• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
All I can say is that I am very indecisive with my SR hunts. I have now moved to Reshiram and have passed about 700-800 resets since last night. I hope this doesn't pass the odds, but, if it does, Heatran was quick anyways so this may just repay all the time I was spared. Sorry I almost always blanket congrats, but I just cannot remember all completed hunts. Good luck to all on your hunts.

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Havent posted in a couple weeks so just wanted drop an update. Latios is sitting at 710 sr's in OR.....i still have a small shred of hope that it'll shine before 1k, but its my fav legend and it comes with a guaranteed nature so its too good of an opportunity to give up on. So i probably wont post again until i have something tangible.

I will be following the thread though, so good luck on all current hunts and congratz on all recent shinies!!!!

@tomatohater: couldnt figure out the quote system, but to answer your question yes i am using a timid synch, it works 100% with gift lati@s. i've done 700+ sr's and they have all been timid except the couple that i got where i didnt lead with synch to make sure iv's were changing. I've also seen this confirmed by others so dnt forget your synch when you start :).

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Havent posted in a couple weeks so just wanted drop an update. Latios is sitting at 710 sr's in OR.....i still have a small shred of hope that it'll shine before 1k, but its my gav legend and it comes with a guaranteed nature so its too good of an opportunity to give up on. So i probably wont post again until i have something tangible.

I will be following the thread though, so good luck on all current hunts and congratz on all recent shinies!!!!

Guaranteed? Are you just using a synchroniser? If so, they only have a 50% chance of passing on the desired nature.

maldoror

Musketeer trio complete!

http://i.imgur.com/6YWzboU.jpg

Had to use my master ball which I am not happy about, but I had no choice as he was destroying my team.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your hunts!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Oh wow. There's been so many new ORAS shinies here since I last posted...

... but none for me yet. :p

I'm still SR'ing for my shiny Treecko in AS. I'm currently at around 1600 SR for it.

Congrats on all the new shinies. ^_^

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Currently trying to figure out how to properly set up for a shiny flawless/near flawless Swablu.... it won't be as hard to get the perfect parents since the DexNav is a thing, but the shiny odds..... I can't possibly afford to trade a flawless foreign parent so MM is out of the question, and I don't have the shiny charm.....

Will I be able to endure an egg hunt of 1/4096 shiny odds? I wonder....

Ryuken

Steel User
After 14hrs of non-stop SF I finally managed to catch a Shiny Timid Reshiram with decent IVs in speed and max Sp.Atk and HP.
I say it was relatively decent for my first shiny hunt involving Soft Resetting.

Mewtwo Ex

Meddling your D.N.A
Day 5. Today was not a good day. Tornadus still eludes me...

Another 16 hours of senseless button mashing...

I still have will to go on... however its slipping through my fingers...

*Passes out*

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This afternoon I did around 50 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza SR hunt on Ruby version, which I also plan on working on more later tonight. I also hatched around 40 more Magby eggs for my Masuda Method Shiny hunt last night, which was fab. Congrats to others and good luck to everyone else on their hunts too.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Alright! After 263 soft resets, I have gotten a Shiny Mudkip! So, Community Hunt complete, and my first Pokemon for my Badge Quest in ORAS is done!

TripleDan

I got my first Omega Ruby shiny yesterday morning, a shiny Oddish after a 44 DexNav chain. Worried that I've already cashed in all my luck though, as I'm currently in a 122 chain for a Skarmory with nothing :(

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Congrats to everyone on their shines! I just started a badgequest on my OR currently 465 SRs in for torchic. I hope it shines soon. Good luck to those hunting!

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I was just running around a friend safari in Y that I got after I traded some Pokemon to a person on Serenes Forest and I found a shiny Petilil after about 10 or so encounters.My first RE and friend safari shiny,so I'm real happy.

TheMaster327

Thanks for the congrats, guys :)

Sorry to hear about your pets, Prince of May. Hope things get better for you soon :)

Whismur's IVs are 16, 17 / 27 / 10 / 2 / 13 / 8

Sp. Atk is lacking, so trying to stick some EVs in there to boost Boomburst when it gets it... It's going to be 252 Attack, 200 HP, 56 Sp. Atk.

Tagi

So,

With the heightened odds for SR shinies in ORAS I most certainly want to start a badgequest - only I want to do something hard to give me perspective before I try for the easier ones in Omega Ruby

So I'm SR for a shiny Spirittomb in Pearl. Wish me luck!

(I've got my breeding goals on hold for the moment while I do this.)

I've also gotten a shiny Drowzee and Driftblim in FS since my last post ;)

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
^ Congrats Shinehollow, on your first RE Shiny. ^^

Well I just ran into my 3rd ORAS Shiny, unintentionally, while EV training my Beautifly & Swablu.

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141207_180103_zpsidcdnaak.jpg[/IMG300]

Shiny Spinda. I do have one from Y, but since they're all uniquely-spotted, it's not all that bad. Wasn't too surprised when she appeared but I'm happy I found her regardless. Any native Hoenn-born Shinies are welcomed here, lol!

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141207_181203_zpsjzmbepas.jpg[/IMG300]

She was leveled up a lil bit here

Mild Nature, female, and Thoroughly Cunning. I named her Holly after obviously, Christmas, that is coming up and she's a green color...maybe yellowish-green but whatever.

All of my shinies in ORAS so far have been female......

~ Good Luck everyone! ~

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations everyone on their latest shinies! :D

You can argue all you want with me, I think trips at grandma's are the best way to hunt shinies! The hour-long car trip twice a day as well as the time not doing anything there is so helpful!

About 15 hours deep into my Cresselia hunt, and since I do about 1,5 SRs per minute, then that makes around 1350 SRs (and I'm pretty sure it's more than that; I was really concentrated yesterday). Already ? Time flies so fast! I didn't even see those go! Hoping to get this hunt done with soon enough, though. I've got so many things to do; I even prepared myself for my Buneary MM hunt in Diamond (which I'm excited for a lot).

... plus, I really need something comforting right now... My dog died this morning... She had a sort of heart tumor or something... Can't really tell right now; my mother was too broken to speak clearly... I don't like when mom cries. :( And it's difficult not to cry. I have this big... ball in my throat since like 2 AM...
And at the beginning of the week I lost my precious cat, too! It's starting to be hard on the heart. I just need something to get my mind off of this... And I think a shiny gives a lot of hope. It did, not even a year ago, when I reclaimed my shiny Kyogre after my dear Cosmo died.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog and cat. It's always hard when you lose a pet. Just remember all the good times you had with them, and the good life you gave them... and, in the case of your dog, try to find solace in the fact that she's not in pain anymore?
I'm sorry if I'm terrible with condolences. =\ I hope you're able to find a shiny very soon, though.

Currently trying to figure out how to properly set up for a shiny flawless/near flawless Swablu.... it won't be as hard to get the perfect parents since the DexNav is a thing, but the shiny odds..... I can't possibly afford to trade a flawless foreign parent so MM is out of the question, and I don't have the shiny charm.....

Will I be able to endure an egg hunt of 1/4096 shiny odds? I wonder....

I might be misinterpreting this, but if you need a flawless foreign parent for MMing I can easily breed one for you. I have everything I need so I'd trade it to you for basically nothing.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
A few days ago I started doing a Shiny Snivy hunt using the Masuda Method. I've hatched 330 eggs so far. I hope it shines soon. :) Hopefully before Christmas.

And congrats to anyone on recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting. :)

Keovix

The Prince Of May really sorry to hear about your pets, hope things get better soon, time heals.

Kigzard on Swablu, ClipOwl on Whismur, KzBreakdown on Kyogre, Silvah_Rush on Treecko, Dylz on Swablu and Numel, TheMaster327 on Whismur, Cheeze IOW on Oddish and Roselia, Shiny Lord on Makuhita, PKMN Trainer Gary on Tyranitar, Venasaur, Garchomp, Greninja, Mewostic, Scizor, Zoroark, Charizard X & Y, Vivillon, Gengar, Audino, Delphox and Weavile, TheGreaterLucario on Feebas, maldoror on Terrakion, Ryuken on Reshiram, Lost on Mudkip, TripleDan on Oddish, Shinehollow on Petilil, Tagi on Driftblim and Drowzee, Kingzard on Spinda, Pokepro1992 on Latios and everyone else on your shinies!

Have found two shinies in the X Friend Safari, first was Farfetch'd after less than 100 RE's and the second was on an Electric FS, Electrode after 60-70 RE's, I'm looking for a shiny Pikachu there.

Farfetch'd nature is Impish and Electrode is Timid.

The Lugia hunt is kinda slow at the moment 350 SR's so far.

The Steelix hunt on the other hand has been going quite fast, I'm hunting Steelix in two SS games, they appear quite often in Silver Mountain, where you catch Moltres, have a bunch of heavy balls to catch this shiny, also trying to synchronize a nature, in one game it could be Impish and the other Sassy, hope it works.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts!