• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Sorry that I have posted a tad too frequently now (However, it's midnight where I am). I forgot to say this about Tornadus, Community Hunt Complete.
Now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Dratini and it's already giving me trouble. I didn't have the correct nature, so I had to go through 3 Shed Skin Adamant (Normal, no shiny Dratini yet) ones before starting on IVs.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies, yesterday I took a break from breeding/hatching mudkip a and I decided to do some horde hunting, the first poke I got was a shiny no nidoran male, then I decided to go into the reflection cave and hunt, then got a shiny mime jr. I moved onto a different spot next to try going for a shiny tailow and got a shiny zangoose, after that I went to the route where murkrow is and got a shiny murkrow. Today I decided to do some horde hunting again starting again for a taillow and got another shiny zangoose, then I decided to try for a Tauros or milktank and got a shiny mareep.

Congrats again to everyone and good luck to all!

MrConfusedTurkey

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies, yesterday I took a break from breeding/hatching mudkip a and I decided to do some horde hunting, the first poke I got was a shiny no nidoran male, then I decided to go into the reflection cave and hunt, then got a shiny mime jr. I moved onto a different spot next to try going for a shiny tailow and got a shiny zangoose, after that I went to the route where murkrow is and got a shiny murkrow. Today I decided to do some horde hunting again starting again for a taillow and got another shiny zangoose, then I decided to try for a Tauros or milktank and got a shiny mareep.

Congrats again to everyone and good luck to all!

That is some serious luck, congrats!

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
As I live in Europe and GF decided to punish us for some reason, I will be continuing my BQ on SS until I can get my hands on that lovely blue box. So far I've played enough Voltorb Flip to get enough coins for 5 Abra, and I'm soft resetting for a shiny one. I hope I get one by next Friday, although as soon as I can get Alpha Sapphire I'll be putting my Badge Quest on hold.

TVDex

I managed to get up to 1475 SRs on my stream for the shiny Eevee! Been streaming for about 9 days in a row now and I found 2 shinys on stream and got more followers than I expected to! Even had a popular shiny hunter on youtube follow me! It really makes shiny hunting a lot easier when you have a chat to keep you company and motivated. Hopefully I'll get my shiny Eevee on todays stream while I wait for the pesky mail man to bring me my copy of ORAS.

umbreonfan3636

Only got in another 50 or so REs last night in Ice Cave, so ~4050 REs in total.

I'm interested to see whether the starters in OR/AS show up as shiny when you try to pick them similar to HG/SS. If so, I think I'm going to SR for my starter when I get the game.

Good luck everyone!

cryuel

Only got in another 50 or so REs last night in Ice Cave, so ~4050 REs in total.

I'm interested to see whether the starters in OR/AS show up as shiny when you try to pick them similar to HG/SS. If so, I think I'm going to SR for my starter when I get the game.

Good luck everyone!

There's apparently a person on Youtube who got a shiny Treeko after 2 SRs. Unfortunately they don't show or comment on the selection screen for us to find out. Maybe someone with a YouTube account could ask in the comments? ^^

xKatie0391

There's apparently a person on Youtube who got a shiny Treeko after 2 SRs. Unfortunately they don't show or comment on the selection screen for us to find out. Maybe someone with a YouTube account could ask in the comments? ^^
I saw a shiny Treecko video on Youtube that did show the selection; it's the same as the originals, you have to send them into battle to find out if they're shiny unfortunately

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I saw a shiny Treecko video on Youtube that did show the selection; it's the same as the originals, you have to send them into battle to find out if they're shiny unfortunately

Unfortunately? Even without the shiny appearing on the selection screen its still pretty fast SRs since you go straight into battle. I'm glad they kept it the same, I was worried they would make it longer lol.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have to admit, I'm really excited about the fact that legendarys may not be shiny locked in these games. Hopefully it turns out true! Sadly I won't be able to get the game today, but that gives me a lil more time to focus on Ralts. I have hatched 140 eggs for round 4 so far, hopefully dream Ralts hatches soon. :]

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone.

Omega Sapphire

Unfortunately? Even without the shiny appearing on the selection screen its still pretty fast SRs since you go straight into battle. I'm glad they kept it the same, I was worried they would make it longer lol.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have to admit, I'm really excited about the fact that legendarys may not be shiny locked in these games. Hopefully it turns out true! Sadly I won't be able to get the game today, but that gives me a lil more time to focus on Ralts. I have hatched 140 eggs for round 4 so far, hopefully dream Ralts hatches soon. :]

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone.

If legenaries aren't shiny locked I might seriously have to go for Shiny Reshiram. I love the purple on it so much and I am very angry that Shiny Kyurem-W doesn't have purple on it like Reshiram. Shiny Kyurem-B kept Shiny Zekrom's green lightning!

I traded over a Illumise (shiny!) from X/Y into Omega Ruby. It is my lucky Sweet Scenter. I am going to find 100 Pokemon on every route (20 hoards) in hopes of finding a shiny. Ruby was my luckiest game with shinies ever and I hope it holds true for Omega Ruby.

cryuel

Would you be able to provide the video link as reference? I can't seem to find any other than the one I mentioned. :/

Last edited:

Shy

★★★★★
Okay so I just got done watching a couple ORAS videos of Shiny Mudkip and Treecko being SRed. I'm inclined to believe that the shiny odds are the same as in X/Y? Even though the odds aren't 1/8,192 I'm relieved that they didn't add on extra dialogue. You can just save in front of the bag and begin your SR hunt. I'm feeling extremely motivated just by watching these videos! I can't wait to get my own copy (Whenever that will be). To those that have the game and are starting up new hunts I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your ORAS shinies being posted here!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well with ORAS out, I will probably freeze on using X/Y for awhile. Still no idea what to name Pawniard. Congrats to everyone on your shinies. I am sorry for the blanket congratulations.

Pluski

Congratulations on all new shinies!

I've started breeding shinies for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, starting with Mudkip. While trying to get a 6 IV Mudkip to breed with, I got a shiny one on the 57th egg.

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/Z6Ghvlz.jpg[/IMG139]
My phone camera wouldn't show the purple color, so I had to use Photo Booth to take it.

It has a Modest nature (because I use Surf and Ice Beam a lot on Swampert), and it's IV's are 31 in all stats except Special Defense. I'm quite satisfied with this actually, but I'll breed two more so that I'll have the entire line. Then I might go over to breeding Torchic.

No shiny news on my Badge Quest though. It has reached 8860 RE's on Route 43 at the moment, and the progress is likely to go slowly now that I only have a week to breed a lot for the upcoming games.

Good luck to everyone, especially those with Badge Quests!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I continued working on my Shiny Rayquaza SR hunt on Ruby version and I did 60 more soft resets for it yesterday afternoon after work. Also this morning before starting OR, I hatched around 35 Magby eggs for my Masuda Method attempt. But yeah, congrats to people who have new Shinies and good luck to others.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
It will take a while before I get OR or AS (still haven't made my choice X.X). At least until the EU release, but probably even longer since I'm going into a very busy period. Having to do some important college assignments, having some important matches coming up and on top of that I'm moving out of my parents house into my own little apartment, but there's a lot of work to be done. This all means that my shiny hunting will be on a hold for a while. Maybe doing some work on my HG BQ in the few spare hours I'll have.

I'm also still contemplating if I will soft reset for my starter in ORAS. I picked Torchic in my original sapphire playthrough, but over the years my preference has changed to Treecko and Mudkip. I love the shiny forms of both, so I'd love to play through the game with one of them. But I also don't want to have to wait much longer for ORAS. So..... I'll have to make up my mind.

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

Good luck to everyone shiny hunting. I hope to see some ORAS shinies from you very soon! :D

Nack Firestorm

Unlucky Dragon!
Well, I'm back with a update!

I'm probably getting Omega Ruby, so I only have a bit more time to get this Shiny Bagon.

650 Eggs in and still nothing, oh well.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated.

My MM hunt in X is kinda stalled now that I have my OR. Maybe I'll continue it in OR instead, once I get the Shiny Charm :p

I don't see my name on the list for my Swablu and good lick on your MM hunt on whatever game you decide to continue on.

Oops. Sorry about that. You've been added now. And thanks :)

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
CH completion list updated.

My MM hunt in X is kinda stalled now that I have my OR. Maybe I'll continue it in OR instead, once I get the Shiny Charm :p

I don't see my name on the list for my Swablu and good lick on your MM hunt on whatever game you decide to continue on.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
ORAS beginnings

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies! Its been ages since i've posed, so a more basic congrats is in order.

So my update, I have been hunting in Connecting cave in my X Route Quest fr the last 3 weeks trying to get one last shiny before ORAS, but alas it was released in Aus yesterday and I must now put my Route Quest on hold at 8390 REs. I'll get back to it after I complete ORAS.

Now onto ORAS.
I got both games yesterday and ended up with Omega ruby as my GF chose Alpha sapphire to play.
Well, I can say that I'm not really getting into this new game, it feels rather bland with the pretty graphics and unexpanded features from XY. So I've spent most of the time playing around with the Dex Nav feature, which so far is the games only redeeming quality imo. Anyway, after trying to get the encounter levels up to easily find hidden move/ability Pokemon I started experimenting with sweet scent and I ran into my first ORAS shiny!
Shiny Zigzagoon after only 8 hordes! *Oh and COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/m5Es6Az.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/tMWh7VR.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/K6jgTxI.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/wUWwyU4.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/HqenOJf.jpg[/IMG300]

Anyway, good luck to everyone on their latest shiny endeavours. I'll try to post here more often even if it is just little updates :)

HUGE EDIT: ANOTHER SHINY!!!
Came back to the game after taking a break from catching Zigzagoon and the very first pokemon I encounter is a shiny Wurmple!!!
It was one of the "shaking" Pokemon that you have to sneak up on, I almost ignored it, but thought, why not I might aswell get an encounter lvl up.
I named her Euphoria after the feeling of happiness and the Cairn Birdwing Buttefly scientific name Ornithoptera euphorion :)
Female with no hidden ability or moves, but 2 ORAS shinies today without even trying is amazing! I almost feel as if the odds were lowered even further than XY :S

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/GykrERM.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/tr8uqnp.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/W1iwdCd.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/nNF9ywE.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Lqzj5gP.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited: