• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to Scrufox86 on Magikarp and Tentacool, Twilit Dragoon on Latias, Psynergy on Reshiram and Palkia, *Murkrow on Kyurem, Zachmac on Feebas, umbreonfan3636 on Zubat, Zero1999 on Skarmory, Yoitsdaffy on Glameow, and Supremacy on Ralts!

And thanks to Twilit Dragoon, umbreonfan3636, and Supremacy for the congrats on Spinarak!

I did a few more hours of hunting today, so Chimchar is now at 16,200 SRs, Snivy is at 1,800 SRs, and Weedle is at ~1,900 REs. I decided to move back to Viridian Forest on FireRed, because that 50% combined encounter rate between Weedle and Kakuna is just too good to pass up. Hopefully no more shiny Caterpie... I also think I'm gonna start up my old Raikou hunt again soon. It's been awhile since I've worked on it.

Good luck on all of your hunts!

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Well I have not played Pokemon for a while but I am hunting again and I have decide to do an Egg Hint for a shiny Scraggy :) I have hatched 400 eggs so far and nothing. Good luck to everyone on their hunts :)

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So I gathered up 425 eggs. Hatched them and nothing this time! Kinda expected it with my crazy luck from the last batch. But I still was hoping for 1 in the batch at least :/

Also are the Sharpedo and Camerupt from the Battle Resort SRable to be shiny? Or just good IVs?

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Oh man, I'm really jealous of that shiny Latias. Although for me, since I already have a shiny Eon duo, I want my own Trainer ID Eon Duo non-shiny. Still looking for an Eon Ticket via Spotpass… Getting it through Streetpass is out of the cards for me. :(

Anyway, I'm thinking of going for a shiny Reshiram, or an Arcanine… Can't decide.

I'm sorry but I don't believe you can receive it via SpotPass, but only via StreetPass.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I'm sorry but I don't believe you can receive it via SpotPass, but only via StreetPass.
Someone else said they booted up Spotpass and got it from the Buzznav update. He posted this in the Recent Happenings thread, and I also PM'd him to ask for more details.

burniate

Quick question for those playing ORAS who have caught legendary shinies.
Was their overworld sprite (their sprite when they were not being battled) shiny as well or was it simply their in-battle sprite? I am trying to catch Kyogre at the Cave of Origin (his overworld sprite isn't shiny) and want to know if he can be shiny.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Was their overworld sprite (their sprite when they were not being battled) shiny as well or was it simply their in-battle sprite? I am trying to catch Kyogre at the Cave of Origin (his overworld sprite isn't shiny) and want to know if he can be shiny.

Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys and Rayquaza are all shiny locked.

Hunt Update: I am currently at around 330 DexNav Encounter's for a Shiny Shroomish(inc. the non-shroomish that appeared when i had to reset the DexNav). I've been placing my 3DS in hibernate at night and resuming in the mornings for the last 2 days, this little shroom is being one stubborn shiny.

EDIT:

After what was almost nearing 400 DexNav Encounters, i am now the proud owner of a Shiny Shroomish :D

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/415AB124-39E7-4A68-B53A-02745532CECE_zpsvuz4srxj.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/2044131E-9E81-4D04-A2D2-27F4E85DA337_zpsciqxm3zc.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

SurrealistSmeargle

Do you guys know, if I delete my save data, can I get another shiny Beldum? I haven't collected mine, just "received" it (I didn't even have Treecko yet- grrrr!) I'd like to try a new trainer ID, but if I'm not going to be able to get the Beldum then I don't want to.
You can't get the same one you've already downloaded, no. It's still linked to your save data, regardless of if you've collected it from the PokeMart. That said, the event is still running, so you can just download a new shiny Beldum.

No, the overworld sprite does not appear shiny. In the case of the Lati twins, they'll always look normal in the overworld, even if they're shiny, extending even to soaring with your storyline Lati if it's shiny. But, as has been stated, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Deoxys all appear to be shiny locked.

Someone else said they booted up Spotpass and got it from the Buzznav update. He posted this in the Recent Happenings thread, and I also PM'd him to ask for more details.
The guy probably just got a Street Pass hit at the same time and didn't realise it. It's been stated multiple times that it can only be distributed by Street Pass.

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
One of my friends traded me (before the semester ended) a Timid Shiny Female Snorunt with Spikes. He named her Mizore, and I finished training her the day before yesterday. She is now a Froslass with Taunt, Destiny Bond, Spikes, and Ice Beam with a Focus Sash.

Swatski9

Accidentily found my first shiny in ORAS. Shiny remoraid while fishing for an octillery. Hopefully I start finding them more, finishing working on my shiny charm still.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey all! Back with some shiny news! Too bad it isn't for my OR BQ but I got it through DexNav after about 130 encounters!

So what I do each day is check out the new mirage spot to get new items and see which pokemon are there. I've tried to chain numerous times at the mirage islands but was never successful. I decided that while I'm working on my horde hunting for my BQ I can try to chain Vullaby. I ended up with a level 53 Calm (+Sp def, - Atk) with Mean Look and a perfect Sp Atk IV. :) I'm so happy! Now if I could only get this Numel or Koffing that would be great.....

Happy hunting everyone!

EDIT: COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE! I just found my 3rd BQ shiny! I just got Numel from the fiery path! She is a female with a Gentle nature (+sp def, -def) with the Oblivious ability! I wish it was Koffing though soi could try to chain Numel for BQ 4 on Route 112 but oh well! Just do happy I can move to the next target! Maybe I will try for Spinda! Who knows! :)))

EDIT 2: While EV training my Vullaby I found another shiny Whismur. I don't mind though. I love shiny Exploud. :)

Last edited:

Diego24

Congrats and Good luck to everybody!

I still trying to complete my dex. I went to one of mirage forests and found this:
DSC_0066.jpg
It was also first time I encouter minccino ingame.
Its my second random shiny this month and also my first oras shiny.
#572 Minccino [Lonely]
IVs: 14 / 6, 7 / 31 / 15, 16, 17 / 29, 30 / 16

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Sito on Kyurem, Latios, Zekrom and Lugia, DeliriousAbsol on Eevee, Scrufox86 on Tentacool, Magikarp x4 and Wailmer, Cyberra on another Sableye and another Sandile, searing light dragon on Absol, unicornhiccup on Lugia, Lotad, Plusle and Zigzagoon, Shiny Lord on Froakie, Cheeze IOW on Ponyta, oarfish on Shuppet, kirkeastment on Zorua and Shroomish, KzBreakdown on Latios, Razorbadger on Tentacool, Yoitsdaffy on Glameow, Blastonite on Shroomish x4, Earth Wolf-Howl on Slowpoke, Ryuken on Reshiram and Suicune, pokemaster13 on Spinarak, Twilit Dragoon on Latias, Psynergy on Reshiram and Palkia, *Murkrow on Kyurem, Zachmac on Feebas, umbreonfan3636 on Zubat, Zero1999 on Skarmory, Supremacy on Ralts, RadiantSylveon on Honedge, Swatski9 on Remoraid, kittykitty3308 on Numel, Diego24 on Minccino and to anyone else I missed!

Thank you for the congrats, Razorbadger and Supremacy!

Feeling terrible -.- After 8,568 REs, I find a 4th Shiny Budew. Haven't caught it yet because I don't know whether I want a 4th one hanging about as just a dupe, and I'm kind of pissed that I had to get yet another. And once again, it's sitting next to my prime target Murkrow. Might just RA and then carry on the count from 8,568. Thoughts?

Going to go into Platinum and hatch the remaining couple of boxes of Houndour before collecting eggs for Poochyena, I guess. When I decide what to do about the Budew, I'll duel hunt that with the MM. Still can't be bothered to complete Pearl and get a Masterball! The storyline in these games, due to how many times I've played and played them, just bores me now. Need a new hunt to freshen up Eterna Forest, knowing that I've still got at least two more phases in there!

Good luck everyone, especially Ruru_Star on Mudkip, CpChris with Scyther, AquaRegisteel with your FEs, pokemaster13 with Weedle and Chimchar, Shy with Mudkip, Lorde with Rayquaza and Magby, jrmftw with Sprout Tower, Murderofkrow with your BQ, Tina with Archen, Cyberra with Virizion and RaichuArcanine and cocoadragon with your Chimchars!

Tavoc

Please call me Tad!
Recently I've been busting my butt hatching eggs like no tommorrow on XY for a Shiny Roselia but still no results yet. I don't really keep track of how many eggs I hatch because honestly I don't see why I should keep track. But I know it's well over 400 at the very least.

Unfortunately I seem to run into shinies in other places when I'm not hatching for roselia and it's a little frustrating. The night after thanksgiving I ended up finding a shiny jigglypuff and foongus within 30 minutes of each other. It's a little annoying how I tend to find everything except what I'm actually looking for haha. And I found like 3 shiny Vanillite while hunting for a shiny cubchoo ahaha... Ended up finding that cubchoo anyways.

On the plus side I managed to find myself a Shiny Pancham after hatching for a few days. Since I sure do love Pancham uvu

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Congrats to all recent shinies, just recently booted up Black 2 so I could transfer pokemon to complete my dex in Ruby and realized I had both of the gift shinies from the game, A Haxorus named Deimos and a Garchomp named Cephadrome.

Shinies Obtained - 4/719

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well EV training my Shiny Shroomish certainly went well....

Before i had even made it 3/4 through EV training it in attack, a wonderful Shiny Shuppet appeared :)

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/0FFB7EB6-E875-4B14-BA95-801E216F73C6_zpsr1fq69vu.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/B2189A30-051E-4C79-BA0B-D26E762E831E_zpsmfzggb2e.jpg[/IMG139]

I've just finished EV training my Shiny Shroomish, and i've decided to go straight into EV training the Shiny Beldum, we all got over WiFi.

I SR'd for a Jolly nature, and will be using Elecktrike, Plusle, Minun & Machop's for my EV training purposes.

EDIT:

So the EV training went well, Shiny Magnemite appeared just as i was wrapping up the speed EV's;

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/E65E4D26-D19D-4ED6-8FCD-2E782D191E47_zpsa3fbnatd.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/C6A89366-0A6A-4F60-9BED-F1B6733022C4_zpsem8q4fa4.jpg[/IMG139]

It's my 2nd Shiny Magnemite, the 1st was a 1/8192 random shiny in Pokemon Black 2 a while back, but now i can have a Shiny Magnezone and keep my old one as a Shiny Magnemite :D

Onto Jagged Pass to EV train against the Machop for my atk EV's.

Good luck with your hunts everyone :)

Last edited:

shinny

Latest shiny <3
Well, hello guys, I didn't post here in like forever xD
So I got OR and I got myself the Shiny Charm and decided to hunt for some of the legends.

1st off, I went for Reshiram and 2310 SRs later it shone for me :D

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/ISpd1jV.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/AgmCN9l.jpg[/img139]

After that I trained it (I could only take pictures today unfortunately :X), I took a break and yesterday decided to go for Ho-oh. After only 234 SRs it shone for me also and it's my quickest hunt ever.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/IW912RH.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/UlQgtl0.jpg[/img139]

Sync actually worked on both, so I have a Timid Reshiram with perfect Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed, and an Adamant Ho-oh with perfect Attack, Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense.

Now I'm taking a break again and thinking on maybe going for the pixies next !

Also congratulations on the latest shinies :)

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Well I'm nearing 4,000 SR on my hunt for a Shiny Zekrom. This is my first time taking this seriously and not giving up; but geez, I wasn't expecting it to take this long lol.
Have we discovered the actual rate for mirage spot shinies? It seems lower than the actual in game rate.