• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Omega Sapphire

Tried my hand at DexNav chaining to see if I could find a shiny. Chain of 200 Wurmplw with nothing, will try again but if it happens again I won't do it again until something is confirmed.

Just filling up my PokeDex to get the shiny charm really. Have 512 so far. I mainly just have to breed and evolve. I want to SR for Cresselia then make a living dex to send over to Alpha Sapphire.

Danisher

First of all congrats to everyone! :)
I just started SRing for a shiny Latios (25 SRs).. I have OR though, so it'll probably take a while with the cut scene and all.. Wish me luck! xD

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
First of all congrats to everyone! :)
I just started SRing for a shiny Latios (25 SRs).. I have OR though, so it'll probably take a while with the cut scene and all.. Wish me luck! xD

Good luck! (To you and everyone!)

I have just started my hunt for Latias... hope my A button lasts through all these up-coming cut scenes!

Danisher

Good luck! (To you and everyone!)

I have just started my hunt for Latias... hope my A button lasts through all these up-coming cut scenes!

Thank you very much, good luck to you too!

Let me know when you succeed! :)

TheGreaterLucario

Still SRing for Ho-oh..... wish me luck, everyone. I'm probably going to need it. Especially since while everyone else is finding Shiny legends at on average 300 SRs, I'm probably going to be the guy who SRs over 1000 times with no results.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
I've been training up for my second E4 run on AS, so I can go challenge Deoxys. I one-shotted it with Rayquaza on accident, so I want to catch it.

My question is, does anyone know if Deoxys has been confirmed to be shiny locked? I've seen the pics that have surfaced but no in-battle pics. I don't want to waste my time on it if it can't be shiny. XD

congrats to all these recent shinies! what a time to be alive.

Shy

★★★★★
Well, looks like I failed in completing the November Community Hunt. :( 6,850 SRs (20,550 Seen) and not a single Johto starter shined for me. I think I may put my current two hunts on hold and work on something else. I'm getting tired of seeing non-shiny Mudkip and Johto starters. XD I kind of want to go back to working on Squirtle and Oshawott, maybe? Btw, I haven't heard anyone bring up ideas for the December Community Hunt.

Thanks again for the good luck wishes Keane! A huge congratulations on those two Budew! :D

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies and good luck!

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Just found a shiny oddish via DexNav! Wasn't counting the chain but it was under 20. Had to postpone my Regirock hunt for now because my R button is starting to become unresponsive. Next for me is MMing a perfect Onix. Blanket congrats to all on their Shinies and Gl to those still hunting!

Yesterday while EV training my Aerodactyl on my X, I caught a jolly shiny Lickatung. It's been awhile since I got a shiny so it was a surprise; but it's not a favorite pokemon so I won't be keeping it.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Still SRing for Ho-oh..... wish me luck, everyone. I'm probably going to need it. Especially since while everyone else is finding Shiny legends at on average 300 SRs, I'm probably going to be the guy who SRs over 1000 times with no results.

Bruh. I'm over 1800 for Zekrom with shiny charm. I feel your pain seeing everyone else finding shiny legends. xD

Congrats to everyone who has found one lately. My Zekrom will shine someday. Hopefully before 3000 xD

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey all :) Just popping in to say that I've started a new hunt. Riolu on my Y for my friend for Christmas <3 Hoping it shines quick! Congrats and good luck all
~RaichuArcanine~

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I just got my own copy of Omega Ruby. I decided to do some SRs for Treecko to see if it will shine soon. So I just did the first 100 SRs.

I'll pause my HG BQ for a while. I'll first play through OR (hopefully with a shiny Treecko) and then I'll probably go hunting in OR first to see how that works out for me. But all hunts will be at a very slow pace since I have some important college stuff coming up.

Congrats to everyone on the new shinies and good luck to those hunting!

Last edited:

Cheeze IOW

Just got Omega Ruby 2 days ago and thought I'd soft reset for shiny Torchic, first time I've tried soft resetting for a shiny starter and it only took 115 times, so happy with that. Going after a shiny Ralts is a little more annoying as you don't have repels that early in the game and some of the higher level ones have teleport which is quite frustrating, got to a Dexnav chain of like 50 before it got broken by a RE, hopefull I'll get a luckier today.

PokeAmi

Congratz to all with the new shinies.

Luck was not shining for me. I encountered a Shiny female Ralts with Shadow Sneak and 3 Perfect IV's on Alpha Sapphire. I had only Three pokeballs. After the first ball failed and I tried to weaken it with my weakest pokemon...but it got a Critical hit and the Ralts fainted :( That was not a good day.

Good luck with the hunting!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
150 SRs for Heatran so far, but I don't mind seeing how quick the SRs are passing as opposed to my last attempt all the way back in 5th gen. All I hope for is that, with the Shiny Charm, I get no more than 2000 resets which in my opinion is somewhat generous seeing how some people have gotten over 6000-7000 resets.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Seeing all these new shiny Pictures is so exciting! Congratz on all the new Sparkly Pokemon! ^w^
I cleaned up Victory road,But I couldn't resist ,So I started hunting Zekrom. Hope he shines soon! ^^
Good luck everyone!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shiny Wurmple!!! :D DexNav Chaining FTW!!!

Ruby Reclaim #2 Complete :)

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/AD075CA8-DFAD-43BE-83C1-581911F532F7_zpsgs73fzn4.jpg[/IMG139]

==========================

I swiftly moved onto completing the Gym Leader battles i had left, and immediately banked over all my Nat Dex Pokemon so that i could get the Shiny Charm.

I am now SR'ing for a Shiny Mesprit.

Congrats on the Shiny Lugia & Shiny Oddish too btw, Oddish is a really underrated shiny(due to its popping up when hunting something else lol), and Lugia, well that Pink is awesome :D

Also a huge congrats to ClipOwl on the Shiny Treecko reclaim, good for you for keeping with it after losing the first one due to reflex. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time no see (due to complicated and tedious reasons IRL which have led to very little hunting time/time for pokemon in general. Anyway grats to the following peeps from recent pages (Have been checking on occasion, but been way too hard to keep track all this time);

RaichuArcanine on Mudkip (soon to be a target so I can complete the trio), Oarfish on Cresselia, Twilit Dragoon on that aqua coloured beauty, Iwanuq on reclaiming Cobalion, Lunistrella on the awesome Lugia, Clipowl on reclaiming Treecko, and your other shinies, and Kirkeastment on reclaiming your purple worm, and congrats to everybody on their recent shinies in general.

Anyway, this morning (after a few weeks of late night casual hunting), my heartgold badge quest decided to shine with my target. I was worried (as ever) that I might have missed it with sleepy eyes, but it's truly electric in it's colour and would be impossible not to see;

After 7034 random encounters, badge quest 3 done;

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/stickit2themon/DSC_0004_zps0909c248.jpg

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/stickit2themon/DSC_0006_zps617616a5.jpg (BQ3 Proof)

Ya'll hopefully see some more of me soon as I continue my HGBQ, and because I have also just got myself Omega Ruby, but if not hope all you shiny hunters have great and lucky holidays.

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
How about the CH is about finding shinies that are warm and ones that are cold? Not every place in the world is chilly right now, the Pokémon could represent trying to keep at a safe temperature. It could also represent those who don't mind the cold and those who need to keep warm.

I'm just leveling up my Pokémon right now in OR. I will probably go after some of those Legendaries after a while, but I'd like to make sure I can take the attacks and leave a big enough mark on them to catch.