• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*sigh* Second male shiny snorunt found in the ice safari. Twice now cute charm has failed. Hopefully third time will be the charm... Even if it isn't, I'm staying till I get my female.

Finally got off my behind and resumed egg collection for corsola in Black 2. It wasn't helping that inside I don't really want to collect eggs, but I said I was going to finish that hunt before I resume SRing more targets, and I am. I'm just going to be really pokey about it XP

Tina

Boy Skylark
Many thanks to Misjie, Shade Hunter (thanks so much for the compliment! >_<), Storm_Dragoon, and Crimson Penguin on the congrats and good luck!

Congrats to Cyberra on Bergmite and Snorunt, TheShinyLunatone on Larvitar, Domino_621 on Eevee, and Crimson Penguin on Pichu.

Good luck to TheMaster327 on your rock smash hunt (don’t give up!), Misjie on your Route 30 hunt and National park hunt, HUUUGE good luck to Storm_Dragoon on your Mandibuzz hunt, Pluski on your Route 39 hunt, Lorde on your Rayquaza hunt, Crimson Penguin on your Eevee SR and Route 10 hunt, and BIG good luck to ChaoticInverse on your Torchic hunt.

I don't have any shiny news to report again.
My Black BQ #3 in inner Pinwheel Forest has reached 5,054 REs and my White 2 BQ #2 in Virbank Complex reached 2,470 REs.

Well... 5,054 REs isn't too bad considering I started this hunt about a week ago. I don't mind it going past 10k but I really hope I don't end up with a Pidove, sorry if i sound whiny but for real ANYTHING but Pidove, I'm terrified of Pidove.

EDIT: WHOA WHOA! SHINY SEWADDLE JUST SHONE FOR MY BLACK BQ!!!!

AFTER 5,602 REs!!
I was so shocked I caught her before taking a picture of her in battle, augh!!

[IMG139]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/photo-1.jpg[/IMG139]

Looks like she has a good nature too! One of the best for Leavanny, either Jolly or Adamant is best is seems. Looks like I have quite a bit of luck on my Black file! Timid Snivy AND a adamant Sewaddle.

So I'll update my Black BQ shiny card tomorrow, this is the second shiny I got late at night, haha!
I'm not sure where I'll hunt next, I think I'll be able to get the Plume Fossil before the fourth gym so I might SR for a shiny Archen.

Last edited:

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I got my first random shiny today: a Corsola! Corsola isn't a very good Pokémon, but it sure has a very good shiny! And all I was looking for was a Heart Scale...

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
First of all, congratulations to everyone who has recently got a shiny! And good luck to those still hunting, particularly if it's a long one. You'll get it, don't worry!

After around 5,500 or so resets (an estimate, I wasn't counting), I managed to get a shiny Mesprit on Black 2 (now transferred to X). After a long struggle, I caught her in a Timer Ball. She's Impish nature with IVs of 25/18/3/12/1/25. Not that impressive, but I don't mind! I named her Joy (partially because it's an emotion based name, but it's mainly a reference to an upcoming Pixar film). This shiny is so pretty, probably one of my favourite Legendary shinies, so I'm glad I have her now! ^_^

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have just found another shiny. I was in the Friend Safari to get a normal Spritzee, and I encountered a normal Floette. I said to myself, it would be awesome if the next Pokemon was a Shiny Spritzee, and low and behold, encounter number 2, I find a Shiny Spritzee; what insane luck! It has a rubbish nature for it (naive), but I really like the Shiny Form, so it will be staying as a Spritzee!

Good luck on everyone's hunts! :D

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
After reading through the last posts, I HAD to say congrats to everyone but especially domino_621!!

A shiny eevee is such a versatile pokemon as you all know and also the first one I will be searching for after I get my game (and complete it) on Tuesday :)

Well done guys! I too would like to evolve it into a shiny sylveon! Let us know what you call it :)

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
well I haven't posted in a while so I guess I'll post a small update, even though there is still no new shiny news. I've been hunting on and off for a johto starter since july and still have nothing to show for it. I didn't hunt as often as I could but I'm still at around 5000 SRs or more but I don't know the exact number as I stopped counting about a week ago when I just started SR without counting to just casually hunt for a few days and never started counting again. still thats over 15000 starters seen, which is nearly double the odds. I hope something shines soon because I really want to start my johto badgequest. I refuse to give up though as I've come too far just to quit without getting the pesky shiny starter

congratulations to all new shinies, especially Tina on well everything, pretty good few weeks for you, and everybody else who managed to get new shinies especially ones that went over odds, were for badgequests, or were Soft resets.
good luck to all still hunting especially Storm_Dragoon on your Mandibuzz hunt, and Chaoticinverse on your torchic hunt, and anybody else who really needs it.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Sorry for blanket congrats - just moved into my uni dorm and everything is a bit busy at the moment. But congratulations on all the new shinies!

So, on the journey here, I hunted non-stop and made it up to 5041 REs on Route 33. Not sure I'll get anything before the odds, but we'll see.

Anyway, good luck to everyone hunting, especially Storm_Dragoon!

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Evening everyone~ Congrats go to Ampharos_Spark on Wooper, Shao-May on Skorupi, JohnNiles on Cresselia, Regice (double legendary, well done!), Petilil (that reminds me, I need to evolve my Petilil but I thnk I was having the same move dilemma as you lol), Bagon and Buneary, Cyberra on Bergmite (may be traded away but I'm sure it'll brighten someone else's day) and Snorunt (the more males you end up getting, the closer you must be to a female...right?), TheShinyLunatone on Larvitar, Domino_621 on Eevee, Crimson_Penguin on Pichu, Tina on Sewaddle (damn, you're making good BQ progress), Sunset Star on Corsola, Chibi_Muffin on Mesprit and tomatohater on Spritzee!

And good luck to Storm_Dragoon and ChaoticInverse on your crazy hunts!

Also, typing out everyone's names got me thinking about names again...and I've been meaning to ask Storm_Dragoon. Storm and Dragoon are both pretty standard 'cool' words if that makes sense....but together? Is it a beyblade reference by any chance? :D

.....actually, I already noticed that since the 8th, which means your Chikorita is already added into the list since the 8th :p

I obtained this Shiny Spinarak months ago (before June for sure), it's already a Shiny Ariados now.

Damn,. I feel foolish now. You're so much more alert than me lol. I'm not sure if I was around before June or not, I come and go, but awesome shiny either way!

In any case, I haven't actually made it through Union Cave yet but I've started my 2nd BQ hunt already. I've been kind of dreading a Route 32 hunt since my last 20,000+ hunt and then seeing Roseheart's 40,000+ hunt and I've been looking at all the other possible hunts (even briefly considered SR that Togepi egg but it takes about 8 mins to obtain and hatch...)....but I had to admit that Route 32 just has the coolest pokemon. There's only a 5% chance of me getting another Zubat and I kind of wouldn't mind another Wooper or Mareep....so Route 32 it is. I am bracing myself for a long hunt though, especially as I got lucky with my bonus Zubat so soon after Totodile, and trying to get as many REs done as soon as possible, especially as uni starts tomorrow (I'm not actually stuck for time as I fortunately, or unfortunately, have a 3 hour commute there and back but I know I'll be more sleepy and grumpy than I have been in months).

Overall I've only done about 570 REs and that was mostly yesterday as today I've been working on a recent shinies banner and an updated shiny card. May tweak it a bit still as I feel there's just something missing, but I think it's mostly done, enough to upload. You think it'll be a quick fix but those things take aaaages...kinda feel bad for wasting so much time on it as I don't think many people click on the links anyways but I like to do things properly and have a record of my achievements. I also added a little shiny Zubat as I'm completely infatuated with my baby, I could easily see it becoming my fave shiny and mascot pokemon. The kind of pokemon you always have with you, ya know?

Anyways, enough rambling. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
It has now been 2 weeks since my last shiny, Zapdos(which unfortunately, also took 2 weeks) and I still don't have anything. I don't really want to stop at this time, but I feel like hatching shiny Honedge just so I can end this drought.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Congrats to wobbanut on Trevenant, scrufix86 on Shuckle and Koffing, Iwanuq on Drowzee and Amaura, Cyberra on Pidgey, Bergmite and Snorunt, Doodlecloud on Zubat, Ampharos_Spark on Wooper, Shao-May on Skorupi, JohnNiles on Cresselia, Regice, Petilil, Bagon and Buneary, TheShinyLunatone on Larvitar, Domino_621 on Eevee, Crimson Penguin on Pichu, Tina on Sewaddle, Sunset Star on Corsola, Chibi_Muffin on Mesprit and tomatohater on Spritzee!

And thanks for the congrats to Scherzando, Doodlecloud, Razorbadger, Shade Hunter, Ampharos_Spark, Tina, Misjie and Crimson Penguin!

And at last thanks for the good luck to Solfatara, Shade Hunter and Tina!

I didn't had time to do much shiny hunting this weekend. I only managed to do 100 SRs on the HG starters putting it at 700 SRs (2100 seen). In the next few days I'll probably have some more time to SR and also to pull out my Super Rod on Route 8 again and hopefully get Starmie to shine.

Good luck to all shiny hunters!

Just an update: on black 2 I got to virizion, and am now reseting, on soul silver I defeated the gyms, but am waiting a while so I can get more love balls to match lugia's shiny coloration. haven't done much on x, hatched about 20 eggs and ev trained sneasle. Also if anyone has a razor claw they want to trade me so that I can evolve it that would be appreciated.

maybe the next time I post I'll congratulate everyone individually, but for now i'm going to blanket congratulate everyone. Also good luck to everyone

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Caught a random shiny Golett on Pokemon Y while I was working on evolving my Frillish, shame it got Klutz however.

Good luck to everyone still hunting for shinies especially to Cyberra, hope that female Snorunt will shine for you soon!

TheMaster327

4,300 now. At least I've three days off now to smash rocks :)

Also, Willow from ShinyTwins178 just got a live stream shiny Roggenrola, so watch out for that video some point tomorrow :)

Drakonekoshi

HNI_0042.JPG
Shiny Mewtwo

AAAA ommmgg I wasn't even expecting it to show up today! I..I just can't believe it, it's so beautiful T-T huge thanks to everyone who wished me luck for this hunt, i'm still in awe.

Shiny Mewtwo is my official 100th shiny and I'm absolutely happy that it is, well deserving of the title! ( not to mention he's amazingly Modest natured! )

Congrats to everyone who's gotten shinies since my last post and good luck to those still hunting!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First off, congratulations to everyone on their newest Shinies. Tonight I resumed my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version and I did like 70 more soft resets for that within an hour or so. I also hatched about 20 more Oddish eggs for my Masuda Method hunt this morning and I plan on continuing hatching eggs later tonight and early tomorrow.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Cyberra on Snorunt, Tina on Sewaddle, Sunset Star on Corsola, Chibi_Muffin on Mesprit, tomatohater on Spritzee, Tsukuyomi on Golett, and huge congrats to Drakonekoshi on Mewtwo and your 100th shiny!

Thanks to Tina, doodlecloud, and Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark for the congrats and good luck wishes!

Just wanted to update mostly to say that my Route 10 hunt has officially passed the 6th gen odds, at 4500 total REs. This is the first time I've had any hunt go over odds since my Piplup MM, and the first hunt to go over full odds since my White BQ #4 way back in December of last year. Guess it's to be expected, but it still doesn't really feel like this hunt has taken that long, which is a good thing as I still have a lot of motivation to complete it. Also, Eevee is up to 3500 SRs, so it's set yet another milestone as my new longest SR hunt. Finally, I hatched about a box and a half more Pichus, bringing my total egg count up to 540. Hopefully I get lucky like I did with Zorua and won't have to wait too long for another one (and this time it better have Lightning Rod - y u no make Ability Capsule for HAs, GameFreak?!).

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially ChaoticInverse, Storm_Dragoon, Shadowkrow, shinycharizard06, pokemaster13, Cpchris, Roseheart95, LilyValley, TheMaster327, and Lorde!

EDIT: Wow, was not expecting this to happen today... but it did! After doing some encounters on Route 10 to bring my total up to 4800 REs, I picked up X and continued hatching Pichus. Well, only three eggs into the session and I already have my second shiny Pichu after a total of 543 eggs, and a mere 55 eggs after my first one! Even better, it got perfect IVs in everything but HP... and to top it all off, it has Lightning Rod! So happy that this little guy decided to show up - now I can trade it off to my friend.

Congrats to Cyberra on Vanillite and Storm_Dragoon on Gulpin, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After the night's hunting in the FS finished up, I decided to go and pick up a horde hunt in Frost Cavern that'd been on hold for two months now. I picked up where I'd left off and only 58 hordes later (658 hordes/3,290 pokemon seen), I get a sparkle.

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6772_zps6a904370.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny vanillite ^_^ She's so pretty in Gen VI. I've taken her to the Battle Chateau to get some leveling done, see if I can get her evolved.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I was away petsitting over the weekend with no internet access, but I took my DS along with me spent most of each evening watching tv and SR'ing for my Johto starter. No luck so far. I managed to pick Chikorita once when I was button mashing and not paying attention and now I'm paranoid that Cyndaquil or Totodile was shiny that time. D: I'm also at the point where I'm having to double check each Chikorita because it's the least obvious shiny, even though I know there's no way I mistake that gold/bronze colour for green!

Since getting home, I've just finished another hours resetting putting me at about 17 hours total. Assuming a minimum of 3 SR's a minute, with three starters each time, then at the very least, I'm looking at 9180 Pokémon total. Meh. Not the best return to the old shiny odds, and its done a good job of removing any enthusiasm I had of going for a new shiny Ho-oh. I'll keep going for my starter, obviously, and then cross my fingers that I get lucky with random encounters throughout the game. :)

Congrats on new shinies and good luck on everybody's hunt. :)

Edit: 19 hours total now. Nada on the shiny front.

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hey guys, congrats on your new shinies.

Well I decided that I was going to have my Minun hunt as a second shiny hunt for when I didn't feel like hunting Mandibuzz. I got lucky today, but not with shiny Minun:

Only an hour into hunting, this shiny Gulpin appeared! While it isn't my shiny Minun, it is refreshing to get one of these shinies not in a horde battle. One Quick Ball snagged it.

More pics:

Shiny Gulpin
Trainer ID
Hasty nature

~

Mandibuzz is now up to 45400 SRs. I pushed past my normal '300 SRs a day' yesterday to see if those extra resets would help make it shine, but nope. This is one stubborn buzzard and it will be a relief when it finally shines. I'm half tempted to roast it over a spit :p.