• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So today I was browsing the gts not really looking for anything in particular when I came across a shiny ninetails. The person was looking for a yveltal and I just so happened to have a spare on hand. So i did the trade not expecting it to to work as usually someone beats me to it but it worked. So now I have a modest drought ninetails from a friend safari. I love shiny ninetails so pretty happy I got one.

Also today I hatched another box of left over trapinch n I just had this feeling that I was going to get another shiny. On the second to last egg of that box out pops my second shiny trapinch who has perfect ivs in the right places :). So now I'm ev training him ready for battle.
Not sure what I'm going to do with the first 5iv trapinch I got earlier tho.

Spacial

procrastination
Hatched a shiny Swablu for a community hunt 2 days ago at egg 234. Adamant, HA, 4EM, RB 31/31/31/31/X/31. Not missing it's most important IVs (unlike my other MM shinies) so I'm happy :3 it's also my first ORAS shiny.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well i caught Rayquaza and Deoxys to wrap up the Delta Episode, sadly this meant i had my party full right away upon the end of that, so every time i want to SR for Shiny Cyndaquil, i have to grab it and check my PC to see if it's shiny.

So.... Since i can SR for a Shiny Cyndaquil on my HG/SS Games at a relatively decent pace and see what's Shiny before selecting too, i just grabbed Cyndaquil and have instead skipped right ahead to SR'ing for Shiny Tepig. :)

So my current hunts are;

SR Torchic (AS)
SR Tepig (OR)

Good luck with your hunts everyone.

Keovix

It's been a while since my last post, congratulations to everyone on your shinies!

Here's the latest shiny I've found, decided to do the CH on route 19 in B2/W2, and after approximately 800 RE's a shiny Patrat appeared in W2 caught it with a luxury ball.

Still trying to get that shiny Steelix in HG/SS, doing RE's whenever I have free time, lost track of the RE's I've done but I must be around 3500 RE's.

Also stopped SR for Suicune in AS at 2170, will try to resume this hunt soon.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to Swatski9 on Honedge, PokemonMegaBeast on Reshiram, StrongBad456 on Totodile, TheBuckeye11 on Tyrunt, Blaze. on Elekid, Manakete-Girl on Eevee, Sydwinx on Phantump, Kalosian on Wingull, ohjeezitskim on Wurmple, Ampharos_Spark on Zekrom, Wishmaker Latias on Snivy, kirkeastment on Sandshrew, Scrufox86 on Foongus and Murkrow, DJX on Pinsir, Lotad, and Cherrim, Artikia on Tailow, dark1raven3 on Trapinch, Ponymon on Swablu, and Keovix on Patrat!

I can't decide on one to focus on. @-@ Any suggestions? currently, the one that's taken me the longest so far is lugia..I believe I started between May-June for it.

Giratina! It's one of the coolest shinies imo. I'm planning to hunt for it in Diamond at some point, although I've got a ton of other hunts to finish before then... But good luck on whichever hunt you decide to work on!

--------------------

Just another quick update from me: Chimchar has reached 17,000 SRs, Snivy is at 3,000 SRs, and Weedle is at ~9,050 REs. I've been thinking about hunting Zekrom in Alpha Sapphire, but I want to finish these other hunts first. A change of pace might be nice, though.

Good luck on all of your hunts!

Kalosian

So long
Life is strange sometimes. Getting several random shinies in a short time is not something that I am used to.

Thanks to Lorde, Ampharos_Spark and pokemaster13 for the congrats since my last post.

I was playing X today as well, this time looking for a Female Riolu with a certain nature and ability in the Friend Safari. My hopes were getting low as I kept running into the two other Pokemon in the Safari all the time. I encountered yet another Pokemon that wasn't Riolu and was prepared to run. But as it appeared in full, there was something more to it, a total surprise. There was no chance I was running from this.

[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3628_zpsf4708658.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3633_zps3a8f1329.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3637_zpsf8befc23.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3638_zps39a5a275.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3645_zps1ca705ca.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3656_zps56efed6c.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3671_zpsd8089a13.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/IMG_3673_zps2a9386c7.jpg[/img139]
6th shiny on X, 4th shiny from a Friend Safari. And my third random shiny this week. This is just crazy. Never expected this to happen. I have the Shiny Charm but I guess that doesn't affect shiny rates in the Friend Safari.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a new shiny since my last post, and good luck to all of you on your current and future hunts.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey guys, just updating. So many nice shinies, congrats all! Sadly I have a cold, but that won't stop me hunting ;) Chimchar now counts for the CH too, so all the more reason to go for it! I am on 19,300 SR's atm. Best of luck to all!
~RaichuArcanine~

Cyberra

pain in the ***
SECOND shiny sneasel found in the dark fs. I was looking for a vullaby. This one is a male, naive nature and somewhat vain, with the ability Inner Focus and holding a grip claw.

Anyone have a spare HA tepig they'd be willing to trade for it? Or should I take my chances with the GTS? (I'd also take a HA oshawott, but I'm already 315 eggs into breeding for a shiny non-HA oshawott).

Cresselia is at 4,400 SRs. Oshawott is at 315 eggs and counting.

cryuel

FINALLY, after 557 soft resets I have found my 6th shiny for my Alpha Sapphire shiny badge quest, namely a shiny story Latias!! :D
Given the videos on YouTube at least, it would seem I am the third person in the world to have found one (though I'm sure there are a few more who like me haven't documented it via video). In any case, I'm SO ECSTATIC that I don't have to go through that loooong cutscene and can battle using Mega Evolutions now~ *yay*
The best of luck for everyone trying to find one!!

6Glc9P2.jpg

GRYvXq7.jpg

Since I've received little to no answers on this here, I'd be glad to share all the tips on finding a shiny story Lati@s, in case any of you are starting to doubt the process given the lack of information out there:
1) It's NOT shiny locked and would appear non-shiny during the cutscene, even were it a shiny (so you have to play through the entire cutscene and wait until Steven disappears to check in your party whether its shiny)
2) Saving one step in front of the Lati is perfect and you do not need to save in the area before.
3) Synchronise will work 100% of the time. I suggest having a fainted Synchroniser of your choice at the front of your party, then only one other Pokemon that can knock out the opponent's Pokemon with one move. To save time, turn off battle effects and set text speed to max. You can press B continuously and multitask with the only A being necessitated to select your attack.

I think that covers the most important tips I can give, but yeah.. you can definitely save right in front of it, which was something I wasn't clear on given the lack of information/videos on it. Happy hunting and don't give up!! :)
[/spoiler]

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I decided to take a break from hatching eevees... Since I have the Unova starter with their HAs I'll MM them.

Edit:

Well I got shiny Tepig just now while the game refused to give me a 6iv HA Tepig. I was just hatching hoping to get the 6iv.............

I got this instead:

Shiny Tepig.JPG

It has a 31/?/31/?/31/31 spread and it has it's HA too...

I've had this happen 3 times now with my bergmite last year and the Empoleon from my picture dump several pages back...

I for now nicknamed the phenonmon: The Bergmite Scenario!

Edit 2 32 eggs later...

Ok why does my AS give me a Shiny HA 5iv Snivy after my bad luck with Eevee#1?

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/018/8/b/shiny_snivy__by_empresslunastra-d8eflwd.jpg

It's IV spread is 31/X/31/31/31/31

Last edited:

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
FINALLY, after 557 soft resets I have found my 6th shiny for my Alpha Sapphire shiny badge quest, namely a shiny story Latias!! :D
Given the videos on YouTube at least, it would seem I am the third person in the world to have found one (though I'm sure there are a few more who like me haven't documented it via video). In any case, I'm SO ECSTATIC that I don't have to go through that loooong cutscene and can battle using Mega Evolutions now~ *yay*
The best of luck for everyone trying to find one!!

6Glc9P2.jpg

GRYvXq7.jpg

Since I've received little to no answers on this here, I'd be glad to share all the tips on finding a shiny story Lati@s, in case any of you are starting to doubt the process given the lack of information out there:
1) It's NOT shiny locked and would appear non-shiny during the cutscene, even were it a shiny (so you have to play through the entire cutscene and wait until Steven disappears to check in your party whether its shiny)
2) Saving one step in front of the Lati is perfect and you do not need to save in the area before.
3) Synchronise will work 100% of the time. I suggest having a fainted Synchroniser of your choice at the front of your party, then only one other Pokemon that can knock out the opponent's Pokemon with one move. To save time, turn off battle effects and set text speed to max. You can press B continuously and multitask with the only A being necessitated to select your attack.

I think that covers the most important tips I can give, but yeah.. you can definitely save right in front of it, which was something I wasn't clear on given the lack of information/videos on it. Happy hunting and don't give up!! :)
[/spoiler]

Congrats~! I've been SRing for the story Latios in OR for about a month now and it's nice to see people succeeding with it :) I also plan on SRing Latias in AS when I get there too~

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys! Congratulations on the latest shinies!

Yesterday I finally managed to hatch the remaining eggs I had in my PC, putting my Buneary hunt to 1200 eggs. Going well, I'd say!

As for ORAS, I still have some things I would like to see done before starting my Ho-Oh hunt, but it shouldn't take too long. :)
EDIT: "Things" done! All I wanted was a quick, nice shiny Feebas to add to my collection! It's a male, unfortunately, but it was just something I did for fun, nothing too important. He has Swift Swim, so it will be a Marvel Scale Defensive Milotic. His nature, Lax, is also a plus in Defense, so I might as well make use of it. After I EV train and level up Milotic and Cresselia, I will finally start hunting again normally.

Good luck!

Last edited:

camhines4

Chained two shiny Flaaffy today in Platinum! One at 19 and the other at 40. Lotad is next target

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! I'm back with shiny news!

So I have been hunting for the Regis and was working on the last of the trio, registeel, for over a week now. I ended up getting him this morning. He appeared on my OR file and has a modest nature with perfect IVs in HP, Sp Atk, and Spd.

I then EV trained the trio and then started for Regigigas. I just now got Regigigas on my OR file as well! It has a Brave nature with perfect IVs in HP, Def and Sp Def.

I have never used the Regis or have been a big fan of them so I'm glad they came pretty quickly. I think I want to work on the lake trio now!

Anyways, happy hunting everyone! :)

Last edited:

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
It's been a while since I've been on here, but maybe I can be more often soon. I quit hunting when my starter hunt on soul silver came up empty. I decided to wait until I got the new game. I finally got omega ruby for Christmas and quickly completed the story, and decided to work on the dex a bit. Then I decided I really missed hunting and decided to go after a shiny I really wanted. I finally started last night and continued today and after around 200 soft resets(didn't count)... Shiny Reshiram!!

Calm nature and perfect ivs in attack defense sp defense and speed, not too bad. Still really excited over it, don't know what I'll try next.
Congratulations on all new shinys and good luck to anyone hunting!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday, I did like 50-60 horde encounters for my Shiny Plusle hunt. Last night I also did exactly 56 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt on Omega Ruby (I actually counted this time) and I also did around 40 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt this morning. But anyways, good luck to others on their Shiny hunts too.

I managed to get a random shiny a couple of days ago. I realised that I was running low on Life Orbs due to using them for so many Pokemon, and thus, I decided to go out and chain for them a little bit using the DexNav. However, a few encounters in, I managed to run into a shiny Absol- also holding a Life Orb! I threw a Quick Ball straight away and caught it. It doesn't have any additional Egg Moves or IVs, sadly, but it was a nice way to find my first ORAS shiny. I nicknamed it Reuben, and now it's sitting in my Box and looking nice.

Congrats to everyone else, and good luck on your future hunts!

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
(insert picture of shiny Horsea that refuses to cooperate)
Was chain fishing today after i got my first ever shiny charm in OR! (completed national today, took shiny charm for a run)
Found this baby somewhere shortly after 100, I stopped counting after 100 but it was probably 103 or 4. Modest nature, idc about IVs, so yeah that's awesome!! nickname i'm meh about atm i'll probably change it. I plan to EV train it soon :)

I tried to upload pictures but it is not flipping working. i'll try again later :/
Edit Two: just started mming for eevee after getting a foreign one. I plan on getting quite a few, one for umbreon, one for sylveon, and one for a sylveon for my girlfriend (sylveon is her favorite) at the moment i'm only like 25 eggs in, but it's looking good. my odds are something like 1/500, which i'm happy with.

Attachments

• Snapchat-20150118042204.jpg
    Snapchat-20150118042204.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
Today, I decided to sit down and attempt my first Shiny hunt. I decided to go after a Shiny Zekrom in AS, and headed for Fabled Cave, as you do. My first encounter got me nowhere, so I started SR'ing. 71 SR's later, that sought-after sparkle made my heart skip a beat. Heart pounding, I threw a Master Ball that I won at Lilycove Department Store at it. Three wobbles later, Shiny Zekrom was mine! I'd post pics, but my tablet doesn't want to cooperate with me on that front.