• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
This isn't exactly a new shiny per se, as I've had him for a while, but I'd thought I'd share this monstrosity with you all.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/c4c2dc529ac0abb34864cdb7744517c2/tumblr_ng1kcnKFpI1tus2bdo1_1280.jpg

Yes, that is my shiny Zelrom's wing in the background. Or in the foreground, I suppose. Anyway yeah shiny Mega Rayquaza. Literally the most overpowered thing I have ever seen. Apparently it's only on par with Mega Mewtwo X and Y for both base attack and special attack respectively, but geez... Mine has 452 Attack in this form even without a beneficial nature or good IVs. It is fully EV trained though so I suppose that helps.

Soooo feel to correct me if I am wrong here. But Rayquaza can't be shiny in ORAS and only the Rayquaza from ORAS Sky Pillar can learn Dragons Ascent which allows it to go mega right? So how do you have a shiny Mega Razyquaza?

As for my Raikou hunt I am at 650ish SRs for him right now. Been slowly hunting with my bust work schedule xD

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Soooo feel to correct me if I am wrong here. But Rayquaza can't be shiny in ORAS and only the Rayquaza from ORAS Sky Pillar can learn Dragons Ascent which allows it to go mega right? So how do you have a shiny Mega Razyquaza?

As for my Raikou hunt I am at 650ish SRs for him right now. Been slowly hunting with my bust work schedule xD

because any Rayquaza can be taught Dragon Ascent. :)

It's a Move Tutor move.

Last edited:

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
It seems like I haven't been here in ages.
Congrats to everyone on their new shines.
And everyone else, don't give up, you'll get what you seek, eventually.

I don't really even recall when I started out on this hunt.
September of 2013 perhaps...
After 2300 eggs in Platinum(I almost gave up on it at some point) and 300+ RE's in the Friend safari.

The dreaded shiny drought has finally ended.

Modest and 31 IVs in HP and Atk, not the dream team contender, but that's enough for me.
Taught him better moves(You can see thunderbolt already, I forgot to take a picture out of excitement at first) and starting out on EV training now.
For now I'm not sure of what to do, I think I'll finish my team and get the shiny charm before starting out on anything grand again.

Last edited:
I have officially given up in getting a shiny treecko have gone for a female with a timid nature instead which to a degree I'm happy with, I know I will end up with omega ruby in the future so I will have my second chance then

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well after catching Heatran, I began to hunt for Cobalion. Overall I have about 150 resets on him and I hope to get up to at least 300 tonight. Good luck to everyone, and congrats to all these shinies.

EDIT: Does anyone know what hunts are being debated for this month's CH? Other than that, nice to see Prince of May has returned to the thread after the release of ORAS, and a huge congrats to maldoror on both Virizion and Cobalion within only a few encounters of eachother. Another 150 SRs for me with no Cobalion. I may take a break from hunting so I can trade over all my items from XY.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Congratulations everyone on their latest shinies!

... aaawh, I miss you guys. I always do that when there's a new game coming out; I lose my motivation to hunt, and it comes back after the game is basically done.
First, I want to finish my Contests, complete the PokéDex (or at the very least the National one to get the Oval Charm; I don't want to get the Shiny Charm) and bring my in-game team to level 100 (I just don't know how to train them a little bit before getting to rematch the Elite Four without struggle).

Once that is done, I plan on hunting for Cresselia on ORAS, first. I believe if I get a slightly easier shiny, and one I've been dreaming of for a while now, it might get me back into the bath more easily so I can jump on harder hunts in the previous generations with full odds. After that, I think I'll go back on my HeartGold game and hunt for a shiny Ho-Oh (I did reset my game before ORAS to make it fresh, so it's not the same game I got my shiny Kyogre, Mudkip and Magnemite in, so I'm kinda scared this one might be stubborn with shinies) and my Buneary Masuda Method on Diamond. If I have the time, Shaymin on Diamond will be next, followed up with Tangela in one of those games, somehow...

So I hope I'll be able to share some shinies of mine with you soon! See ya! :p

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Welp, after softresetting for a shiny starter (about 20 hours) I gave up, played the game, completed everything except a few, started softresetting for zekrom for about 7 hours and still nothing, and now I see that almost everyone is getting a Zekrom here I might as well switch to Lugia in stead. :p I keep getting shiny scares with Zekrom anyway.

So I'm gonna continue on Lugia until I receive the EON Ticket on Saturday, then I will switch over to Latios. But I really hope Lugia will end my drought, my last shiny was months and I gave up on the Groudon/Kyogre hunt in HGSS dual SR. (I think it's about 16k Softresets with nothing to show for.)

maldoror

After two days of soft resetting for Regirock, I decided to switch up targets. After less than 100 SRs, Cobalion sjhined!

http://i.imgur.com/3LQyQ4Y.jpg

I was ab out to switch targets again and on the last SR I heard the sparkles. It's mild natured which isn't great, but it is more of a trophy anyway.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

EDIT: This is ridiculous! I went back to the pathless plain to see which of the Muskateers showed up next. After 3 soft resets, Virizion shined!

http://i.imgur.com/K6DbDUe.jpg

Last edited:

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
No tada from me today, why? Because I am sad and need a big hug. T^T I SR for a shiny Zekrom for God knows how long and after 343 SR, one FINALLY appeared! I was so happy, I used false swipe 3 times and an extra two just for good measure even though it's HP was done to 1. I switched out like 2-3 times, then began chucking 51 Luxury Balls at it. It's 4 moves have a total of 60 PP combined and I had no ability of pressure so I had enough to catch it. I had a master ball just incase even though I really didn't want it in it. I was going to catch it with a master ball after it somehow popped outta the 51st and last I'll add, Luxury Ball but then, the unthinkable happened, for whatever reason, it used struggle, and I now know where I miscalculated. I forgot I had used a full restore 1 time and I must a miscalculated on how many times I switched out but, the moment when I was going to chuck a master ball, it used struggle and fainted. I just want to cry! T^T I SR another 13 times but nothing, even went back to the spot after getting 100 more Luxury balls and flying on latias a few times before I even reset just incase it re-spawned but it didn't. I need a hug. T^T

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
No tada from me today, why? Because I am sad and need a big hug. T^T I SR for a shiny Zekrom for God knows how long and after 343 SR, one FINALLY appeared! I was so happy, I used false swipe 3 times and an extra two just for good measure even though it's HP was done to 1. I switched out like 2-3 times, then began chucking 51 Luxury Balls at it. It's 4 moves have a total of 60 PP combined and I had no ability of pressure so I had enough to catch it. I had a master ball just incase even though I really didn't want it in it. I was going to catch it with a master ball after it somehow popped outta the 51st and last I'll add, Luxury Ball but then, the unthinkable happened, for whatever reason, it used struggle, and I now know where I miscalculated. I forgot I had used a full restore 1 time and I must a miscalculated on how many times I switched out but, the moment when I was going to chuck a master ball, it used struggle and fainted. I just want to cry! T^T I SR another 13 times but nothing, even went back to the spot after getting 100 more Luxury balls and flying on latias a few times before I even reset just incase it re-spawned but it didn't. I need a hug. T^T

Aww. Well atleast it was only 343 SRs. Good luck on the reclaim.

Meanwhile, Tornadus is at ~5k SRs. Hopefully it shines soon, I really wanna start a BQ on this game.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, after three days off, one due to being sick and two normal days off, and TONS of SR's, I finally got my long-awaited shiny torchic. :D He's male, calm nature, and quick to flee. I named him Hoisan, just because. Funny enough, I kept looking at my game for 90% of the time to see if torchic popped out, and when it did I didn't see it pop out, I just looked down in time to see the yellow bird and the sparkles.

I'll be trying out the DexNav to see if I can chain a shiny, but even if I don't get one anytime soon, I'm definitely having fun with it. I got a three-star HA ralts and a ralts and zigzagoon with egg moves, so I'll see what I can find.

And yes, I heard you can break a chain by catching a pokemon, but I can't pass up a three-star HA ralts. XD

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
because any Rayquaza can be taught Dragon Ascent. :)

It's a Move Tutor move.

MANY THANKS! :) I was unaware I'm glad they did that now that I know about it.

As for Raikou I'm at 1015 Srs. He's being elusive for now. But I shall get him eventually :p

Congrats to all who have seen the shine and to those searching for it I hope you see it soon.

As far as I can tell if you accidentally Faint them then you can't got back and get them. Just like how you can't Run Encounter them :/ You'll have you restart you game if you wish to rehunt him :/ I am sorry for you loss

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Well my laptop is out of order again. I think my sata drive died and my computer
Will freeze up no matter what after about 10 minutes. Very upset since its a very
Expensive laptop :/

About my Lugia hunt, still frustrating, almost everyone is getting theirs around 300 SRs
And I'm at 950. Hoping to do more today to get to 1000. At least it'll be worth
It when it happens!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

Respawns generally require you to defeat the E4.

Sorry you lost out btw, sux big time. I know you'll get it again though, so best of luck. :)

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
So....long time no see guys!

I've had the busiest month lately with a new essay to write and give in each week, among other things, but life has finally calmed down with just a few more lectures between now and Christmas. : ) And I can finally play pokemon again! Since my last post I haven't really done much shiny hunting...did a bit more REing in X on my commutes but now I've got OR that's pretty much out the window. Regarding ORAS shinies, I'm not sure if I'll go for the legendaries or not...I definitely want them all at some point but seeing how quick you get your starter, I'm sort of tempted to get AS later and do a badge quest or something on that.....I'll definitely try out the DexNav chaining thing once my pokemon are a bit stronger though. I haven't read much about it but I assume it's legit (I'm sure I'll find out when I read through this thread). And of course, it would be nice to get a random shiny at some point. : )

In any case, nothing else really exciting to report but congrats to all the recent shinies and good luck to all those hunting! I'm gonna look through all the recent shinies, hopefully they'll be lots of ORAS ones. ^w^

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
I've not been on in a little while. Congrats to all the new shinies out there =D

I'm super happy right now. I was chain hunting Absol with the DexNav and with an encounter level of 75 (and less than 30 encounters since I started my game up this evening) I found an adorable Shiny Absol with Super Luck and an adamant nature! =D he's the first shiny I've caught in Omega Ruby (not counting the Shiny Beldum)

I'm loving this new DexNav function =D for those still hunting, keep on going!

Cheeze IOW

And after around 8 hours of horde hunting the shiny finally pops... but of course it's not the Aron I was after but a Zubat. Guess I'll have just to keep going :(

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Hey everyone haven't posted on here in a long time. I've probably had quiet a few shinies since I last posted but my 2 most recent ones have been a shiny timid 5iv eevee that I got while getting my bf a new espeon since he lost his Y version. It doesn't have its HA and it's missing special attack.

My most recent shiny that I got yesterday is a shiny reshiram that I was sr for :). Pretty sure it was less than 200 sr but I wasn't counting. It's the first sr shiny I have ever gone for so I'm happy that I got it so fast. I might go for another one soon but for now I'm doing some contests.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So late last night I resumed doing more soft resets for my Shiny Deoxys hunt and I did around 70 in total. I also hatched about 20 more Magby eggs for my Masuda Method hunt this morning, which was mediocre progress, but alas. Anyway, congrats to others and good luck to everyone else as well on their hunts.