• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

After obtaining the shiny charm a few weeks ago I thought i would go after some shinies.

Just over 300 eggs later and I have a shiny Froaky. It had its HA although it's IVs and nature are not really desirable.

Think I'll go after a shiny Koffing next.

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Just caught a Golden Riolu after about 500 or so RE's and about 3 hours of searching after my Eevee!!

I have 9 Shinies now! 7 of which are from the Friend Safari!

It's careful natured and alert to sounds apparently :)!!
I'm running out of things to Hunt!!!

I think I'll be evolving them and raising them to be competitive regardless of there natures etc :)

Peace Y'all!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hello Everyone! Finally found the time to actually get a post here. I've gotten a few shinies since my last post a 5% Jynx in the HG/SS Ice Path and a Metapod in Ilex Forest. I found these while taking a break from my Chimchar hunt because its been driving me insane. I've done 7,000 SRs for it in Pearl and 8,400 SRs in Platinum with my only results being an uncatchable shiny Starly. Right now I'm REing in Route 12 for TheShinySaffichu's Harvest Festival which is an event where you hunt grass types for a week I will only be hunting 1 grass type. I'm @2123 REs hoping for Sunkern, this will probably be my last hunt before I finish Chimchar. Good Luck Everyone, May the odds be ever in your favor.
-GlassTheDragon

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone...long time no see, well, post...but I've been reading here a lot to up the motivation on my own hunt. :)

Lapras has gotten over 8,000 SR, then I stopped counting so maybe it's over 9K. Who knows! Lol, I know that I started this hunt back in June though. Been quite busy since. Now I'm starting to seriously get back into HGSS hunting, my main motivation is that I wanna see my shinies on Battle Revolution for the Wii.

On a side note, I found a few shinies on Y in the FS. One of which yesterday was a Shiny Ivysaur who is now a epic-yellow, EV-trained Venusaur BEAST with perfect Sp Atk. & Sp Def. Not bad! He was the third encounter in the grass FS, even though I spent 3 hours in a Dragon FS and found nothing before it. I have a love-hate relationship with Friend Safaris I swear.

Jealous of all the shinies posted ~ Keep it up everyone! Congrats & Good luck to all!

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
Oh my God Cyberra that's awful! I really do hope you reclaim that beauty,as for me I'm scared of getting a crit on whatever pops up at the windworks...

DJX

Shiny hunter
so i dont think i can post yet , it says im limited incase of forbiddon words??

Anyhow after hatching mudkip eggs and no luck and doing pokedex , dam u gts wanting a meloetta/diancie for a cherubi

I decided to chain fish at route 22 , sure enough after a chain of 21 i see the outline of sharpedo , and then it shone it was pink! then my ds battery went red and i proceeded to catch it with a dive ball before saving 3 times over xD

Congratulations on your recent shinys , and really feel for you cyberra hope u claim that fruitful shiny soon

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
Congratulations to everyone who got a shiny! Sorry it's a blanket congrats this time. Still no shiny for me, but I haven't hunted in a while. Just an update for now.

Chaining has been going okay. After training my False Swiper, I finally moved my hunt to route 216 to find a Snorunt, but it's hailing there and I can barely see the patches (at least it's not in the middle of that huge blizzard in route 217). I'll be going after the flashing patches anyway, however I think the most common way I'm breaking chains now is by mixing up the different flashing ones. :/ I also made yet another mistake of using a Drapion as said False Swipe user, and it's not nearly strong enough to reduce a Snorunt's HP to one in a single hit. I may send my Weavile over from HG and temporarily teach it False Swipe since it resists all of Snorunt's attacks AND is immune to hail.

Good luck to all who are looking for shinies!

EDIT:
Having finally got the freaking Shiny Charm (took waaaay too long), I was going to go for Umbreon, but I have no desire to do any sort of hunting at the moment. What do you guys do to keep motivated? My first MM a few months ago now was about 1,600 eggs, and I must say that is fairly depressing for a first MM, although I have seen worse...
I read this thread to keep motivated. XD I also keep thinking about how awesome the shiny will look when the work pays off. And yeah my first MM was 2,000 eggs without a shiny so that was pretty discouraging for me, but I won't give up.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Having finally got the freaking Shiny Charm (took waaaay too long), I was going to go for Umbreon, but I have no desire to do any sort of hunting at the moment. What do you guys do to keep motivated? My first MM a few months ago now was about 1,600 eggs, and I must say that is fairly depressing for a first MM, although I have seen worse...

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I did two hours RE'ing in the Pidgey/Hoothoot/Tropius FS before deciding that as much as I love shiny Tropius, I want a purely bird shiny team. So after looking at the options, I swapped to a Pidgey/Swanna FS. An hour in that and I was rewarded with a shiny Pidgey. :)

[img139]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/Hkrow/Shinies/P1040019_zps79867e18.jpg[/img139]

Got a critical capture with an Ultra Ball. May be the most useless critical capture I'll ever get!

And I just realised that I didn't take any other pictures besides the encounter. Go me. I'll upload some pictures next post, but Pidgey has a Relaxed nature, Tangled Feet as the ability and the IV judge rates her as is above average with the max IV's being in HP and SpDf.

I decided to stay in this FS and hope either Swanna shone or I found a better Pidgey. I completed my fifth hour earlier this evening with nothing and after going into my room for the night decided to do another hour as I wasn't that tired. 20 minutes in and a pink feathered Swanna appeared. :) Result!

(I took four encounter pictures but all of them look awful because of the moving camera and the Swanna model never stops flapping its wings. Not a good combination.)

I was a little worried about catching her due to the 45 catch rate and Roost/Aqua Ring. As it was, I used False Swipe; she used Roost. I swapped in Venusaur as she used Aqua Ring. Put her to sleep next turn, switched back to Farfetch'd, used False Swipe and then caught her on the first Heal Ball.

OT/ID. No./Keen Eye
Calm nature

Swanna is also above average wth max IV's in At and SpDf, and with low Spd.

Not that keen on Swanna's model after using her; it looks very off from behind. After all that, I may not end up using her anyway.

For the rest of my shiny bird team, Murkrow and Pidgeot are definitely in. :) I also want Noctowl but I may see if I can get a new FS with it as one of the default two to increase my chances of getting what I want. I've added somebody for Skarmory and hopefully will be added by somebody with a Doduo/Tranquil/Fletchinder FS.

Congrats on new shinies and good luck on the hunts and reclaims (ouch on that Luxio, Cyberra)!

Last edited:

_Edu

Shiny Hunter
Congrats, i2i on Nosepass; DY4DubSkiiz, Froakie; Syrrume, Riolu; Kingzard, Ivysaur (</3); DJX, Sharpedo; *,Murkrow, Tropius, Swanna & Pidgey; and everyone on the previous pages! :)

I finally got my shiny charm, so I went to the FS to try out my new "luck":

In less than 30 encounters I found a shiny Braixen! Then I switched FS and in 240 encounters I found a shiny Ivysaur although I forgot it has Take Down... you may already know what happened next. :(

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Returned to my horde hunting for a while last night, and after 2,065 hordes/10,325 pokemon seen, I found my THIRD shiny whismur. Getting more than a little annoyed with this. It's zubat or axew I want, not whismur. I have a shiny exploud already. This afternoon, while waiting for my friend to log in to xbox live, I went back to that electric safari and out popped a blue electrode. Another duplicate XP Have been trying to trade it for something but apparently the GTS is down; I've been getting error messages for hours.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This afternoon, I did several more SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza attempt; I did about 80 soft resets in total today along with at least 40 more from last night. I also plan on resuming my Shiny Oddish Masuda Method hunt tomorrow. Anyway, good luck to others on their Shiny hunts and also congratulations on the new Shinies.

Tigurtz

Decided to add my progress two my sig. Hatched two males today,
#710.3 Pumpkaboo_Huge [Sassy] (Insomnia)
IVs: 11 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 0
Stats at Lv.50: 124 / 86 / 90 / 61 / 82 / 41
He's somewhat vain.

#710.3 Pumpkaboo_Huge [Sassy] (Frisk)
IVs: 31 / 31 / 9 / 31 / 31 / 0
Stats at Lv.50: 134 / 86 / 79 / 64 / 82 / 41
He likes to thrash about!

Back when I was trying to fill out the dex in X I was trying to get a Heatran and offered a shiny Flabebe bc shinies are a popular grab there and I ended up with a shiny Heatrean (p cool and also my first shiny legend)
Offer up a shiny Malamar on GTS for another Heatran because I wanted a normal one this time-- end up getting another shiny one
Incredible

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to doodlecloud on Nidoran, Pokepro1992 on Tentacool and Magikarp and Feebas, StrongBad456 on Chikorita, maskofsanity1998 on Wailmer, Shine on Noibat, Cyberra on Treecko, Pokepro1992 on Charmander, jrmftw on Bidoof, DJX on Tyrunt, DY4DubSkiiz on Froakie, Tigurtz on both Pumpkaboo, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Tina, Razorbadger, doodlecloud, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark, Solfatara, and jrmftw :)

And thanks for the good luck, Sutittaja!

Welcome back, Shy!

-----------

I bought the new SSB on Friday and played it for a few minutes before hunting which is remains a priority over new games :p I was really pleased with the new suits for Samus, since they added in the Light Suit and Dark Samus, plus they kept the Dark Suit that I always played as on Brawl. On the downside, despite having a bunch of awesome colors for Charizard (Green, White, Blue, Purple, Pink), they didn’t have just a shiny form which seemed really dumb >.< The blue version looks a little shiny post-game, but in character selection/in-game, it looks really blue.

And that’s all I have to say about that for now :p

I did 400 REs on Friday and 300 REs on Saturday. I worked a double today, but still had enough time to hunt tonight. I got 200 REs done, and then it was between 11:15 and 11:20…And I decided I could get done another 100 before midnight. Which, yes, I did. However, I was surprised when on the last RE of the night (or in this case, headbutt), at 11:59, I hear an early sparkle on my HG and see a beautiful Shiny Aipom on my screen! It only took 3,500 HBs to appear, which seems quite generous for such a nice shiny!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/6sQlnUu.jpg?1?3040[/IMG200]

I was quite annoyed, however, with the fact that it was found so close to midnight, as even though I technically found it on the 5th, I didn’t catch it until the 6th…And on my shiny card, I’d really like to put the 5th, but I also want the dates to match on the info screen. Stupid info screen, it should only matter when I [I[found[/I] a pokemon I’m catching >_> But yeah…That really, really, really bothers me. And of course it’s a 45 catch rate, so it wouldn’t just be nice and stay in a pokeball right away (it actually took 40…Twice as many as the odds would suggest). I might just try to compromise and put both dates on the card…Luckily both dates are single digit, so it should fit.

Anyways, it’s female, modest nature (blegh), Sturdy body, and has the Run Away ability. Her IVs are: 8 – 25 – 25 – 15 – 18 – 4. Urg, 25 attack IVs with a Modest nature…But I think I’m still going to leave her unevolved, as that’s what I was thinking I’d likely do if I found an Aipom anyways. For sure though, if I find another Aipom, I’ll evolve it into Ambipom. She won’t be made useless though – I’ve given her the same HMs as I gave Furret, so I’m going to switch her up as my HMer, plus I gave her Headbutt so I can see her flash across my screen every encounter :)

So overall…HG BQ #12 complete, another ‘shiny hunting feat’ completed (finding a shiny on the last RE of the day), a wonderful new shiny in my collection, slightly annoyed by the dates, and so far October is off to a fantastic start – 3 shinies and only a week into the month. And tomorrow I’ll start phase 2 and HG BQ hunt #13 for Heracross!

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Keane, RaichuArcanine, Storm_Dragoon, Misjie, Flyingflygon13, eiger, pokemaster13, TheMaster327, LilyValley, maldoror, and Lunafloon)!

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratulations to: maldoror on Illumise & Girafarig & Drowzee, doodlecloud on Wooper & Nidoran F, *Murkrow on Ursaring & Gothorita & Pidgey & Swanna, syrrume on Troh & Lampent & Shuppet & Pumpkaboo & Gyarados & Magmar & Eevee & Riolu, Shine on Manectric & Emolga & Dedenne & Noibat, Cyberra on Munna & all the Whismurr & Larvesta & Gothorita & Treecko, degausser on Dedenne, AmazingChi on Pumpkaboo, Scrufox86 on Feebas, SmartD on Pumpkaboo, Martinzqx on Fletchling, Lorde on Psyduck, wobbanut on Wingull & Sunkern & Bibarel, Ampharos_Spark on Electrode, Cpchris on Meditite & Machoke & Aipom, serpent222 on both Ponyta, Poképro1992 on Feebas & Magikarp & Tentacool & Charmander, StrongBad456 on Chikorita, maskofsanity1998 on Wailmer, jrmftw on Bidoof, DJX on Tyrunt & Sharpedo, i2i on Nosepass, DY4DubSkiiz on Froakie, cocoadragon on Jynx & Metapod, Kingzard on Ivysaur, _Edu on Braixen, Tigurtz on both Pumpkaboo and anyone else I might have missed!

Sooo... I'm back with some shiny news! :D After 6,471 RE's in Slowpoke well, Slowpoke decided to shine for me! Caught him with a moon ball and named him Yora. He has a Serious nature and loves to eat with the ability Own tempo. I will be evolving him in a Slowbro since I like that evo better than Slowking. I will be leveling my pokémon now and then gonna battle gymleader Yasmine. After that I will decide where I want to hunt next for my shiny number 7 on this BQ.

Pictures:[spoil][img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ReddFoxy/Shiny/20141006_114127_zpszfhdxtei.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ReddFoxy/Shiny/20141006_114915_zpscmw4ggdy.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ReddFoxy/Shiny/20141006_114946_zps3clyucls.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

My Oshawott SR hunt stands at 719 SR's.

Good luck to: Terra Force, Keyblade_Cub, Roseheart95, Shadowkrow, RaichuArcanine, Nakashima, pokefreak2014, Keane, ChaoticInverse, Storm_Dragoon, Cpchris, FlyingFlygon13, TheMaster327, Solfatara, LillyValley, pokemaster13, Lorde, Tina, Crimson Penguin, Shy and anyone else who needs it!
And have a nice day!

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Good luck to Tina, Cpcrish, Typloshion_Hunter_Marker, Cyberra, LilyValley, Cyberra, TheMaster327 and everyine else to their hunts! Specially LilyValley for Mewtwo hunt and TheMaster327 for Rock Smash hunt!
Congratulations for everyone for new shinies!

Sorry about your loss, Cyberra...

While I was looking for shiny Seviper in Poison Safari, I came across shiny Muk. She has Stench ability, Timid nature and she is Mischievous. She is also holding Black Sludge, which is nice bonus. She has superior potential overall and perfect IV's in HP and Special Attack. My camera is out of charge right now, so I might add pictures later.

EDIT: OMG, second shiny Muk. Game really wants give me shiny Muk or two. This one has Impish nature Stench ability and perfect IV's in Attack and Special Attack.

Last edited:

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Hello all! I haven't been on here for about a year (yikes!) and it's been ages, so getting used to the game again isn't exactly easy.

I wasn't aware of the Shiny Charm; how effective is it, which methods does it affect and is it worth the time and effort getting?

My last shiny was a Woobat which is now a Swoobat and I caught it at Reflection Cave at lvl 22 and that was the 26th October 2013 (yes, aaaaages ago).

DJX

Shiny hunter
i Come bearing more sparkles!

so im feeling a bit under the weather , so i decided to get in to bed and watch latios and latias movie never saw it , spent the whole time searching in the electric safari , pachirusu , heliopitle , and galvantula , movie ended and nothing

so i put on a stream as i find watching someone else hunt keeps me movitated and after 30 -40 more RE a red shiny helioptile shines and its a stunning shiny
Careful nature which is horrible for him , and 2 ivs in attack and defence , so no good for anything except looking great , keep up the work guys.

EDIT Shiny druddigon !! Jolly nature with rough skin , i dont have the shiny charm , and i bag a shiny or two a day , i dont know if its worth putting in the amount of work im doing to get it :/

Last edited:

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone since my last post which was awhile back ago.

So far today I caught a shiny Maractus in the Friend Safari while checking out what they had in there. Two days ago, I was hatching my Spiritomb MM, and while I was on the plane ride to California to visit my brother it decided to hatch on the tenth egg, I am still hatching the rest of the eggs so who knows another one might show up. Five Days ago I hatched a Numel in a Luxray ball which I was very pleased with. A week ago I got Nosepass from a horde encounter, a Zubat, Plusle and another Psyduck. I believe I am going to hunt for a Inkay for the Community Hunt does anyone know what nature would be best for it and also its IV spread? Once again congrats to everyone and good luck.

Good Luck to everyone that is hunting!