so nice omg)

congrats on all the recent shinies everyone! Keep up the diligent work!

EDIT- Oh, and I know it's not really me catching them or anything but last week I got TWO shiny Treecko over wonder trade. Different natures and OTs and everything so I know there's not some crazy cloning spree going on or anything, but it was just nuts. Two nights in a row I got one and I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Spent a day fishing...
1 poliwag, 4 poliwhirl, 2 clamperl, 1 corsola and 1 blue-striped basculin :p
I feel like I'm forgetting one.....
At any rate, so many shiny fishies!!

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
well i don't know if I'll do anymore today but I got my SRs up to 3700. 11,100 starters seen..and as far as I know nothing. I am worried however that one showed up when I wasn't paying as much attention because I've started to zone out a little with how long this has had to go on and I also accidentally grabbed a chikorita so I'm hoping there was no shiny when I couldn't see the others. I'm hoping for the best but I just really want to get that starter already.

good luck to everybody else

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Welp. Back so soon! Congratulations on all the shinies, people! :)

So, moved onto Trapinch, managed to acquire not one but TWO 6IV Trapinch in my second set of five eggs (from a 3IV parent and a 6IV ditto), and so began collecting yesterday. First 90 (to take to total 100) and nowt. Collected another 100 which I finished hatching this morning.

Egg#160 - bluey black trapinch! Female, 5IV (obviously - two 6IV parents!) missing Def, Arena Trap ability (incidentally, only one egg later than the last hunt!)

Okay, I'll hatch the rest and bam! Egg #184, another one! Male, missing HP. Arena Trap too. I mean, 2 within 200, with two 6IV parents and neither are missing Sp. Atk, a bit cruel :p. Still, haven't checked what the stat is for either of the missing ones so might not be too bad.

Anywho, onto the next one, I think I'll go for Spheal/Walrein. [I did check my Ruby Hall of Fame and I was right - Hariyama, Flygon, Walrein, Swampert, Salamence and Groudon - will swap Groudon for Camerupt though, as I think that's what it replaced but I have no way of being sure]

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Hello everyone! I am new to Serebii, and I'm currently looking for Cobalion and Rayquaza. I regret not counting a little, but if I had to guess, I'm at 28,000+ resets for Cobalion and 600+ run aways for Rayquaza. I'd like to figure out an easy way to create a chart or list of my shinies, but when you have over 50, that isn't easy!

Kyle Clarthy

Hiya, hunters!

Thanks to: Mutant Mesprit
The Majestic Mr L
Cpchris
AquaRegisteel
Crimson Penguin
2rsa
Ampharos_Spark
Congrats to:
Cyberra
The Ultimate
Scrufox86
Absolutely Absol
Amazing Chi
Dangertrout
Psynergy
Quils
ChaoticInverse
IceManC86
Winter02
AquaRegisteel
Shiny Aiden
Scherzando
Oarfish
2rsa
Darthmalice777
Ketaru
Racky54
Pokemaster13
Chibi Muffin
Drakonekoshi
Maldoror
Blasting Toise
KhantheSpark
Amphoros_Spark
ValexHD
Solfatara
EmeraldPhoenix
AmazingChi
Phew! I think that was everyone and I hope everyone’s names were correct. Attack me if not!
Also, happy birthday to ohjeezitskim! And … Ampharos_Spark? 

I EV trained Demilune and started my next hunt. After a day, I decided I’d have more luck if I introduced another DS, so I was triple hunting, REing on different games.
My main hunt is on the middle screen but I could feel it in me bones that if something did shine, it would appear on one of the other games. My hunch was right.
At around 12:30 last night, I was about to call it a day when I glanced down at my left most screen and saw this appear!!!

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0425.jpg?t=1408403617[/img139]

I started hunting on this game on Sunday! Pretty awesome! She was one of my “targets”, not my main target, like I said, but I was hunting on this route because I would be happy with pretty much anything that shone there.
The battle lasted a while because I had to keep on putting her to sleep and I didn’t want to harm her as I wasn’t sure if she had any sort of self-damaging move. The first ball I threw was a critical capture, but it broke out … typical!

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0426.jpg?t=1408403617[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0431.jpg?t=1408403615[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0427.jpg?t=1408403617[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0429.jpg?t=1408403617[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0432.jpg?t=1408403615[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0433.jpg?t=1408403620[/img139]

I have just finished training her up and I’m about to start hunting again. I wonder how many shiny Pokemon I will find on the other games before my main target game decides to shine.
Her current name is Roxy. I have so many nice names for a male, but a female Tyranitar is kind of difficult for me to nickname. A lot of rocks and soils either sound too weird or masculine.
Good luck to everyone hunting! Fingers crossed for you. Thanks for reading, guys.

Mr. Shinx

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted, since then I've finished my Y BQ and FireRed BQ. I've even started making live shiny videos for my YouTube channel. It's MrShinx3 if anyone's interested. It's got most of my FireRed BQ on it, all live.

Plus, I got a Shiny Amaura the other day!! 563 Sail Fossils restored!! Such a quick hunt!! :-D the video of that is up too.

I came on here to try and find some extra sail fossils and a few hours later I was uploading a Shiny Amaura video!! Crazy!!

Has anyone got any shiny targets for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I'm planning on doing an OR BQ for my channel. Starting with Treecko :-D

Congrats on all latest shinies, and good luck to everyone on your current hunts xD

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Has anyone got any shiny targets for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?
Well, it wasn't quite a target, but as some of you may know, I did get a random shiny Bagon when I was actually breeding for a good one for my Mega Salalmence. So, I guess i'll have that to look forward to.

Anyway, I'm thinking I might reboot my Eevee hunt. I hope it will hatch pretty quickly. Unlike before where I hatched over 400 eggs and no shiny!

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Hello everyone! I am new to Serebii, and I'm currently looking for Cobalion and Rayquaza. I regret not counting a little, but if I had to guess, I'm at 28,000+ resets for Cobalion and 600+ run aways for Rayquaza. I'd like to figure out an easy way to create a chart or list of my shinies, but when you have over 50, that isn't easy!

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter Community. Hope you have good luck on all of your hunts.
---------------------------------------------------

Welp, I decided to restart my Crystal Version again in order to get an ID of my liking. 10107 rolled around and I decided to keep it. Hoping that the Chikorita decides to shine soon so I have a chance of completing this BQ before OR/AS come out. But hey, who knows :b.

Congrats on all the recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting. Especially Lorde and shinycharizard06.

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hey all, congrats to all the new shinies, especially AquaRegisteel on your extremely fast shiny hunts, and Dangertrout on getting Shellos.

Well I've been having a rough few days, my Betta fish Zora died 12 hours after I noticed he was sick(I know he was just a fish, but he was my pet and the ONLY pet I'm allowed to keep due to allergies!) and I've been dealing with some sickness/real life issues. I've been shiny hunting to get my mind off of it, but I wasn't having much luck with it. Mandibuzz hit 40600 SRs, which is driving me bonkers, and I've been slowly getting back to a few of my older hunts as well.

I was using my White 2 game to get either a shiny Patrat or a male Pidove on route 20. Previous attempts netted me a shiny female Pidove(why :() and a shiny Sewaddle, so I was hoping to get the shiny I wanted and I did:

This lovely shiny Patrat appeared less than 20 minutes after turning my DS back on! Battle was quite easy, after putting it to sleep and killing the Sewaddle, only one Luxury Ball snagged it!

More pics:

Shiny Patrat
Modest nature

Of course it would get a useless nature, but I'm happy that I got the shiny I wanted. I'm not sure what my next hunt will be on this game, if I do hunt with it, but it will probably be Route 6. I'm going to most likely focus on trying to get that darn shiny Mandibuzz though. I will not let this shiny beat me, I WILL get it to shine.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Omg congrats on all your beautiful shinies lately especially AquaRegisteel and Kyle Clarthy you guys have some insane luck!

Lol I'm back with the same news as always another 600 SRs for the Sinnoh Starter aka Chimchar. Lol bringing me to a beautiful 6,600 SRs for Chimchar hoping to get it under odds I also reached another milestone in this hunt. I've been single hunting this in Platinum for an entire month. I don't mind long hunts but school is coming up and I can barely 200 SRs for this a day during summer. Imagine when school comes back around well it really does make me happy when you guys get shiny it makes me feel like there is still hope lol. Anyway I'm going to do a few more SRs before I go to bed. Good Luck everyone especially those with long hunts and to all the badge questers.

Kyle Clarthy

Congrats to Mr Shinx and Storm and Kurry!

I cannot believe this!

I finished posting my previous post here and got back to hunting, but I didn't really feel like it was a good idea to hunt in the same place and risk getting another Pupitar. So, I went to a few different routes and searched them to see what Pokémon appear there. It was at the fourth route that I was searching through that I decided to maybe switch my games. So, I decided to switch for original Black and White and hunt where I was hunting a long time ago: Route 12.

You see, I have hunted here previously trying to get either Combee, Dunsparce, Kakuna, Heracross, Sunkern, Cherrim - ANYTHING but Tranquill and Rapidash. I don't mind, I really don't ... I don't mind what I get, I'd settle for a shiny MALE Combee, just as long as I don't get a shiny Tranquill or Rapidash. I have REed a long time ago and found a male shiny Pidove and a shiny Ponyta at Mt Silver for those of you who don't remember and then I went to Route 12 a while after that, and I found a shiny Rapidash after a few REs AND a shiny Tranquill. At least it was a female Tranquill.

ANYWAY, no joke, but after expressing to no one in particular that I hope I don't get another one of these two Pokémon, this appeared about five minutes later:

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0435.jpg?t=1408414876[/img139]

My poor Watchog and Darkrai had just encountered an awful duo consisting of a Rapidash and a Dunsparce a few REs earlier who proceeded to beat them up, hence the half dead team. They couldn't flee!

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0438.jpg?t=1408414877[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0437.jpg?t=1408414877[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0436.jpg?t=1408414877[/img139]

I can't stop smiling! Talk about insane ... but Flitts must be snickering to himself, too. Okay, I think I'm going to keep on hunting here to just get something, anything that isn't a bird or a horse. Or should I use reverse psychology? Oh, I soooo, like, want a shiny Rapidash and a shiny Tranquill!!!! It would be totes amazing! *ahem*

Let's see what happens ...

Edit: Thanks, Cocoa! Appreciate it! Anyway, good luck with that Chimchar. Hang in there.

Last edited: