• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Joth

Back from the Dead
Today is a sad, sad day..... I was EV training my Dratini on Route 8 with the help of my Aegislash, and ran into a Zangoose/Seviper horde today, and lo! a shiny Zangoose was in their midst. Since the Seviper would attack the Zangooses (Zangeese?) I targeted that first, but the Shiny Zangoose's Quick Attack was a Critical Hit, KOing the Seviper, and causing my Iron Head to hit the Zangoose. I know accidental shiny killing is common and I shouldn't be sad, but it was the irony (Geddit? Iron? Sword? Aegislash?) of the situation that killed me (And the Zangoose.).

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Thanks Ampharos_Spark and Tina.

May your cat be well soon, Scherzando. =/

And sorry hearing that, Joth.

Um..what exactly are you implying? I read all the posts between my posts.
Oh, I was wondering if I had edited that out.
It wasn't for the "etiquette congrats" (I don't even congratulate all the people), but for the "good luck", which is a more personal and empathetic post. But yeah, not a big deal, sorry for complaining. xD

TheScizor

PowerLvl9001
Finally completed my dex for the shiny charm!!! I want to MM some shinies but I don't know which ones to do! Help me por favor

pokefreak2014

Shiny Hunter!
Again, O_O

Ok, this time I know I'll be breaking the one-post-per-page rule, but as I said in my previous post, I wouldn't normally do that unless I had a good reason. Presenting my very good reason:

ShinyBudew.JPG

After a mere 347 REs in Eterna Forest (794 Pokemon seen, for those who don't like math :p ), I didn't find a shiny Buneary, but I probably found the next best thing! :D I really have nothing else to say about this shiny except "Wow," but the best part about it is the stats. They're basically good enough to include in this post, so here they are:

IVs: 20-29/20-29/10-19/20-29/30-31/31

Good nature, great stats, no complaints! Because this wasn't my target, I'm still going to hang around Eterna Forest with Cheryl until I find the pink bunny!

As usual, a Youtube video can be found here (not live this time, since I can't keep up with these quick finds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOel_BvQhY&feature=youtu.be

Congrats to Ampharos_Spark on Sandshrew, Cyberra on the bittersweet Braixen, oarfish on your plethora of Claunchers, Blasting Toise on Shuppet, and Scrufox86 on Rufflet and Honedge. Sorry about Zangoose, Joth, and good luck on reclaiming it. Finally, good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats to jrmftw on Graveler. Blasting Toise on Dusclops, Magmar, Drifblim, and Shuppet. ShinyGligar on Delibird. eiger on Mudkip. Uber_Fuller on Honedge and Tympole. TheGreaterLucario on Meditite. pokefreak2014 on Scatterbug, Drifloon, and Budew. Scrufox86 on Wooper and two Doduo. FarFromFreedom on Spritzee and Floette. Ampharos_Spark on Sandshrew. AxelWolf on two Mareep, Mime Jr., two Vannillite, and Spinda. Cyberra on your fourth shiny Braixen. oarfish on Poliwirl, Carvanha, Barboach, Alomomola, and seven Claunchers. Scrufox86 on Rufflet and Honedge. And TheScizor on your Shiny Charm.
Sorry about the shiny fail, Joth, ): I wish you good luck on a reclaim if you ever plan on doing one!

Good luck to everyone hunting and especially to jrmftw on your BQ, Lorde on your shiny Rayquaza, and Roseheart95 on your Route 32 hunt.

Sorry about your cat Scherzando! ): I really hope he becomes better soon.

I just reached 17,231 resets for Lugia, 1,212 resets for Snivy, and did exactly 200 encounters for Hawlucha. I'll have most of the weekend to soft reset if my Math and English homework doesn't take too long to finish. We're starting this year off with reading the modern text of Beowulf.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their most recent shinies, it's been a very long time since I posted. I've been hunting in the friend safari and also hatching eggs. So far I've gotten a duplicate Galvantula and I've just recently hatched a shiny 5 IV adamant Tyrunt, my next MM target is going to be Amaura. I haven't been playing my SS lately but I think tonight I will try to get in some soft resets for Dratini at the gamecorner for my BQ #4. Good luck to everyone hunting! Have a good day :) and happy hunting!

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Oh yeah, i just found one of my dream shinies! While looking for shiny Ekans, shiny Skorupi appeared. It was very easy to spot, because it was middle of horde.
He has Jolly nature, which is kinda good and it has ability Sniper.
Picture

Blasting Toise

Congrats on all recent shinies to everyone :)

I continued my hunt for shiny Pumpkaboo- after something like 3 hours that one skimpy safari, that didn't gave me any shinies before, gave me shiny Lampent. It's cool but no Pumpkaboo....

Then I changed safari and after another 3 hours I got another shining Shuppet- this one had HA though. Then I had a little break and when I returned to that safari, expecting another long hunt, first pokemon encounter was that long-expected shiny Pumpkaboo So success at last. I named her (she was female) Deep Purple XD

Good luck to all other shiny hunters out there! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For several hours yesterday, I did more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby and I did around 70-80. I also worked on hatching Oddish eggs for my Platinum Masuda Method hunt and I hatched about 45 more eggs and stored a dozen eggs that I'll hatch later on. And also, congratulations on the newest Shinies and so forth.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me. My hunts are at 575 REs for my BQ in SS, 18800 REs for my BQ in HG, 735 SRs for Piplup in Platinum, and 3055 REs for my BQ in B2.

@Tina Uhhh.... I didn't congrats on Lugia. That was a good luck on the hunt for it actually. I'll blame my excitement over getting Chikorita for any misunderstanding.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Scyther, Tina on Lugia, Roseheart95 on your BQ, Keane on Cranidos, Terra Force on your SR, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Lunafloon on Sandile, Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz, and RaichuArcanine on Chimchar.

computertrash

knight of time
People are really hardcore and serious about shinys. The first and only one I've ever bred myself was in Y, a few days after I re-started my game in late June. I had just started so I obviously didn't have access to a Ditto (actually, I did but my brother who has Y doesn't live with us) and I bred a male and female Pikachu and got maybe 4 eggs. Whose those hatched into Pichus, I didn't pay them much attention but later, as I was looking at their summaries, I found that one of them was a shiny. It didn't have any perfect IVs (at least I don't think) or anything but it's female and Timid nature.
Second one was a random WT trade. I'm not sure what I gave but I got a level 1 or 2 shiny, perfect IV male Zorua (Timid) from Unova and I still love it to this day. I refuse to evolve it and now it's 1 away from lv. 100. I got another shiny via WT (a Petilil) but the only noticeable feature was that it had blue eyes, not brown. I've yet to try MM or Chaining or anything, really. I'm just focusing on completing my Kalos Pokedex-PC Box.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I found a shiny wingull while encountering hordes. It only took 24 hordes and is the 5th I believe in my X bq. My target was mareep so I think I will stay until I find mareep.

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
I'm debating which game I want to restart: Pearl or Platinum. I was planning on SR/HR for a shiny Giratina, but I'm not sure if I want to have to get all the way past the E4 and such and get a level 70 Giratina, or get the level 47 one in Platinum. I don't have PokeBank so I can't transfer it unfortunately, but I might be able to trade it to my White 2 if I do end up getting it. In Pearl I have a few spare legendaries, an event Shaymin, and that's about it. I think I'll go with Platinum, but man it'll take forever to get to Giratina.

EDIT: Well, things aren't going well at all. The game's froze up three times and I've had to restart. At this rate I'll be lucky enough to get to the first gym. :(

Last edited:
So I haven't posted here for a bit because I've been breeding for competitivemPokemom, however I managed to get several shinies in the process.

I'll begin on my birthday, August 8th. That afternoon I was in the friend safari HA hunting when out of the blue a shiny Larvesta appeared. Later the same day I was hatching Froakie for Protean and IVs, when yet another shiny hatched. As my second shiny Froakie, I was hoping that it would get Protean, but once again it wasn't so.

Fast forward another week or so, I was horde training in Victory Road when I heard the familiar sparkle sound. Shiny Geodude! Of course I didn't have any way to prevent them from damaging each other, but fortunately Magnitude was only used once, and I was able to catch it. The very same day, I was hatching Larvesta to be used competitively, when I received yet another shiny Larvesta. Unfortunately it's IVs weren't quite what I wanted. Maybe one day I'll actually hatch a competitively viable Pokemon.

Carcara

Shiny Eevee! This was much, much shorter than i thought. Saw the sparkling patch in a chain of ,like, 3. Timid Synchronise worked, but the low chain means the furry albino has medium IVs( the judge says "above average", and none at 0). What should it evolve into? I was unsure about what to hunt, but then i just had the most obvious idea: more Eevee!Or maybe hordes at the Connecting Cave. Shiny Haxorus looks awesome. Also, my friend asked me if i could MM him a shiny Greninja. Since he' going to trade me the parents, I'll give it a shot, my latest MM shinies took 16(Litwick) and 1891(Beldum) eggs...so I guess I'll be hunting 3 shinies. Lol.
Finally completed my dex for the shiny charm!!! I want to MM some shinies but I don't know which ones to do! Help me por favor
Your favorite pokemon I guess. A starter, a pseudo legendary, Eevee...be creative!

Last edited:
Shiny Eevee! This was much, much shorter than i thought. Saw the sparkling patch in a chain of ,like, 3. Timid Synchronise worked, but the low chain means the furry albino has medium IVs( the judge says "above average", and none at 0). What should it evolve into? I was unsure about what to hunt, but then i just had the most obvious idea: more Eevee!Or maybe hordes at the Connecting Cave. Shiny Haxorus looks awesome. Also, my friend asked me if i could MM him a shiny Greninja. Since he' going to trade me the parents, I'll give it a shot, my latest MM shinies took 16(Litwick) and 1891(Beldum) eggs...so I guess I'll be hunting 3 shinies. Lol.

Your favorite pokemon I guess. A starter, a pseudo legendary, Eevee...be creative!

sigh~ I wish it was like being albino, since that's hereditary.... on that note actually, could you imagine pokemon with a bunch of different mophs?(like albino or hyper melonistic[black/dark])
I know, i'm a nerd

@Scherzando, I love animals, so I know the love you feel for your pet cat- add me to the list wishing you luck.
@TheScizor- I would suggest first going to the pokedex and seeing what sparks your interest, find that pokemon(maybe in a special ball?)see if you wanna give it egg moves, or a hidden ability and just keep breeding(preferably with a foreign pokemon, a ditto is preferable since it can mate with most pokemon. The trade forum is a good place for that) good luck in your first shiny hunt
(now on the subject of obtaining shiny pokemon) nothing new yet, I collected 120 eggs yesterday and the day before, I've hatched half of them now, i'll hatch the rest and then maybe do some hordes. Also on GTS I got a Korean milotic(female) in a dream ball, so i'm thinking about hatching one shiny later

again I have been gone too long to individually congratulate everyone, so congrats and good luck to everyone

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Good to hear you got your game back RaichuArcanine! And sorry to hear about your cat Scherzando, hope he gets better soon. :(

So, you know when you say you're going to post more, and then 10 days later you haven't posted anything? Yeah...

Congrats to everyone on your shinies! :) And sorry for the blanket congrats, I will try and post more in future.

So, my order arrived last week. It seems it's always the Sapphire game which is legit, doesn't it? The GBA SP worked fine and the Sapphire game was legit (though the internal battery is unfortunately dry). However, the FireRed copy turned out to be a fake - just my luck as that's the one I was wanting in the first place. However, I messaged the seller and he was fine with giving me a partial refund for the return of the fake cartridge, so that was resolved nice and easily, luckily. I didn't give up though, and a few days later managed to win a definite legit copy of the game - boxed, item description said bought on high street, seller had 100% feedback, and picture was good enough quality to see the indented numbers on the sticker of the cartridge. So I was very happy about winning that, and it arrived yesterday. As thought, it is legit and is in very good condition. So I might finally be able to do some Gen III shiny hunting in future! :D

I think I'll attempt to change Sapphire's internal battery too, as I would really like to be able to get shiny Kyogre and Rayquaza, and I have an annoying feeling they're going to be shiny locked in OR/AS. Also I don't feel like leaving Emerald on forever while hunting for Rayquaza, as the frames reset every time you start up the game so I'd have to constantly leave the game on, even while I'm not hunting, and GBA games don't have a sleep mode, so... (Do correct me if I'm wrong about this, though.) So yeah, it'd be really great to be able to hunt on Sapphire so if all goes well I should be able to soon.

Not much news in terms of actual shiny hunting (sorry!). I did a lot of hunting today and small bits over the past few days. Heracross now stands at 540 eggs hatched on X and counting. Releasing all of these things is gonna be a pain. Lugia stands at 2160 SRs, having reached 2000 today, so progressing kind of slowly but steadily. I haven't touched my Tepig hunt since my last post, I think I want to get these two hunts finished before resuming that, but my moods change so we'll see what happens.

I was thinking about immediately starting a BQ on FireRed, but I think I want to finish the majority of my legendary hunts before attempting a BQ. Not to mention I haven't done a proper RE hunt yet so I should probably test that out before starting a BQ then giving up. We'll see. I'd like to do some sort of hunt on it anyway, perhaps for Eevee or Gastly.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on your shinies! So many long hunts I've been seeing while reading the last few pages, I hope they all shine for you soon! :)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on all the recent shinies, everyone! A bit short on time to do individual congrats tonight...sorry!

Just wanted to give a quick update - Zorua is at 390 eggs, Eevee is at 1650 SRs (haven't really been working on it lately, just did a few tonight), and Fennekin is now my longest soft reset hunt at 3125 SRs. It's been almost 7 months since I officially started my Y BQ, so hopefully I'll have something to show for it soon.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
Thank you very much to all the wonderful people wishing my cat well: Ampharos_Spark, Roseheart95, Tattooed Tooth, Tina, maskofsanity1998, and yoshi007! He came home today and we still have to be wary of the symptoms coming back, but he is thankful to be home. Can you believe he was happily nuzzling my face while I was giving him a bath??

Okay, now on-topic. XD Tried 100 more eggs but nothing yet. Still under the odds by about 200 eggs so hopefully this Ralts will shine soon! I have so many newly-hatched Pokemon I've been dying to train, not to mention a few wild Pokemon I want to steal held items from. :p I just know my Frisk+Thief Banette is itching to do the job. I can see that gleam in his eyes.

Here's a pointless story about how I got my shiny Mandibuzz just so my posts don't seem so monotonous: I put a Ralts on the GTS, just a regular one but with its HA. Got a lv 100 shiny Mandibuzz in a master ball in return. o_O I was scared it might not be legit, but it was caught on Victory Road so that's normal, and it's common for people to catch shinies in master balls from what I heard on the hack check thread. Has anyone else ever received a random shiny for a regularly-colored Pokemon (without communicating with the OT)?

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats to Iwanuq on Galvantula. Sutittaja on Skorupi. Blasting Toise on Lampent, Shuppet, and Pumpkaboo. Cysero on Braixen and five Ponytas. Computertrash on Pichu and Zorua. Neji-and-Pidgeot on Wingull. HunterMetroid on two Larvesta, Froaki, and Geodude. And yoshi007 on your new games.
Good luck to all those still hunting!

@Shadowkrow, ah I see. Sorry, I misread your post and came up with the wrong conclusion.

My Lugia just shone after 17,414 resets! My heart nearly stopped when I saw the pink.

[IMG139]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/IMG_1094.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/IMG_1097.jpg[/IMG139]
My modest Mew synchronise didn't work, but it ended up being Timid, which is also a great nature for Lugia.

IVs are 26-27/0-2/27-28/9-11/28/20-22.
Overall pretty good, most stats are in the 20s, albeit the Special Attack isn't very high.

Last edited: