• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Just breached 1k SRs for my Zekrom. Passed my luck to a buddy SRing for a Shiny Lugia. So yea. Hopefully he gets his and I get mine soon. I have the charm so TECHNICALLY I should get one within another 4. But we all know how it really works xD

Congrats to all who have seen the shine and to those still searching I hope you see the shine soon. :D

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Congrats to recent shinies, just started SR'ing for Latias, hope it doesn't take too long.

To update you guys in my treecko hunt still no luck, I have been hunting nonstop since last Sunday (over a week) 100+ hours and 10k+ resets and I'm getting anxious as I am hearing about the various features that are in the game and story! I'm patient enough to give this another week until calling quits and soft reset for a timid female :/

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Currently SR'ing for Shiny Latias on OR. I didn't bother with Latios, cutscenes take too long. I'll be going for shiny Regis and hopefully shiny Rayquaza though. :)

No. 1 Machop Fan

I've heard rumours, and even seen a low-quality pic, of shiny Machop having changed from brown to green in ORAS. Has anyone else found a shiny Machop in ORAS and can prove if this true with higher-quality pics?

Cutty

Forever now
2,500 SRs into count. Where is my shiny starter? *sigh*

Onto 3k~

WhySoCarefree

Had a RE with a Shiny Taillow when I was in Petalburg Woods. Only my second Shiny RE ever. Next thing is DexNav chaining to get Electrike shiny before I move towards Flannery.

I've been having really good luck lately! 2 days after my lugia shone, I got another pretty pink shiny. Only took me 314 SRs this time, and I even caught it in a heal ball! And it's Jolly nature with perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, and SpA (3 in Speed - ugh) but I'm very happy with it! Think I'm going to do some dexnav chaining for a pidgeooto, buneary, or kakuna in the safari zone now, although I might also go for a shiny mesprit/uxie depending on which one is next in the rotation in the cavern. And congratz to everyone else on their recent shinies!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/qJOSs6h.jpg?1[/img139]

Last edited:

tothewest88

I know there was some uncertainty around Zekrom able to be shiny & SR'able in ORAS, and I just came across someone claiming they caught a Shiny Zekrom through SR in ORAS.
Screen shot 2014-12-02 at 10.43.08 AM.jpg

Razorbadger

Congrats to Mogar on Latias, Cyberra on Beldum and Swablu, TomoEGoto on Shuppet, AmazingChi on Mudkip, Keane on Budew (you deserved a quick hunt after that first Budew), Spawty on Mespirit, Twilit Dragoon on Wurmple, Taillow and Latios, Typlox on Lugia, Draknir on Cresselia and Audino, Yoitsdaffy on Magnemite and Raikou, Jessara on Treecko, oarfish on Zekrom, Registeel and Cresselia, KzBreakdown on Zekrom, Siria on Trapinch and Bagon, kirkeastment on Mudkip, Shine on Reshiram, shinyclauncher1234 on Cobalion, Lost on Zigzagoon, nickM on Treecko, MurderofKrow on Torchic and Lotad, RightClick on Keckleon, RaichuArcanine on Mudkip, I, Pink Elephant on Shieldon, Iwanuq on Cobalion, tothewest88 on Wurmple, Prakhar on Venipede, maldoror on Poochyena, Reshiram and Heatran, JackD334 on Linoone, Wolfless on Azelf, Lunistrella on Lugia and Virizion, Garde on Roselia, ClipOwl on Treecko and Nincada, Dragon Booster90 on Lickatung, Cheeze IOW on Torchic, BeneathTheWaves on Lunatone, Akko on Fennekin and Wurmple, WhySoCarefree on Taillow and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Keane for the congrats.

I've been SRing for Mudkip pretty much constantly since Omega Ruby arrived late Friday night (seriously, what courier delivers at ten to seven at night) and have just now hit 2,500 SRs. I know that I'm still only a little over half odds but I would like for it to shine sooner rather than later so I can get on with playing the game.

Speaking of starters I've discovered that you get the Johto starters pretty much straight after beating the Elite Four. This has put me in a bit of a predicament as I was planning on starting a HG Badge Quest after I'd finished my Sevii Island hunt. Due to the nature of starter SRs in HG I'd be risking getting a duplicate if I hunted Cyndaquil in OR before starting my Badge Quest so might have to bring that forward, putting my Fire Red hunt on hold even longer. Oh the woes of there being so many targets in ORAS :p

If the Community Hunt hasn't been decided on yet I'd like to suggest a slightly less broad hunt for this month as the last few have all been quite large scale. I agree with AquaRegisteel that we should probably have something to celebrate the release of the new games and I think that hunting any of the Pokemon that have gained a Mega-Evolution / Primal Reversion in ORAS would be an interesting Community hunt. The full list for this would be
Weedle line
Pidgey line
Slowpoke line (not including Slowking)
Onix line
Treecko line
Mudkip line
Ralts line (not including Gardevoir)
Sableye
Carvanha line
Numel line
Swablu line
Snorunt line (not including Froslass)
Bagon line
Beldum line
Latias
Latios
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Buneary line
Audino

I left the Torchic line out of this even though it's Mega was only released by event in X / Y, although if people to decide to choose this for the CH and want to include Torchic then that would be fine.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

I know there was some uncertainty around Zekrom able to be shiny & SR'able in ORAS, and I just came across someone claiming they caught a Shiny Zekrom through SR in ORAS.
View attachment 13926

I don't think there has been uncertainty since Aaron on YT found a live shiny Reshiram, and if Reshiram is able to be shiny is OR then Zekrom is in AS. They are able to be shiny, no doubts.
--
As for my hunts, I'm at 625. Hoping to charge my camera up and at least get to 725 today. I'm averaging about 100 SRs a day but I've only captured about 200 SRs on camera. I just want Lugia to shine so I can capture and SR some legends I don't want to SR for shininess, but for IVs/Natures to get them out of the way. I could do it now, but I'm not SRing anything until Lugia shines for me lol

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
I don't think there has been uncertainty since Aaron on YT found a live shiny Reshiram, and if Reshiram is able to be shiny is OR then Zekrom is in AS. They are able to be shiny, no doubts.
--
As for my hunts, I'm at 625. Hoping to charge my camera up and at least get to 725 today. I'm averaging about 100 SRs a day but I've only captured about 200 SRs on camera. I just want Lugia to shine so I can capture and SR some legends I don't want to SR for shininess, but for IVs/Natures to get them out of the way. I could do it now, but I'm not SRing anything until Lugia shines for me lol
sorry for not having any photos, but I can personally confirm, along with a few others, that Zekrom is available as a legitimate shiny now

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I haven't posted in awhile but today I got my first OR Shiny. I chain fished a shiny Feebas! This is also my first chain fished Shiny in general.

Pacman

I CF a Shiny Clauncher in X.

I was about to stop, but I kept on going and got one.

I'm still trying to get Shiny Lugia in SS.

keldeoboy

congratz on all the recent shinies!
Today after finishing the Delta episode i decided to SR Reshiram for a while and i started this hunt feeling like it would be really short and not even 12 soft resets later this beauty appeared
IMG_20141202_224348.jpg
I used a Timid sync and got a Adamant natured Reshiram with max HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def ivs -_-' can't complain though! i hope deoxys is lock free! Good luck everyone!

Keovix

Congrats to Akko on Wurmple, MurderofKrow on Lotad, maldoror on Heatran, serpent222 on Oddish, WhySoCareFree on Taillow, Lumistrella on Virizion, StrongBad456 on Feebas, Pacman on Clauncher, keldeoboy on Reshiram and everyone else on your shinies!

After one day and 470 SR's Zekrom shone, so happy this is my first AS shiny, it looks so cool in 3d, specially the neon green lights it irradiates whenever an attack is done.

It has naughty nature (synchronize worked) and has perfect IV's in Attack, Defense and Speed, 24-25 in HP, the other two are low.

Gonna SR for Lugia now, already have one from the 4th gen but I wanna see it appear in AS.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Ekoyuhale

Gratz on all the ORAS shinies guys!

I've never posted here before, more of the lurking type.

But hey, it's never too late, right?

...Unless you're the shiny Reshiram I ran into last night, and let struggle itself to death in my half asleep stupor >_< I'm going to go for it again, but wow that wasn't a good feeling

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I hatched another 40 eggs for my Shiny Magby Masuda Method hunt earlier today. I also finally started on my Shiny Deoxys SR hunt in Omega Ruby. I did 50 soft resets during the afternoon and I plan on doing at least 50 more tonight as well. Anyway, congrats to others on their new Shinies as well.