• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TVDex

Recently decided to put my Charmander hunt on hold after hitting the 2k mark. For now, my friend Sara and I are going through a soft reset race to see who can get a shiny starter as well as all the non roaming legendaries in their shiny forms on Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I've been streaming my end of it every night on Twitch and last night I got my shiny Totodile live! I put it on youtube too! I warn you guys, I got super excited so lower your volume!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXE90qkKHJk&list=UUNfT_HxCN5-PTD0BNrE2dAg

If anyone wants to come check out the stream, drop me a PM. Also I hope this isn't breaking any rules, if it is then I apologize and will remove the link if asked to do so.

serpent222

Recently decided to put my Charmander hunt on hold after hitting the 2k mark. For now, my friend Sara and I are going through a soft reset race to see who can get a shiny starter as well as all the non roaming legendaries in their shiny forms on Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I've been streaming my end of it every night on Twitch and last night I got my shiny Totodile live! I put it on youtube too! I warn you guys, I got super excited so lower your volume!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXE90qkKHJk&list=UUNfT_HxCN5-PTD0BNrE2dAg

If anyone wants to come check out the stream, drop me a PM. Also I hope this isn't breaking any rules, if it is then I apologize and will remove the link if asked to do so.

I love your reaction. Pretty much just like mine.

Tagi

So I continued my hunt for mareep:

mareep-e1415887169277.jpg

Within about two hours so not a long wait at all.

Since I hit my goal so quickly I went to try hunt in a friend safari. Of course I picked a ghost one, of course I forgot false swipe is a normal move and of course I didn't have any appropriately leveled pokemon with me.

My reaction when shiny shuppet appeared went something like:

"WOOOO! Oh ye-......hang on......ohhhhhhh"

I then proceeded to accidentally faint it.

I already got my shiny mareep (and wingull) so can't be too upset though heh.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

While breeding for a Riolu in a Dive Ball for my ORAS team on my japanese Y, I hatched my third shiny Riolu. I was rather surprised as I wasn't hunting for one (I already have one with good IVs). My new shiny one has a Jolly nature and Steadfast for his ability. He only has 3 max IVs, in special attack, special defence and speed which, considering the mother Lucario had 1 max IV, is pretty good. It is a Masuda Method shiny as I was using my 6IV english Smeargle and a japanese Lucario.

I'm going to put off actively hunting for shiny Pokemon until ORAS get released (28th for me). My first target for ORAS is going to be a Rapidash in a Moon Ball.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts, especially TheMaster327 on their stubborn Lugia.

Hey guys! Its been a looong looong while since I have posted on here. I have gotten numerous shinies since my last post and am currently working on MMing Buneary. However, I'm sure most have you have seen the corocoro leaks but if not, I will be very general in my wording of my question....

Do you guys think that the Pokemon in the leaks will be able to be SR'd for or do you think that they will have a shiny lock on them like the XY legends? I for one am eyeing one pokemon in particular to SR if they are not shiny locked. ;)

Welcome back :)

I really think the Pokemon will be shiny locked but I hope not though as there's one in particular I'm desperate to have shiny too. If they can be shiny, it'll be my first SR target. I really don't see the point in the shiny locking the legendaries, it's unfair to those who want to get them legit.

Last edited:

serpent222

So I continued my hunt for mareep:

View attachment 13726

Within about two hours so not a long wait at all.

Since I hit my goal so quickly I went to try hunt in a friend safari. Of course I picked a ghost one, of course I forgot false swipe is a normal move and of course I didn't have any appropriately leveled pokemon with me.

My reaction when shiny shuppet appeared went something like:

"WOOOO! Oh ye-......hang on......ohhhhhhh"

I then proceeded to accidentally faint it.

I already got my shiny mareep (and wingull) so can't be too upset though heh.

That's why quick balls are a godsend in that game. So many shinies caught with one for me.

TVDex

I actually feel very bad about this, especially for TVDex.

I wasn't actually shiny hunting. I received an Adamant Charmander through Wondertrade and figured I'd try and get a decent Modest Charmander, as I've recently acquired Charizardite Y. After hatching the fifth egg, a shiny Charmander hatched!

[img139]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag205/JK_91/b133bdfb-f578-46cb-bf8d-43009d3b21e9_zps4c8ac15b.jpg[/img139]

I'm very sorry TVDex! I hope it shines for you real soon!

I backtracked a bit to see what I missed and I found your post. No need to be sorry! I am not the jealous type, congrats on your shiny Charmander! Maybe I will get mine before ORAS xD

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Its been a looong looong while since I have posted on here. I have gotten numerous shinies since my last post and am currently working on MMing Buneary. However, I'm sure most have you have seen the corocoro leaks but if not, I will be very general in my wording of my question....

Do you guys think that the Pokemon in the leaks will be able to be SR'd for or do you think that they will have a shiny lock on them like the XY legends? I for one am eyeing one pokemon in particular to SR if they are not shiny locked. ;)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, they have demonstrated that they damn well know how to use shiny locks on legendaries. I would assume they will ALL be locked, but I really hope they aren't. I suppose the best that will happen is that they'll lock the weather legendaries, but the Mirage Spot Pokémon won't be. Hopefully that's the case.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
@KittyKitty3308 There is going to be a huge amount of Legendaries in ORAS. So many, that it would seem extreme to put shiny locks on all of them. This won't guarantee anything, but it won't be long. Give it a while and people will reset and find out.

On another note, I can't seem to keep my focus on resetting for Tornadus right now. Since it is confirmed for ORAS, maybe I should put it off again.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Maaaan. I sure hope there's no shiny lock cuz there is a pokémon up in space that I would love to get a shiny of. ;)

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I'm assuming they'll all be locked as well. The Kanto trio/Mewtwo being locked in XY isn't a promising sign, although given that Snorlax was also locked, then I guess there is a minute chance that they messed up. :-/

I guess it just depends entirely on why they've started shiny locking things. Story reasons? Just because they can? If they've decided shiny legendaries as a whole don't make sense then we're out of luck, but I do agree with AquaRegisteel that if anything, the things in the Mirage Spots will have the best chance of being SR'able. They're clearly not appearing naturally so maybe whatever ingame explanation is given for the Spots, maybe it'd also accommodate the legends very rarely showing up as a different colour.

Anyway, after encountering 1765 of the little things, I found my shiny Vullaby.

[img139]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff320/Hkrow/Shinies/P1040268_zps027c27c0.jpg[/img139]

She got Overcoat as her ability, Timid nature, with max HP and Speed. I EV trained her in 252HP/252DF/6SPDF.

One/Two

Shiny Sandile's six and seven had appeared after 1587 and 1740 Vullaby respectively. Haha. Needless to say, having her shine so soon after the seventh Sandile was nice!

I thought I'd be burnt out on shiny hunting, but apparently not. While waiting to be added back for a Bug FS with Beautifly in it, I decided to have a go at SR'ing a shiny Archen. Hasty Jynx had traded me two Plume Fossils a couple of days ago, and I really could not be bothered going and getting more so I've just been reviving those. So far I've done 700 SR's, so 1400 Archen revived total. Over the Shiny Charm odds. Ehehe. I may do some more tonight.

Congrats on new shinies. :) Good luck to everyone, but especially TheMaster327. You deserve to get good IV's on Lugia when it decides to show up!

Scrufox86

Hello all. Been a while since my last post but I did get shortly after my first shiny Litleo... another shiny Litleo! in the last few eggs so community hunt complete X2!.

Anyway congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratulation on the recent shinies to the lucky hunters out there! ^^
I'm very sorry it had to be another blanket congratulation this time.

I've put my shiny Latias hunt on hold right now. I'm not tiered of this hunt though, And I'll continue it at some point. ^^
In the meanwhile I decided to hunt for a competitive shiny Houndour in moonball using the 6IVed female one Cyberra was nice enough to trade me (Thanks again ^w^). The 66th egg gave me this beauty:
http://postimg.org/image/nv9m14trf/
As you can see unfortunately he's missing the S.att stat which is sad. So I decided to get another one ad hopefully nextone will be a competitive one. If it wouldn't be competitive I won't hatch more though. So I'm really hoping I'll get a good one, And hopefully female cause I have the best nickname for her! XD

Good luck everyone! ^^

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Hunting in a friend safari for a shiny Sandile atm...it's good to be back after after a couple months' of absence

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had some luck shiny hunting this week. While quad hunting the other night, I was fortunate to look up in time to find a shiny lillipup in White 2. That thing is NOT an obvious shiny. Anyway, she's female, pickup ability, naughty nature, and often dozes off.

Then today, I decided to do some chain fishing today (mostly because PokeRadar continues to thumb its nose at me) and fished up a shiny magickarp. :D I've had two shiny gyarados on HG and SS, but this is my first magickarp, so it's the first one I'll count. It's male, modest nature, and mischievous.

Plus, I was happy to find out today that at least my continuing failure in PokeRadar gave me one good thing, in sixth gen: Pokerus! :D Yay to whichever pachirisu, slowpoke, or chatot gave it to my pokemon. Since I haven't figured out how to trade pokemon over yet I was worried the virus wouldn't make it into sixth gen, but at least now it's not a worry.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to Azulart, pokefreak2014, Shadowkrow, Storm_Dragoon, Cyberra, Paraqua, maskofsanity1998, NintendoFan82, Jeppo, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark, *Murkrow, Sparky Mc-S, maldoror, Drakonekoshi, Razorbadger, Tagi, Iwanuq, TheShinyLunatone, LillyValley, TVDex, Greedy Chibi, Scrufox86, ZoRk (Too bad about the Geodude though), 2rsa and wobbanut.

Thanks to all who congratulated me and complimented my picture! Good luck to those hunting especially TheMaster327 and anyone else who's been after their targets for a while!

So I'm back again with yet another shiny courtesy of my SoulSilver. Yesterday I challenged the Elite Four and beat them (recording the battles for YouTube), rode the S.S Aqua to Kanto, found the machine part to fix the generator, KOed Snorlax (It'll re-spawn if I go and beat the E4 again anyway), went to Pewter City and got the Rainbow Wing. Today after coming home from a long nine hours at the animal shelter, I uploaded my Elite Four battles to YouTube and turned on my 3DS. I decided what to hunt, pulled out Staryu from the PC and started running around in the grass. I eventually decided to switch areas since the three routes (16/17/18) have the same Pokemon except at night. So I decided to go to route 16 instead so I'd have a chance at Murkrow at night. So a couple of hours pass and I was thinking about playing Tales Of Symphonia since I love that game and haven't played it in a long time. I was looking through my Tales Of Symphonia art book when I looked down at my 3DS and saw something light green scroll across the screen and sparkle...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0608_zps59e9dc59.jpg[/IMG139]
My primary target on this route, shiny Grimer! I decided to go for Grimer since I already have a shiny Trubbish and a shiny Koffing so why not complete the trio (land pollution, air pollution and water pollution)? So... pollution trio complete...yay? Catching it wasn't difficult although, it was smart enough to use disable on Raticate's Super Fang which prevented me from lowering it's HP past half. Her IVs are 26/16/16/14/13/31 and more pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Full 3DS Shot, Sparkles, Overworld, Video. Now to beat Brock and go for my next target.

Oh yeah, I guess this also means community hunt complete!

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
Well....nothing still, I decided to keep my HG BQ going because it's fun when you're not focussing on JUST platinum. Anyway, in the case of the windworks still nothing, my hopes rest on a golden Buizel but shiny west Shellos will do just fine....in short, anything but a godforsaken Pachirisu! Anyway, with Slowpoke Well I'm hoping for a Zubat, I don't mind a Slowpoke though. And if you've noticed I don't count my RE numbers and my excuse is: I go offa time more than numbers, and not counting the days I didn't hunt I've been at it for about a month now....
Good luck to those hunting, most importantly ones hunting a stubborn pokemon.
Congrats to those who actually found a shiny and may other hunts be just as fruitful!
And finally, not getting OR until Xmas so I may possibly kinda probably get irritated with all the buzz about it...And somebody get me get me back on X....It's been a month xD

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Yay! I has my birthday shiny! Shiny Skitty!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0-L4NFgME&list=UUpkXpSiU1Ti8FGiH2_r21eQ
I thought I wasn't going to notice the difference off the bat, but while watching a theory video on a video game, I happened to look down to my 3DS and seen it.
It's female, 5 IV (missing speed), and just too darn adorable.

OH! Since today is my birthday, as before I has asked Arceus to bestow all my shiny hunting brethren a better luck at finding shinies. Enjoy ;)

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!

After almost two weeks of non-stop SRing (I don't even know how many thousands of starters I saw) I FINALLY look down to scroll over to a BEAUTIFUL golden Cyndaquil! He's a gorgeous little boy, Quirky natured and he hates to lose. I love him. I've never successfully SRed for a Pokemon before (I hunted for Giratina years ago, gave up at 10,000) and I'm so, so excited to battle and get to know him. Anyway here are some pictures:

EScRPdE.jpg

UsntDWz.jpg

I guess I can say ;155; ;155; COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!! ;155; ;155;