• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Last edited:

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Thank you very much, good luck to you too!

Let me know when you succeed! :)

I would... but I made a silly mistake and saved after getting a normal Latais (I was tired, and to used to pressing A...) I feel like such a fool! :(

Now I am not sure what to do. Should I start AS again? I really like this save though. I have OR, so perhaps I could try and get the Eon Ticket on that. Alternatively, I have been thinking about getting White 2 sometime, so perhaps I could SR on that instead... a lack of battle/cut scene sound appealing.

Anyway, congrats to all the recent shines! :)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
A 'Welcome to Hoenn' hunt for getting shinies within the hoenn dex could be a nice idea, though I like LilyValley's idea.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today on my Ruby Shiny Rayquaza hunt, I did around 80 more soft resets and I think that's all I'll do for now. I'm postponing this hunt till later since I want to start doing SRs for a Shiny Deoxys on my sister's OR instead. Anyway, I hatched 25 more eggs for my Shiny Magby MM attempt as well last night.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to tothewest88 on Wurmple, Prakhar on Venipede, Navarch on Magnemite, maldoror on Poochyena, Yoitsdaffy on Raikou and Oddish, JackD334 on Linoone, Demoneslayer492 on Linoone, Wolfless on Azelf, Lunistrella on Lugia, Garde on Roselia, ClipOwl on Sableye, Treecko and Nincada, Dragon Booster90 on Lickatung, Cheeze IOW on Torchic, Kirkeastment on Wurmple, Stickit2themon on Gastly, and everyone else!

Also, sorry about the Ralts PokeAmi :[ Hope you reclaim it.

-------------

I've been going hard for Tornadus lately but its still being a bit stubborn. I've done ~2,800 SRs so far which isn't that much, but it feels like I have done more lol. I was starting to think shiny legendaries were easier to get in ORAS, but now I'm not so sure. It seems most people that got a shiny legend in under 1k SRs had the shiny charm which would make it appear that they're more common but they may still be 1/4096 without the charm.. or maybe I'm just unlucky =p!

Anyways, gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone. :]

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
Omggggg... so I've come to the conclusion that I will never encounter a "good" shiny.

My first shiny in Crystal - Chansey
My first shiny in Emerald - Tentacool
My first shiny in XY - Kecleon
My first shiny in ORAS - Lunatone

*facepalm* today I was driving and playing ORAS at the redlights (shut up.) and a shiny lunatone popped up. I was like "why is your eye blue..."

Keovix

Congrats to everyone on your shinies!

Finished the main game, post game and most additional stuff (like collecting the megastones, certain items and most TM's), now with the shiny charm equipped and a team which includes a Synchronize Munna (naughty nature), a Swords Dance & False Swipe Haxorus and a Hypnosis Spiritbomb, I'm hunting Zekrom, really want it to be my first shiny in AS, already done 25 SR, very excited about this legendary hunt!

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
Hey guys! It's been a little over 3 months since I last posted on here, so congrats to everyone on their shinies since then!

I've been working on getting a shiny Fennekin through MM over the past few months and I got it today!! I want to say the count was between 700-800 eggs. I've had my file saved in front of the breeder and was planning on going to hunt in the safari, but I had a weird feeling and decided to breed more eggs instead. I'm so glad I did!

I caught a shiny Wurmple in AS through horde hunting today as well (I actually got this before my shiny Fennekin) it's definitely my lucky day!

Good luck to those still hunting!! ^-^

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got a shiny Lotad in AS, so BQ #2 complete. I got through the Dexnav though, because the HHs felt a little like SRs to me and I've got plenty of SRs that I'm doing already. I'm still very happy with it though.

In OR I'm at 1380 SRs for Heatran.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially Iwanuq on the reclaimed Cobalion and Clipowl on the reclaimed Treecko. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Keane on Eterna Forest, Cyberra on Virizion, and RaichuArcanine on Chimchar.

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Just a tidbit of info. Anyone wanting to CF a shiny feebas fly to fortree city go left and fish under the first bridge in the daytime (shadowy portion) 100% feebas everytime!

TheMaster327

Now at 2,000 SRs for Treecko. How it's avoided me so far, I don't know. Hopefully I get it soon, because I want to get started!

MDS777

The name's Riley
First of all congrats to everyone! :)
I just started SRing for a shiny Latios (25 SRs).. I have OR though, so it'll probably take a while with the cut scene and all.. Wish me luck! xD

Good luck to you. I, too, am soft resetting for shiny Latios. All the damn cut scenes are annoying.

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies and good luck to everyone on their hunts. :)

Danisher

I would... but I made a silly mistake and saved after getting a normal Latais (I was tired, and to used to pressing A...) I feel like such a fool! :(

Now I am not sure what to do. Should I start AS again? I really like this save though. I have OR, so perhaps I could try and get the Eon Ticket on that. Alternatively, I have been thinking about getting White 2 sometime, so perhaps I could SR on that instead... a lack of battle/cut scene sound appealing.

Anyway, congrats to all the recent shines! :)

Oh damn what a shame.. hope you get a shiny Latias soon either way!:)
I'm still SRing for my Latios.. the cut scenes are killing me.. yesterday i didnt have so much time so I'm at about 60 SRs.. feel like it's been a 1000 already.. so slow..xD
Well, either way - not quitting till I get a shiny Latios! :)

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Oh damn what a shame.. hope you get a shiny Latias soon either way!:)
I'm still SRing for my Latios.. the cut scenes are killing me.. yesterday i didnt have so much time so I'm at about 60 SRs.. feel like it's been a 1000 already.. so slow..xD
Well, either way - not quitting till I get a shiny Latios! :)

Thanks. I have decided to get White 2 and SR it on there. Not sure if it is logical, but I am wondering whether it may actually be quicker, given the lack of cut scene. Good luck in your hunt, and remember not to let it beat you! :)

By the way, dose anyone know whether Kyogre and Groudon are shiny-locked? I seem to be getting conflicting information on weather they are or not.

TheGreaterLucario

OK, I am literally ready to tear my hair out over this Ho-oh hunt. I mean, so far the only person here who's having as bad of luck as I am seems to be A_wild_CHARIZARD. (I feel your pain, BTW.)
I'm beginning to think maybe I'm simply not worthy of encountering the glorious orange and silver phoenix.

serpent222

So, after over 2,000 horde encounters, and 5 failed dexnav chains, I found this guy in a dexnav chain of 16! Finally able to finish my 6 pokemon shiny team!

[img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/1202140048a_zps1093ce7f.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/1202140053a_zpsab841d13.jpg[/img139]

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just realised guys, it's December, and no new CH?

I almost forgot about it, to be honest xD

Anyway, for this month's CH, we currently already have two suggestions.

A 'Welcome to Hoenn' hunt for getting shinies within the hoenn dex could be a nice idea, though I like LilyValley's idea.

How about the CH is about finding shinies that are warm and ones that are cold? Not every place in the world is chilly right now, the Pokémon could represent trying to keep at a safe temperature. It could also represent those who don't mind the cold and those who need to keep warm.

Anyone have more suggestions? Or maybe you already have an option you like from the two above options?

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey all! I just got OR today..and I'm BQing it! My first target? Treecko! My bf can get me a Shiny Riolu for my friend. Only on 14 SR's so far, but best of luck to all!
~RaichuArcanine~