• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Scrufox86

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post. Happy New year to all.

Ok I have no shiny news right now. I have been switching time between SRing for shiny Azelf on OR and MMing Scatterbug on X but have had no luck. I have almost doubled the amount of time spent SRing for Reshiram for Azelf lol and I have hatched so many boxes of Scatterbug eggs I have lost count but I know it must be well over 2000 eggs by now counting all the various on/off hatching sessions. Well anyway I think I will try to focus on getting Scatterbug first and then SR for Azelf before then doing a horde hunt. As there are some hordes that are 100% like Swablu and Sandshrew I will go for them. Fingers crossed I will get Scatterbug by next weekend lol. Hopefully by next weekend I will have Scatterbug and Azelf at least.

Well good luck shiny hunters!

AvemFlamma

Shiny Hunter
Nothing has happened yet in my Pidgey hunt on HG, I've gotten in maybe 100 more RE. I'm not really counting xD I plan to get in a few hundred more today, and actually start counting.

A few months ago I did the MM for a hidden ability Pichu and it worked after about 50 Pichus.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Guys, when i was hunting, i got a question
As i don't have X/Y nor ORAS, what do you guys think about the new odds?
From gen 2 - 5 it has been 1/8192, and now is 1/4096, do you feel that they are easy to get now?

Best not to ask this question to be honest (pertaining to the OP and the rules set aside in there). It can lead to a discussion on the value of shinies, so it's best to avoid such a question.

You didn't have to delete it, but oh well, still a decent move :)

Last edited:

Zero1999

I delete it, sorry about that, i am very newbie to the serebii forums

V

Shiny Hunter
My friend got me a shiny Charmander that he named Charcoal for me in ORAS (Charcoal is my shiny Charizard, my BFF Pokemon <3 sort of I guess my theme Pokemon) for Christmas

Still. Hunting. Treecko. >.> I'm also going to start a BQ for HG and my main Pokemon that I want to get at some point is I'm going to reclaim the shiny Tentacool that my Drowzee 1HKOed :)

razor fire

So I just got the shiny charm, and I'm wondering what are the odds of finding a shiny legendary in this game? I mean specifically those that are mirages, like terrakion and reshiram. Are the odds 1/512?

Faals

Im looking for a free shiny Ralts, I just got pokemon alpha sapphire and I don't have anything to trade. I just thought it would be cool to start the game with a shiny male ralts, looking for help!

TheEliteEmpoleon

So I just got the shiny charm, and I'm wondering what are the odds of finding a shiny legendary in this game? I mean specifically those that are mirages, like terrakion and reshiram. Are the odds 1/512?

I'm pretty sure they have they same odds as any other pokémon with the charm, so 1/1365.3 I may be wrong though.

Im looking for a free shiny Ralts, I just got pokemon alpha sapphire and I don't have anything to trade. I just thought it would be cool to start the game with a shiny male ralts, looking for help!

You should probably try the trading forums in the Gen 6 section.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the awesome recent shinies! Sorry I haven't been active the last month or two. I haven't been hunting lately due to the holidays that just passed and I'm also busy this month working on making little bird figurines out of clay to sell for donations for my local animal shelter.

Anyway, last Monday I just bought Alpha Sapphire and now I'm working on my pokedex for maximum rate of critical capture for when I go and SR for legendaries. I'm also leveling up my False Swipers while running around and catching pokemon for my pokedex. I was missing Crawdaunt and remembered that Crawdaunt can be caught in the wild. So I began fishing on route 117. The first Crawdaunt that I reeled in after a few minutes looked... off. It looked more orange and a bit darker. I thought it looked shiny and then a few seconds later sparkles and I said "that's because you are shiny!"
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0733_zpsc04c46bc.jpg[/IMG139]
My first shiny of 2015 and the first shiny in my Alpha Sapphire (Not counting the event Beldum)! I then had Ninjask use False Swipe twice and caught the sparkling crayfish with one Ultra Ball! Her IVs are: 12/11/27/6/15/15 and more pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Pokemon-Amie and Video.

Also since it's a new year, My shinies of 2014:
Shroomish - Feburary 5th 2014
Palkia - Feburary 15th 2014
Druddigon - April 5th 2014
Stunky - May 13th 2014
Nidoran M - May 13th 2014
Ralts - May 22nd 2014
Noibat #2 - July 4th 2014
Goomy - July 5th 2014
Noibat #3 - July 12th 2014
Noibat #4 - July 12th 2014
Mareep - August 1st 2014
Noibat #5 - August 10th 2014
Scraggy #2 - August 12th 2014
Mime Jr. - August 13th 2014
Cyndaquil #2 - August 18th 2014
Unown - August 26th 2014
Sandshrew - August 27th 2014
Koffing - September 5th 2014
Wooper - September 19th 2014
Tentacool - September 30th 2014
Electrode - October 2nd 2014
Krabby - October 6th 2014
Druddigon #2 - October 7th 2014
Pumpkaboo - November 5th 2014
Lugia - November 7th 2014
Grimer - November 13th 2014
Zubat - November 17th 2014
Good luck to everyone and may the new year bring you lots of sparkles!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This morning I did 70 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt on Omega Ruby, and as I switched to Alpha Sapphire to do some training there, I encountered a Shiny Ariados at the Sky Pillar. I caught it in a Dusk Ball and I'm gonna send it to my Y version. Anyway, I postponed my other Shiny hunts as a result.

Zero1999

It is me or did a guy said that all of us use codes?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
At 1500 for a gold-plated Reshiram. My plan is to SR 600 times from Monday to Thursday this week, and because of more important and upcoming events SR 600 times on Monday and Tuesday. Going well, I'll have SR'd 2400 times next week, and should have an average of SRing 1200 per week. I will keep this strategy for all the shinies. After Reshiram, I'm going after Regirock. Tell me, with the increased chances in Gen VI, what's the average amount of SRs before getting their shiny?

You're an idiot past me! I should probably not obsess over getting a shiny like this, when I can just play games

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
You're an idiot past me! I should probably not obsess over getting a shiny like this, when I can just play games

I am off on break currently for another 2ish weeks.....I plan on doing 1k a day.....12-13/14hours pending how distracted I get....LOL

That being said. I got up to 1250 SRs yesterday before I went to sleep. Been awake for a little(hour and half or so) up to 1344. Hoping Terrakion Shines today :D

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

Yeah, me. It's very suspicious how many shinies everyone on this thread seems to get.

You mean how people spend countless hours a week hoping to get a target or breed up a pokemon? Yea we use codes all right. It's called rng. Craptastic troll.

UPDATE TIME! :DDDDDDD

I GOT HIM! 1625 SRs Yeilds me my Jolly Terrakion :) with Superior in Def, SpAtt, and SpDef. pewp. No Att or Spe IVs. On well. Still freakin happy! Had to end up masterballin cause he got up to 3 Sword Dances. Freakin Butthole lol. BUT I STILL LOVE HIM :D

http://instagram.com/p/xdPduGL6sf/?modal=true

Last edited:
It is me or did a guy said that all of us use codes?

Yeah, me. It's very suspicious how many shinies everyone on this thread seems to get.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

It's probably because a great many of us spend time collectively hunting Shiny Pokemon down for hours at a time each and every day.

You'd be surprised just how often a group of 100 Shiny Hunters will find Shiny Pokemon if they're all hunting, and there are probably more than just 100 of us in this thread that post weekly if not more often with news of a new Shiny Pokemon.

Also, i reported your previous post because it was a clear attempt at trying to cause an issue in this thread(which i also see you're doing via VM's too), and i can see the mods have already taken action and deleted several of your posts as a result. Keep in mind people will not take kindly to your accusations in this thread, especially if they come from a place of not understanding how much people here hunt or any other reason.

None of your posts in this thread so far have been of any relation to Shiny Pokemon but moreso questioning the legality of other persons Shiny Pokemon, and surprise surprise they've all be erased. :)

EDIT: and now you've been banned, good work for the mods, keeps their day to day work down not having someone just stirring. :)

EDIT#2: Since i haven't seen any posts about a CH yet, what does everyone think of an easy but corny CH, wherein since we're starting over a new year, would be to just locate at least 1 NEW shiny during the month of January? A Shiny Pokemon that you don't yet own.

That way most everyone should be able to start the new year off with a win :D

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Glad to see idiot users getting banned. Honestly accusing people here of hacking our shinies -.-
Like, come on. Free time = shiny hunting. Odds in 6th gen being lowered, many more
people can get shinies faster and once you find one or two... you usually want more!

As for me, my first shiny of the new year just shone. Unfortunately, it was a double.
I was IV breeding for Omanyte, since I still haven't gotten the right spread on it.
Which is why this is my second Omanyte.. Though, fortunately, I DIDN'T screw
up on it's nature this time lol this one is modest (other being adamant)
and had 31/31/31/31/xx/31 where the last one was just missing defense
stat. Which is fine, I think they have bad SpD anyway, so this one can
be competitive :) but no luck still on those IVs :p
(it took 105 for golett, and about 120 for shelmet and I really wanted a shelmet to shine instead lol)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hey everyone! Congratulations on the recent shinies!

So today, I managed to hatch another 150 eggs for my Buneary hunt, bringing my total to 900 eggs hatched. Now I'm into some hunt! I can't wait to see when it will hatch. Most likely going to be over a thousand eggs, which is fine. Still, I wish I would've hatched more eggs today...

I'm going to do some more soft resets for Cresselia tonight. Unfortunately, it seems like my holidays are almost over, as I need to work on some school project tomorrow, leaving me not much time left to hunt. But there's still a glimmer of hope!

Good luck everyone!

I got a Shiny Clamperl and a Shiny Steelix through GTS, but they are hacked :( I didn't know we could upload hacked Pokémon to the GTS.

Anyway, I finally got my Shiny Charm today, and I've been trying to breed a Shiny Torchic! No such luck after the first 50 eggs, though.