• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hey everyone! Congratulations on the latest shinies!

Didn't do much soft resetting for Cresselia in the last few days... But I did progress with my Masuda Method hunt for Buneary! I proceeded to collect 10 boxes of eggs and I just finished hatching them as we speak; unfortunately, I was left empty-handed, putting my hunt for Buneary at 450 eggs. I'm not surprised by the outcome, but still, I can't wait to see a pink Buneary hatch from those eggs! I can see this hunt end around a thousand eggs, maybe... I think I'll fill 5 boxes from now on. Hatching 10 boxes was really nice, though it was pretty annoying to collect 10 total...

I'm also considering to hunt for a shiny Weedle one day; that Mega Beedrill is amazing and it seems so fun to use!

Anyway, good luck everyone on your hunts! :D

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Well, that took some time, but COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE x 3!!!

After 8,292 Run Aways, a lovely gold Latias graced me with it's presense :)

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0014_zpsf3b29258.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0015_zpscabc357a.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0016_zps17a7186a.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0017_zpsa2097ff0.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0018_zpsc3cc24e2.jpg[/img139]

TIMID SYNC WORKED :) And it's also Mischievous :)

IVs: 27, 28, 29 / 31 / 14, 15, 16 / 31 / 27, 28, 29 / 31

So overall, brilliant! :)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Rodger on Golett, Cyberra on Sandile (...sort of?), Skrelp x2, and Spheal, Swatski9 on Aron, KittyKitty3308 on Zubat, Meditite, and Wailmer, Heliotrope on Treecko, ShiningKnightXY on Ho-Oh, Sito on Heatran, Virizion, and Ralts (and happy birthday!), wobbanut on Zigzagoon and Pinsir, Drakonekoshi on Tyrunt and Poochyena, Shiny Lord on Buneary and completing your BQ, MurderofKrow on Seviper, I Like Pie! on Paras, nahranej on Larvesta, Cacturne, Marowak x2, Helioptile, and Eevee, Tsukuyomi56 on Magnemite, Cyberra on Lileep and Floatzel, NotABeginningTrainer on Delibird, Lugia1703 on Feebas x3, Wurmple, Swablu, Seedot, Magikarp, and Wailmer, Blastonite on Shroomish x2, PKMN Trainer Gray on Torchic and Dragalge, Doobius on Bergmite and Zubat x2, Shine on Feebas, DJX on Feebas and Carvanha, taufik386 on all your Dexnav shinies, TheEliteEmpoleon on Cresselia, umbreonfan3636 on Feebas, Twilit Dragoon on Latios, darthmalice777 on Mudkip, Echo Nacyl on Unown, Yoitsdaffy on Carvanha and Tentacool, AquaRegisteel on Zekrom, maldoror on Raikou and Registeel, brunocosta1 on Lanturn, Artikia on Treecko, LeppaBerry on Lunatone, kirkeastment on Feebas and Tropius, cryuel on Spinda, Mewtwo Ex on Zubat, Thundurus, and Kyurem, TheMaster327 on Latias, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Razorbadger, Supremacy, and Twilit Dragoon for the congrats!

I haven't gotten any more shinies the past few days, although I've been hunting quite a bit. Eevee is up to 8850 SRs, Route 8 is at 850 REs, and Reshiram just reached 2600 SRs this afternoon. I plan to do some more SR'ing Eevee this evening. Also, I've decided that my next MM will be Noibat, but first I have to get through the 900+ non-shiny Sigilyph in my Pokebank... which is going to be a long and tedious process. So it'll probably be a little while before I start on that.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Lorde, A_Wild_CHARIZARD, Cyberra, LilyValley, Supremacy, The Prince of May, and 2rsa!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
This game's RNG is being awful to me. 2,000+ Dratini hatched in Pokémon Y, which means I am triple over odds, my record has been broken and that every time this game crashed, the Pokémon I was hunting broke my record for most eggs for one shiny. Why, game. This game crashing coincidence is horrible. It doesn't even look like I will be able to start hunting Swablu until January or later.
I truly don't want to sound depressing, but any ounce of confidence I had when I began hatching Dratini is gone.

Doobius

its official. i hate shiny zubat. 3 in 2 days is just lame. i'm trying to horde hunt an HA axew and rather than show me axew just a couple times, my game thinks its funny to dish out green zubat. meh, meh, and more meh.

Last edited:

Duppy

YES! My pokemon soul silver badge quest is under way with a shiny Totodile, so happy my second ever shiny. Took me 744 soft resets, a lot quicker than I expected.

Pictures:

20141230_164706.jpg

20141230_164832.jpg

20141230_165211.jpg

EDIT: Does anyone know how to show pictures in my post and not just link it?

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Currently waiting in a hospital for my mom's surgery to be done. Found someone from a nearby college campus who was stopping by for lunch at the cafeteria with his 2DS and decided to streetpass him. I ended up getting my eon ticket (finally). After Cobalion I hope to hunt for Latias, or possibly one of the other Swords, depending on my mood. Good Luck everybody especially lilyvalley on those broken odds and to Doobius for the onslaught of zubat and congrats to those with successful hunts especially TheMaster327 on finally grabbing Latias.

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
After two years of no DS and no games, I finally got my hands on a new 3DS and Alpha Sapphire. I'm currently doing a mixture of chaining and horde for a Shiny Swablu. No luck yet, and my encounter rate for Swablu is up to 400. Can't wait for my gold birb. Hoping for a female, so I can add it to my team.

Doobius

just got a shiny wingull. shiny charm and horde encounters are shiny galore for sure. maybe i should go after something i actually want as a shiny.

Duppy

Time to hunt for the second shiny of my soul silver bade quest, cant decide where to hunt. Its either at Ilex forest at night for the chance of zubat (25%) paras (15%) or oddish (60%) or Route 32 for the chance of rattata, ekans, zubat, bellsprout, mareep, hoppip, wooper.

Out of the available pokemon I would prefer a shiny oddish to get a shiny bellossom which looks cool, a shiny mareep or a shiny wooper.

What do you guys recommend?

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Caught 3 Shiny Feebas from Chain Fishing trying to get a Modest natured one with Synch. 2 were caught yesterday. First in about 5 minutes, 2nd in around 30 minutes. 3rd was caught after almost an hour this morning. I got 1 male and 2 females. Male is Quirky natured with Oblivious. 1 Female is Bold natured with Swift Swim and other Female is Gentle natured with Oblivious. One is for my team, One I'm giving to my sister and the last one I'll trade for a different shiny.

Feebas is my first Shiny in Alpha Sapphire. :) And first time even owning a Shiny Feebas.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Time to hunt for the second shiny of my soul silver bade quest, cant decide where to hunt. Its either at Ilex forest at night for the chance of zubat (25%) paras (15%) or oddish (60%) or Route 32 for the chance of rattata, ekans, zubat, bellsprout, mareep, hoppip, wooper.

Out of the available pokemon I would prefer a shiny oddish to get a shiny bellossom which looks cool, a shiny mareep or a shiny wooper.

What do you guys recommend?

Go for dat Oddish. Shiny Bellossom is so underrated.

------

Guys, Torchic is nearing 10k SRs. Lets hope this doesn't go 3x over odds!

Gratz everyone and good luck.

Duppy

Go for dat Oddish. Shiny Bellossom is so underrated.

------

Guys, Torchic is nearing 10k SRs. Lets hope this doesn't go 3x over odds!

Gratz everyone and good luck.

Thanks for helping me decide, hunting it now.

Hope that Torchic comes soon :)

DTentacle

I went shiny hunting for the first time. Chose just the one that I wanted, Poochyena, which I got after around 80 encounters.

Then, I was hooked.

Chose to then go for Seedot, which came about at around 120 encounters.

Then I went for a Machop, which took the longest time at a little over 300 encounters.

I think a Ralts will be next on my hitlist.

Last edited:

Pluski

For a little more than a month now, I've been hatching eggs occasionally for a shiny Treecko. I still haven't got one after 785 eggs...

However, I did find a shiny Voltorb in a Horde Encounter a few days ago. However, after about 1500 more Pokémon seen (from hordes), I still haven't found another one.

TheMaster327

Started my 7th hunt in my BQ: Safari Zone! Specifically the south-eastern tall grass where Girafarig are. At 600 REs currently. Here's hoping for a nice quick hunt for once :)

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I'm so upset. I broke a chain of 300ish for my BQ Voltorb and tried again and then on chain 152 I got it and it was level 32 so I thought it couldn't explode yet. Little to my knowledge, I was looking at XY level up, not ORAS. It exploded right in my face. What is worse is that I have a damp golduck on my team. :( well... time to keep trying.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
I'm back with some more shiny news :). Yesterday me and my boyfriend were hanging out n he ran into a beautiful shiny swablu and I thought it would be nice if I could get one since mega Altria is awesome. So last night I was ev training some new pokemon I had just bred when on the last horde I needed I got a shiny swablu :). So both me and my boyfriend got shiny swablus on the same day.

I was just ev training another pokemon and I ran into a shiny zigzagoon. Haven't checked what his ability is yet but I hope it's pick up so I can have a shiny member of my pick up squad :).

Anyway good luck to everyone on your hunts.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Azulart on Numel, PokemonMegaBeast on Weedle, maldoror on Cresselia, SurrealistSmeargle on Latios, Crimson Penguin on Flabebe, Iwanuq on both Zubat and Poochyena, pokefreak2014 on Buneary, dark1raven3 on Phantump, Shiny Lord on Taillow, TomoEGoto on Tyrunt, SurrealAndrew on Sandshrew, Echo Nacyl on Regice, Rodger on Golett, Heliotrope on Treecko, ShiningKnightXY on Ho-Oh, Sito on Heatran,Drakonekoshi on Tyrunt, Shiny Lord on Buneary, Cyberra on Lileep, Sito on Virizion, PKMN Trainer Grey on Torchic and Dragalge, Shine on Feebas, TheEliteEmpoleon on Cresselia, Twilit Dragoon on Latios, darthmalice777 on Mudkip, Echo Nacyl on Unown, Aqua Registeel on Zekrom, maldoror on Raikou and Registeel, brunocosta1 on Lanturn, Artikia on Treecko, LeppaBerry on Lunatone, Mewtwo Ex on Zubat and Thundurus and Kyurem, TheMaster327 on Latias, Duppy on Totodile, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you for the luck, Murderofkrow!

-----------

I haven’t done much hunting in the last week+, but I’m up to 1,800 REs on Black 2, 12,800 REs on Platinum, and 9,600 HBs on HeartGold. I’m working a double today (wasn’t supposed to work in the morning, but the typical co-worker called in), so it looks like my hunting for 2014 is all done. 27 shinies this year, despite larger gaps in hunting this year compared to last. Same number found as last year, except this year I didn’t fail any, so it seems like I did just a little bit better this year :) Given that I haven’t been hunting as much, I’m curious to see if I’ll find as many shinies next year.

Happy New Year :)

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, cocoadragon, MurderofKrow, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Cyberra, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, LilyValley, Supremacy, and Lunafloon)!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I've made the final CH completion update for this month, as well as for this year. It's 11:45 PM in my place when I type this, 15 minutes away from New Year :p

Congrats to everyone completing the CH this year! :D

No legend shows up as my "2014 final shiny" unfortunately. Tried SR-ing for Ho-Oh, Heatran and Regice, neither shows up as shiny after three whole days of SR-ing. My last shiny of this year ends up being a measly male Feebas from chain fishing :p
Oh well, at least I got Shiny Reshiram and Shiny Latias this month.

Now, anyone has an idea for January CH?

EDIT: Does anyone know how to show pictures in my post and not just link it?

quote someone else's post that has a picture in it, and see the IMG tag they are using ;)

Is this a personal preference thing? Because all Feebas can involve into Milotic, it doesn't have to be female.

Yes, it's personal preference :)