• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to Diego24 on Corsola and Minccino, TheGreaterLucario on Reshiram, JohnNiles on Volbeat and Trapinch, KittyKitty3308 on Treecko, Carvahna, Skitty, Vullaby, Whismur and Spinda, Mewtwo Ex on Tornadus, Azelf, Heatran, Unown and Zekrom, ThisIsPatrick on Shuppet and Swablu, Keovix on 2 Tranquill, Farfetch'd, Pidgeotto and Quagsire, Cheeze IOW on Poochyena, Corphish, Zorua, Psyduck and Ponyta, umbreonfan3636 on Treecko and Zubat, Arcaten on Feebas and Corphish, dark1raven3 on Marill, Makuhita, Misdreavus, Phantump and Petilil, Poképro1992 on Eevee, Shiny Lord on Wurmple, Froakie and Ralts, Super Pichu Chan on Drowzee, Growlithe and Buneary, ohjeezitskim on Lugia, TheBlueHoundoom on Drifloon and Eevee, Kingzard on Latios, Bguy7 on Swablu, Yoitsdaffy on Onix, Aron, Spheal, Glameow and Zorua, maldoror on Sandshrew, Twilit Dragoon on Zorua and Latias, *Murkrow on Suicune and Kyurem, MM13 on Reshiram, Razorbadger on Pelipper and Tentacool, Zekromaster826 on Ralts and Buneary, Akko on Poochyena, Drakonekoshi on Sableye, Lotad, Swablu, Skarmory and Groudon, ShiningKnightXY on Reshiram, Scrufox86 on Reshiram, Wailmer, 4 Magikarp and Tentacool, Pluski on Wailmer, Keane on Surskit and Budew, Blastonite on 7 Shroomish, Ace Trainer Alex on Gligar, TheShinyLunatone on Phanpy, Nack Firestorm on Treecko, LilyValley on Reshiram, Royal_Qeca on Feebas, cryuel on Zigzagoon, Oddish, Skitty and Swablu, Sito on Zekrom, Lugia, Latios, Kyurem, Suicune and Snorunt, rocky505 on Zigzagoon, Cpchris on Bronzor, NightHaze12 on Treecko and Zigzagoon, oarfish on Reshiram and Shuppet, KzBreakdown on Absol and Latios, DeliriousAbsol on Eevee, searing light dragon on Numel, Larvesta and Absol, unicornhiccup on Lugia, Zigzagoon and Plusle, kirkeastment on Zorua, Shroomish, Shuppet and Magnemite, Earth Wolf-Howl on Slowpoke, Ryuken on Reshiram and Suicune, Pokemaster13 on Spinarak, Psynergy on Reshiram and Palkia, Zachmac on Feebas, Zero1999 on Skarmory, Supremacy on Ralts, RadiantSylveon on Honedge, Swatski9 on Remoraid, Tavoc on Jigglypuff, Foongus, 3 Vanillite and Cubchoo, shinny on Reshiram and Ho-Oh, rolf: a weird scientist on Eevee, Shine on Latias, Marvs on Charmander, TheMaster327 on Baltoy, and everyone else on their new shinies :)

No shiny news for me but I haven't been actively hunting lately. I've given up on Suicune for the time being as I don't have the patience to SR for it at the moment. I think I might go for my first ORAS MM shiny after I've hatched a 5IV Impish Wobbuffet. Either going to go for Ponyta or Shinx.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Zero1999

This is going bad, my gameboy turned off and i cant still get a new charger, without a charger i cant hunt for my charmander on leafgreen.
Good luck to eveyone to those that are hunting

Last edited:

Cheeze IOW

No shiny in 3 days, having pretty bad luck. Been SRing for Raikou, MMing for Cyndaquil, Dexnaving for Absol and Horde hunting for sandshrew, getting a bit frustrating but I suppose everyone goes through dry spells. Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies and good luck, I know I could use some.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Man it's been a while since I've shiny hunted, even longer since I've been on this thread! These legendaries in ORAS were too hard to resist, though, so within these past few weeks I've built a living dex for myself! Anyway, I just got my Shiny Charm, and Crescent Isle appeared today, so I'm going for Cresselia first! Good luck to all!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Since it's a new page I'll bring my update here. Well after Tyrogue I saw another shiny in OR.... Shiny Misdreavus through Dexnav and I did not pay attention, since it apparently knew Memento. Which it used right after I had switched to Watchog. It's been a side hunt in OR for a while and my current Dexnav search level is 473. I'll try to remember to pay attention next time.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially TheMaster327 on Baltoy and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Can somebody pm me and give me your friend code if you have the shiny charm so you could trade me some of the pokemon so I can get the shiny charm:D

3DS Friend Code 2509-1074-9118

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Now I've hatched more than A THOUSAND Dratini. I despise going over the big 1,000. You might think it isn't too bad, but Dratini takes around twice as many steps to hatch than your average Pokémon! I had plans to move all of my shinies to OR and eventually work on getting a shiny Swablu, but this stops them right in their tracks. I do not want to work on something else until I get this Dratini.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I have lost track of my hunt. Yesterday I probably added at least 500-600 resets to Ho-Oh while catching up on some youtubers. Good luck on everyones' hunts

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey guys, congrats on all those shinies! My battle with my mental health has gotten a bit easier, my PTSD mostly gone and my hypochondria reduced with help of therapy, sadly my OCD has gotten worse. I've cut down on body checking and hand washing..but I've developed a worse OCD habit. Checking the locks on doors and windows in my house to prevent people from breaking in and kidnapping/killing/raping me or my family. It's horrible, my average checks are 40 a night, and I get no sleep until sunrise. It's very scary time as well! Even right now...pain around my chest makes me do my reassurance jogging to show myself it's not my heart.
More on topic, I am currently working on Chimchar-18,581 SR's! I've decided that I will reach 20k chimmy or a shine before then haha then I shall alternate my three hunts: Chimmy on Platinum, Deino on White, and Treecko on OR. I will hunt one each day, then the other, then the other(ie, Monday-Chimmy, Tuesday-Deino, Wednesday-Treecko and so on).Deino is on 845 eggs, and Treecko is on 2,210! Best of luck all!
~RaichuArcanine~

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Shiny Lord on Ralts, Shine on Latias, Keane on Silcoon, Marvs on Charmander, TheMaster327 on Baltoy, Sito on Snorunt, Blastonite on Shroomish, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the good luck, Keane and Murderofkrow :) And thanks for the congrats, Greedy Chibi!

Wishing you well (for whatever that's worth :x), RaichuArcanine!

-----------

Hopefully we all can find a shiny that we don't already have haha.

Cheers to that :)

I got Platinum out and set up a repel trick in Eterna Forest. I encounter 40% Buneary / 40% Gastly / 10% Beautifly / 10% Dustox apparently, so it's all good.

:eek: Gastly has that high of an appearance rate with that repel trick?! I never know what the rates are for pokemon with different levels (like Buneary) after factoring in repels, so I thought it’d be far more Buneary. But if that’s the case, I may end up giving that hunt a try whenever I decide to go after more Gastly. Anyways, good luck!

Right now I am looking for a Lucky Egg on Route 15, which has a 1% chance of finding a Chansey, with a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg. I've been at it for a while and have only found 2 Chansey, both holding Oval Stones. If I find a shiny while doing this I may have to start the back side of HG.

You *may* want to use a repel trick for this, which is what I did when I was looking for a lucky egg. It still took me nearly 1,000 REs to find one, but it at least ups the Chansey rate to ~5%. Good luck!

-----------

I managed 400 REs today, putting Black 2 at 1,300 REs, Platinum at 12,300 REs, and HeartGold at 9,100 HBs. I also did 300 SRs for the Johto starters on HG, so that hunt is now at 3,000 REs which puts it in the middle in terms of SRs of my four other Johto starters. Hoping it doesn’t decide to be my longest Johto starter hunt, but I’ll find out in the next 2,536 SRs (not sure how long that will take!).

Also, I finally watched the Korra finale tonight and the White Collar finale last night :( I'll miss these shows.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, TheMaster327, and Lunafloon)!

Last edited:

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
Congrats on all the shines guys~ Just an update here.

My Starly hunt has reached 8,400 RE's! *sigh* Was secretly hoping I'd get it before the odds but, oh well.
My OR Latios hunt has only gotten to 214 SR's. I can only handle a few SR's at a time cos of the cutscene.
I just wish GF would distribute the Eon Ticket via wifi, I have no chance of getting the ticket through streetpass where I am in QLD. And it'd help with getting the shiny Lati's much easier.

Good luck to all hunts everyone :D

If you are in South East QLD you should be able to get it. I was shocked that I received it when taking my 3ds with me to the shopping centre and I only usually streetpass 1 person a day doing this. Just keep trying, the more who get it, the faster it will spread :D

Yeah, I'm in SE QLD, 3 hours from Brisbane and the coast and an hour from Toowoomba. But we hardly ever travel and I've never street passed anyone in this town :) It just sucks in general~

Last edited:

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Huge congratulations to everyone on their shinies! Reading all these successful hunts, especially with SR's is keeping me motivated.

I just wish GF would distribute the Eon Ticket via wifi, I have no chance of getting the ticket through streetpass where I am in QLD. And it'd help with getting the shiny Lati's much easier.
If you are in South East QLD you should be able to get it. I was shocked that I received it when taking my 3ds with me to the shopping centre and I only usually streetpass 1 person a day doing this. Just keep trying, the more who get it, the faster it will spread :D

Just updating. I have done 500 RE's these last few days, in Sprout Tower hunting for Rattata, while also hunting for my connection cave shiny in my X route quest. I'm currently trying to workout how many RE's I have done all up, as I reset my digital tally counters and can't seem to find the latest tally on my excel spreadsheets of all my shinies and current hunts (Yes, I have catalogued every shiny I have found or traded). Quite frustrating returning to postponed hunts after close to a month of playing ORAS.

Anyway, good luck to all your hunts. Hope something shines before the New Year!

TheMaster327

Right now I am looking for a Lucky Egg on Route 15, which has a 1% chance of finding a Chansey, with a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg. I've been at it for a while and have only found 2 Chansey, both holding Oval Stones. If I find a shiny while doing this I may have to start the back side of HG.

Another tip would be using a Compoundeyes lead (such as Yanma) as it boosts the chance of a wild held item by 50%. So 75% Oval Stone, 7.5% Lucky Egg.

Thanks for the congrats guys :) Baltoy is nearing party level, so should beat Norman today, then move on to Latias Run Aways. Wish me luck!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Look what I just hatched <3

[img139]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated-shiny/322.gif[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/moonball.png[/img139]
Egg Hatch number : 126
Nature: Quiet
Abillity: Simple
IV's: 27/12/31/31/31/0 -> HIDDEN POWER ICE !
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power
- Iron Head
- Yawn

Last edited:

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts! And kudos to those who give individual congrats; I don't know how you do it.

Last Thursday, Crescent Isle showed up as a mirage spot for me. Not know when I would have another chance, I set to soft resetting Cresselia. This morning she shined!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/PUpVy4l.jpg[/IMG200]

She kept breaking out of ultra balls and I was starting to worry that this would be another Registeel. Thankfully, Cresselia has 80 turns of moves so it was never really an issue.

Last edited:

Doobius

came across a shiny pidgey last night while looking for rufflet in safari. looked away for a minute and looked back and thought that it looked dirty. 1 pokeball later it was quick caught. was hoping mega pidgeot would be a little more attractive. guess the yellowish gold is kind of cool.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I just can't, with this Torchic taking longer than Tornadus at day 13. Like, wut? Apparently I've done ~6460 SRs. I'm estimating this based off of how many hours my activity log has tracked, but I feel like I've done a bit more than that.. Does anyone know if there is anything that stops the activity log from tracking? Like changing the time? Or maybe I just haven't done as much as I think lol.

In other news, I have started MMing for a 2nd Buneary. This one will hopefully be more suited for Mega Evolution unlike my last one. 175 eggs hatched so far.

Gratz on all the recent shinies, especially TheMaster327 on Baltoy! Good luck everyone. :]

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hey everyone! Congratulations on the latest shinies!

Finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I thought it would help me get Cresselia sooner, but apparently not! Let's see... My hunt stands now at 89 hours. I really don't know what number of soft reset that time would represent, but I think I should be in the 7000 corner, or maybe a little less. It doesn't really matter at this point, though. Truly hoping my Cresselia shines soon!

As far as boxing eggs up I did it the same way as you - collecting however many boxes I felt like before starting to hatch them all - with Houndour I ended up filling my PC which I semi-regret because I had 6-7 boxes left over afterwards, so I find that working in 5-10 box batches works best & is easier if you don't feel like hatching remaining eggs. When I hatched a party full, I went into deposit mode from my PC and released them all straight from my party rather than boxing them again, because releasing boxes and boxes afterwards is a bit of a pain and I feel it saves anguish my just releasing parties as you hatch them. Then I just into withdraw mode and use the buttoms to scroll through and withdraw 5 eggs - I don't think there's a faster way of doing it in D/P/P that just using the buttons unfortunately /: But good luck with your Buneary and I hope you find a method that works well for you!
Thank you for answering so fast. I guess there is apparently no trick to go faster. It just feels so... slow, having to withdraw and deposit every time... Oh well, what can I do! Hoping I'll get this Buneary within a thousand eggs. That would be ideal. Good luck, Keane, and congratulations on your shiny Silcoon! Don't give up, I know how painful phases can be!
Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts! And kudos to those who give individual congrats; I don't know how you do it.

Last Thursday, Crescent Isle showed up as a mirage spot for me. Not know when I would have another chance, I set to soft resetting Cresselia. This morning she shined!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/PUpVy4l.jpg[/IMG200]

She kept breaking out of ultra balls and I was starting to worry that this would be another Registeel. Thankfully, Cresselia has 80 turns of moves so it was never really an issue.
Aaaah, congratulations on that beautiful Cresselia, maldoror! I wish I had a little bit more luck with my own. I can't wait to get mine! :D
Good luck in your future hunts!
I just can't, with this Torchic taking longer than Tornadus at day 13. Like, wut? Apparently I've done ~6460 SRs. I'm estimating this based off of how many hours my activity log has tracked, but I feel like I've done a bit more than that.. Does anyone know if there is anything that stops the activity log from tracking? Like changing the time? Or maybe I just haven't done as much as I think lol.

In other news, I have started MMing for a 2nd Buneary. This one will hopefully be more suited for Mega Evolution unlike my last one. 175 eggs hatched so far.

Gratz on all the recent shinies, especially TheMaster327 on Baltoy! Good luck everyone. :]
I didn't expect your Torchic hunt to drag on this much. But I'm sure you'll get it soon. Torchic is such a beautiful shiny, and so adorable, too. You'll feel the reward. :)
As for your Buneary hunt; good luck! Such an amazing shiny. Hoping one day I get one, too!
Good luck!

Also, I finally watched the Korra finale tonight and the White Collar finale last night :( I'll miss these shows.
Aaah, so I'm not the only one here who watches The Legend of Korra ━ or, should I say, used to watch. My heart is broken. My favorite show of all ended, and Mako and Korra didn't end up together. I'm so sad, even today... :( But what can we do ? I guess we just have to move on. But it's so, so difficult right now to not think about it. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it again. All this time spent between Mako and Korra. I'm just going to cry everytime I look at them...

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

umbreonfan3636

You *may* want to use a repel trick for this, which is what I did when I was looking for a lucky egg. It still took me nearly 1,000 REs to find one, but it at least ups the Chansey rate to ~5%. Good luck!

Another tip would be using a Compoundeyes lead (such as Yanma) as it boosts the chance of a wild held item by 50%. So 75% Oval Stone, 7.5% Lucky Egg.

Thanks for the tips, I ended up using the repel trick and I got a Lucky Egg within a couple of hours!

Congrats Azulart on Numel, PokemonMegaBeast on Weedle, maldoror on Cresselia, and Doobius on Pidgey!

Good luck everyone!

I am going to plow through Kanto and start hunting one of either Mewtwo, Moltres, or Kyorgre on HG. I still need to get back to my OR game, but for some reason I am enjoying going through HG a lot right now!