• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Me again :D My computer is still being annoying so I had to upload the pics on my mother's computer and post them to photobucket from there. Here is the gothorita I caught last night...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Newpics035_zpsf45ad560.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm now in a steel safari with mawile, skarmory, and bronzong. Want bronzong in particular but I'll take all three of the pokemon in there.

This afternoon I was back on my treecko hunt, and on the 520th egg I hatched this...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Newpics038_zps4beb2f53.jpg[/IMG139]

Imaginative nickname, I know XD;;; He didn't get the maxed SpATK stat, but the IV judge didn't say anything negative about it so it's still fairly high. I promptly took him to Frost Cavern to harass vanillite hordes. He's now a lvl 20-something grovyle with all the SpATK EVs I could pack onto him.

New target is feebas, in a dream ball (thank you so much for the female feebas, Shao-May!). I'm breeding for a good 6IV female from which I will breed the shiny.

What's a good nature for a milotic?

Virizion is up to 2,300 SRs. The last couple of days were slow so I only got 700 SRs done between two days, and after Monday my hunting time will slow way down for the next six months.

Another question: is it possible to hunt rayquaza in Emerald using Run Away instead of soft resetting? I do have soulsilver, too, but I haven't started it yet and it's a long haul through to get to rayquaza, and I'd still need to catch kyogre in emerald and send it forward in order to get the green orb at all.

;_; In other words, Emerald is my only hope for getting a shiny rayquaza, since I don't have HeartGold. And leaving the game on as long as possible is why charging cables were invented... I'll likely be doing the RAing on my older DS lite since I don't have a GBA.

A good nature for Milotic is Bold. My competitive one is Flawless, Bold, Marvel Scale, Haze, Scald, Ice Beam and Recover and has 252 EV's in HP and Defence, and it is an awesome defensive wall!

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, especially Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Sandshrew, maskofsanity1998 on your pink Wailmer, Pluski on Magnemite, Ampharos_Spark on Tentacool (jealous!!) and Electrode, doodlecloud on Wooper (the sickest looking shiny ever, love it) and NidoranF, wobbanut on Sunkern and Bibarel, Cpchris on Meditite and Machoke (those machokes really love you, and your games too judging by your luck lately!), Poképro1992 on Feebas (having a shiny Milotic in genIII is an absolute dream, I might try for that at some point as well), Magikarp, Tentacool and Charmander, and StrongBad345 on Chikorita x 2. I've got two Cyndaquil from SR'ing, if it was still possible to trade online we should swap :p

Seems like there's been a lot of luck for 1/8192 shinies lately! Very nice :)

@doodlecloud: that drawing game sounds really fun and cute! Sometimes in the mornings my partner and I play this game where we come up with a description or a fact about a pokemon and the other person has to guess and draw it... she doesn't actually play the games much but has sucked up quite a lot of knowledge from listening to me so it can get quite funny from time to time!

I'm here for a little update, also to keep myself reminded of my own numbers before I forget, as I'm keeping track in my head only at the moment.
I've been having a hard time deciding on the fifth member of my HG BQ. Tentacool wasn't getting me too excited and I kept getting distracted by collecting apricorns and playing voltorb flip for a future Eevee hunt and Dratini as well. I've got about 21,000 coins at the moment so it's filling up quite well and I'm having a lot of fun with the game and winning on the higher levels more often than previously.

So I've been running around the region a lot, and noticed that route 36 is really perfect as a follow-up from route 35 seeing as Nidoran is equally abundant and there's no danger for repeat Drowzee, but a higher chance of Pidgey in the day-time (which I really want) and a slight chance of a Growlithe as well... Though I have one in Gen VI I really would not mind a repeat as it's such a cool shiny. This time though I don't want to trust compoundeyes sleep powder for security (that was my bet if I would've run into Abra on route 35 ..) so I got myself a gastly and have trained him up and taught him Mean Look, so I feel safe in that regard. I got lucky and got one with 31 IV in speed on the first try which is just what I was hoping for hehe. At the same time I'm still RE'ing for Tentacool on route 34, especially in the night time as I'm not super-keen on Hoothoot, and I've just started SR'ing for Dratini to mix things up. I'm also doing a bit of Bill's Eevee from time to time, though I'll probably not be doing that much from now on... so this is quite a diverse hunt at the moment!

Numbers: 1,005 total REs since Drowzee. 110 SRs for Eevee. 20 SRs for Dratini.
Sapphire/Ruby starter hunt: 2,500 total SRs.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially those with long and stubborn and slow hunts!

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I haven't done much hunting recently. I'm now at 7,364 REs on Route 33.

Good luck to everyone still hunting! Things have been busy, so sorry my posts aren't so interesting anymore, and that I'm not doing individual congratulations at the moment :(

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Congrats to Pluski on Magnemite, tonyg44x on Kangaskhan and Dratini, Ampharos_Spark on tentacool and Electrode, i2i on Octillery, Poliwhil x2 and Ferroseed, Cyberra on Sigiliyph, Munna, Whismur, Gothorita and Treecko Serpent222 on Sliggoo and Ponyta x2, DJX on Poliwag, Maldoror on Illumise, Girafarig and Drowzee, doodlecould on Wooper and Nidoran-F, *Murkrow on Ursaring and Gothorita, Syrrume on Throh, Lampent, Shuppet and Pumpkaboo, degausser on Dedenne (Sorry about Wingull), AmazingChi on Pumpkaboo, Scrufox86 on Feebas, SmartD on pumpkaboo, Martinzqx on Fletchling and Duskull x2, Lorde on Psyduck, Wobbanaut on Wingull, Sunkern and Bibarel, CPchris on Meditie and yet another machoke, Pokepro1992 on Magikarp, Tentacool, Feebass (amazing work) and Charmander and Shine on Noibat.
Sorry if I missed anyone.

Update for me is that I have been sick with the flu, so although I've had more time to hunt, I didn't have the motivation to hunt at all yestrday and today.
But I did manage to get Route Quest #3 complete on X a couple of days ago. A shiny Bidoof appeared on the 1510 RE! This quest is going much faster than I anticipated. Three 1/4096 shinies in approximately a week and just under 6k re's in total. Crazy!
As for my BQ's Snivy is up to 600 SR's and my sprout tower hunt has just hit 12K Re's or should I say 10000 Rattata's and 2000 Gastly :p
I would be a little bit annoyed that I haven't been able to progress in the story, but reading all these recent posts of other BQ's has really kept me motivated, So thank you :)

Now back to Bidoof! Yes, another shiny I didn't particularly want, has a terrible nature and IV's but I atleast have the best HM slave now.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/JgZumNb.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/3UMHLFb.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/8foATOK.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Qkk1BQc.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/2lJczIi.jpg[/IMG300]

EDIT: One question, is it possible for in-game trades to be shiny? There is a Farfetch'd I can get for trading Bunnelby in Santalune city. If it is possible I might save and SR for it?

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially Storm_Dragoon with that stubborn Mandibuzz! Just keep at it, we are all rooting for you.

Last edited:

Navarch

EDIT: One question, is it possible for in-game trades to be shiny? There is a Farfetch'd I can get for trading Bunnelby in Santalune city. If it is possible I might save and SR for it?

I'm almost certain you can't, since it's Nature is set, so that means everything else is set as well (I think).

DJX

Shiny hunter
I'm on my phone so im going to have to blank congrats everyone!!

Well for 2 days ive been trying to get shiny charm , so im keeping at it

I've decided i want a little blue tyrunt so currently MMing for it , quick question , is hatching boxs in luminouse faster or just picking up 6 eggs and staying by the daycare?

good luck for your hunts!

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Hey team!

Since Completing the community Hunt yesterday with my Pumpkaboo! I've been Chain fishing for a shiny Gyarados!

I'm pleased to at that whilst on my lunch at work I managed to nab the bugger! He took me by surprise as I encountered him after only 37 casts and about 5 minutes into my lunch ( had carried on after mu break earlier :))

He's a mild nature!

Congrats to everyone so far! And good luck to All!

Edit: Just got a Magmar in a fire Safari!!!
Lax natured and likes to thrash about!

Peace Y'all!

OMG SHINY EEVEE!!!

I've got to upload a photo of these bad boys!!

I can't believe I've caught 7 shinies in just 10 days !!

3 of which were today!!!! a Gyarados, A Magmar and my Eevee!!!!

Woohoo!! I'm not sure which eeveelution I want yet!! Haha! Amazing!!!!

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Pretty sure I'm at 30,000+ resets for Mewtwo... Why can't it just end already? I get a shiny Honedge in less than 24 hours, but 3 weeks for Mewtwo?
Another question: is it possible to hunt rayquaza in Emerald using Run Away instead of soft resetting? I do have soulsilver, too, but I haven't started it yet and it's a long haul through to get to rayquaza, and I'd still need to catch kyogre in emerald and send it forward in order to get the green orb at all.
I was doing this before. It IS possible, but I wish more people have heard about this. I feel for you; Emerald is the only game I have where Rayquaza's available.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Earlier today, I resumed doing SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt and did around 50-60 soft resets for that, which was mediocre progress sadly. I'll attempt to do at least another 50 soft resets by the end of the day however to keep yesterday's pace. But yeah, good luck to others on their Shiny hunts and congratulations on the new Shinies.

DJX

Shiny hunter
OMGG! so i was reading early pages of this , and riding around Luminouse tower and as i look down and watch the hatching...

A blue tyrunt appears! only 47 eggs! i dont even have the charm i decided to call him jaws being a t-rex and looking so blue like the shark :DD!!!! hmm what to go for next maybe my mudkip!

please can someone explain really quick how i can upload a photo or point me in the right direction i wanna share my awesome shinys with you guys!

Last edited:

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Congrats to Poképro1992 on Feebas, Magikarp, Tentacool and Charmander, Strongbad456 on Chikorita, syrrume on Pumpkaboo, Gyarados, Magmar and Eevee, maskofsanity1998 on Wailmer, Shine on Noibat, Cyberra on Treecko, jrmftw on Bidoof and DJX on Tyrunt!

Thanks for the good luck to Tina!

Another quick update post from me. Today I did 200 more SR's on Dratini, reaching 655 SR's/3275 seen on this hunt.

I did make very little progress on my MM Zorua hunt. I collected and hatched only five more eggs, but after that I decided I just wasn't in the mood form collecting eggs. I then just checked all 120 Zorua I hatched earlier on their IV's and took out those with desired competitive IVs. I released the majority of the Zorua though, but saved one filled box for WonderTrade.

please can someone explain really quick how i can upload a photo or point me in the right direction i wanna share my awesome shinys with you guys!

I just take a picture with my phone, which I then e-mail to myself. On my computer I resize the picture and upload it through a image hosting site. A few of them can be found in Serebii.Net Forums FAQ: http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item2

Good luck on the shiny hunts everyone!

Last edited:

TheMaster327

9,000 Rock Smash encounters and still zero sparkles. Makes me wonder if it's not possible to obtain a shiny via Rock Smash in HGSS...

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
I'm picking up my platinum BQ with my stunning shiny monferno to hunt at the valley windworks,hoping for Shellos or Buizel seeing as I'll be needing a surf pokemon,though a Shinx isn't bad either.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I was REing in an electric safari while running errands with my mother this morning, and while waiting in the car for her to finish loading cases of pop into the trunk I found a shiny luxio. I was in the process of weakening it when mom threw her purse into the car and managed to slam her $500 blackberry cell phone in the door. In my lunge across to open the door and retrieve it I must have hit the wrong attack to weaken luxio, because when I looked back down it had fainted :( When I finish in this steel safari I'll be going back to that electric safari in order to reclaim my golden luxio.

Virizion is at 2,550 SRs... I could have gotten to 2,700 but I felt lousy today so I decided to cut my hunting time short in order to sleep. I've hatched 90 eggs for feebas and am at 2,000 hordes in Connecting Cave, as well as 587 encounters in the steel safari.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Congratulations to everyone on their recent shines and good luck on future hunts especially Cyberra on finding that Golden Lion again.

So I decided for this months CH I'll go after Yanma on route 10 on my Y, no luck so far but did find a Shiny Nosepass.

You can't complain if do find some kind of Shiny, I'll report back when I find the Blue Dragonfly.

Shy

★★★★★
Wow its been so long since I've posted here! I finally got around to making a list of all my Shiny Pokemon and I just realized that my last Shiny was in AUGUST. That there is a solid month of no hunting. I'm just going to point the finger at life. It's life's fault for making me so busy and lose interest. And there may or may not have been a super addicting app called Clash of Clans that I've been hooked on the entire month. Eh-hem. No, no, but life really has been busy and still is for that matter. But for these past couple weeks I've slowly been working my way back into hunting. I really do miss it and this community. So for now I've narrowed it down to three hunts:

(Ruby) Mudkip: 7,400 SRs
(FireRed) Pikachu: 3,333 REs
(X) Growlithe: 0 Eggs (Community Hunt!?)

Best wishes!

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats to Poképro1992 on that Charmander, wow! jrmftw on Bidoof. syrrume on Magmar and Eevee. DJX on Tyrunt. And i2i on Nosepass.

Good luck to Solfatara on your Drownzee hunt, Eevee SR, and Dratini SR. Roseheart95 on your Route 33 hunt. jrmftw on Snivy and your Sprout Tower hunt. HUGE good luck to LilyValley on Mewtwo! Lorde on your Rayquaza SR. Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on your Dratini SR. TheMaster327 on your Rock Smash hunt, don’t give up! Shabadoo on your Platinum BQ. Cyberra on your Virizion SR. And Good luck to Shy on Mudkip, Pikachu, and Growlithe (!?).

@jrmftw, I’m almost certain you can’t, the PID and stats of story-mode trade Pokemon are all predetermined.

@Cyberra, sorry about that Luxio, good luck reclaiming the beauty!

Anyways, I have no shiny news again.
I did reach 2,010 eggs for Noibat though, PHEW. Its now my longest MM hunt, I'm not really frustrated with this hunt yet though, to be completely honest I'm gonna push it a bit more and see how long It can take.
For my BQs I reached 4,331 SRs for Archen on Black and 2,362 REs on Route 5 for White2.
I've been kinda grumpy today, me and a classmate are working on a project together for TOK thats due tomorrow and her job is to make the citations on easybib, but she keeps procrastinating! Hnnnngnk. I really don't want to make them myself since I already did my half of the job. Its going to take so long to cite everything, she used like 20 pictures for our presentation.
Edit: Well... I just received a text and looks like I'll be doing the citations after all, its almost 8PM though so I'll really have to leg it...

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

And, yeah, Tina, that's why I hate working with a group, as I'm usually the one who ends up doing the most work D:

Anyway, yesterday I made it up to 7,559 REs on Route 33, and went to bed far too late. Ah, well.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
After a bunch of chain breeding to get the right traits, I began to hunt for Koffing and am currently at around 30-40 eggs.