• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Razorbadger

Congrats to Akko on Poochyena, Drakonekoshi on Sableye, Lotad, Swablu, Skarmory and Groudon, ShiningKnightXY on Reshiram, Scrufox86 on Reshiram, Keane on Surskit, Ace Trainer Alex on Gligar, TheShinyLunatone on Phanphy, Nack Firestorm on Treecko, Keovix on Tranquil, ThisIsPatrick on Swablu, LilyValley on Reshiram, Mewtwo Ex on Landorus and Unown, Yoitsdaffy on Spheal, Sito on Zekrom, Lugia and Latios, rocky505 on Zigzagoon, Cpchris on Bronzor, oarfish on Reshiram and Shuppet, Shiny Lord on Froakie and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Cpchris, Supremacy, Keane, Keovix and Super Pichu Chan for the congrats.

Sorry about Lugia Domino_621, hope you find it again soon.

My Fire Red is at it again. Last night after just 3186 REs at Tanoby Ruins a shiny Tentacool appeared, meaning I have my Seven Island shiny and have completed my quest of catching a shiny on each of the Sevii Islands after just two and a half months.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/134d946e-34ba-434b-8414-c0d8425328b5_zps2444b8ed.jpg[/IMG139]

Once again this quest has dealt me another short hunt, with this being the seventh under odds and fifth under half odds of eight found. The nature once again isn't too bad either with Jolly boosting Tentacruel's second best stat. Whilst I'm really happy to have this shiny (I really like Tentacool/cruel's shiny sprite) it also comes with a tinge of sadness as I've really enjoyed this quest and I'll be sad to see the back of the Sevii Islands.

I think at some point over the weekend I'll write up a summary of my hunting on the Sevii Islands. For now I'm hunting in the Route 111 desert in Omega Ruby for Cacnea or Trapinch. I'm currently at 50 REs and I'm tempted to get an illuminate lead for this hunt as the encounters occur pretty irregularly.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Zero1999

Congrats on the tentacool Razorbadger, really good shiny, my charmander refuses to shine

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Treecko is being really stubborn. This hunt has become very frustrating so I'll be taking a little break for a while and complete my pokedex in Alpha Sapphire. ^^;

Congratz on the recent shines and good luck! ^_^)/

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
Congrats to everyone who obtained shinies since i last posted.
i am currently breeding for a competitive shiny honedge to wonder trade to some lucky person on xmas since alot of people will be getting ORAS. 180 eggs in, hopefully i can get it by next week. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Nack Firestorm

Unlucky Dragon!
Hmmmm, I'm not sure what I should try for next. I want to try for a Shiny Swablu, but then I also want to see if I can get another Treecko with a better nature. Any suggestions?

Sito

Shiny Breeder
o_O, just realized that the Latios I got yesterday counts for the community hunt, yay, first time I complete it :D
Gratz to all the new shinies, so many things to breed and SR xD

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Sooooo I finished hatching my 425 Shroomish eggs. Got 4! More shiny Shroomish. 3 Effect Spore. 2 with proper IVs. 1 Missing Att. and 1 Posion Heal one which has the SAME EXACT IVs and it's 2 brothers. -Speed. Grrrrr. I will collect up another 425 eggs and I will get the proper Shroomish this time! Also I plan on saving these Shroomish to WT for funsies and rack up some BP maybe.

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This morning on my Omega Ruby, I did another 65 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt. I also did about 50 more SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt last night and I hatched a couple dozen more Magby eggs for my Masuda Method hunt last night as well. Good luck to others on their hunts.

Domino_621

Shiny Hunter
I've been SRing for shiny Lugia after I accidentally reset my game when I found it. I have to have the worst luck... I feel you pain LucarioMan101. :(

On to other news I was thinking after this hunt I'll go for shiny Togepi or shiny Zorua. I'm considering a shiny Dark/Fairy typed team which would be fun to have. I'm also thinking of SRing Uxie or Entei. Today starts holiday break which lasts for two weeks, perfect for shiny hunting! :) Blanket congrats to everyone because I suffer from laziness...

Never thought you'd see my face again after I tried a shiny Fearow hunt and never followed up on it, did you? In short- life assailed me unexpectedly, so I lost a lot of time to play Pokemon... and when I started again, I didn't really feel like SRing. So the hunt's off, I guess?

It's not all negativity on my end, however. I actually managed to achieve my first PokeRadar shiny by dumb luck in Y- and by that, the shiny patch decided to show its face after I'd defeated only two Slowpokes. Said Slowpoke was nicknamed Duon considering it only took two tries to get it, and has a Naughty nature. I'd never use it online anyway, but still... good to know?

I don't intend to hunt for any more shinies at the moment- I just plan to breed, transfer my IV bred 'mons to OR when I finally get it, and maybe search casually for shinies in Y until I get the Shiny Charm in OR. Then again, I am kind of tempted to breed a shiny Buneary for my OR team- so maybe I might? Depends on my schedule, or how I feel.

Congrats on all the recent shinies, and best of luck to those still hunting.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
500 Dratini hatched by now. I sure do hope it winds up with the hidden ability. Speaking of which, the Unova starters will be released with their hidden abilities in January, for Japan. This is great, but I already have shiny Emboar and Serperior.
I've said it before, I really don't care about duplicates. If I do get a Snivy with the hidden ability, how do I know it's legitimate? Would a Snivy that inherits Contrary from a hacked one be legit? Even if I did try to get a shiny Unova starter again, it would be up to luck if it has Shell Armor/Reckless/Contrary.

Ryuken

Steel User
After 4k SR with Shiny Charm included, I finally managed to get a shiny Timid Reshiram with 5IVs.
And After 6k SR, I got a shiny 5IV bold Suicune.

Managed to catch both in proper balls, I would feel pretty good about it if I hadn't spent countless hours in getting them.

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Sooo, looks like I am back again today.
Just found shiny Kyurem! Its Naughty with IVs: 20, 21 / 18, 19 / 31 / 30, 31 / 22, 23 / 30, 31, so it will work very well. I am on a roll!, 4 legendary shinys in 3 days o_O!
Will go after thundurus now, will see how it goes. Gratz on new shinies :D

Nack Firestorm

Unlucky Dragon!
I've decided. I'm going hunt for a Shiny Swablu. After that, I will try again for another Treecko. In the meantime, good luck to everyone! Seems some of your guys hunts are dragging on, but who knows, maybe it's just waiting for Christmas.

umbreonfan3636

No new shiny news besides picking up my event Beldum. I tried DexNaving for a shiny Poochyena, but I didn't find one. I trained my shiny Treecko into a Grovyle and beat the first gym (now I am at a crossroads of whether to turn this into a BQ). Now I am back to hunting for #8 in my HG BQ, hoping for a shiny Swinub to finish my E4 team. (Would be Feraligatr, Arcanine, Dragonair, Slowbro, Parasect, Mamoswine. I may choose to evolve Dragonair, but HG's E4 is pretty low leveled...)

Good luck to everyone hunting, and congrats on all of the recent successful hunts! Special good luck to those who are still on the ORAS starter hunt!

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

500 Speaking of which, the Unova starters will be released with their hidden abilities in January, for Japan. This is great, but I already have shiny Emboar and Serperior.
I've said it before, I really don't care about duplicates. If I do get a Snivy with the hidden ability, how do I know it's legitimate? Would a Snivy that inherits Contrary from a hacked one be legit? Even if I did try to get a shiny Unova starter again, it would be up to luck if it has Shell Armor/Reckless/Contrary.

I'm pretty happy about this but yeah, those are my thoughts with receiving a unova starter with it's HA after that date.. Still could have been a hacked one.
Guess I'm going to have to trade 3 5iv pokemon for a code or the pokemon from after the code has been entered because I want the legit ones and if I have
the events, I'll know they are legit lol
--
Suicune hunt is going strong still! Started the hunt on the 17th and I'm at 450 SRs already, so averaging about 150 a day. Which is already an improvement from the 107ish SRs per day from Lugia. Hoping Suicune will shine soon because there are SO many other legends to SR x3

Zero1999

After my charmander hunt, does anyone know how to hunt a shiny grimer in leafgreen? i am saying this because you can't use the bicycle

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
about 150 on Ho-Oh with no success, but hey I don't expect a short hunt this time either. Time wise I hope to have my Ho-Oh by Christmas Day, but we will see. Good luck to everyone on your hunts.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Im now past the 2000 SR Mark ( 3 days ) for my shiny Zekrom, ahhhhhhhh hopefully it shines soon. Fabled Cave is driving me Stir Crazy!