• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Domino_621

Shiny Hunter
Blanket congrats to everyone!

Back from along time of inactivity. Unsure of what I should hunt for. Using the MM, I'm thinking of breeding for shiny Slowpoke or shiny Riolu while getting ivs. Would love to SR for shiny Latios but alas I have not gotten the eon ticket. :( I'm unsure if I'm going to hunt for shiny Deoxys, but I have a feeling it is shiny locked. Until someone gets one I will try. Anyways sorry for the pointless post... I'm happy to be back and make some Pokemon shine!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
I know there was some uncertainty around Zekrom able to be shiny & SR'able in ORAS, and I just came across someone claiming they caught a Shiny Zekrom through SR in ORAS.
View attachment 13926

I don't think there was ever Controversy. But in case here is my own picture as proof

http://instagram.com/p/wGumykr6nS/?modal=true

Got him about 0520 after 1250 SRs.

Moving on Raikou for my next hunt. At 110 right now and about to take a break to sleep and go to work. Ewwwww lol.

Congrats to all who have seen the shine and to all else I hope you see the shine soon :D

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Congrats to Akko on Wurmple, MurderofKrow on Lotad, maldoror on Heatran, serpent222 on Oddish, WhySoCareFree on Taillow, Lumistrella on Virizion, StrongBad456 on Feebas, Pacman on Clauncher, keldeoboy on Reshiram and everyone else on your shinies!

After one day and 470 SR's Zekrom shone, so happy this is my first AS shiny, it looks so cool in 3d, specially the neon green lights it irradiates whenever an attack is done.

It has naughty nature (synchronize worked) and has perfect IV's in Attack, Defense and Speed, 24-25 in HP, the other two are low.

Gonna SR for Lugia now, already have one from the 4th gen but I wanna see it appear in AS.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Hey, hey! I haven't posted here in forever, but what are the odds?
I also just got my shiny Zekrom after a three-day hunt. Not straight, thankfully, and I can't tell you how many Soft Resets it took(I don't really keep track of that sort of thing), but here is a pic!
https://38.media.tumblr.com/2cbe4ab87f268b4cf72b19da7b146910/tumblr_nfzfr5Y1z41tus2bdo1_r2_1280.png

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Have not encountered a Shiny in AS yet, but I keep looking. I'm impatient so soft resetting would drive me insane just to get one. Would be happy with any Shiny actually, ever since catching my first Shiny ever in B2 a Shiny Whirlpede in Lostlorn Forest. I've found a lot in the Friend Safaris in X and Y, a Shiny Charizard is my most favourite right now. Caught him as a Charmeleon in X and the Mega Evo on Shiny Charizard is so cool! Also got a Shiny Chikorita off the GTS, a Shiny Boldore named Azure (since it's blue-violet coloured), Shiny non-event Metagross in Y that I caught in W2 and transferred in, a Shiny Sunflora from B2. I have a lot in X and Y and hope to continue the streak on ORAS.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to EmiiLava on Omanyte and Swablu and Anorith, Azulart on Audino, TheMaster327 on Lugia, TomoEGoto on Zangoose, ebevan91 on Scyther, Jeppo on Shinx, CharlieDoryRose on Mareep, Crystagon on Trapinch, serpent222 on both Zorua, Supremacy on Ralts, LilyValley on Tornadus, Omega Sapphire on Treecko, Paraqua on Treecko, Cyberra on Deino, ColtonL on Swablu, Pluski on Mudkip, jrmftw on Wurmple, PopPrincess_Lyra on something :p, Storm_Dragoon on Treecko, Pluski on the three Mudkip, Kyle Clarthy on Mudkip, Terra Force on Seedot, Quils on Litwick, Ho-Oh the Rainbow Pokemon on Woobat, Storm_Dragoon on Marill, Lost on Marill, ohjeezitskim on Eevee, Ellie on Zubat, PKMNOriginsRed on Seviper, Demonslayer492 on Wingull, Gligari on Riolu, Sparky Mc-S on Zubat, eiger on Beldum, rocky505 on Carvanha, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon, Storm_Dragoon on Mudkip, Kingzard on Wurmple, Lorde on Gulpin, AuroraQueenSuicune on Gloom, serpent222 on Skitty, SilverChiko on Happiny, jackhh on Sharpedo, AzulTheCerulean20 on Cascoon, TomoEGoto on Cresselia, Yoitsdaffy on Reshiram, Drakonekoshi on Mudkip, Ho-Oh The Rainbow Pokemon on Lugia, LeoX on Latias, TheMaster327 on Groudon, MultiDarkShadow777 on Treecko, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, TomoEGoto on Reshiram, Keane on Budew, Growlie19 on Marill and Growlithe, Storm_Dragoon on Flabebe, Razorbadger on Heracross, Mogar on Latias, Demonslayer492 on Wingull, Cyberra on Beldum, TomoEGoto on Shuppet, AmazingChi on Mudkip, Keane on Budew, Spawty on Mesprit, Typhlox on Lugia, Draknir on Cresselia, Jessara on Treecko, oarfish on Zekrom, KzBreakdown on Zekrom, Siria on Trapinch and Bagon, kirkeastment on Mudkip, Shine on Reshiram, shinyclauncher1234 on Cobalion, Draknir on Audino, Lost on Zigzagoon, oarfish on Registeel, nickM on Treecko, MurderofKrow on Torchic, RightClick on Kecleon, cocoadragon on Torchic, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon, RaichuArcanine on Mudkip, oarfish on Cresselia, Shiny Lord on Zigzagoon, Storm_Dragoon on Latios, I, Pink Elephant on Shieldon, Iwanuq on Cobalion, Cyberra on Swablu, Prakhar on Venipede, maldoror on Reshiram, Yoitsdaffy on Raikou, Demonslayer492 on Linoone, Wolfless on Azelf, Lunistrella on Lugia, Garde on Roselia, ClipOwl on Sableye and Treecko and Nincada, Cheeze IOW on Torchic, Stickit2themon on Gastly, BeneathTheWaves on Lunatone, Akko on Fennekin, maldoror on Heatran, Lunistrella on Virizion, keldeoboy on Reshiram, Keovix on Zekrom, The Majestic Mr L on Zekrom, and everyone else on your shinies!

Too bad about the Gligar, Abysmal Flames, and the Ralts, PokeAmi, and the Reshiram, Ekoyuhale (as well as Cobalion, Iwanuq, and the Treecko, ClipOwl!) =\

Thanks for the congrats, RazorBadger, Crimson Penguin, and Keane :) And thanks for the good luck, Keane!

Best wishes for your uncle, Storm_Dragoon! Hope everything’s better for you now, nickM. That sounds really rough =\ Very unfortunate about your dog, ohjeezitskim :(

And hope things start looking up for all of you, RaichuArcanine, Shadowkrow, and I, Pink Elephant!

-----------

Hm, looking at my sig and seeing my last 5 shinies, the last 4 have been under odds…Could I make it to all 5?! That wouldn’t have happened since the time I found my Johto starters, which only counts if you figure they were technically under 8,192 SRs (by number seen, most were over odds), or otherwise, it hasn’t happened since Spring last year!

I suppose it’s time to update, judging by the length of my congrats list…I haven’t been doing a ton of hunting, but in the 2 weeks since my Axew, I’ve gotten back up to 2,100 REs on Black 2, 8,200 REs on Platinum, and 5,000 HBs on HeartGold.

And I do have both OR and AS, but as suspected, they haven’t really been played :p I moved up all my shinies to OR as well (which I had to get for my main playthrough instead of AS, since Target didn’t get all the shipments of AS in and were out of stock 2 hours after opening -_-). So far, I’ve made it to…Route 104. So I really haven’t done much :x More concerned about hunting on my main games though.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, Shadowkrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Shy, and Lunafloon)!

Keovix

Hey, hey! I haven't posted here in forever, but what are the odds?
I also just got my shiny Zekrom after a three-day hunt. Not straight, thankfully, and I can't tell you how many Soft Resets it took(I don't really keep track of that sort of thing), but here is a pic!
https://38.media.tumblr.com/2cbe4ab87f268b4cf72b19da7b146910/tumblr_nfzfr5Y1z41tus2bdo1_r2_1280.png

I guess the odds are the same as in X/Y (1 in 4,096 chance) don't know if the mirage spots have enhaced odds, I also have the shiny charm equipped. Congrats on your shiny by the way :)

rocky505

Took me 12 hours. It has a Lonely nature. I'm glad Zekrom and Reshiram can be shiny now!
IMG_03961_zpsf9d51222.jpg

My nothing but green shinies continues lol. I've caught Carvanha and Sandshrew in OR and Zekrom in AS.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Yesssssssss! I switched from trying for Deoxys a few days ago to Zekrom and I just got a shiny Naive (+Spd, -Sp. Def) Zekrom!! I'm still working on my Treeko for my BQ but I'm so excited to have this Hunt done! I might try to do some RE for Slowpoke do I can get a shiny Mega Slowbro!!

Edit: So I just checked and my Zekrom has perfect Atk, Sp Def, and Spd IVs! Not bad! :)

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
OMG

Shiny Mesprit appeared :D

After what i think has to be ~1000 SR's, i can now say i own 1/3 of the Shiny Pixies. YAY!!!

I'm off to hunt my next SR target, Shiny Cobalion. My plan, is to eventually hunt down the shiny form of all of these SR legends, the Pixies especially & most of all the Legendary Beasts. I do have the event versions, but i really want them with my OT.

Congrats to Lunistrella on Shiny Virizion, sweet damn that's a Pink Shiny lol. Congrats Cutty on your Shiny Treecko, adorable Shiny. :) Also a blanket congrats to those Shiny Zekrom i've seen posted recently, i can tell ya'll have been waiting ages to get a legitimate Shiny Zekrom lol, and it shows, looks great too, that green drive. :D

Good luck with your hunts everyone, and i leave you with some adorable pictures of my Shiny Mesprit :D

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/0E1DDC4D-1828-4A69-AEE3-D85994EF9F41_zpstsvgfvzr.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/75F14E4B-E790-4467-A4D6-EEAFEB2598F8_zps4gij2mvr.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/42BBD739-21D4-4957-9792-FEB30D40B523_zpskxo7ejvl.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Wow. So many people are finding shiny Zekroms. Congratulations to you all. (And to all the other recent shinies.)

I have passed 1,400 SR's for Terrakion, but it has not shined yet.
I do plan on starting my OR soon so I can SR for its exclusive legendaries, especially Reshiram (I plan on keeping my master ball this time so I can use it on Reshiram just in case).

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

gamer_legend

Becareful Azul because I've seen no evidence besides the Pokemon Summary Screens to suggest that either Lati@s is available as a shiny in this game mate. I haven't seen a single encounter to suggest that it is anyway and given the methods available I think it's reasonable to question that summary image of Latios.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
After 347 srs, I got my Heatran to shine. Sadly my timid sync didn't work, but mild is still passable. I will post pics later today hopefully.

EDIT: Didn't have time to comment earlier on how lucky I felt with this hunt. I knew the shiny charm would bring the odds down considerably, but I definitely didn't expect Heatran this early. She is definitely going to see competitive use with her decent nature, but her IVs are max in three sections being her Attack, Def., and Sp. Def so is this normal for these legends? Seeing how Timer Balls don't go kindly with the risk of struggle, I will most likely capture all shiny legendaries with Repeat Balls. Pictures will still take time to upload. Thx for the congrats everybody because now I feel pumped towards my next legend hunt with the Cobalion that has been on my list for quite some time.

Last edited:

gamer_legend

:) Congrats ShiningKnight. Mild is an alright nature on Heatran so that's good find.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Becareful Azul because I've seen no evidence besides the Pokemon Summary Screens to suggest that either Lati@s is available as a shiny in this game mate. I haven't seen a single encounter to suggest that it is anyway and given the methods available I think it's reasonable to question that summary image of Latios.

They can be shiny, I have a shiny Latios from Omega Ruby. I wasn't going to record five minute Team Magma battles to 'prove' that it could shine when my camera cannot record live shiny videos. Good for you though that you believe everyone who got a shiny Latios or shiny Latias from ASOR without the Eon Ticket is a 'hacker'. :rolleyes:
~

Hey guys, it is Storm_Dragoon, I got my name changed :).

Anyways, I started SRing for shiny Reshiram a couple days ago, but nothing shiny just yet. I'm currently at 2678 SRs for it, but the luck I've had in this game, I can't complain that I don't have it yet. It is my second longest shiny hunt in this game right now.

Thanks guys for the well wishes on my uncle, he finally got home from the hospital yesterday and is doing well :).

Congrats to I, Pink Elephant, Iwanuq, tothewest88, Prakhar, Navarch, maldoror, Yoitsdaffy, JackD334, Demonslayer492, Wolfless, kirkeastment, Lunistrella, Garde, ClipOwl, Dragon Booster90, Cheeze IOW, PokeAmi, Stickit2themon, BeneathTheWaves, Akko, MurderofKrow, serpent222, WhySoCarefree, keldeoboy, Keovix, The Majestic Mr L, rocky505, KittyKitty3308, Cutty, ShiningKnightXY, and anyone I missed on their new shinies.

EDIT:

That's because you can only see if it is shiny in the summary screen lol
It's also very unfair to assume that the actually fair few people who got it hacked it. I'd keep things like that to yourself if I were you.

This is exactly why there are no encounter pictures of Latios, because there is NO encounter, you automatically get it after you beat Team Magma.

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

That's because you can only see if it is shiny in the summary screen lol
It's also very unfair to assume that the actually fair few people who got it hacked it. I'd keep things like that to yourself if I were you.

ohjeezitskim

sorry for not having any photos, but I can personally confirm, along with a few others, that Zekrom is available as a legitimate shiny now

That is what I said in my post x3 I said that Aaron found a live shiny reshiram (meaning a video of him SRing it) about two days or so after the game was out. So I've known it's been possible for all legends but the weather trio and I have doubts about deoxys also. I need video proof of those four however before I believe it lol
--
computer is acting funny... going to edit in the next part of my post.
(told me my sata drive was removed but I've never thrown my laptop
or opened it so I don't know what is going on and it keeps freezing ;-; ... )
---

As for me, I unfortunately didn't get to my goal SR last night
I was short 25, so I only did 75. Mostly because it was later in the night
and my boyfriend came home and I usually don't like recording when
anyone is around. So that leaves me at a good ole 700 SRs for Lugia!
Still early in the hunt, I know, I just get discouraged when many, many,
many, people are finding them around 300 SRs

I got SO distracted by organizing my pokemon in pokebank. Since I have almost 1.5k in there, it was looking really sloppy, SO all my spare 5IV mons (over 200) i put into color coordination. All blue mons in one box, all pinks in another, ect! And then also organized the legendaries I had into gen 1-gen 6 boxes.. Which made me realize I have 4 of each of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. About 4 Deoxys, 4 Jirachi, and about NINE MEWTWO lol. Most of the Mewtwo are from trades so they don't count all too much :p

I've also been back into training/leveling up competitive pokes. I got 15 to level 50+ yesterday with about 8 Blissey based and that was great! I had 33 that needed to be trained and I got almost half done :3

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Yesterday I began resetting for Mesprit. After checking some berries Azelf appeared instead, but I am going to get that after Mesprit ( Nasty Plot is deadly on Azelf...) Synchronizing for Timid, hope everything turns out well.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Hey there everyone, it's been a while, but congrats to all of you on your recent shinies, especially those who've found shiny starters and legends!

Just like last year with XY, I haven't found any shinies during my first playthrough of Alpha Sapphire. As such, November has become my first shiny-less month in over a year, since last October when XY was released. : ( I beat AS last weekend and have been doing a few SRs here and there for Azelf (which was the first Mirage Spot legend to show up for me... it's either that or Cobalion right now and I don't care about Cobalion that much), but to no avail. I also messed around with DexNav last night and got an Eevee chain up to 20 or so, but then it randomly broke. My school schedule has freed up just a little bit, though, so I'll be trying to hunt for some more shinies over the next few days. I still need to finish Omega Ruby and try to get my hands on a shiny Reshiram, though (I only just beat the first gym...). I also want to trade over my shiny Pidgeot, Camerupt, and Steelix so I can see them in all their Mega glory. : D

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Razorbadger

Congrats to keckleoboy on Reshiram, Keovix on Zekrom, Blastonite on Zekrom, The Majestic Master L on Zekrom, rocky505 on Zekrom, KittyKity3308 on Zekrom, Cutty on Treecko (and on breaking a chain of five successive Zekrom in this congrats list :p), kirkeastment on Mespirit, ShiningKnightXY on Heatran and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Cpchris for the congrats.

Yay, I have my first ever shiny starter. After 3,150 SRs in Omega Ruby Mudkip decided to shine meaning that I can start my Hoenn adventure.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20141203_162044_zps6d6df917.jpg[/IMG139]

My camera doesn't do justice to just how vibrantly purple he is to be honest. He does have a bold nature which is about as bad as is possible for Swampert but considering how beautiful he is I really couldn't care less. I struggled throughout the hunt to think what I would nickname Mudkip when it finally shone and it wasn't until I was at the nickname screen that I remembered the Crannogmen who live in a swampy area in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and decided to name him after Jojen Reed as a result.

I'm probably going to take a few days off of hunting now to play through the game and once I've beaten the Elite Four I'll start my Heart Gold BQ to free up the Johto Starters in OR. It'll be a while until I return to my Sevii Islands hunt at any rate.

Good luck hunting everyone :)