• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

[img139]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah50/gchristises/Snapshot_20141025_3_zps7c511ae0.jpg[/img139]

Just caught my first Shiny in Pokemon Y. It's a Wingull, I got it from a Horde Encounter.

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
Thankful shout-out to (you'll know who you are.): Luna, Tina, Igor (YYyyees Mmassttteeeerrrrr!), Stormy, Sanity since 1998, & THE Penguin (go get Batman!).

Congrats and best wishes to other endeavors (Rayquaza is always hard, I don't have one either.).

Does anyone know what the fastest documented hunt on a Lati is? 4-1/2 months for me since this past June 1st. And I'm going for EXTREMESPEED Dratini now!

Also is there a video game terminology for completing all side-questing & tying up loose ends before moving on to the next area? Cause that's what I'm doing in my SoulSilver before even entering Digletts Cave. I'm going for shinies of all the stationaries (just Tyrogue next!) before that phase of the game. Then another goal is 50,000 coins to Voltorb Flip (on this US game.), all areas of Safari Zone cleaned out, POKEATHELON!, Shiny Leaf Crown, and finishing my Unown report. I can't really do the last one til I have Ho-oh.

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Shiny Mewtwo appeared. Finally, I'm free to look for Ho-oh and Groudon...

...But I had to use the Master Ball on it. I had to. I'm guessing it took 8-ish turns to lower its HP, and then I threw 40 Fast/Dusk Balls at it before launching the Master Ball.
This is what I was planning to use on Ho-oh. I don't have any more, and trying to would be a big hassle. I only have Groudon and Ho-oh left, but I don't have a sleep powder/spore/something on my team, and since the only legendaries left have 30 PP... what will I do? I wouldn't dare risk it.
Now I really need opinions. Should I go get Ho-oh and Groudon, take my chances? Because if something were to happen, it would be my first shiny lost.
Thank goodness it has Modest, and... A 30 in SPECIAL ATTACK AND SPEED.

serpent222

Shiny Mewtwo appeared. Finally, I'm free to look for Ho-oh and Groudon...

...But I had to use the Master Ball on it. I had to. I'm guessing it took 8-ish turns to lower its HP, and then I threw 40 Fast/Dusk Balls at it before launching the Master Ball.
This is what I was planning to use on Ho-oh. I don't have any more, and trying to would be a big hassle. I only have Groudon and Ho-oh left, but I don't have a sleep powder/spore/something on my team, and since the only legendaries left have 30 PP... what will I do? I wouldn't dare risk it.
Now I really need opinions. Should I go get Ho-oh and Groudon, take my chances? Because if something were to happen, it would be my first shiny lost.
Thank goodness it has Modest, and... A 30 in SPECIAL ATTACK AND SPEED.

You should probably take the time to train a team member that has a sleep power/spore kind of attack.

Pluski

Congratulations on all the new shinies! And thanks for the luck wishes, Tina and Solfatara.

I'm now at 2662 RE's at Route 43. It's going slow because I only work on this hunt during the night, as I don't want to risk a shiny Pidgeotto using whirlwind on me. Too bad mean look doesn't affect it...

Good luck to Tina, Solfatara and everyone else on your hunts!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on Flabebe and also to those who wished me luck!

I finally started working on my Chimchar hunt again, and today I reached 14,200 SRs for it. The hunt for Weedle is at ~3,200 REs. I've also decided on my next MM hunt in X, which will be for a shiny Honedge. I have no idea when I'll get around to that hunt, as these other hunts are my top priorities right now.

Congrats on all of the recent shinies and good luck on your hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm back in the fire safari looking for flechinder, and at 1,326 REs a second shiny growlithe appears. Community hunt complete x4! Still looking for that flechinder, though...

I snagged Pokemon Dream Radar from the nintendo eshop, and I've caught a couple nice pokemon in it. Including a female prankster riolu. I may send her forward to Y and breed for dream ball HA riolus. Also caught several munna, swablu, and drifloon. Once I get a female swablu I'll send her forward to breed me a dream ball shiny swablu.

Cerrik

So I spent the last hour chaining for a Misdreavus in Pearl, I finally hit 40 encounters, then used the radar a few times after to check for the shiny patch, I thought I saw one and then... Broke my chain. Stupid Cascoon.

Oh well, back to chaining.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Hello everyone! I decided to take the easy-ish way out and went a chained fished for a shiny with the old rod and went back to the route where you can get magikarp. I started fishing and I got to a chain of 15 and it broke so I started all over again and at a chain of 11 I got a shiny magikarp! This is for my shiny badgequest for my pokemon y! So I am happy that she decided to shine! Congrats to everyone since my last post and I wish everyone good luck *passes on some shiny luck*

I just realized community hunt complete x 4!

Last edited:

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
[img139]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/Hkrow/Shinies/P1040206_zps2b765694.jpg[/img139]

Pretty key! Pretty key that took a total of 6 and a half hours to find via Horde Hunting. But pretty key was worth it, even if I have no intention of actually using her.
One/Two

Before I encountered the pretty key, I found a shiny Foongus after about three hours hunting. Don't care about the Pokémon itself in any way, but I had one on my old file and, er, ran from one last week. So I guess it counts as a reclaim?
One/Two
Also, I thought this would count for the CH, but after checking the first post to be sure, I realised that my Woobats (one on the 15th, other two on the 16th) would count as well! So, community hunt complete x4.

After catching Klefki I switched to my new Steel FS with Skarmory/Magneton. Sunk a fair chunk of time into this hunt in only a couple of days because I really want a shiny Skarmory. It apparently was not meant to be.

Magneton One; Almost exactly two hours: One/Two
Above average, max Attack and Special Defence

Magneton Two: 3 and a half hours: One/Two
Relatively superior, max Defence and Special Defence

Magneton Three: Half an hour: One/Two
Relatively superior, max Special Defence and Speed

._.

Any of those would have worked as a Skarmory. They even had the right ability I want! I was originally planning on continuing on if I got a Skarmory with Keen Eye, but now I'm just going to be happy with whatever I get.

Off tomorrow so will get some more done then. I'm going to be looking for a new FS with Skarmory in it as well. I'm developing a fair chunk of hate for Magneton's stupid cry.

Congrats on new shinies and good luck everyone. :)

Beelogical

The Mad Knight
I randomly found a shiny klefki (careful nature) while finding out what was inside someone's friend safari. I was nice (imo) and gave it to my sister because she likes it as well. Congratz on getting one dude! I really like the color design on it :).

Last edited:

Razorbadger

Congrats to DJX on Sandile, Spiritomb and both Druddigon, Solfatara on Growlithe, doodlecloud on Eevee, umbreonfan3636 on Paras, Cyberra on Chingling, Joltik and Zubat, Cpchris on Spearow, Greedy Chibi on Axew, maldoror on Grimer, wobbanut on Liepard, Nosepass and Bellsprout (sorry about Petilil though), pokemaster13 on Flabebe, Milennin on Pidgey, Chibi_Muffin on Riolu, Scrufox86 on Binarcle, Storm_Dragoon on Ducklett, maskofsanity1998 on Weedle, Absolushun on Wingull, LilyValley on Mewtwo, *Murkrow on Klefki and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Solfatara for the congrats.

Thanks to maskofsanity1998, Solfatara, doodlecloud, Cpchris, Tina, Keane, Shy, Crimson Penguin and AquaRegisteel for the condolences on Pidgey. Seeing all of your wellwishes and luck really helped motivate me to continue this hunt :)

I AM SO HAPPY. PIDGEY CAME BACK, AND SHE EVOLVED BEFORE SHE DID. After 6191 REs I have a shiny Pidgeotto from Bond Bridge. She has a lonely nature, which is brilliant and to find my fourth shiny (if only the third I've caught) on the Sevii Islands in a row under the odds is incredible. As she came across the screen my first thought was "Huh, that's the only bit of shiny Pidgeotto that becomes gold?" before it hit me "Wait ... SHINY PTDGEOTTO." I since realised that the Pidgey line has Whirlwind (not really sure how I forgot) so I could have lost Pidgey even if I didn't faint it. This time I took proper precautions, Taunting it to ensure it couldn't Whirlwind if Hypnosis missed. Fortunately I then caught it first ball before it had chance to wake up and the taunt wear off.

Losing Pidgey made me more motivated to find another shiny and since I've consistently been doing over 1,000 Res a day and was at 891 for the day when Pidgeotto appeared. Now to get the eighth gym badge and beat the Elite Four to unlock the other four islands, starting with Icefall Cave on Four Island.

Thanks again to everyone that wished me luck reclaiming it and good luck hunting everyone :)

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Cyberra on Growlithe, Zubat, Chingling and Joltik, wobbanut on Liepard, Nosepass and Bellsprout (sorry about Petilil though!), pokemaster13 on Flabebe, ShinyGoogleplex on Latios, DJX on Druddigon x2 (though I guess having 3 dupes of a pokemon that doesn't evolve isn't very fun!), Milennin on Pidgey, Chibi_Muffin on Riolu, Scrufox86 on Binacle, Storm_Dragoon on Ducklett, oarfish on Pansear, maskofsanity1998 on Weedle and Meditite, Absolushun on Wingull, Lilyvalley on Mewtwo, Iwanuq on Magikarp, *Murkrow with Klefki, Foongus and Magneton x3 (though wishing you luck with Skarmory!), Razorbadger on Pidgeotto, and anyone else I missed!

2rsa that's really kind of you but unfortunately I don't have Cranidos yet! I see how confusing my sig is though - I'll probably go and change it. I've had to pause Cranidos at 19k cause I accidentally saved the fossil and I can't get another until I'm done with Eterna Forest in Diamond!

Thank you for the congrats Crimson Penguin, eiger and Storm_Dragoon!
Thank you Shy, Tina and Crimson Penguin for the luck!
Thank you for laptop condolences, Tina!

I'm now at 7,700 encounters in Eterna Forest, and hopefully I'll get to odds tonight (even though it will probably drag past midnight aha) I started today on 4,400 encounters... meaning I racked up 3,300 encounters today alone o_o I honestly hope I don't burn myself out! Surskit has gone nowhere.

Good luck to everyone, especially TheMaster327 with Lugia, eiger with Beldum, Tina with Archen, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark with Dratini, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Shadowkrow with your BQ, ChaoticInverse with Torchic and cocoadragon, pokemaster13 and RaichuArcanine with your Chimchars!

cryuel

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!! :)

I've just reached a strange point where I kind of don't have burning desire shiny targets and at the same time don't want to invest too much time MMing before the release of OrAs. So as a result I've been MMing for a shiny Weedle recently.

It's funny, I think it's the fastest Pokemon I've ever had to breed amongst my MM hunts and yet it somehow takes more energy to confirm that the offspring aren't shiny (due to the vaguely resembling hue of shiny vs. non-shiny Weedle as opposed to the toxic green of shiny Beedrils). Anyhow, as I continue to spontaneously breed for my shiny Weedle, I wanted to wish everyone good luck on their current shiny hunts~ :)

SO, after horde hunting a bit, I was able to find a shiny bellsprout on route 14- so CH COMPLETE even though the month is almost over....
good luck to everyone and congrats to: absolushun on wingul, Lilyvalley on newtwo!, cyberra on growlithe and pyroar, iwanuq on magicarp, *murkrow on klefki,and magneton, beelogical on klefki, and anyone I missed

and to razorbadger- great job getting that kinda reclaim! I love the pidgey evo line(duh) and good luck with the rest of that quest

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm so happy because someone gave me their extra code for the Shiny Gengar event distribution. I just redeemed it and I'm glad to finally have a Shiny Gengar for my collection; this is one Shiny that I may actually use on my Y team. Anyway, I did around 50 more SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt and I hatched 30 eggs for my Shiny Magby MM hunt tonight.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
The fire safari yields up another shiny, not the one I'm looking for but not quite a repeat, either. After 1,976 REs, a red-eyed female pyroar appears.

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture044_zps992cb394.jpg[/IMG139]

Yes, her name, like the male's, is a Lion King reference. She's mild-natured and miscievous, and her ability is Rivalry. I'll be keeping her, since I didn't have a shiny female pyroar.

My virizion hunt remains at 6,700 SRs for the weekend, and houndour is up to 220 eggs.

maldoror

The fire safari yields up another shiny, not the one I'm looking for but not quite a repeat, either. After 1,976 REs, a red-eyed female pyroar appears.

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture044_zps992cb394.jpg[/IMG139]

Yes, her name, like the male's, is a Lion King reference. She's mild-natured and miscievous, and her ability is Rivalry. I'll be keeping her, since I didn't have a shiny female pyroar.

My virizion hunt remains at 6,700 SRs for the weekend, and houndour is up to 220 eggs.

That is the same name I gave to my female Pyroar. I was specifically hunting for a female to use that name.

In my own news, I found yet another shiny Spheal. Three Pokemon in this ice safari; four shiny Spheal, no Cloyster or Bergmite.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

GrayFire503

Advanced Breeder
Dream shiny

FINALLY my shiny drought is over. Due to school and life in general I have not posted any shinys after I got my shiny Regirock. But finally I Have gotten one of my dream shinys. SHINY SHELLGON!!!! Salamence is one of my favorite pokemon and I wanted to get Salamence shiny even before its mega form came out. I got this one in a fs dragon with fraxure, shellgon, and sligoo. After getting 4 shiny fraxures I gave up, but today when I got back I get my shiny shellgon. Its lonely and takes plenty of siestas. It has 31 ivs in hp and sp defense. Not the best nature or ivs but I don't care. Next target Terrakion!

;371; ;372; ;373;