• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

GrayFire503

Advanced Breeder
So Much Win!!!

I took sometime off from hunting to deal with school and other things going on and yesterday I started mming for anorith because armaldo was my first holo foil cards from my collection, that I still have to this day in okay condition. Now after about maybe 40-50 eggs I got my Shiny Anorith! He is quiet and alert to sounds, man cant seem to get good natures nowadays can, but this really is a big achievement for me and I couldn't be happier. Good luck on all your hunts! Happy Hunting.

;347; ;348;

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their shiny pokes!

This morning before I went to work I thought I would do some horde encounters and I got a shiny gligar, then at lunch time I did some more and got a shiny weepinbell community hunt complete. I've been doing maybe about a couple hours of hunting each day for my pokemon y badgequest, hopefully something will decide to shine at route 7 :).Good luck to all those hunting!!

Edit Shiny Pansear from the FS so Community Hunt Complete again.

Edit 2 got a shiny Floette from the FS :)

Edit 3 Shiny Durant from a horde encounter.

Last edited:

Acdog

It turns out I hadn't caught every chain fishing shiny like I thought I had. I figured out (thanks to this thread) that there was one I missed. After an unbroken chain of about two hours, I finally captured Shiny Corphish with a Mild nature. With that, my chain fishing shiny dex is complete. (For real, this time).

serpent222

It turns out I hadn't caught every chain fishing shiny like I thought I had. I figured out (thanks to this thread) that there was one I missed. After an unbroken chain of about two hours, I finally captured Shiny Corphish with a Mild nature. With that, my chain fishing shiny dex is complete. (For real, this time).

That's fantastic. About how long did it take you in terms of hours? I've given up so many times trying for Dratini and Gorebyss.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I've started my first ever Badge Quest and I'm SRing for a starter on Soul Silver. :) I'm at 459 so far. My last attempt at SRing was Giratina in Platinum and I gave up when I hit 10,000.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Finally found some time to do some shiny hunting again. The Gamecorner man still won't give me a shiny Dratini though. This hunt is now up to 2450 SR's/12250 seen.

Congrats everybody on the recent shinies and good luck to those of you hunting!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hi ^^
Before anything else, Congratulation on all the new shinies everyone!
So, I finally started hunting for Latias. I'm @ 500 SRs at the moment. Did around 200 SRs today while watching Pokemon heros (While Latios? why? TT^TT).
Just found out Latias counts for this months CH. I haven't completed a single CH for a while now, So now I'm even more excited for this hunt. ^^
Good luck fellow hunters!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday afternoon and part of this morning, I did 90 more SRs in total for my Shiny Rayquaza attempt. Also this morning, I hatched 24 more Magby eggs for my Shiny Magby Masuda Method hunt that I had previously stored a few days ago. Also, congratulations on the new Shinies that various people have found lately.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to everyone with their recent shinies

I started another Friend Safari hunt yesterday in an attempt to find a shiny Inkay.

Though I didn't find one just yet, tonight I stumbled upon another beauty....A shiny Nuzleaf

A female nicknamed Tenga and has the Rash Nature.

Will check out her IV's once I've found a shiny Inkay

Last edited:

Ice Lock

Hello!
Congrats to everyone who has managed to get their shinies lately. For those who are still hunting keep going!

Well, this one was very unexpected. I was trying to help someone out with their HA pokemon since I had access to the pokemon he needed on my safari list. While looking inside the 7th Swalot I encountered was a shiny! Caught in a dive ball.

I'm going to have to start getting into shiny hunting for real after my teams are done.

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
720 eggs hatched and nada, zip, bupcas. time for round 4!
his is my second longest hunt ever as of now XD to be fair, its still about 2000 and a bit below my last hunt!

also, i finally got around to naming that sjiny chansey.

anyone remember dr. seus?

her name is...
AND HAM get it???cuz she's a green egg XD

Last edited:

TVDex

Jesus, I'm really having a bad time with this stubborn Charmander! At last count I was at 1050 eggs hatched on my X version. This is without the shiny charm. I'm afraid to count how many I bred and hatched today, I'm guessing at least 1300.

Anyone else have these incredibly unlucky MM hunts on X/Y?

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
I haven't hunted since the middle of October...I probably won't be able to hunt until I can find the time,I have many troubling matters to attend to and until I'm in a less worrisome state, I won't see much hunting. I'll see you all in another time! Good job and good luck!

serpent222

Jesus, I'm really having a bad time with this stubborn Charmander! At last count I was at 1050 eggs hatched on my X version. This is without the shiny charm. I'm afraid to count how many I bred and hatched today, I'm guessing at least 1300.

Anyone else have these incredibly unlucky MM hunts on X/Y?

For every successful MM I get, I generally have about 5 I give up on. My rule of thumb is to stop if I hit odds without a result. For my more determined projects, though, I have broken 1,000. It took my over 1,100 for 2, over 1,300 for another 2. And I've given up on hunts that broke 1,500.

TVDex

For every successful MM I get, I generally have about 5 I give up on. My rule of thumb is to stop if I hit odds without a result. For my more determined projects, though, I have broken 1,000. It took my over 1,100 for 2, over 1,300 for another 2. And I've given up on hunts that broke 1,500.

Well I ended up counting this morning just to see where I stand. 1485 eggs hatched as of last night. I went over the odds in my last hunt for Bulbasaur where I gave up at around 800 due to simply being too busy with life to continue. Now this hunt has me scratching my head.

Ditto is Japanese, the charmander I have in there was IV bred by me so it obviously should count for the Masuda Method. I'm just unlucky I suppose xD

I will not give up though, I really want a shiny Charmander!

serpent222

Well I ended up counting this morning just to see where I stand. 1485 eggs hatched as of last night. I went over the odds in my last hunt for Bulbasaur where I gave up at around 800 due to simply being too busy with life to continue. Now this hunt has me scratching my head.

Ditto is Japanese, the charmander I have in there was IV bred by me so it obviously should count for the Masuda Method. I'm just unlucky I suppose xD

I will not give up though, I really want a shiny Charmander!

All the luck int he world to you, my friend. Just remember, there's no feeling like when it finally happens!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

I haven't posted in a while, but I have been reading everyday. I have found a few shinies: Oddish, Azumarill, Cloyster, and Gothorita in the FS on Y. All but Azumarill were targets, so I'm pretty happy with that. This morning, on my White 2 where my Bouffalant hunt continues, I found another shiny Throh. This makes my sixth overall (fourth on White 2). I can no host an entire team of shiny Throhs.

My MM hunt of Oshawott continues and has passed 400 eggs.

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: maskofsanity1998 on Karrablast x2, *Murkrow on Scyther and Magmar, Luxy on Pumpkaboo and Chikorita, tonyg44x on Tangela and Meowth, Scrufox86 on Cranidos and Litleo, serpent222 on Growlithe, Mime Jr., and Charmeleon, Great Horned Owl on Swalot and Luvdisc, Supremacy on Ralts (good luck with a male one though!), Cyberra on Houndour and Fletchling, DJX on Fraxure, Archsage on Skrelp, CharlieDoryRose on Pumpkaboo, Ashrose on Fennekin, Gulpin, Bulbasaur, Sentret and Feebas (welcome to the thread!), Iwanuq on Weepinbell, Pansear, Floette, Durant, Foongus, Swablu x2, Spinda and Gligar, NintendoFan82 on Gyarados, Arcaten on Ninetales, Dangertrout on Cresselia and Torchic (I hope your health gets sorted asap!), Azulart on Ralts, Razorbadger on Swinub, TomoEGoto on Gurdurr, Chibi_Muffin on Staryu, GrayFire503 on Anorith, Acdog on Corphish, ZoRk on Vanillite and Exeggcute, Paraqua on Nuzleaf, maldoror on Oddish, Azumarill, Cloyster, Gothorita, and Throh, and to anyone else I missed!

Thank you Shy, Crimson Penguin, CpChris and Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark for the luck!
Thank you 2rsa for the thoughts! Really hoping I can get out of Eterna and hunt it again soon myself too c:

Now at 24,330 REs in Eterna Forest with no shines yet. I also started a new hunt in Platinum because I was sick of seeing the same pokemon all the time - it's a hunt where I hunt whatever is swarming each day wherever it's swarming! I'm sitting at 1,150 encounters for that and so far have hunted Zigzagoon, Snubbull, Larvitar and Cubone without any results. The swarm is in Eterna Forest today, so I'm just going to quad hunt on Pearl and Diamond when I get back from the therapists instead of doing anything for that hunt.

Good luck everyone, especially Lorde with Rayquaza, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, Shy with Mudkip, CpChris with Scyther, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark with Dratini, Tina with Archen, Shadowkrow with your BQ, TheMaster327 with Lugia, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, ChaoticInverse with Torchic, eiger with Beldum, and cocoadragon, RaichuArcanine and pokemaster13 with your Chimchars!