• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Razorbadger

Congrats to Typhlox on Mudkip and Spinda, Paraqua on Sandile, Inkay and Goomy, Ashrose on Charmander, Psychic on Tentacool, Ampharos_Spark on Lugia, Azulart on Pidgey, pokefreak2014 on Scatterbug, Shadowkrow on Pichu and Shelmet, Storm_Dragoon on Zubat, Trevenant, Gulpin, Bunnelby and Skiddo, Cyberra on both Smeargle, maskofsanity1998 on Onix, Jeppo on Charmander, serpent222 on Snivy, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Dratini and Growlithe, Sparky Mc-S on Stunky and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Paraqua, Ashrose, Ampharos_Spark, TheShinyLunatone and Crimson Penguin for the congrats.

Well my Fire Red is at it again. Last night after 5368 REs a shiny Hoppip appeared at Memorial Pillar which means Community Hunt Complete x2 and that I am now 5/7ths of the way through my Sevii Islands hunt.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20141111_002609_zps00edb99c.jpg[/IMG139]

When I started this hunt just over a month ago I thought that there was no chance that I'd be done by the UK release of ORAS in two and a half weeks (I half expected to still be SRing for Moltres by now to be honest) and yet if the game continues to give me under odd hunts as it has been then I more than likely will be done before release, although I fully expect Six Island to go well over the odds now that I've said that.

Up next I've decided to hunt in the Pattern Bush. The initial idea of the Sevii Island hunt was to reclaim a long lost Gloom but on Six Island Oddish and Gloom are only available at the Water Path with an appearance rate of just 15% between them so I've decided that I can focus on the reclaim at a later date and hunt instead in Pattern Bush where there are various shinies that I would like, including two Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve when transferred up through the generations.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

MrConfusedTurkey

For those of who have X (I am assuming most of you here do!), I am getting my Moltres. When he stops moving, would I be able to SR for a shiny Moltres, or will he always be standard? Not sure how to Google this question, honestly, and I figured I would get more accurate responses here. Thanks!

Hasty

Moonside
For those of who have X (I am assuming most of you here do!), I am getting my Moltres. When he stops moving, would I be able to SR for a shiny Moltres, or will he always be standard? Not sure how to Google this question, honestly, and I figured I would get more accurate responses here. Thanks!

Every stationary Pokemon in X/Y (Snorlax, Kanto Legendary Birds, Mewtwo, etc) are shiny-locked. So, you can't SR for a Shiny one.

Edit: Or what serpent222 says, Idk exactly.^^

Last edited:

serpent222

As I understand it, your only chance for a shiny bird is if your FIRST roaming encounter has a shiny. This may just be a rumor.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
As I understand it, your only chance for a shiny bird is if your FIRST roaming encounter has a shiny. This may just be a rumor.

All the Birds are shiny locked in XY.
It doesn't matter which encounter. ..You can't get one.

Tagi

I havent been in here in ages - I went way above odds on my MM breeding project with charmander and it killed me a little bit. But I'm determined to get a shiny mareep before ORAS hits and I'm hunting in the area where wingull, miltank and tauros appear also so I might even finish a community hunt. I also think my second run through of ORAS will be a badge quest because torturing myself is fun.

Before I go though, congrats to everyone who succeded in their shiny hunts during my haitas!!.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I finished this month's community hunt!

My first hunt I've completed, with an autumn coloured shiny (green). It's no mareep, but I'll keep at it....I have to update my signature now heh.

Attachments

• wingull-e1415798034133.jpg
    wingull-e1415798034133.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
543 eggs later i got my shiny inkay, female, and also contrary.

(ok i just scrolled to the bottom to post this and i havent been in this thread forever. so congrats to everyone who are waaay more dedicated than me lol. /school eats time)

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, especially Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on your beautiful Growlithe and Storm_Dragoon, that is one gorgeously cute Skiddo!

My SS BQ still hasn't kicked off for me, I've been SRing every chance I get I'm not at work for the last week and a bit and nothing has shone for me yet. Hopefully something will come up soon, I'd like to get going on this a little before ORAS comes out at the end of the month.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Welp, it's been a while so a blanket congrats to the probable hundreds of shinies since my last post!

Been putting some effort into my Y Badgequest. (I skipped the starter as I already had Chespin and Fennekin and I'd rather a Protean Froakie), and well, 1 Badgequest hunt started, 1 odds reached, currently at 4111 RE.

Also have a Mudkip MM on the go at 310 eggs so far...

Good luck to all those hunting!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
And so another ORAS mega shiny hatched <3

sableye.gif
duskball.png
36 Eggs !
Bold - Keen eye (Why u no prankster?)
31/x/31/27/31/31
- Sucker punch
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Captivate

Sadly its not HA which is the main reason Sableye is usefull but meh, I can't be botherd to much.
Wasn't planning on using Sableye as my main mega anyway. But the ORAS shiny hunt is going great so far !
Got now: Beedril, Sableye, Ralts, Pidgeot, Steelix (Which I might rebreed again) next hunt is for Buneary in a Dream ball ! Wish me luck guys, and good luck to you all aswell !

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First off, congratulations to all the people who found new Shinies these past couple of days. Anyway, I personally did more than 100 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on my Ruby version yesterday, which was a great effort on my part tbh. I also hatched another 35 Magby eggs for my Shiny Magby MM hunt.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

So last weekend I was collecting some eggs that I put in my box (from previous MMs, I usually keep the parents in the daycare till I know I have hatched a shiny) anywho, I decided to hatch the leftovers and out popped a shiny Spiritomb, it took me by total surprise. And for awhile now I've been collecting eggs for a new hunt, which is Buneary, and last night I got my shiny Buneary, I'm still hatching the leftover eggs that were in my box so hopefully another one decides to shine but I don't mind if one doesn't, I'm still trying to decide what to hunt next, I think I will go for Mudkip, what's a good nature and IV spread for Mudkip?

Once again congrats and good luck to everyone!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
WIN_20141112_163529.jpg

took a break from \MM to trade vivillions, caught this in the friend safari :)

where is my head today?? congrats on all recemt shinies!!

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I am back with news! The 494th egg I hatched was a Shiny Flabébé! She's Calm natured, White Flower and in a Quick Ball. Perfect Atk, SpA and SpDef. This is my 60th shiny currently in Y, too. I'll be resetting for Tornadus after leveling up Flabébé.

Shy

★★★★★
Update: Phase 3 Mudkip - 4,000 SR (12,522 Total), Johto Starters - 3,000 SR (9,000 Seen)

No sparkles yet. I really hope something shines soon! I'm a mere few hundred away from breaking my longest Johto starter hunt which shined at SR 3,310.

Thank you Crimson Penguin for the good luck! Good luck with your hunts!

Congratulations everyone! Especially Maldoror on Throh, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Growlithe (You deserved it after that long Dratini hunt!), Razorbadger on Hoppip, Kacho on Inkay, Azulart on Sableye, Iwanug on Spiritomb and Buneary (!), and LilyValley on Flabebe.

Good luck everyone! Especially to those with hunts over odds.

Drakonekoshi

I had really odd morning, it's too bad the rest of my day turned out to be bad

this morning I tried chaining for Weedle again, after resetting over and over again a shiny Pansear suddenly appeared! this is one of the few times I accidentally got a shiny, so I was really happy, after catching him I chained my shiny Weedle, it appeared after a chain of 30-31 with the upbeat music playing~

congrats on all of the shinies and good luck to those still hunting!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to Sparky Mc-S on Stunky, maldoror on Grumpig, Dwebble, and Throh, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Growlithe, Drakonekoshi on Pumpkaboo, Pansear, and Weedle, Razorbadger on Hoppip, Tagi on Wingull, Kacho on Inkay, Azulart on Sableye, Iwanuq on Spiritomb and Buneary, TheShinyLunatone on Vivillon, and LilyValley on Flabebe!

I've just got an update on my hunts: Chimchar is at 15,500 SRs, Weedle is at ~10,700 REs, and Snivy is at 750 SRs. I got a lot more hunting done than I thought I would in the past two days, but still no shiny. Hopefully I can snag at least one more before OR/AS are released.

Good luck on all of your hunts!

TheMaster327

So, I couldn't get 1,600 in yesterday like I wanted. But I did manage 1,550, which brings Lugia to 25,050. So I'm over 3x the odds :(