• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

MrConfusedTurkey

Curious, does doing MM with a ditto work, and does breeding a normal of one Pokémon with a shiny of the same also increase chances? As far as I know, I don't think it is a method, but I am asking to make sure. Congrats to all of the recent catches! I almost did a BQ, but I am too excited to play through, haha. Next time!

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Curious, does doing MM with a ditto work, and does breeding a normal of one Pokémon with a shiny of the same also increase chances? As far as I know, I don't think it is a method, but I am asking to make sure. Congrats to all of the recent catches! I almost did a BQ, but I am too excited to play through, haha. Next time!

Doing MM with ditto definitely works. As for breeding a normal and shiny tho i dont believe it does.

MrConfusedTurkey

So now that we pretty much have confirmation that the legendary Pokémon aren't shiny-locked, I wonder if they would release an update for X/Y to remove the shiny lock on its legendary Pokémon?
Right now, in OR/AS
you can capture every single legendary Pokémon from G2 to G5, which is amazing. That leaves us with the G1 and G6 legendaries in X/Y which are all shiny-locked. I'm aware that we could still just SR for the G1 ones in HG/SS or FR/LG, but personally, I would rather be able to get everything from within G6. I probably wouldn't bother trying to get shiny legendary Pokémon apart from Latias and Latios which I already have anyway, but for other people who want the shiny legendaries, it would be awesome.
Good to know. Although I have paused my playthrough for AS, I am running through FR just so I can SR for those legendaries. I can understand the frustration of not having access to some shinies though, especially XY, since as for now, there isn't another way to get shiny of them, right?

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
All I'm going to say is..............Community Hunt Complete x8!

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/7e48be0f-e534-4122-bfbc-c9e1f7ea73ef_zps66eedbfc.jpg[/img139]
The normal Zigzagoon is either mad or unimpressed that I'm fainting it XD.
[IMG139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/1469ba8a-9fd7-4138-b7e8-51619ce94774_zps25dec935.jpg[/IMG139]

I honestly have no words to say about this shiny. I am completely and utterly FLOORED at the luck I'm having in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire! I just beat Flannery and got my 4th badge, and instead of going to beat Norman, I decided to sweet scent for a shiny Wurmple. Instead, I get my second shiny Zigzagoon :D.

The battle wasn't too bad(except trying to get a decent picture of the shiny), after picking off the normal Zigzagoon, a couple Great Balls snagged it. This is my 5th shiny in Omega Ruby, 6th including the shiny Mudkip in Alpha Sapphire. I'm hoping to continue this trend with the rest of my hunts!

More pics:

Closeup
Nickname Screen
Trainer ID
Bold nature

I honestly don't know what my next hunt is going to be. I was going to keep hunting for a shiny Wurmple, but I don't want to risk a third shiny Zizagoon, but we'll see how it goes.

Congrats to everyone with a new shiny!

umbreonfan3636

450 SRs for Treecko so far! All of these ORAS shinies are making me jealous...

Good luck everyone!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
wait so did you catch a shiny rayquaza in omega ruby after 50 SRs

No, the Shiny Rayquaza hunt that I'm working on is in the original Ruby version. Thus far I haven't tried SRing for Shinies in OR/AS, although I do plan on trying to find a Shiny Zekrom on AS when I buy it next month.

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
After 23 SRs reshiram shone! I'm in utter shock! I really want to post a few pictures of it but it won't allow me to do so :/

MrConfusedTurkey, Thanks for the insight. Did not know that.

Shiny update:
So after Reshiram i decided to do some hording on route 110. A couple hundred hordes later...a shiny magnemite! Then without thinking i sent out talonflame...Long story short magnemite burned itself and with talonflame confused and unable to faint the other 4 in time the shiny fainted. So, on to SRing the regi trio :/

Last edited:

MrConfusedTurkey

After 23 SRs reshiram shone! I'm in utter shock! I really want to post a few pictures of it but it won't allow me to do so :/

That is extremely fortunate, congrats! To post pictures, I believe you have to have a certain number of posts. All of these ORAS shinies are getting me excited for completing my NatDexand begin my hunt for shinies!

Drakonekoshi

That was fast

Sorry for the late post, but after only few hours of soft resetting, i got my shiny Mudkip in Omega Ruby! tumblr_nfje8stasK1s578yjo3_1280.jpg ( from my Tumblr ), I'm going to play through the game with him~

Congrats and good luck everyone on the shinies! I'm so sorry about what happened nickM, i had my house broken into and some of my games stolen a few years ago, but you have it way worse, I hope you recover T-T.

Hey everyone, congrats on the new shinies!

So, after taking forever to find that scanner, I finally managed to begin SRing for shiny Lugia. And, only after 292 SRs, it shined! I was so happy, Lugia is a shiny I've wanted for a long time :D. My next target is going to be Zekrom, as I'm really excited we are finally able to get shiny versions of him. If I have enough money, I might even buy Omega Ruby so I can SR for the other version exclusives (especially since Ho-Oh is my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to have a shiny of him :D).

Good luck on all your hunts!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I hope to begin hunting for Reshiram soon once I get my shiny charm, but if not I may just do as I said earlier and close the case on my 2-year Swordsman hunt beginning with Cobalion. Either way I will not be putting this game down anytime soon with all the shinies to hunt. At least the odds seem consistent with X/Y seeing how many shinies are appearing on here.

Huge congrats to Storm Dragoon on the double shinies seeing how I can barely pull off one in a month, congrats to Kingzard on the Beautifly, Lorde on Gulpin, AuroraQueenSuicune on Gloom, SilverChiko on the Happiny, jackhh on the unexpected Sharpedo, AzulTheCerulean20 on Cascoon, TomoEGoto on the quick Cresselia, Maldorar on Dragonair and Fraxure, KittyKitty3308 on Wurmple, Storm Dragoon again for getting the recent Zigzagoon, Drakonekoshi on getting Mudkip, Yoitsdaffy on getting Reshiram, and Ho-Oh the Rainbow Pokemon on getting Lugia.

LeoX

Smashing Pumpkaboos
Congrats everyone on their recent shinys! Just got my 1st SR shiny so I totally had to post a pic of it and its a beautiful Modest Latias!!!

shinylatias_zpsffcfb388.jpg

shadowF

Congrats everyone on their recent shinys! Just got my 1st SR shiny so I totally had to post a pic of it and its a beautiful Modest Latias!!!

View attachment 13848

awesome, congrats! just wondering but in order for it to shine does it have to appear shiny in overworld sprite or when you receive it and have it in your party do you check if it is shiny?

LeoX

Smashing Pumpkaboos
awesome, congrats! just wondering but in order for it to shine does it have to appear shiny in overworld sprite or when you receive it and have it in your party do you check if it is shiny?

The overworld sprite won't be shiny so you have to check it in your party once you get her! Think I totally got luck, started SR'ing off and on yesterday when I had time and a good chunk of time today, prob a total of 7-8hrs of SR'ing. I also had a Modest 55 Gardevoir w/ Synchronize and Dazzling Gleam that I transferred from Y so I could blast threw the battle fast!

TheMaster327

Um... Community Hunt Complete :)

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0013_zps06990137.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0014_zps22af47b1.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0015_zps4aefe515.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0016_zps883f7b5a.jpg[/img139]

Yup, shiny Groudon appeared just in time for ORAS after 3,878 SRs :)

Groudon is Lax, with IVs: 18, 19 / 20, 21 / 26, 27 / 6 / 31 / 5

Not bad :) Glad I don't have to attempt to hunt for it in ORAS lol

Tina

Boy Skylark
AHH Its been so long since I posted, a mixture of working on some sprites for another game and a bunch of homework.
Way too much pages for me to put congrats down individually so I have to say blanket congrats this time. :( I'm still working on my old hunts but I'd really like to SR for some legendaries in ORAS first, just to get the experience, then its back to the old drawing board.
Reading through old posts now so I can send special congrats via VM to those who achieved long hunts. :D

Edit: RIGHT, ALSO. I have two japanese ORAS games respectfully and playing my main on AS right now, transferred my living dex through bank already. Will SR for a starter on OR. c:

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Wow! All that early legendary shinies got me wanting to SR very soon :3 I will probably start tomorrow since I
want to get some Syncers first! I will be doing Lugia first since I want to do Suicune and then I'll go on to Giratina and Cresselia!
Congrats on all the recent new shinies, hope to bring something shiny on my next few posts!!

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
Sooo Im SR ing for a shiny Zekrom....the shiny charm helps right? *continues mashing A button*