• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I've not only managed to beat my record for MMing which was 718 for the Mareep in my Y badgequest at 930 egg I think have broken odds (with shiny charm)! I'm currently gathering eggs 931-1050...

Maybe in this batch it will come?

Also did I actually break odds?

I decided to start a new hunt which is Dexnav chaining for a shiny deerling

Alpha Sapphire shinies: Caught myself;068;;319;;359;

From a trade:531:;354;

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
To stop complaining about my lost shinies, i want to ask this

Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which one looks better

They all look nice, but my favourite is Torchic. They pretty much just swapped its colours around but I think it looks lovely. Similar to a real chick.

I've done three hours of SR'ing today which is more than I was planning to do. So five hours in total, about 300 SR's all together.

I've just done a test run of catching him because I realised how screwed my Venusaur could be against him, even with a 50 level advantage. Agility plus Air Slash/Extrasensory= double damage and flinch hax ahoy. o_O The battle was indeed not that fun. I'm not certain if I should just go with paralysis as my status option (doesn't wear off but ugh, lower catch rate) or maybe quickly train a Crobat with Hypnosis. Still weak to Extrasensory but wouldn't have to worry about flinching. Hmm.

Congrats one new shinies and good luck on all the hunts. :)

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I think I've put together an absurdly detailed plan on catching Groudon, even without the Master Ball (It had to be used on shiny Mewtwo). Fainted Adamant Synchronize as lead, begin with Kingler. Rain Dance and switch to Parasect (Dry Skin, not Effect Spore). Spore it when it's awake, False Swipe it after first Spore and after Rest. 16 Heavy Balls and 50+ Dusk and Ultra balls each. This is the absolute best situation to use the Heavy Balls, and it's unique to 4th gen.

This seems good, right? If Groudon is leaving a big mark (My Parasect is level 100, I doubt it), leftovers and rain will heal. Now I am resetting for it. I may go back to Cresselia, but I don't feel like switching games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Earlier this morning, I did 75 more soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt on Omega Ruby. Last night I did around 60 more soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt as well and I hatched close to 30 Magby eggs for my Masuda Method hunt too. Also, good luck to others on their Shiny hunts too.

Shiny Lord

Earlier today I hatched a shiny Trapinch after 136 eggs. Modest nature. IVs are kind of bad. HP- 18, 13 Attk, 4 def, 4 sp.atk :(, sp. def 18, Speed 27

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to brunocosta1on Torchic and Magikarp, Nack Firestorm on Latias, Razorbadger on Treecko, razor fire on Foongus, Blasting Toise on Magikarp, Tentacool, Froakie, and Hawlucha, eiger on Electrike, Shine on Porygon, Mestear on Articuno, Sydwinx on Reshiram, Echo Nacyl on Elgyem and Zigzagoon, Iwanuq on Latias, Aron, and Cresselia, IndigoTribesman on Cobalion, Terrakion, Venomoth, and Virizion, Cyberra on Sneasel, Staryu, and Absol x2, ||Caboose|| on Lopunny, Goodra, Bisharp, Rotom, Gengar, Landorus, and Zekrom, TheGreaterLucario on Suicune, 2rsa on Zorua, Heliotrope on Zigzagoon, Greedy Chibi on Magnemite, Mienfoo, Riolu, Ariados, and Shuppet, MurderofKrow on Pidgey, Misdreavus, and Pawniard,Twilit Dragoon on Registeel, pokefreak2014 on Rotom, Bidoof, and Cascoon, Sito on Registeel, DJX on Tepig, Manakete-Girl on Pidgeotto, Piplup, Virizion, Froakie, and your other shinies, Giblie on Ralts, wobbanut on Machop, Taillow, and Wingull, Supremacy on Torchic, StrongBad456 on Cyndaquil, bruinsgirl33 on Reshiram, Gastly, Luvdisc, and Wailmer, JohnNiles on Ho-Oh, Scherzando on Machop, Swatski9 on Latios, JohnMango95 on Numel, Pluski on Lugia, ohjeezitskim on Latios, Demonslayer492 on Zekrom, Ginji on Mudkip, Void Ventus on Lugia, Shiny Lord on Trapinch, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Sorry to hear about the lost Registeel, TheEliteEmpoleon - good luck on a quick reclaim. Also sorry to hear about your lost games, Blackkyurem and Zero1999 - hope you're able to find them and/or reclaim your shinies as soon as possible.

Thanks to Lorde and Cpchris for the luck!

Still no new shinies for me, I'm afraid. I haven't done quite as much hunting since I started school this week, but Eevee is still being stubborn at 9900 SRs, Reshiram is at 3945 SRs and counting (will try to make it to 4000 SRs tonight), and Route 8 is still at 1600 REs. I guess I just don't have as much luck (and time) as I did last year - by this point in 2014, I'd already gotten four shinies. Hopefully I'll find my first shiny of 2015 soon.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Lorde, Cpchris, Tagi, 2rsa, pokemaster13, Kingzard, Scrufox86, and The Prince of May!

Blackkyurem

Congrats to brunocosta1on Torchic and Magikarp, Nack Firestorm on Latias, Razorbadger on Treecko, razor fire on Foongus, Blasting Toise on Magikarp, Tentacool, Froakie, and Hawlucha, eiger on Electrike, Shine on Porygon, Mestear on Articuno, Sydwinx on Reshiram, Echo Nacyl on Elgyem and Zigzagoon, Iwanuq on Latias, Aron, and Cresselia, IndigoTribesman on Cobalion, Terrakion, Venomoth, and Virizion, Cyberra on Sneasel, Staryu, and Absol x2, ||Caboose|| on Lopunny, Goodra, Bisharp, Rotom, Gengar, Landorus, and Zekrom, TheGreaterLucario on Suicune, 2rsa on Zorua, Heliotrope on Zigzagoon, Greedy Chibi on Magnemite, Mienfoo, Riolu, Ariados, and Shuppet, MurderofKrow on Pidgey, Misdreavus, and Pawniard,Twilit Dragoon on Registeel, pokefreak2014 on Rotom, Bidoof, and Cascoon, Sito on Registeel, DJX on Tepig, Manakete-Girl on Pidgeotto, Piplup, Virizion, Froakie, and your other shinies, Giblie on Ralts, wobbanut on Machop, Taillow, and Wingull, Supremacy on Torchic, StrongBad456 on Cyndaquil, bruinsgirl33 on Reshiram, Gastly, Luvdisc, and Wailmer, JohnNiles on Ho-Oh, Scherzando on Machop, Swatski9 on Latios, JohnMango95 on Numel, Pluski on Lugia, ohjeezitskim on Latios, Demonslayer492 on Zekrom, Ginji on Mudkip, Void Ventus on Lugia, Shiny Lord on Trapinch, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Sorry to hear about the lost Registeel, TheEliteEmpoleon - good luck on a quick reclaim. Also sorry to hear about your lost games, Blackkyurem and Zero1999 - hope you're able to find them and/or reclaim your shinies as soon as possible.

Still no new shinies for me, I'm afraid. I haven't done quite as much hunting since I started school this week, but Eevee is still being stubborn at 9900 SRs, Reshiram is at 3945 SRs and counting (will try to make it to 4000 SRs tonight), and Route 8 is still at 1600 REs. I guess I just don't have as much luck (and time) as I did last year - by this point in 2014, I'd already gotten four shinies. Hopefully I'll find my first shiny of 2015 soon.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Lorde, Cpchris, Tagi, 2rsa, pokemaster13, Kingzard, Scrufox86, and The Prince of May!

Well, uhh, Idk what was up with X, but i had 100hrs of gameplay and no shiny :p

I tried to PokeNav on the first route of OR, I failed horribly, and I did 100REs then.

Uhh congrads to anyone who got a shiny or is trying to get one!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey all! Congrats on all the recent shinies! As for me, I'm back with shiny news!

Shiny Regice has braced my AS screen! :) I got it on the same game I got regirock on! I was so paranoid with this hunt because I thought I might SR over the shiny cuz they look so similar but I recognized it right away! :)

Omg! I just checked it's stats! It has perfect IVs in HP, Def, and Sp Def with a Calm (+ Sp Def, - Atk) nature! I'm a happy camper! Now on to a more noticeable shiny.... Registeel of course! I'll laugh if I get him on my AS too! I'm loving these legends odds in these games!

Anyways, happy hunting everyone!

Zero1999

Thanks for the heads up Crimson penguin really appreciated, as for now i won't hunt in gen 3, but i am going to get alpha sapphire,
Right now i am deciding which shiny starter to choose, the votes are like this
Treecko: 2, Torchic: 1 and Mudkip: 0

HM02gon

Waiting...
Haven't found any shines in a while but today I completed my National Dex which means the shiny hunting can begin!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Still no shiny Treecko. At least not in reality, Cause last night I dreamt I got 2 in 1 game (don't know how that works,lol). XD

Hopefully I'll be getting him soon though. ^^

Good luck everyone! ^w^

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
New day after I got my Zekrom. Congrats to all the recent shinies.

All day on Saturday (Its now Sunday) I got all 3 shiny regi's. Regirock was at 291. Regice was at 261 and Registeel was at 378. When morning comes I'll be starting Regigias and going all day.

Swatski9

Got two shiny ditto's in the GTS with perfect IV's. Also got a shiny Gardevoir with a blue pentagon with perfect stats as well from a random player.
Currently MMing for a perfect shiny brave honedge.

Last edited:

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Congrats to all recent shinies everyone!
I haven't posted here for like a month, because I haven't officially started my shiny hunt yet.

But things weren't dull and pale as I'd expect.
The shine didn't abandon me.

This one randomly appeared while trying to get a male one to pass on eggmoves

Then there was the shiny Bellsprout that appeared in a horde while EV training, but I accidentally knocked it out.

And this one shined after 3 eggs while breeding for hidden abilities.

That's about it, good luck on your upcoming hunts everyone!

Hey, been a while since I've posted... havn't been hunting much.
Anyways, on omega ruby I got to the elite 4 and defeated everyone but steven. I brought my pokemon over to pokemon x to train, so I went down to victory road and a shiny geodude pops up in a hoard(I want to put pictures that I took but I cant even figure out how to get them on my laptop) it almost was knocked out, it had 1 hp left and thankfully it was faster than the last non-shiny geodude and knocked it out with magnitude. it's IVs are 31 / 26, 28 / 26, 28 / 5, 7 / 1, 3 / 31 hasty with hp ice and I'm just amazed by my luck... Unfortunately if I would have been breeding maybe I would have gotten that spritzee instead, but oh well...
So here's a blanket congrats to everyone, and goodluck with your hunts- hopefully it won't be too long until next time I post

EDIT: Haven't figured out how to get my images up yet but anyways- after catching geodude I defeated the champion on omega ruby and decided I might as well run around the friend safari on x and I found a shiny charmeleon it's lonely with its HA and max ivs in defense and speed

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

So resumed soft resetting Ho-oh today. And I got it!!! Couldn't believe it when I saw it shine. I masterballed it after trying to catch it by putting it to sleep a bunch. It has a Gentle Nature. IVS are HP 30, Atk 8, Def 30, Sp.Atk 31, Sp.Def 30, Speed 4. Don't know how many soft resets it took overall. I have shiny charm. It also my first soft resetted shiny.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, I put in another 70 eggs today with about 150 in total. I definitely prefer SR'ing now, but oh well.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Woohoo, today I catched a shiny Groudon in SS!
Sync didn't work, but I don't care. Very happy I got him! Now I can SR for a good IV'ed Groudon in Omega Ruby.
Called it Sunn 0))). After the Drone Metal band: heavy bass creating vibrations, reference to the ground type & the yellow color from the sun :D.

I collected my first 300 eggs for a shiny pawniard, started hatched them just now.

Good luck shiny hunters!!!

Pluski

I'm back already with a new shiny Legendary Pokémon!

After discovering that Crescent Isle had appeared, I bred a Bold synchronizer and started SR'ing for Cresselia. After 476 resets, she appeared!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/Q6txToU.jpg[/img139]

The battle was quite short, it took less than 10 Ultra Balls to catch her. The Bold synchronizer worked, and it's perfect IV's are in HP, Special Attack and Special Defense.

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/eIwuJKg.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/PndB35S.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/OQpe2jx.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/p9ZapiX.jpg[/img300]

I think I'll SR for Zekrom next.