• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

HM02gon

Waiting...
I'm not sure how to post pictures, but today I finally got my first shiny in ORAS and my first shiny of 2015!
I was breeding my fully evolved transfers from XY for my dex when out of nowhere, a shiny Mienfoo pops out of the egg. I wasn't even shiny breeding at the time, but then again the Japanese Ditto I had in the daycare may have affected that. Anyway, finally got a shiny in ORAS!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So today y'all, I did 100 more soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in OR; I'm totally gonna meet my weekly quota of SRs. Last night I also did 60-70 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza attempt and hatched like two dozen Magby eggs for my Shiny Magby MM hunt as well.

AvemFlamma

Shiny Hunter
I'm a new shiny hunter, and I just thought I'd post here to say I've already obtained my first shiny of the year! As you can see in my signature, the shiny I was lucky enough to grab was a Chikorita in my Heartgold, after only ~200 resets! I'm working on a shiny-only run in Heartgold, and right now I'm doing RE's hoping to find a shiny Pidgey. So far I've had no luck yet, but you can be sure I'll try until that darn bird shines! :)

Hey dudes! Just started my shiny breeding a few days ago, after I finally finished my national dex. I started playing around a month ago with alpha sapphire so I had to start from scratch, but I finally did it! I am trying to breed a shiny eevee as my first shiny since I've always wanted one, and I am at around 200-something eggs so far. I was extremely lucky and met an awesome user from here who just up and gave me a Japanese perfect IV ditto for absolutely nothing. I won't mention his name, but he is just plain awesome, and a feast should be held in his honor lol.

I do have one shiny that I got from wonder trade, which is a perfect shiny growlith, but I'm not counting that as my "first" personal shiny since I really did no work for it. Anyway, wish me luck!

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Congrats on the recent shinies you all!

Sadly, I've lost count of my total SR, but I am now entering my 48th hour of SR for my shiny Zekrom, its taking far longer than I anticipated. Hopefully it will shine soon!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Went off hatching for a shiny Bagon since that's been on my to-do list since Mega Salamence was revealed, forgot to note down how long it took but it was probably ~130 eggs or so.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/jZlWC1C.jpg?1[/img139]

Jolly nature with an ideal IV spread (31/31/31/x/31/31) which is fantastic, along with Dragon Dance and Thrash egg moves since it doesn't get Dragon Dance by level up. Thrash is just for fun because of Aerilate but will likely never get use, definitely going to use this for competitive Ubers though. Glad it worked out since I was hoping to use this competitively and didn't want it to end up like my Timid Sigilyph with a 3 IV in Speed.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Finally completed my living Dex sometime last week, and got the Shiny Charm. Immediately, I went to get my Synchronize Adamant Kirlia, and flew to the Fabled Cave ASAP! There was my journey of Zekrom shiny hunt. Thinking it would take forever, unbeknownst to me, the Thunder God has blessed unto me eternal luck! In under 100 Soft Resets and under 2 hours (I started sometime last week, but gave it another try tonight), the Zekrom shone a lustrous green! Turn after turn of no luck, I finally decided to use my one and only Master Ball before the beautiful black giant kills itself with Struggle. Hooray! Shiny Zekrom get! I call him Raijin in the name of the Japanese Thunder God. Look at the nature AND... Synchronize didn't work. I got a Mild (+SpAtk,-Defense), which undoubtedly SUUUUCKED, and has four 31 IVs (HP, SpAtk, SpDef, and Spe). Nevertheless, a shiny is a shiny, and I love my shiny green Zekrom!

Shiny Zekrom!

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Finally completed my living Dex sometime last week, and got the Shiny Charm. Immediately, I went to get my Synchronize Adamant Kirlia, and flew to the Fabled Cave ASAP! There was my journey of Zekrom shiny hunt. Thinking it would take forever, unbeknownst to me, the Thunder God has blessed unto me eternal luck! In under 100 Soft Resets and under 2 hours (I started sometime last week, but gave it another try tonight), the Zekrom shone a lustrous green! Turn after turn of no luck, I finally decided to use my one and only Master Ball before the beautiful black giant kills itself with Struggle. Hooray! Shiny Zekrom get! I call him Raijin in the name of the Japanese Thunder God. Look at the nature AND... Synchronize didn't work. I got a Mild (+SpAtk,-Defense), which undoubtedly SUUUUCKED, and has four 31 IVs (HP, SpAtk, SpDef, and Spe). Nevertheless, a shiny is a shiny, and I love my shiny green Zekrom!

Shiny Zekrom!

Unlucky, if that was a kyyurem that would be a perfect nature for kyyurem-B anyway I have started a hunt for a shiny heatran on the scorched slab and have reached 500 SRS so far. Good luck to everyone on their shiny hunts and congrats to everyone else on their recent shines.

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So I finally figured out why my game was being stubborn with Voltorbs! I have bred roughly 1300 eggs with a 3IV Voltorb I thought was my 6er -_- F me plz. So I am going to rehatch a 6er and breed with that. But in the mean time I took a break and at 705 SRs I got me a Shiny Docile Suicune. Bold Sync failed which is fine. It has 31 in HP DEF and SPE. Not too bad imo. And then I went in search of a Jolly Sync Elygem and happened across a Shiny Telepathy Elygem before I said screw it I'll just breed one haha. I totally spaced hatching for one. Which is fine cause I got my first Double Shiny Day :D and the day just started over here on PST :D

Maybe Terrackion(my current hunt before I go back to Breeding) Will yield a 3 in 1 day! But that's askin too much. BUT WHO KNOWS! We'll see :p

Suicune http://instagram.com/p/xYqkhcL6iU/?modal=true
Elgyem http://instagram.com/p/xYqTUlL6iB/?modal=true

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Soooo my first shiny of the year appeared last night, around 1:30am. :D I was doing some Wailmer hunting and this cute beach ball appeared from the deep.

10903590_1552492488341103_996672958_n.jpg

Razorbadger

Firstly, huge congrats to Cyberra on Virizion. It's a beautiful shiny, well deserved after such a long hunt.

Congrats to SmartD on Audino, Mestear on Lapras, CharlieDoryRose on Swablu, Twilit Dragoon on Cresseila, LilyValley on Dratini, NotABeginningTrainer on Larvesta, *Murkrow on Cressila and Latias, maldoror on Latias, Shiny Lord on Cyndaquil, Turtwig and Charmander, Jurpassic on Phanpy, Paraqua on Ponyta, HM02gon on Mienfoo, AvenFlamma on Chikorita, Yoitsdaffy on Swablu, Psynergy on Bagon, Void Ventus on Zekrom, Blastonite on Suicune and Elygem, Miguelostos on Giratina and everyone else on your shinies.

Well the desert in Omega Ruby decided to finally relent and give me my first shiny of the new year, although not one of my targets. After what is for 6th Gen a huge 11,216 REs a shiny Baltoy appeared.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/ad860b0e-e140-4e31-a4ad-6ef8194fae7e_zps1ccfc8dd.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/c59314c6-224e-40da-b116-6e1c869120d0_zps13f04eef.jpg[/IMG139]

Not sure how happy I am to have this guy to be honest. On the one hand I am happy to see something shine after so many encounters and I am warming to Baltoy a bit but after going nearly three times over odds I would have liked to have seen one of my targets shine and Baltoy is the one I wanted the least of the four in the Desert.

So I will be moving onto phase two in the desert eventually but first I want to start my Badge Quest in Alpha Sapphire with Treecko and probably continue my BQ in Heart Gold too so Cacnea and Trapinch can wait a while.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

AvemFlamma

Shiny Hunter
why are you guys so obsessed with shiny legendaries

Because not only is it awesome to go into a battle with say, the Elite Four and obliterate them with level 100 legends, but it is WAY cooler to have them shine awesome colors every time :D Really though, some people like all shiny teams for competitive play that include legendaries, and others just like the feel of accomplishment.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny

Because SR'ing for legends is pretty much the longest method of hunting if you realize how it has the lowest shiny odds along with RE'ing, but how it also involves resetting for each encounter instead of running away as Latias is proof of a much faster hunt in ORAS. Ubers also gives these Pokemon competitive purpose. But, for most of us, we just love the payoff of getting a pokemon that is more unique than what others may have, and/or a majority hunt for the shinies we either lost, or we just love the palette swap.

Anyways, no news from my Cobalion hunt yet, but I know it will be worth it after all this time since my first attempt back before I lost my White 2...yeah I am still ticked off about that.

Mestear

Shiny Hunter
Hmm... I don't know, really, got shiny Zapdos, which not really differs from usual one XD but still slightly brighter yellow colour looks better. I want to catch shiny Ho-Oh so hard, as for me he looks incredible, same about shiny Suicune. Also, shiny Giratina looks insane. For me there are 2 categories of shiny pokemon: those who looks worse in shiny form, and those who looks better or simply stunning.

Ryuken

Steel User

Because not only are they limited to one per game, but also the only method of obtaining them is to Soft Reset the game until a desirable shiny appears.
Since the chance of a shiny legend is almost the same as a regular encounter in the wild, and good IV spreads are difficult to get, they have an incredibly high trade value.
(Specially things like Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom, as they were shiny locked until the resent release of OR/AS)

Final

I Submit to No One
Because not only are they limited to one per game, but also the only method of obtaining them is to Soft Reset the game until a desirable shiny appears.
Since the chance of a shiny legend is almost the same as a regular encounter in the wild, and good IV spreads are difficult to get, they have an incredibly high trade value.
(Specially things like Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom, as they were shiny locked until the resent release of OR/AS)

Yeah. It happened to me on Alpha Sapphire a few weeks ago. Terrakion. Shiny. Check. Good Nature. Jolly. Check. IVs. All good except for Speed :/ Still. A shiny is a shiny.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Don't know why you'd want to trade a shiny legend but it's not my preference so it doesn't matter.

Shiny legends are really valuable, because it can take an absolute age (my 25k SRs for Giratina say hey). Usually, you will have to stop playing through the more interesting parts of the plotline in the game in order to hunt the legendaries. Most of them also look absolutely amazing *cough*Giratina*cough*, it seems a no brainer as to why any shiny hunter would be obsessed with shiny legendaries.

Anyways, congratulations on the shinies (nice one on the Baltoy, Razorbadger!) and good luck everyone :p

Raptor737

Mage of Void
I am currently at 200 SR's for shiny Registeel in ORAS.
It's the only method in which I haven't obtained a shiny and hopefully that'll change.

Out of curiosity, what seems to be about the average amount of SR's without the Shiny Charm?
I know it depends on luck, but I was just wondering.