• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I have hatched 750+ Dratini by now! All of my boxes are filled and I can only get rid of the ones I have to continue. I was wonder trading a couple of them away when I was given a shiny Sawsbuck. Winter form, Male in a Premier Ball. Jolly, Sap Sipper and Pokérus. Holding Toxic Orb, 6IV and was hatched in March. Knows Swords Dance, Double Edge, Horn Leech and Jump Kick.

I have 31 shinies in pokemon x

And three shinies in pokemon alpha sapphire that I caught

A shiny machamp

A shiny sharpedo

And a shiny absol

I'm currently hunting for a shiny lilipup with Dexnav chaining

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First of all, congratulations to other people who attained new Shinies. This morning I did another 70 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in Omega Ruby and I also did 50 or so soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt in Ruby version. I didn't have time to hatch more eggs for my Shiny Magby MM hunt though; I'll work on that later.

I don't really do soft reseting because it takes to long and it gets boring:(

Omg this hunt for a shiny lillipup is taking FOR EVER

Dang it just broke my chain of lillipup

ohjeezitskim

Omg this hunt for a shiny lillipup is taking FOR EVER

There is an edit button to edit your first post with smaller updates.
The first post's rules says to please limit your post one per page!

---
No big updates here yet. Didn't get to SR this weekend with having to go to the doctors and two Christmas
parties but I'm about to play now but for breeding and completing the routes dexnavs.

---
Dang it just broke my chain of lillipup

Greninja360, please edit your posts, rule #1 of the thread says to not post multiple times on one page.

Last edited:
My first shiny in pokemon Alpha Sapphire was found by either the DexNav working or just sheer luck: when I read about DexNav chaining for shiny pokemon I immediatly wanted to try this out, having good experiences from the pokeradar in diamond, and as such I tested my luck on eevee. I hoped to also get a magic bounce espeon this way too. About 50 chained encounters in I started to doubt if this method actually worked and after some searching on the interwebs my doubts increased: many people question the DexNav method. However I was still on this chain so I thought I could just continue it whilst multitasking something else. Then around the 160th encounter I heard a distinct bling sound and behold, in front of me stood a shiny eevee!
Even now I don't know if the DexNav actually worked or I was extremely lucky. While it did not have its hidden ability, I still was extremely lucky to get a Timid nature (synchronize worked!) with 31 special attack, speed and something else. Basically the perfect Jolteon if there ever was one. It is a shame though that shiny Jolteon doesn't look that awesome compared to a shiny Espeon. So now I am chaining way more Eevee's (have had 850 encounters in total so far), just hoping that I will encounter one shiny Eevee with its hidden ability.

Mewtwo Ex

Meddling your D.N.A
I have been patiently waiting in my dark little corner for Alpha Sapphire to arrive... and now in my hand up to Zekrom i resume my quest...

With the shiny charm in my hands in this game too thanks to my living dex i am soft resetting. After around one hour of Sr for the other half of the Yin Yang Karma i even have on my back appears...
image1.jpg

There is one troll however... ONE GIANT TROLL MOVE THE GAME MADE...

Zekrom - #644 (Serious)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 4 - 5 <-----
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 28 - 29

*Cries*

TheMaster327

Now at a massive (really is massive considering 1/4,096) 11,000 REs in the desert. And still nothing. I've done 9,200 of those over the past 7 days. How is it evading me?!

Congrats on the recent shinies everyone :)

Zero1999

Well , something unexpected happened, i cant find my gameboy advance charger, i will try to get one as soon as i can, as for now, i won't hunt on leafgreen

Echo Nacyl

Congrats to everyone with new shinies in the last few pages.
No news on the shiny front. I happened across an Eon Ticket, and was going to SR my Latias for shiny, but I got a normal Latias with IVs I didn't feel right SRing over as well as my synchro'd Bold nature, so I just decided to keep her.
So I've finally begun my hunt for shiny Regice. Just passed 108 SRs. Hoping it'll shine by Christmas.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to those who have gotten shinies today!

TheMaster, I'm sorry but you have terrible luck right now! I hope you get it soon!

As for me, I decided that I would probably get a spinda quicker and of better quality if I DexNaved it. So I spent a while on a chain of 182 Spinda for my OR BQ #4..... And failed. Ran out of both HP and PP. I was bummed, but determined. So I gave it another go. I was starting to give up because I was at like 170 the second go round and was tired and hungry. But something in me told me to just keep going. Then on Spinda # 185, that green drunk bear shone!

It is a female and I nicknamed her Tipsy. She is a Bold nature (+ Def, - Atk) with a perfect IV in HP but has a crappy Sp Atk IV. Oh well. She has the Tangled Feet ability with the egg move Psycho Shift. I also caught her at level 43! Needless to say, I was chaining for a while and my HM slave Linoone picked me up a Moon Stone so I evolved my Skitty in the middle of chaining! Anyways, I'm getting off here for the night! Have a good night everyone!

Last edited:

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update - my first in awhile; I only really like to post when I find a shiny...but anyways, I've been SRing for Torchic in OR since November 26th with no luck and now I actually bought another copy of AS with a gamestop coupon so I can dual hunt him. Been trying all weekend. Oh well, I have a good feeling I'll find him soon...hopefully. At this point I wish I counted my SRs just so I could see how many I've done.

My other part of this post, I just wanted to show you guys what Shinies my friend found so far, just 'cause I got her into Shiny Hunting and all. She's been pretty lucky...more than I have actually.

She ended up finding her Shiny Mudkip after only 1 hour of SRing:

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141208_183434_zpsjwgo7x3a.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141208_184832_zpsmtslzfvw.jpg[/IMG300]

And she found Shiny Latios after exactly 40 SRs (She was SRing instead of doing Run Aways because she forgot she could do that, lol)

[IMG300]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/Kitsuneii/pokemon/20141217_020430_zpsgfgyxiwy.jpg[/IMG300]

So yeah just wanted to share some more Shiny pics. ^^ Good luck everyone! I'll be Torchic hunting.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Mewtwo Ex on Unown, oarfish on Reshiram, Sito on Lugia, Sito on Latios, unicornhiccup on Lugia, Shiny Lord on Froakie, KzBreakdown on Latios, Razorbadger on Tentacool, Blastonite on the Shroomish, Ryuken on Reshiram and Suicune, Sito on Kyurem, pokemaster13 on Spinarak, Twilit Dragoon on Latias, Psynergy on Reshiram and Palkia,*Murkrow on Kyurem, umbreonfan3636 on Zubat, Supremacy on Ralts, RadiantSylveon on Honedge, Diego24 on Minccino, Keane on Budew, shinny on Reshiram and Ho-Oh, Mewtwo Ex on Zekrom, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry about your Reshiram, LucarioMan101 =\

Thanks for the congrats, Super Pichu Chan, Keane, Razorbadger, Twilit Dragoon, and Supremacy :) And thanks for the good luck, Keane!

-----------

Feeling terrible -.- After 8,568 REs, I find a 4th Shiny Budew. Haven't caught it yet because I don't know whether I want a 4th one hanging about as just a dupe, and I'm kind of pissed that I had to get yet another. And once again, it's sitting next to my prime target Murkrow. Might just RA and then carry on the count from 8,568. Thoughts?

I’m sure I’ll be too late, and it’s yours to decide what to do with, but personally, I just can’t run from a shiny, at least not a full odds one like that. It’s still a shiny, and if nothing else, a trophy to the dedication you put into finding it and luck you encountered to find it (even if it wasn’t what you wanted – you could have simply not encountered a shiny at all and you’d still be no further to finding your target). So far I’ve caught 3 Machoke even though I only needed one since I already have a Machamp (and I’ll continue to catch however many more I find before Scyther), and I caught all 6 of my Magby…And at least IMO, Budew is ~2,861x better than Magby or Machoke ;)

-----------

I uploaded the live video of my shiny Bronzor here :)

I guess since my last post, I’ve done 800 REs. So I’m at 900 REs on Black 2, 11,900 REs on Platinum, and 8,700 REs on HeartGold. Still hoping for basically anything but a Machoke. Even another Spearow I’ll take, though I certainly won’t be thrilled with it :x

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, TheMaster327, and Lunafloon)!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to kirkeastment on Shroomish, Shuppet, and Magnemite, RadiantSylveon on Honedge, Swatski9 on Remoraid, KittyKitty3308 on Vullaby, Numel, Whismur, and Spinda, Diego24 on Minccino, Keane on Budew, shinny on Reshiram and Ho-Oh, rolf: a weird scientist on Eevee, and Mewtwo Ex on Zekrom!

Thanks to Keane and Cpchris for the congrats!

I’m sure I’ll be too late, and it’s yours to decide what to do with, but personally, I just can’t run from a shiny, at least not a full odds one like that. It’s still a shiny, and if nothing else, a trophy to the dedication you put into finding it and luck you encountered to find it (even if it wasn’t what you wanted – you could have simply not encountered a shiny at all and you’d still be no further to finding your target). So far I’ve caught 3 Machoke even though I only needed one since I already have a Machamp (and I’ll continue to catch however many more I find before Scyther), and I caught all 6 of my Magby…And at least IMO, Budew is ~2,861x better than Magby or Machoke ;)

Ditto to this. I could never bring myself to run away from a shiny just because I already have more than I need. Keeping it as a trophy is definitely better than nothing. And right now it seems like we're all in the same boat :p I'm currently sitting at 3 Caterpie and 1 Butterfree. Hopefully we all can find a shiny that we don't already have haha.

--------

I guess I may as well do another quick update for today. I did end up reviving my old Raikou hunt, so now I'm actively working on all four of my current hunts. Chimchar has reached 16,300 SRs, Snivy is at 1,950 SRs, Weedle is at ~3,000 REs, and Raikou/Entei is now at 1,300 total encounters. Wow, that's a lot to keep track of... Oh, and another 37 soft resets will make Chimchar my second longest hunt ever. Yippee.

Good luck to each of you on your hunts!

Artikia

Congrats everyone on your shinies!

Sadly I have no shiny news myself. I have been busy completing my living dex, as I want the shiny charm before I start hunting the legendaries. Next to that, I didnt want to hunt any regular shinies as I'm getting AS for christmas and I'm going to do a badgequest on it, and I want to be able to hunt any pokemon I want without getting a duplicate. At the moment I still have that luxury. I just hope that Treecko doesnt take as long to shine as he has for some of you.

Now, the main reason of this post next to my little update: I've been looking at the pokemon reddit for a couple of weeks now, and they've done this experiment on the DexNav. About 2 weeks ago, they found out that the search level is not important. It simply just keeps track of how many of that species you've seen, and after 5-10 encounters you can see all the specifics when you get close. But chaining was still in the question. Coming straight to the point: chaining itself has no influence on shiny chance (it seems, according to results). It seems that searching pokemon with the DexNav itself increases your shiny chance to a set amount. They think the odds are around friend safari odds (1/512 right?). Now, to make it even better, their actual result was an average of 1/382. They think it's lower because they didnt know who did use the shiny charm and who did not. This means though, that there is a decent chance that the shiny charm makes the odds even higher than 1/512 when searching with the DexNav. Possibly 3/512? Which is like, 1/170?

Just wanted to throw this out there, so you guys/girls dont get sad when your chain breaks! It is still recommended to chain though, as it's the quickest way to find pokemon, and you get a higher chance of good potential/eggmoves/HA next to the increased levels. But this means you can go to the pokemon centre without worrying about your shiny chance!

Last edited:

Yoitsdaffy

Shiny Collector~
I was Dex naving Zorua since its one of my all time favorite shinies and still had yet to get one. Well after 340 foxes chained i finally found the shiny i was looking for.

[IMG200h]http://i.imgur.com/n3uMh5Q.jpg[/IMG200h]
Docile nature (sync never works for me -_-') with X/X/31/31/31/31 which isnt bad. I might use it as a mixed attacker or something.
I wish everyone luck and have a happy holiday!

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

Community Hunt Complete! After only 94 eggs I hatched a male shiny ralts! It has trace ability and a modest nature. Its also the 6th of my Omega Ruby Badgequest!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been patiently waiting in my dark little corner for Alpha Sapphire to arrive... and now in my hand up to Zekrom i resume my quest...

With the shiny charm in my hands in this game too thanks to my living dex i am soft resetting. After around one hour of Sr for the other half of the Yin Yang Karma i even have on my back appears...
View attachment 14072

There is one troll however... ONE GIANT TROLL MOVE THE GAME MADE...

Zekrom - #644 (Serious)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 4 - 5 <-----
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 28 - 29

*Cries*

Zekrom is actually capable of running a Special set, especially since yours has Serious Nature, which doesn't hurt its SAtk stat (though a Modest Nature would have made it perfect).

------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway.......

Community Hunt Complete

After over 2500+ encounters (a mix of Soft Reset, Run Away, and fainting the thing then battling it again), the Eon Ticket Latias FINALLY shine on the 20th :D

I actually wake up my mother with my scream of happiness, lol

Took 2 weeks for her to shine.

And yes, I do have the Shiny Charm.

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/latias-one_zpsf8eb86ab.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/latias-two_zps00e21dfb.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/latias-three_zpsbd957a56.jpg[/img139]

She has Calm Nature (my Calm synch worked, thankfully), and 31 IV in HP, SAtk, and Speed.

Proof that the number of encounters went through the roof:

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/latias-four_zps07ee50e0.jpg[/img139]

Unfortunately the limit for the number of encounters shown on the Pokedex is 999, I actually have more encounters than that xD