• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
I just wanna say you guys are all crazy, but without you there would be no shinies in Our world so thank you and good luck on your current and future hunts! Let em shine!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Congrats to Scrufox86 on litleo, GrayFire503 on anorith, Iwanuq on weepinbell, Durant, floette and pansear, Acdog on corphish and completion of challenge, ZoRk on vanillite and exeggute, Great Horned Owl on gulpin, maldoror on oddish/azumarill/cloyster/gotharita, and everyone else too!

Good luck to everyone who like me, continues to find them sneaky hinies!

Especially Keane, 2rsa, maldoror, and TVdex, d9ont quit, in b/w I had a hunt go over 3000, and I’ve heard of mm hat go waay more thanthat, no quitting!

Boxed 6 more eggs, gonna box 2 more and hatch

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Yes I missed Swablu, sorry. Shine will have to add that in sometime in the near future, please?

I just re-read my question and hadn't meant it to sound so accusatory! Sorry about that. And thanks Shine for adding those two in. :)

Here's the Magmar I found hunting for Fletchinder:
One/Two

Community hunt complete!

Fletchinder shone on Monday after encountering 640 of them!
One/Two
She's been EV trained in Special Attack and Speed and will be staying unevolved.

Community hunt complete x2!

After the confirmation that Swablu counts for the CH I decided to have a go yesterday. 5 minutes after starting, the route clouded over and 15 minutes after starting it started to rain. ._. I ended up swapping to Route 11 (no real reason, just decent shinies all round and I don't have any of them) for another 45 minutes. Later I trained Fletchinder up, thena while after that I couldn't sleep, so in the early morning I went back to Route 21 and the rain had stopped. I did an hours hunting and found a shiny Spinda.
One/Two/Amie

Community hunt complete x3!

Had another go today and found another Spinda after half an hour.
One/Two/Amie

Community hunt complete x4!

Huh. They both ended up being pretty similar to each other. I'm going to stick around here and hope Swablu shows up next. :)

Congrats on new shinies and good luck on the hunts!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to TomoEGoto on Gurdurr, Chibi_Muffin on Staryu, Scrufox86 on Litleo, GrayFire503 on Anorith, Iwanuq on Weepinbell, Pansear, Floette, and Durant, Acdog on Corphish, ZoRk on Vanillite and Exeggcute, Paraqua on Nuzleaf, Great Horned Owl on Swalot, maldoror on Oddish, Azumarill, Cloyster, Gothorita, and Throh, and *Murkrow on Magmar, Fletchinder, and Spinda!

Nothing has sparkled for me yet, unfortunately. I'm at ~9,100 REs in Virdian Forest right now, still hoping that Weedle shines next and not another Caterpie. Although, I would be happy with a Pikachu as well.

Good luck to you all on your hunts!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to ZoRk on Vanillite and Exeggcute, Paraqua on Nuzleaf, maldoror on Oddish, Azumarill, Cloyster, Gothorita and Throh, *Murkrow on Magmar, Fletchinder, Spinda #1 & #2 and to anyone else I might have missed! ^^

No news, But just a quick update. I'm @ SR #1,221 right now and Latias has yet to shine. I'm still pretty exited for this hunt and I'm really enjoying it. ^^

Good luck everyone! Specially TheShinyLunatone, Lorde, AquaRegisteel, Shy, Cpchris, Tina, TheMaster327, cocoadragon, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13 and Keane!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After 1,724 REs, my normal-type FS hunt bears fruit, and thankfully it wasn't another eevee. Instead, a green-eyed yorkie pup appears out of the grass! Community hunt complete x2!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture059_zps74618812.jpg[/IMG139]

Original name, I know XD;;; She's quirky and takes plenty of siestas, and her ability is PickUp. Which means she gets Sand Rush when she evolves. Oh well...

Virizion is up to 8,500 SRs; would be more but I've learned how to play crazy eights and have been playing that during lunch break instead of SR hunting. Deino is at 280 eggs.

Anyone else have these incredibly unlucky MM hunts on X/Y?

Some of my MMs, like honedge and male burmy, have gone over 1,800 eggs. Haven't quite broken 2,000 eggs yet, though

Last edited:

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Congratulations to Cyberra on Fletchling and Lillipup, Luxy on Chikorita, CharlieDoryRose on Pumpkaboo, *Murkrow on Magmar, Ashrose on Fennekin (that opening scene drove me nuts!), Gulpin, Bulbasaur, Sentret and Feebass, Iwanuq on Foongus, Swablu x2, Spinda, Gligar, Pansear, Floette and Durant, NintendoFan82 on Gyarados, Serpent222 on Growlithe, Mime Jr. and Charmeleon, Arcaten on Ninetales, Dangertrout on Cresselia and Torchic, Azulart on Ralts (a Shiny within 57 eggs is still great), Razorbadger on Swinub, TomoEGoto on Gurdurr, Chibi_Muffin on Staryu, Scrufox86 on Litleo, GrayFire503 on Anorith, Acdog on Corphish, ZoRk on Vanillite and Exeggcute , Paraqua on Nuzleaf, Great Horned Owl on Swalot, TheShinyLunatone on Chansey, Maldoror on Oddish, Azumarril, Cloyster, Githorita and Throh and everyone else on their shinies.
Sorry to the people I missed, there are too many pages since my last congrats, This already took me over an hour XD.

TVDex said:
Anyone else have these incredibly unlucky MM hunts on X/Y?
Almost every single MM on X/Y I have completed has been between 1000 and 1500 eggs and I've mostly MM'd for 10,000+ egg step Pokes. Just keep at it, it will shine :)
I often collect 5 eggs and then bike to Lumiose to hatch, hoping to find a random shiny in Route 5, I find it helps break up the monotony a bit. I found a scraggy and a Pancham doing this.

Well, Route 7 of my Pokemon X route quest has finally shined. After 6742 RE's and over 60 hours hunting, a Shiny Swirlix graced my screen! My first over odds shiny for this game which has previously been so lucky that I managed to net the previous 6 shinies combined within that RE count :)
Anyway, She is sassy natured with terrible IV's but I'm very happy to have a version exclusive shiny and also COMMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/gY74YJx.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/FWzlwja.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/KPgJcOW.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/5MXyrP2.jpg[/IMG300]

No progress on my HG BQ for the past couple of days, I'll get back into it again soon, just taking a break from all those Ratatta. But, I'm already 500 RE's into Connecting cave in X though. I already have multiples of the 4 Pokemon that shine there in Y, but I'm hoping for a Meditite, as I just love the shiny colours.

Good luck to everyone hunting. Especially TheMaster327, Keane, Lorde and anyone else that is experiencing stubborn shinies.

Last edited:

TVDex

Almost every single MM on X/Y I have completed has been between 1000 and 1500 eggs and I've mostly MM'd for 10,000+ egg step Pokes. Just keep at it, it will shine :)
I often collect 5 eggs and then bike to Lumiose to hatch, hoping to find a random shiny in Route 5, I find it helps break up the monotony a bit. I found a scraggy and a Pancham doing this.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad for you or feel relieved to hear I'm not alone xD Well thanks for the reply, gave me some hope!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm still working on searching for hidden ability pokemon in hordes, but I hit pay dirt last Thursday while I hunted on Route 5. While trying to HOPEFULLY get a volt absorb minun (I got one but ran away by accident), I managed to find a shiny gulpin. Not a favorite pokemon of mine, but I'll take it. It's female, lax nature, liquid ooze ability, and sturdy body.

Then while Route 7 was raining a few times this week, I took a break to do some chain fishing, and found a pair of shiny claunchers. One is female, naive nature, and often lost in thought. The other is male, calm nature, and very finicky.

So, community hunt complete!

Right now I'm on Route 11, so I've got my fingers crossed that I may find a shiny nidoran or starly while I'm searching for HA versions.

Nack Firestorm

Unlucky Dragon!
Due to a stream if bad luck, I took a break from my shiny whatever for most of the week. Now that I've returned, I'm not leaving my Safari until I have a Shiny Drifblim in my party.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to Scrufox86, AquaRegisteel, taufik386, cryuel, Storm_Dragoon, jrmftw, 9dragonbreed, Missingno. Master, LillyValley, Typhlox, TheShinyLunatone, Growlie19, PokePro1998, Shy, serpent222, umbreon3636, Keane, Cyberra, maldoror, DJX, Solfatara, doodlecloud, Cpchris, Greedy Chibi, *Murkrow, wobbanut, pokemaster13, ShinyGoogleplex, Milennin, Iwanuq, oarfish, maskofsanity1998, RazorBadger, GrayFire503, Zali Zali, Supremacy, Green Blockhead, Paraqua, Jeppo, Citizen Insane, Tsukuyomi56, nightmare408, Azulart, Crystagon, 2rsa, Acdog, NintendoFan82, Luxy, tonyg44x, Great Horned Owl, Archsage, CharlieDoryRose, Ashrose, Dangertrout, TomoEGoto, Chibi_Muffin, ZoRk, TheShinyLunatone and anyone else that I may have missed since my last shiny.

So I got one of my Halloween targets yesterday morning after I had breakfast and cleaned out my 3DS friend code list. I fired up my Y version and started hatching eggs for one of the Pokemon I was planning on hunting for Halloween. I didn't really get a chance to actually do much hunting on Halloween since my Grandmother passed away on the 24th and her funeral was on Halloween. So yesterday morning I had grabbed up five eggs from the daycare man and was bicycling up and down route 7 until I entered Connecting Cave and ended up cycling down to the far end of the cave by accident. Before I hit the wall the first egg started to hatch...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0583_zps6c4284ac.jpg[/IMG139]
A lovely purple pumpkin hatched from the first egg of the day! He's Impish with the ability Frisk and the egg moves Destiny Bond and Disable. His IVs are 31/2/31/31/31/31 and more pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Full 3DS Shot, Amie, Video. Now back to SRing for now and good luck with everyone's hunts!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Okay so I did 80 more soft resets for my ongoing and tedious Shiny Rayquaza hunt this afternoon. Last night I also hatched around 45 Magby eggs for my Shiny Magby Masuda Method hunt as well; I've sort of lost track of my grand total thus far tbh. Anyway, congrats to several people on their newest Shinies.

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Last edited:

Zali Zali

I love purple
So better late than never... quick thanks to Ampharos_Spark (congrats on the purple pumpkin!). Razorbadger, Cpchris, Keane, Tina, Crimson Penguin, DJX Apologies if I missed someone.
Congrats on the recent shinies everyone, too many to list since I've been back.
Currently working on my purple team, have been alternating eggs and safari for Lapras (I'm scared to MM again after Blitzle, supposedly the odds are the same as safari tho...) I feel like I need 2 hunts going, not sure what purple poke I should look for next!
Good luck all, may the odds be in your favour :D

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
19,600 now for Lugia. Just one night away from hitting 20k :(

At least Saturday is a day off, so can go crazy that day.

Lugia is a gorgeous shiny and I'm sure when he does shine for you it will be amazing. <3 Keep going!! And good luck!

Congratulations on *Murkrow, Cyberra, jrmftw, Ampharos_Spark (love that purple pumpkin) and TomoEGoto.

I'm still going on my SRs for a Johto starter. I wanna kick off my adventure already! Although I would prefer a little Chikorita I would happily take any that shine for me. I've done a couple of thousand SRs so far, which, considering you can check all three at once, is longer than I thought this one would take. I'm not finding it boring though, I'm just excited to see which one it will be!

serpent222

Congrats on all the shinies!

I'm super excited right now, as my last hunt is the most successful I've ever had! After 384 eggs (from the last parent, a total of 655 eggs hatched with the IV breeding and egg moves) My tentacool shined for me! She has a calm nature, as intended...and imagine my surprise when I found out she has 6 IVs! My first 6IV shiny!

[IMG139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/1107140649_zps1f78abaa.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/1107140758a_zps808136e7.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/pumpkin/1107140758b_zpsa5feb2cc.jpg[/IMG139]

This will be my Cthulhu, and will lead my Lovecraft themed shiny team in my next game.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hello everyone, congrats to LilyValley, *Murkrow, Razorbadger, Scrufox86, Zali Zali, umbreonfan3636, Supremacy, Green Blockhead, Paraqua, GrayFire503, Citizen Insane, nightmare408, Azulart, Typhlox, serpent222, tonyg44x, Luxy, CharlieDoryRose, Ashrose, Dangertrout, maldoror, jrmftw, Ampharos_Spark, TomoEGoto and anyone I missed on their new shinies.

Real life hasn't been all the best lately, between me getting sick again and my uncle being rushed to the hospital, hunting has been on the backburner.

I do have a few hunts going, mainly to get something for the Community Hunt. I've tried horde hunting, Friend Safari, breeding, but nothing to show for it CH wise. I did get a shiny Foongus from hordes, a shiny Dunsparce in a FS and a shiny Frogadier(with Protean and flawless HP/Speed) from another FS. None of these fit the CH though, and I won't bother with pictures.

Other than that, I've been hunting for another shiny in my Black 2 Badge Quest. I'm up to 2500 REs for that already, but nothing just yet. I'm not expecting a shiny any time soon, due to the reputation this game has :p. I've also picked up my shiny Tepig hunt again in another copy of Black 2. I've been after a sparkly piggy in this game since the Japanese release, I just don't have luck with it XD. I've long since forgotten my SR count for this thing, and I'm not even going to guess how long it is taking me. Seems like Black 2 has a reputation for taking ages to get a shiny, no matter what copy of the game I play.

Anyways, hoping to get something for the Community Hunt soon, so I'll see you guys next time.