• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

maldoror

Last night while training my Excadrill, a shiny Weepinbell appeared. And just now, in the FS, shiny Eevee! It has perfect attack, HP and speed IVs, so it will be a Leafeon once evolved. Now to find those last three Eevees (for Jolteon, Vaporeon and Espeon).

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck to those hunting!

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Hi there =D I'm new to the forums and the shiny thread

I've currently got three shinies I found in the friend safari - Munna, Xatu and Kecleon

I'm working on MM for shiny Cyndaquil - hatched 21 eggs before my painfully short attention span demanded I do something else - and chaining for a shiny male Burmy. However I can't seem to get the chain longer than five... I shall keep persisting!

Congrats to all on their shinies!

SlightlyWinged

Training for ORAS
I'll just give everyone who reads this a short 'congrats!', since if I tried to congratulate everyone on the thread, it'd probably take hours.

So, congrats on everyone on their shinies!

I finally exchanged Friend Codes with someone who has Audino in thiers. I've been hunting at every opportunity, but so far nothing has shined. I wonder if I ran out my luck at the Friend Safari when I caught that shiny Charmeleon a few months ago. :p

Dangertrout

Spent a day fishing...
1 poliwag, 4 poliwhirl, 2 clamperl, 1 corsola and 1 blue-striped basculin :p
I feel like I'm forgetting one.....
At any rate, so many shiny fishies!!

Barboach!! I forgot Barboach!
That has been driving me crazy for days.
Sure, I could have just looked in my shiny box, but I was busy hunting.
Speaking of which, Shiny Zubat, Whismur and Wingull from hordes over the last couple days. :p

I've filled 6 boxes with shinies, this is getting ridiculous.
Fortunately, there is an anime convention this weekend.
It will have a lounge area in the video game room.
Surely, I can find people there to trade with and offload a bunch of these shinies, right? ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So again this morning, I did more work on my Y version random encounter Shiny hunt, but I only did around 80 encounters due to distractions; I've done around 1,400 REs in total thus far. I also spent time hatching Oddish eggs for my Platinum MM hunt and I hatched about 25 and stored a few more eggs to hatch later tonight.

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Last edited:

AD95

again, congrats everyone with their shiny's

encountered my first wild shiny in X today. Shiny gulpin level 5 while Horde EV training

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me. My hunts are at 1345 SRs(4035 seen) in SS and 545 SRs in Platinum.

@kirkeastmen I'm doing Cyndaquil>Totodile>Chikorita for my SR hunt, and hoping Cyndaquil is the one that shines. I wouldn't mind if any of the others shine, since this is my first real try for one of them.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially TheMaster327 and Roseheart95 on your BQs, Cpchris on Scyther, Terra Force on your SR, RaichuArcanine on Chimchar, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Keane on Cranidos, Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz, and Lunafloon on Sandile. Welcome to the thread DeliriousAbsol.

Scrufox86

Um I cannot remember but I think I have already said three of the 7 shinies I have now acquired from this friend safari. So I believe the next four are three more shiny Magcargo and another shiny Boldore so I have 4 shiny Magcaro and 3 shiny Boldore in total from this safari and still I have no shiny Rhydon lol this game is trolling me so bad. Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
congrats on all shinies since my last post.

I on the other hand have reached 4000 SRs, 12,000 starters seen, and so far no shiny johto starter that I know of and am hoping I haven't missed one and want one to show up soon as this is getting annoying and longer than I hoped it would take but nothing unexpected I guess. I may do more tonight and if not then tomorrow so here goes nothing

good luck to all others on their hunts and may something shine soon

Dolos

Newbie!!!
I have a shiny Tirtouga and a shiny Golem!!!! One of my friends has a shiny Samurott which I want so badly!! She won't trade it to me though!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
WHOOOO! my bf was able to get the game back so all my shinies are back with me again >3. Anyway, grats on all recent shinies. I'm mostly focused on my Desert Resort hunt on White atm, on around 5k RE's for that. Best of luck to all, especially those who need it!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've been plowing through the rest of Black 2 so I can get to Kyurem, but I might switch to Zapdos instead on my SoulSilver. Also, due to the other Legendaries I plan to reset for, I should get some different Synchronizers. I haven't been hunting since Terrakion, but level grinding is something, right?
You sure have been lucky lately LilyValley congrats. xD
Thank you! To be honest though, that was a bit chaotic. It couldn't have been more than 100 resets once Terrakion appeared, which makes me wonder what it will take for Kyurem.

I'd also like an answer for something, once I reset for it, my Synchronizer will hopefully make Kyurem Physical. If it turns out to be Special, would fusing it with any Reshiram work? Would it only work when I transferred it to Y?

Keyblade_Cub

First off, congrats to Dolos on Tirtouga and Golem, Scrufox86 on Boldore and 3 Macargo, The Majestic Mr L on Eevee, DeliriousAbsol on Munna, Xatu and Kecleon, maldoror on Weepinbell and Eevee, Cyberra on Venonat, Absolutely Absol on Froakie, and Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Spheal. And for those I may have missed, I'm sorry but congrats to you all as well.

Haven't posted in a few days but come by check daily. So lately I've been getting some shinies. First of all, I went and MM for a Shiny Slowpoke to get a Mega Slowbro for ORAS. I filled up 12 boxes of eggs before hatching and after the first 98 eggs I got my Shiny Slowpoke with 5IVs missing SpDef. Oh wells. I then continued to hatch the rest of the eggs and 89 eggs later, another Slowpoke graces my screen. Now i can have one evolve into Slowbro and Slowking, and they both have the same IVs which was weird for me.

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/9F7F63F4-7244-45CE-A248-4F8EB15BF725_zpsdd4uu3e8.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/F36AB638-EB64-4B9B-8306-D1D62BDEB28C_zps36mkjxck.jpg[/img139]

After Slowpoke I went in to the Friend Safari to find an Audino. I have maybe 5 or so FS of normal type that all have Audino so it was no issue choosing a certain one to go into. Anyways 570 REs later and I got my Shiny Audino, waiting to Mega Evolve this fall.
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/D1736024-724B-4B54-94DC-566F8772AC7F_zpsq9w50uzm.jpg[/img139]

Next on my list was to horde hunt. I decided to go for a Minun/Plusle. I first started off not even thinking to use a Pokemon with Static, finally I did when I noticed that half way through my encounters I only saw Minun and Plusle twice.But 431 horde encounters later and I got my shiny Plusle, WOOT!
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/573B5ABB-E84B-4E42-B4F6-3644DFA11C9B_zpsmujnb2ud.jpg[/img139]

After Plusle I decided to give Chain Fishing another shot. The first time I tried I failed miserably. But yesterday after getting Plusle and 15 CF later, I got a Relicanth. I love it's Shiny color and was so happy.

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/AC8ACD0C-17F2-4147-9780-9943C637E4E0_zpsvl3pgcua.jpg[/img139]

Decided to continuing CFing and ended up getting Dragalge after a 70 chain. Was definitely hoping to get this as my second Shiny from chain fishing and it happened. So I ended up getting Plusle, Relicanth and Dragalge yesterday.
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/0B156F09-1A3D-411A-BD39-3E35197985DC_zpslg9g03sv.jpg[/img139]

FINALLY, today I wanted to continue a little more with Chain fishing. I attempted to yesterday night but failed after Dragalge. Went to a different route and completely failed 6 times, breaking my chain.... but I really didn't want to give up without getting one on that route. So after a 9 chain and using just an old rod, I got my cute Shiny Poliwag. And a 13 chain later another one appeared.

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/A22E0B53-FEDC-417A-828B-1F0A54E3A059_zpsamkkyt3q.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/9668C1B6-D3CA-4473-8E15-8210649E8BB5_zps3a2avfrq.jpg[/img139]

And last but not least, just a few minutes ago I was dual hunting FS on both my games in different Safaris. I ended up getting a Shiny Butterfree on my X. Still hunting on my Y for either a Pikachu or Dedenne.
Ended up naming the Butterfree, "Butters" :p
[img139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/Shiny%20Pokemon/E2A2144A-2E26-41BD-B7A1-9F36C6422A0B_zpswiohmgya.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
WHOOOO! my bf was able to get the game back so all my shinies are back with me again >3. Anyway, grats on all recent shinies. I'm mostly focused on my Desert Resort hunt on White atm, on around 5k RE's for that. Best of luck to all, especially those who need it!
Glad to hear you got your game back! And good luck on your hunts!

And dang, Keyblade_Club, so many shinies! Congrats on Slowpoke x2, Audino, Plusle, Relicanth, Dragalge, and Poliwag x2!

That aside, a blanket congrats to everyone else!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Finally! After spamming hordes in X from pretty much the first minute I could do hordes, I finally got my first horde shiny, and one of the top ones I wanted: a roggenrola. :D It's female, lax nature, and thoroughly cunning. I can't wait to get my blue-gemstoned boldore.

EDIT: Since I had gone so long at doing horde spams and getting nothing, I took time out the other day to try dual hunting Black 2 and White 2 so I could get *some* shiny after a one-month drought. I went back to the dual hunt tonight to finish it, hunting in Floccesy Ranch with an ampharos and electabuzz in the leads so I could hopefully get a shiny mareep (mareep hunts in X make me nervous since wingull is one of the possible hordes and they're almost impossible to see if they're shiny in those games). I go in for mareep, and of course I get... a green azurill. :p LOL Well, at least it's cute, and at least it's only kind of a repeat since I got my azumarill as a marill. It's a girl, huge power ability, impish nature, and capable of taking hits.

Last edited:
Congrats on all the recent shinies guys!

I have more shiny news :D. I've been on and off hunting for a shiny Pumpkaboo for a about a few weeks now and she finally shined! Very happy to have my purple pumpkin. She's also an average sized Pumpkaboo. I was hoping I'd get lucky and find a super-sized one, but oh well XD. I'm happy with her the way she is. My next hunt will be for a Hawlucha, but there's also some other Pokemon on the same route I wouldn't mind having as well *cougheeveecough*.

I'm also SR for Regice on my White 2 version. Took a break from him for a while, but now I've started up again. Hoping he'll shine soon. After that, I'll probably go after one of the lake trio.

Also, once I get my charger for my old DS(left it at home and I'm currently at my college dorm), I'm going to begin dual SR for shiny Suicune on my HG and SS versions. Decided to go for Suicune first because it's at a lower level than the others. I'll get to them though.

Good luck with all your hunts everyone!