• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blackkyurem

Congrads on all the great shinies, loke that Torchic!
I need an answer, which legends are shiny locked for ORAS?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Congrads on all the great shinies, loke that Torchic!
I need an answer, which legends are shiny locked for ORAS?

Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys are the only ones.

Speaking of legends, my Cresselia hunt is still going strong. I couldn't SR today until now, so hopefully it'll be today. I'm considering not sleeping until I have it, since I'm not doing anything the next few days.

Doobius

meh, what a waste of shine. 2 shiny zubats in less than 24 hours.

Danisher

Damn.. really losing my hope here..
I am MMing for a shiny Charmander.. just got past 800 eggs and still no luck.. T_T

But congrats everyone on all the awesome shinies! :D

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've been struck with a cold, and the process of hatching eggs is going slowly. 1,700+ Dratini hatched now. This number is creeping up to my record, 1,987 for my last Eevee. If this thing hatches with Shed Skin... I just can't think about it. If this does break my record, then it will top the record's egg cycles too! 41 egg cycles for every Dratini egg compared to Eevee's 36.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've moved over to an ice safari and am looking for a purple spheal. I'll also take a blue cloyster though I think I'll try to breed one later... Nothing is shining yet.

Was doing a little chain fishing on Route 8 looking for shellder, just as idly seeing how long I could sustain the chain. At 40 casts skrelp sparkled for me. I already have a shiny dragalge, so into wonder trade she goes.

Virizion is up to 22,400 SRs and counting. Poochyena is at 180 eggs. Everstoning for adamant nature, with four egg moves.

Edit: Second shiny skrelp at 29 casts on the second try. Also wonder traded. Going back to my poochyena MM now... After poochie shines I'm going after staryu, then I'll see about shellder.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated. As usual, tell me via PM/VM if I missed you.

As for my luck.....looks like I spent nearly all my luck on my Shiny Latias on the 20th, as I got almost nothing between the 24th-26th.

Well, "almost" because there IS something :p

On the 24th I decided to chain fish for Feebas since the sky in the route was clear, meaning I won't have to keep seeing the rain announcement on every single battle.

.....on the very first strike, this shows up. And it's male ._. Was hoping for female so I can have a blue pentagon Shiny Milotic. I'll have to keep this one as a Feebas.

.....considering that I got him on the very first strike when the CF chance is at its lowest, I guess I really should have went to a legend's mirage spot instead :p

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/feeb_zps45d22423.jpg[/img139]

SurrealistSmeargle

.....on the very first strike, this shows up. And it's male ._. Was hoping for female so I can have a blue pentagon Shiny Milotic. I'll have to keep this one as a Feebas.
Is this a personal preference thing? Because all Feebas can involve into Milotic, it doesn't have to be female.

Anywho, congratulations to all those who recieved Christmas shinies! I haven't had any further shiny luck yet, but I did decide on and begin my next hunt! Currently going after Regigigas. Slightly irritating that I'm limitted to hunting in the day due to there being no sprite to interact with and the appearance only triggering in daytime, but hopefully it won't take too long to shine for me.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey all! Congrats on all the christmas shinies and to those who have gotten shinies after!

As for me, I am still trying to DexNav Meditite for my OR BQ #6. I had 2 failed attempts prior and I sat down at 4pm yesterday and focused on it (my thumb slipped the first 2 times and it ran away and broke my chain). So for yesterday.... Started at 4pm and ended at 10pm. Results????

Nothing.... I got up to a chain of about 330ish and no shiny... I could not believe it. :( So I will be trying again today and hopefully will get lucky

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!

EDIT: YES! YES! YES!!! After 8 1/2 hours, a chain of 349 DexNav encounters, I got a male Telepathy JOLLY Meditite!!! I'm ok with it's ability because it goes back to Pure Power once it Mega evolves! I'm so glad that I finally got it! That was by far the longest chain I have had to date!

Now off to chain fish Wailmer for BQ #7 after I beat Team Magma.... AGAIN.

Last edited:

Artikia

Just reached the 1250 SRs mark for Treecko, I did 600 yesterday and another 150 this morning. Still not shining.. I just hope I get it before 2015.

DJX

Shiny hunter
Hey guys so im back after completing delta episode! I went off to find a feebas and thought so why not chain it? got to around 50 chain and nothing seems to be biting ....

However after a chain of 21 boom my first oras shiny Feebas <3 now to evolve it!

Congratulations to everyones shinys and good luck!

Edit Shiny carvanha after a 80 + chain god i love shinys :DD

Last edited:

taufik386

since a week ago, i started to hunt shinies with dexnav, and i got plenty of them yay!!!
zigzagoon, pikachu, girafarig, misdreavus, ralts, nincada, pidove, etc

recently i got porygon, munna and persian

chaining with dexnav is amazing

Doobius

i need to read up on how that works. i have never played with it.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Congrats to all of the recent shinies! My hunt for Cresselia just came to an end! She's beautiful! My Bold synchronize worked, and she has perfect IVs in Attack, Special Attack, and Special Defense. I would've preferred Defense and Speed over Attack and Special Attack, but I really can't complain. Haven't decided on a nickname yet. The actual capture was a breeze: full health with an ultra ball! This makes me wonder why I stopped hunting for such a long time, and happy that I'm back into it. As for my next hunt, I'm thinking of going for Ho-oh or one of the golems. I'll update when I decide.
Until then, good luck to everyone!

ohjeezitskim

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm on day 19th of my Treecko hunt. Really hoping it'll shine before my exams start in 2 weeks. :(
I've been SRing for hours everyday. It's ok though, I'm still hoping I get lucky with Latios instead. That cut seen of his in OR is crazy. :D
Oh, And I picked Torchic 4 times now. It doesn't help the paranoia that comes with long hunts. Lol! XD

Anyways. Congratz on the recent shines and good luck to you all. Specialy those who are stuck with stubborn starters, that don't wanna shine! ^^

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I'm on day 19th of my Treecko hunt. Really hoping it'll shine before my exams start in 2 weeks. :(
I've been SRing for hours everyday. It's ok though, I'm still hoping I get lucky with Latios instead. That cut seen of his in OR is crazy. :D
Oh, And I picked Torchic 4 times now. It doesn't help the paranoia that comes with long hunts. Lol! XD

Anyways. Congratz on the recent shines and good luck to you all. Specialy those who are stuck with stubborn starters, that don't wanna shine! ^^

I feel your pain :[ Day 18 for Torchic and nothing. Hopefully we get our shiny starters soon!

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
I feel your pain :[ Day 18 for Torchic and nothing. Hopefully we get our shiny starters soon!

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone.

I feel both of you guys' pain too...only on day 9, around 6000 SR, but still ready to get this purple 'kip and move on already!

umbreonfan3636

I just got my first chain fished shiny. Picked up a female Feebas for my in-game team. It only took a couple tries, that stuff is WAY too easy haha. (Note: can you evolve it with just blocks made from Oran/Chesto Berries, or should I wait until I find a more potent blue berry?)

Good luck to all of you stuck on your ORAS starters! I know what that feels like, it took me about 4-5k SRs to get mine, but I think it was worth it. Shiny Sceptile looks awesome in ORAS!

My HG game is at a standstill while I play through OR. I'm about to go for my 5th badge. I'm thinking that I will go for either Mewtwo or Moltres in that game though.

Good luck everyone! Happy new year!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday afternoon I did about 80 more soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt and I also did 53 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version this morning. I hatched 25 Magby eggs for my Masuda Method hunt this afternoon as well. By the way, congrats to all the people who found new Shinies.