• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

rocky505

Just found my first Shiny on Omega Ruby. I randomly found him while trying to complete the Pokedex.

IMG_03751_zps24a2a2d5.jpg

umbreonfan3636

Got about 250 SRs in for Treecko last night, but nothing shone.

Good luck everyone, and congrats!

Shiny Lord

Just caught a shiny Zizagoon in my Omega Ruby. I guess I'm going to start a badgequest now! It was on the routes you catch ralts. Level 2 with pickup ability and female. Minus defense and plus Sp. Def.

Razorbadger

Congrats to Cyberra on Teddiursa and Deino, Supremacy on Ralts, Dangertrout on Stunky, LilyValley on Tornadus, Zekromaster826 on hoothoot, ShiningKnightXY on Pawniard, Omega Sapphire on Treecko, Paraqua on Treecko, Pluski on all the Mudkip, jrmftw on Zigzagoon, Wurmple and Machop, PopPrincess_Lyra on what I presume is a Hoenn starter (sorry, the picture won't load for me), AquaRegisteel on Scraggy, Storm_Dragoon on Treecko, Zigzagoon and Marill, Kyle Clarthy on Mudkip, Terra Force on Seedot, Quils on Litwick and Zigzagoon, Lost on Marill, CharlieDoryRose on Lapras, ohjeezitskim on Eevee, Ellie on Zubat, PKMNOriginsRed on Seviper, DemonSlayer492 on Wingull, Gligari on Riolu, Drakonekoshi on Oddish and Spinda, Sparky Mc-S on Zubat, eiger on Beldum, rocky505 on Carvanha, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Keane for the congrats and luck, hope something shines in Eterna for you soon.

Well I'm beginning to regret saying that I might be done with the Sevii Islands before ORAS is released here. Pattern Bush is now at 14,900 REs and I might reach double odds by the end of the day. I said in my last post that it was kind of nice to have a hunt go over the odds for once but now I'm definitely at the point where I'd rather something shone sooner than later. If something does shine before Friday then I won't be starting hunting on Seven Island until after I've completed Omega Ruby anyway.

The shiny lock news is absolutely brilliant. Last night I was watching Brooke's shiny Torchic video that someone posted on the last page and saw a bunch of people talking about a shiny Reshiram in the comments. I did some searching and quickly found Aaron's Reshiram video that was also linked on the last page and I reacted in a way that I usually reserve for when I find my own shinies. Obviously this means that we can now finally hunt Reshiram and Zekrom but it also opens up other hunts to me that I previously couldn't do. My copy of Platinum is prone to crashing and as a result I don't like hunting in it and whilst most of the Sinnoh legends are available in White 2, the Creation Trio aren't and the lack of shiny lock in ORAS means that I'll be able to hunt for them without worrying about a crash. Also, assuming that the Eon twins aren't locked (I'd rather see a live video than rely on a picture), I will be able to hunt Latios as every game I have that features the twins happens to have Latias (Heart Gold and White 2) aside from Emerald but with that games RNG issues I'd imagine that hunting a roamer would be pretty much impossible. Additionally it does seem that the shiny lock has been put to some good use. I was watching a stream Saturday night and the consensus seems to be that the uncatchable Poochyena is locked as so many people have found starters so far without anyone reporting a shiny Pooch. Yay for Game Freak seeing sense at last.

Hope everyone is having fun in ORAS and good luck hunting :)

Shiny Espurr

Ace Procrastinator
Haven't had any luck recently hunting for Riolu, but about a week or two ago I caught a Pumpkaboo for my little sister as part of her Christmas gift.

ohjeezitskim

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey guys, long time no see. ^_^

But since ORAS is out here on the 28th I'll be getting back into shiny hunting with an Alpha Sapphire shiny badge quest. I'm also absolutely delighted to find out that Reshiram/Zekrom aren't shiny-locked in these games. Finally I'll be able to avenge the 27,000 wasted soft resets I did for shiny Reshiram I did back when I first got my Japanese copy of Black. Shiny Reshiram, you shall be mine one day!

nickM

Hello all!

Soon i will be back farming shinies again..

Apologies for the unanswered PM's the last month, they broke into my appartment and stole everything i had so i couldn't do anything anymore gamewise.

I finally managed to get everything on the rails again, sadly i lost all my farmed shinies T_T

Gratz on all recent shinies! and i hope to be back soon with new shiny farms.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, I am done trying for Sandile. ORAS is just so demanding with all it has to offer. My friend found a shiny Swablu recently on his AS, so I really hope that's a sign that the odds are the same as in XY. For now I plan on finishing ORAS and finally starting that shiny Cobalion hunt that has taunted me since my white 2 cartridge was stolen. Good Luck to Everyone.

tui

moon upon a stick
Huge congrats to eiger for getting the perfect Beldum! That's a hell of a lot of eggs for something with such a high step count for hatching.

Congrats to: Storm_Dragoon on Marill, Treecko and Zigzagoon, Omega Sapphire on Shuppet, Pluski on Mudkip x3, Kyle Clarthy on Mudkip, jrmftw on Machop, Terra Force on Seedot, Quils on Psyduck, Braixen, Litwick and Zigzagoon, Ho-oh The Rainbow Pokemon on Woobat and Nosepass, Raxacoricofallapatorius on Hawlucha, Lost™ on Marill, CharlieDoryRose on Lapras, ohjeezitskim on Eevee, Ellie on Zubat, PKMNOriginsRed on Seviper, Demonslayer492 on Wingull, Gligari on Riolu, Drakonekoshi on Oddish and Spinda, Sparky Mc-s on Zubat, rocky505 on Carvanha, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon, ShinyEspurr on Pumpkaboo, and to anyone else I missed!

I hope everything goes well with your uncle, Storm_Dragoon.
Sorry to hear about your apartment being broken into, nickM! I really hope you can recover as much stuff and shinies as possible.
Thank you Shy and Razorbadger for the luck!

I'm now at 34,516 encounters in Eterna Forest, which is now past quadruple odds I think? Almost serves me right for getting 3 consecutive under-odds shinies from there, aha. Hoping for a shine before 40k, but who knows!

Good luck to everyone, especially Cyberra with Virizion, Razorbadger with Six Island, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Tina with Archen, CpChris with Scyther, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, pokemaster13 with Weedle and Chimchar, Shy with Mudkip, Shadowkrow with your BQ, ChaoticInverse with Torchic, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, and cocoadragon and RaichuArcanine with your Chimchars!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
My Omega Ruby file strikes shiny luck again!

I was watching the video of the Live shiny Azelf while I was horde hunting in Petalburg Woods. I decided that I was going to take my time going through the game instead of rushing to Reshiram(its not going anywhere so what's the rush?) I only did about 15 hordes when all of a sudden:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/b686f38a-d8a4-4d61-b9f8-3bd6e19c2258_zpsf858cabe.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Wurmple :D. I was hoping I'd get this awesome shiny from Petalburg Woods, it was the one I wanted the most. The battle wasn't too bad, just picked off the non-shiny ones with Quick Attack. It took just one Pokeball to catch the shiny bug. He has an Impish nature and it is adorable. In total it took 535 hordes to get this awesome shiny.

More pics:

Shinydex
Shiny Wurmple
Trainer ID
Impish nature

Sadly, it didn't evolve into Cascoon like I had hoped it would, but shiny Beautifly looks pretty sweet:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1110_zps2c729c1f.jpg[/img139]

I've decided that I'm going to try and get another shiny Wurmple in hopes of getting a shiny Dustox. If I get another Silcoon, I think I'll just keep it as a Wurmple. So the hunt begins again, hopefully with another awesome shiny!

Congrats to Lost™, CharlieDoryRose, ohjeezitskim, Ellie, PKMNOriginsRed, Demonslayer492, Gligari, Drakonekoshi, Sparky Mc-S, eigar, rocky505, and Shiny Lord on your new shinies!

EDIT: AOFNHAOGNHBOPAPFM SHINY MUDKIP, OH MY GOD! Updates in a second, holy carp!

EDIT2: Wow wow WOW, I am completely shocked, and I'm still shaking. I only started SRing for Mudkip again and dual hunting for Wurmple, and I was watching Five Nights at Freddy's. I only did 3 SRs, and while I was talking to crashandcortex and AquaRegisteel, I send out the Mudkip and:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_1111_zps6a7f691a.jpg[/img139]

It was freaking SHINY! I completely and utterly freaked out, I'm so glad nobody in the house heard me xD. I am completely and utterly FLOORED today, I was totally not expecting Wurmple, but to get shiny Mudkip too, its absolutely crazy! I never really liked Hoenn all that much, but these games totally changed my mind about it.

More pics:

Shiny Mudkip
Trainer ID
Bold nature

Looks like my shiny Mudkip is the long lost brother to Kyle's shiny Mudkip :p. I honestly have no idea what I'll be hunting next in AS, but we'll see. For now though, I'll just enjoy my little mudfish <3.

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
how does one SR dor rayquaza? is it possible in this game? can we save befor ebattle rayquaz? can u tell me without spoilers?

I need black non mega rayquaz because of reasons.

ohjeezitskim

how does one SR dor rayquaza? is it possible in this game? can we save befor ebattle rayquaz? can u tell me without spoilers?

I need black non mega rayquaz because of reasons.

You can save before him and I'm pretty sure he is locked because he has a cut-scene
which is why the legends in XY were locked, so I'm assuming the same with ORAS

I've seen other legends and starters be shiny live, but so far not any of the weather trio

Omega Sapphire

You can save before him and I'm pretty sure he is locked because he has a cut-scene
which is why the legends in XY were locked, so I'm assuming the same with ORAS

I've seen other legends and starters be shiny live, but so far not any of the weather trio

I would assume that the weather trio hasn't been found shiny yet simply because it takes longer to SR for them. For the weather trio and the Sinnoh box legends you'd have to save in a city, use the Eon Flute, fly to it, encounter, then soft reset.

I don't see any reason why they would be shiny locked especially since they never have been before.

PSA: The posts below are not someone quadrople posting. We both forgot about the once-a-day rule, I deleted my posts, and now it looks like he did something even worse. :[

Last edited:

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
I'm at almost 700 srs for torchic, I decided to switch targets. Obviously getting this torchic won't be as good as it would be in my plain sapphire version but I've been hunting that on and off for four years and at this point the possibility of a shiny torchic without the risk of a shiny poocheyna is kind of great. I'll still probably do my regular sapphire hunt but honestly every time I work on it it just bums me out more and more.

Victini can't be shiny unless you remove the check from it, it's just impossible whether in bw or bw2. You two (omega sapphire and swamp swampert) might want to consider not double posting unless you've run into a shiny.

Congrats on all the new shinies, especially storm-dragoon with that intense luck and good luck to everyone! Especially heliotrope whenever you get around to sr-ing that reshiram!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My copy of Platinum is prone to crashing and as a result I don't like hunting in it and whilst most of the Sinnoh legends are available in White 2, the Creation Trio aren't and the lack of shiny lock in ORAS means that I'll be able to hunt for them without worrying about a crash.

I see I'm not the only one with this problem...

I am still running around that normal safari and have found a second shiny teddiursa. Which means community hunt complete x5! Still looking for audino, though.

I'm up to 345 eggs for beldum. Got my 6IV to breed from, and have found five more 6IV Jolly beldum since. No silver ones yet.

Virizion has reached 14,200 SRs and has become my second-longest SR hunt, after That Damn Ledyba. The hunt continues!

Edit: And shortly after I make this post, at 2,069 REs, a purple audino appears out of the tall grass. The hunt is over! Pics will be up tomorrow ^_^ She's Impish and mischievous, with the ability Regenerator. Now I'll be moving over to a dark safari after mightyena, sandile, and sableye

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture7076_zps7a9e3e5e.jpg[/IMG139]

I has pics!

Last edited:

Pacman

That is great that the legend Pokemon are not shiny lock in ORAS.

I don't have alot of shines. Most I have are through events or in-game events.

But I got a shiny Chikorita from SS. (Which is now a Meganium.) And a shiny Ekans, also in SS. The interesting thing about the shiny Ekans is I wasn't really expecting it. I was just training my Pokemon in SS, when suddenly in a random encounter, shiny Ekans!

Right now I'm tiring to get shiny Lugia in SS. Azelf in W2.

In OR I'm tiring to get a shiny Poochyena from the start of the game.

TheMaster327

3,500 now for Groudon. Really hope this shines before ORAS, as not sure if Weather Trio will be locked in these games... I hope not, though.