• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
congrats to all new shinies! especially Cybera on the ponyta Tina on the lugia, thats a lot of srs for that you deserve it.

speaking of long sr hunts mines now at 4444, 13,332 starters seen, and still nothing to show for it. @doodlecloud I got around to trying what you suggested about blowing in the cracks of the ds and it worked! so now I'm back to SR for the starters while hunting on y in the friend safari at the same time so thank you very much

good luck to all those hunting, especially those with long hunts

dragon1

No luck on Eevee #2. All the patches look the same, and i don't think the game will hand over anoter shiny at a chain of 3 anytime soon... and about the Community Hunt, does evolving my Eevee into Leafeon counts? Also, congrats on the Ponyta, Cyberra.

I think chaining on the flowwer patches is naturally hard, I can't tell the shaking patches apart. And I wouldn't say it easy to chain Eevee. It's possible, but takes a while to find the first one and the rocks turn a lot of pacthes into edges.

I've read somewhere that they don't actually count as edges because they're just a gap enclosed by grass, or something. But I could be wrong.

But anyway, call me lazy, but I just chain fished up a shiny Staryuu, bringing me up to 4 chain fished shinies. Chain fishing is too easy XD, I think I'll try MMing a Wifi-battle worthy shiny sometime soon, as soon as I master chaining. And congrats to everyone on their shinies, especially that Lugia!

Blasting Toise

Congrats on all recent shinies. I had shinyless day yesterday (I had no time for hunts really) Today I decided to try some horde hunting and got that Shiny Psyduck I have been looking for. I named him Perry after Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb :p

Update: Today shiny Quagsire appeared when I was looking for shiny Frogadier from Friend Safari. Well better than nothing... I already had that but I can probably trade it for someone.

Last edited:

serpent222

So lately I've taken to checking out the GTS late at night. A lot of fair shiny trades seem to slip through the cracks. And I just traded for a shiny cubone. Now I finally get a shiny marowak, my favorite pokemon!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Congrats to anyone with new shiny, and good luck to those still trying :D

As for me

Community Hunt Complete

I was trying to get a Shiny Serene Grace Deerling for the previous CH, but after a month and 1100 eggs, none of them is shiny......until today.

Of course the game just has to troll me by giving me TWO Shiny Deerling, one female with Serene Grace, exactly one day after the Serene Grace CH ended :p

Good thing this month's CH is Grass-Type shiny, and Deerling is part Grass.

Anyway, the first Shiny Deerling, the one that's female with her HA Serene Grace

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/deerling-f_zps0d57ea1d.jpg[/img139]

And the second Shiny Deerling, the one that's male with Chlorophyll

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/deerling-m_zpsfb5c4d84.jpg[/img139]

I'm planning to keep the female one as a Deerling and evolve the male one.

dragon1

Shine, your post glitched up for some reason, and so you have 2 of the same post now (At least on my computer), but congrats on those Deerling, I've beem trying to get a Shiny Sawsbuck in the Friend safari for ages (Shiny Sawsbuck is one of my favorites), but I think I'll try and MM for one now, hopefully with Chlorophyll, and congrats on the Spyduck, Blasting Tortoise!, and that Marowak, serpent.

And Woohoo!!!! My first ever chained shiny pokemon, and the first time I've ever gotten a chain of 40 or more. It appeared on chain 41 or 42 (I lost track XD), so that was pretty lucky, and it was a shiny Skiddo. No nickname, cause I'm not a fan of nicknaming pokemon, but I'm really happy that I actually chained something XD. It's a mild nature, so reduces defense and increases Special attack, but oh well, it's not for Battling or anything and it likes to thrash about.

TheMaster327

BQ #5 get!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0093_zps5b104a1a.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0094_zps51de4a44.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0095_zps6c7e6c25.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Spearow after 5,126 HBs! My BQ pattern is so weird now. Water, Poison, Normal/Flying, Poison, Normal/Flying. Watch me get a Krabby from my Cianwood Rock Smash hunt for #6.

Anyway, Spearow is Jolly nature, and IVs: 0 - 4 / 25 / 0, 1 / 15 - 22 / 0 - 7 / 0 - 6

Basically, clinically dead apart from Attack lol But hey, it's shiny, and I can proceed.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to all the shinies lately!

Well, yesterday I did not have as much time for shiny hunting.
I only caught one shiny yesterday, and that was a shiny Gyarados on Route 3.
I am still going between routes, fishing for more shinies.

EDIT:

I have been fishing in Route 12 this morning.
I just came across another shiny Remoraid.
I already have both a shiny Remoraid and a shiny Octillery, so I will probably trade this one.
Still a shiny.

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Recently decided to chain fish for a change in pace. I recently caught two shiny remoraid, so now I have an evolution duo. I will now be fishing for barboach.

EDIT:Thank you for the congratulations everyone. Still on hiatus from my Klefki hunt and Fennekin SR. After fishing for about 65-70 encounters I got a shiny, but it wasn't my intended target. I got a timid Poliwhirl that would've been more useful had it been from the FS but oh well. Barboach is still a reasonable target and I wouldn't mind getting a more physical Poliwhirl to evolve into a Poliwrath. Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially Storm_Dragoon on that Mandibuzz that has definitely overstayed its welcome as not shiny.

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Thanks a lot to doodlecloud, maskofsanity1998 (best of luck when you do soft reset for it! hopefully your hunt won’t take as long as mine), shinycharizard06, and dragon1 on the congrats! It means a lot to me!

Congrats to Farscape0031 on Hawlucha. Phsy-Spark on Tauros. Shao-May on Ralts. Scrufox86 on two Tropius, Woobat, Hoothoot, and Ducklett. Shinehollow on Seaking. 3fiddy on Lillipup and Scraggy. dragon1 on Staryu and Skiddo. Blasting Toise on Psyduck. BIG congrats to Shine on completing that long MM hunt and the CH! Another big congrats to TheMaster327 on Spearow. oarfish on Gyarados and Remoraid. And ShiningKnightXY on two Remoraid.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts and especially doodlecloud on your starter SR, Shabadoo on your Spiritomb hunt and Latias when you will, Lorde with your Rayquaza hunt, and shinycharizard06 on your starter hunt.

Anyways, no shiny news for me since my last post, since I've mostly been doing SR hunts.
Latias has reached 1,124 resets and Snivy has reached 1,555 resets.
My side hunts, Tepig at 127 resets, Noibat MM at 680 eggs, and Hawlucha at 203 REs.

I was reading Shines post a minute ago and noticed the CH, I must have missed the post for the CH because I didn't know about it. Sorry for my ignorance! :(
Snivy would be enough for my CH target this month, I hope I would be able to get it before the month ends!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hey everyone, congrats on your new shinies.

Well I got a new shiny to report. I was hunting on route 12 for either a shiny Pachirisu or a shiny Mareep in a hoard. I was REing as well as using Sweet Scent every now and then to get a hoard battle. I was running around in the grass, got into a random hoard battle when I saw sparkles on a shiny Wingull:

It took me by surprise because I've never gotten a hoard shiny before WITHOUT using Sweet Scent, but this little guy decided to shine for me :). Battle was sort of annoying, as my Pikachu got confused and kept hitting itself instead of fainting the normal Wingull THEN got confused by the shiny one trying to use Thunder Wave >_<.

It eventually got caught in a Timer Ball after my Pikachu finally got rid of confusion and got a Thunder Wave off. While it isn't the shiny Pachirisu or Mareep I wanted, I'm glad I got a new shiny after a crappy August month :p.

More pics:

Trainer ID
Naive nature

~

In other hunts, my shiny Mandibuzz hunt is stalled at 42000 SRs. The Johto starter hunt is also well over the odds with no end in sight. I'm hoping that one of these hunts will shine soon to take the pressure off of my shoulders.

For now though, I'm going to continue on my search for shiny Pachirisu and Mareep, hopefully the next shiny on route 12 is one of these.

Scrufox86

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post.. i have news! I found a shiny Hoppip when horde hunting and also community hunt complete! Wow i cannot believe it did not take very long to find. I may go do more horde hunting at azure bay for slowpoke and exeggcute. Good luck shiny hunters!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to Quils on Flabebe, The Majestic Mr L on Ditto, Cyberra on Ponyta, Ceecee-typhlosion on Graveler and Floatzel, Farscape0031 on Hawlucha, Phsy-Spark on Tauros, Shao-May on Ralts, Scrufox86 on all those shinies, Shinehollow on Seaking, dragon1 on Staryu and Skiddo. Blasting Toise on Psyduck, Shine on both Deerling, TheMaster327 on Spearow, oarfish on Gyarados and Remoraid, ShiningKnightXY on Remoraid, Storm_Dragoon on Wingull, and everyone else who has gotten a shiny recently!

And a special congrats to Tina on getting Lugia! That's a well-earned shiny :)

---------------

Not really a whole ton to say since my last post. Chimchar is at 8,660 SRs, which means, in regard to time spent hunting, it has now become my longest hunt ever at 157 hours. Oddly enough, I don't really mind if the hunt reaches 10k, but hopefully Chimchar shines sooner rather than later. I only got one shiny in August (a Scatterbug via MM), so maybe September will be a little kinder?

Good luck to everyone who is hunting, especially Roseheart95 on your Route 32 hunt and Storm_Dragoon on Mandibuzz!

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
I wanted to do the CH real fast and my god was it?! About 20 REs in 2RSAs FS and I got what I wanted. Shiny Oddish! I named him LunarFlower. If it was a female I woulda named her Cheza. Props to anyone who gets the Reference.

Anyway Congrats to all who have seen the shine and to those still hunting I hope you see the shine soon!

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/hentaifreaklover/media/Pokemon/SeptemberCH2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Cheza the flower/scientific engineered human from Wolfs Rain :)?

Right you are :D

Last edited:
Cheza the flower/scientific engineered human from Wolfs Rain :)? To keep my post relevant, still no shiny news on my HG shiny starter hunt but I've been keeping at it. And in my Y game*I'm going to switch MM targets..still can't decide which one but I'm thinking cyndaquil because I'd like to breed extrasensory on it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did several more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version last night; I did about 60 more SRs and I also worked on hatching more Oddish eggs for my Platinum hunt this morning and I hatched about 25 eggs. I've hatched around 400 +eggs in total thus far. Also, good luck to others and congratulations on the newest Shinies.

Hey all, congrats on all the new shinies! And thanks to Storm_Dragoon, Tattooed Tooth, and Ampharos_Spark for the congrats :).

No new shiny news for me at the moment, but I decided to update with my current hunts, Regice has been pretty stubborn, so I decided to take a break from him for a bit. Instead, I've been looking for a shiny Deerling. I'm currently at 1200 REs for it. Really hoping it's the first one to shine, but honestly any shiny Pokemon from that area(aside from Foongus that is as I already have it), would be pretty cool. I also finally got a hold of my old DS charger, so I'll be dual SRing for shiny Suicune soon. I'm only at about 250 SRs now.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

sooooo, today I got to 666 hours played on pokemon x(not counting when I don't save) so I took a break from hatching eggs and did RE's on route 6.... In only ~10 minutes I got a shiny sentret! It's IVs are 31 / 0 - 6 / 31 / 10 - 18 / 31 / 21 - 29 (probably the best I've ever gotten on a random encounter shiny) she's careful and has keen eye. not sure really what to do with her
and I have stuff to do so I'm gonna have to blanket congrats

Last edited:

Carcara

This Eevee is being more annoying than the last one. I mean, I know shinies are rare, but it's frustrating when I keep messing up my chains under 20. But I'm not giving up, I still want all shiny eeveelutions. And I ask again, does evolving my Eevee into Leafeon counts for the CH? I am evolving the one I have into Jolteon/Espeon since it's Timid, but I'm thinking about participating. Or I might just chain a Roselia, I've done it before then traded it, but now I want it back.

TheMaster327

Thanks for the congrats, guys! Now at 350 RSEs in my sixth BQ hunt - one I feel will take a while - Rock Smashing at Cianwood. For those wondering why it might take a while, here is the items that I have obtained so far...

27 Heart Scales, 36 Blue Shards, 37 Red Shards, 23 Green Shards, 36 Yellow Shards, 14 Star Pieces, 86 Max Ethers, 63 Revives.

Yeah... All that and only 350 actual encounters lol. Anyway, congrats on the recent shinies guys! Especially Storm_Dragoon on that Wingull and something else... ;)

EDIT: Technically a new day for me as past midnight, so no rule-breaking here!

Last edited: