• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
I found a Shiny Wurmple in the beginning of my Alpha Sapphire version, now she is a beautiful Beautifly. ^^

Does anyone know, and excuse me if someone already pointed it out, is the Latias you receive in AS able to be shiny? How about Kyogre? I heard about all the other legends being unlocked but are these two exceptions (because of storyline)? Thanks so much.

edit; typos & pic

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/20141121_182339_zpsontleddc.jpg[/IMG300]

Here she is. She definitely made her way on my main team.

Last edited:

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I found a Shiny Wurmple in the beginning of my Alpha Sapphire version, now she is a beautiful Beautifly. ^^

Does anyone know, and excuse me if someone already pointed it out, is the Latias you receive in AS able to be shiny? How about Kyogre? I heard about all the other legends being unlocked but are these two exceptions (because of storyline)? Thanks so much.

edit; typos

Kyogre is still not known, however I believe Latios/Latias CAN be shiny.

Keovix

It's been so many months since my last post, congrats to everyone with all of your shinies! I think my last post was during the hunt for the legendary Kami Trio in B&W, gonna resume it at some point. I stopped shiny hunting 'cos I wanted to finish all the other games I had for the 3ds before ORAS was released.

Started playing AS this past weekend, just got the third badge, hopefully I find a random shiny during the playthrough, also very excited to hear that Zekrom and Reshiram can be shiny, definitely gonna SR Zekrom.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was playing OR this morning and as I was walking through Route 110 again while training, I found and caught a Shiny Gulpin. My first OR/AS Shiny yay. I also did 50 SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt and I hatched almost 40 Magby eggs for my MM hunt as well this afternoon. Good luck to everyone else on their hunts as well.

V

Shiny Hunter
Still no shiny Treecko... Birch isn't leaving until he tells me where it is! I'll let Poochyena take a couple bites out of him before I give up! I'm sure he's got a hidden pocket in his bag somewhere...

This is starting to get depressing. I must just have awful luck. I'm at an estimated 3000 SR when every video I've seen on YT had theirs in under 500. The sadness is real.

(The shiny Treecko in my signature is just me being hopeful.)

serpent222

Not much of an update. I started my Omega Ruby file on Saturday. I caught a shiny Skitty before my first badge. It was the last one I wanted, but I opted to use it anyway and it grew on me. Figured I'd try for a badge quest, but gave up after 2,000 zubats before the second gym, so it is just the one shiny so far. Congrats on all the success and good luck to current hunts.

Quick question. Do we know if the shiny charm has returned yet?

Heya! It's been forever since I last posted here, I have gotten ahold of alpha sapphire! And I'm going in for a shiny treecko, I have been hunting since Sunday so it's starting to get really grating, I'm around 3000 soft resets at a guess, so I'm hoping it shines soon as I'm anxious to get into the story

AweK1ller

I was playing OR this morning and as I was walking through Route 110 again while training, I found and caught a Shiny Gulpin. My first OR/AS Shiny yay. I also did 50 SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt and I hatched almost 40 Magby eggs for my MM hunt as well this afternoon. Good luck to everyone else on their hunts as well.

wait so did you catch a shiny rayquaza in omega ruby after 50 SRs

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
I'm currently testing waters for Deoxys. Someone has to do it.
I currently have the shiny charm and am about 675 resets in. I figure if it has the same odds as X/Y it should be about a 1/1365 chance. This is going to be one long ride of anticipation. Wish me luck gents.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated.

I've seen the live Shiny Reshiram video, and it makes me glad as now I know I won't be wasting my time SR-ing for Shiny Reshiram :D

Totally going to SR for it once I got my Shiny Charm. I'm going to SR for Rayquaza and Deoxys as well, hopefully they can be shiny.

Quick question. Do we know if the shiny charm has returned yet?

Yes, it returns.

higanta

Beginning my Alpha Sapphire BQ today, currently only about 150 SRs into it, going for that shiny Treecko!

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I got a shiny Happiny in Alpha Sapphire the other day, not a good shiny at all but a shiny is a shiny. :/

Good luck to all hunts and to those who have obtained some.

jackhh

The free Sharpedo you receive from the Aqua Grunt in Battle Resort ended up being a shiny for me... did not know that could happen, lovely pink shark

Jeppo

Congratulations on all the shinies!

I'm at 900 eggs for my shiny Eevee hunt and still no luck. It'll shine soon enough though, has to be!

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Congrats to everyone on recent shinies, earlier today while looking for a Slakoth in Petalburg Woods I stumbled across a shiny Cascoon. Caught me completely off-guard.

Shinies Obtained (1/719)

maldoror

Wow, it seems like ages since I posted. Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

I've had some luck recently, finding a shiny HA Dragonair and a shiny adamant Fraxure in the FS on Y. Still no Bouffalant on White 2. I did find my first OR shiny yesterday. I got a Skarmory while magnet pull horde hunting. I cannot wait to get to try my first ever legendary SR hunts once I finish the game.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I'm currently testing waters for Deoxys. Someone has to do it.
I currently have the shiny charm and am about 675 resets in. I figure if it has the same odds as X/Y it should be about a 1/1365 chance. This is going to be one long ride of anticipation. Wish me luck gents.

Thank you for testing!!! I want to SR for Deoxys but I want confirmation that it can be shiny before I try. So far I have caught a shiny Wurmple in ORAS but plan on SRing for the legends that I don't already have. Luckily I already have the weather trio in shiny form so I don't have to worry about those and the 3 muskateers, Cresselia, and Lugia and Ho-oh. I got the shiny charm too so I might just "test waters" along with you!

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. Anyway just got the shiny charm in OR and plan to SR reshiram when i get home. I obtained the charm in the wee hours of the morning so no time to hunt. If i yield any results and figure out how to post pics ill keep you guys posted.