• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

_Edu

Shiny Hunter
Dialga has finally shined for me!!! :D

It was a reclaim (?): I had the event shiny Dialga for B/W/B2/W2 (silly me could've gotten two because I have B/B2, but it was an in-store event and that day I went in a hurry) and I traded it for a shiny Jap Genesect.

I have no clue how many SR it took me, but I think it was below 500. I don't recall doing a lot of SR like the time I was looking for Zekrom.

Anyway, it was really really stubborn, approximately 50 Luxury Balls failed and as a last resort I threw my Master Ball. I saw my life past before my eyes because it had like 30% health and it used Struggle... I didn't know that move took 1/4 of its health. :L

I dislike Master Balls, but it's definitely better than watching it faint haha... I was saving it for Lugia and didn't even needed it then.

Calm sychronizer worked. IV spread: 16/31/31/14/20/31

My next hunt will be Terrakion (or the musketeer that decides to shine first haha).

Good luck on your current hunts and thanks 2rsa for the congrats!

SIDE NOTE: Do any of you have a spare Master Ball that you'll be willing to trade over?

NotABeginningTrainer

Hey, I'm 100% new to every part of this, and I realize that doesn't exempt me from any rules, but I really don't know what I'm doing. It's just that I hatched a shiny slakoth yesterday and was wondering if anyone wanted to trade for it or whatever?

We have trading forums for this. This thread is mostly for sharing. Congratulation though!

Anyways, I just hatched a 3IV shiny Froakie. I would use it in the maison except it doesn't have protean... Really irritating.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
Just nabbed myself a shiny Clampearl after chaining for about three days. i'm planning on evolving it to a huntail after i get my hands on Deep-sea-tooth (which has become hard to find for some reason.) i'm thinking about SR-ing for a Groudon in R/S/E, but before that, i'm planning on going after a Shiny nincada (a nifty 2-for-1 hunt which is great filler for my Shiny PC box :) )

Cyberra

pain in the ***
XP Shiny emolga #3 has just popped up in the electric safari, at 4,957 REs. Still looking for helioptile. I can't switch safaris because I only have one helioptile safari; I had the same problem when I hunted ponyta.

So many people getting shiny cresselias! You are all making me so friggin' jealous XP I'm at 8,800 SRs for her in White 2, desperately hoping she hasn't taken a page from virizion and ledyba's books.

Tauros is being a pain in the butt, too. I'm at 1,375 eggs and counting for that green and yellow bull.

Edit: Today, finally, after 1,552 eggs, a green and yellow bull crosses my screen. He's named Apis, after the Egyptian bull-god, Jolly nature, with Intimidate, and has what I think is the perfect IV spread.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20112_zpsk1wxspbb.jpg[/img139]

Next MM target is aerodactyl.

Last edited:

JohnNiles

So I was doing some wonder trading this morn after I put my baby back down to sleep and at around 6:20am I was traded this~

I was a bit shocked that the person to who traded it to me - OllieZam - wasn't even the OT~ Is anyone able to tell me if it's legit? I don't really mind if it is or not~

And where would the best place be to ask trades for 5/6 IV dittos in the forums? I have 5IV pokemons to trade in return...

I got traded a lvl 100 shiny Kyogre by OllieZam. It's a hack/clone. I really despise it when people put them in WonderTrade, it screws up my pokedex.

So it's been almost a month since I last posted... time for an update. Thank you everyone who've acknowledged my posts, but you don't need to list them all. It looks funny when I make a massive update.

I bred a lot of shinies for the Battle Maison. I'm tired of getting rolled by the AI, so I bred a bunch that I've never bothered with before.

[img200]http://i.imgur.com/u612g8x.jpg[/img200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/hgNDYI0.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/2MRpqoh.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/wr3xhJ6.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/pPtnIsy.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/9nq4mKW.jpg[/IMG200]

Also hatched a Chansey that I haven't bothered taking a picture of (did not get max Def IV, ugh), and a random Sawk in a Friend Safari.

So I've fallen into a bit of a rut with Mirage Spots. I saved on Pathless Plain on one of Terrakion's days and have been resetting for the last few weeks. It prevents me from doing anything else in ORAS, so it's kind of boring. I'm kind of bummed that they gave the extra day to Cobalion, the shiny that's hardest to spot.

So a couple of nights ago, I got bored of resetting on ORAS and decided to finish up the day with a Gen IV shiny hunt. I fired up HeartGold where I'd saved in front of Ho-Oh. A few dozen resets later and bam, there it was. You know how the pokemon slowly slides into view when it appears? Right away, I knew it was shiny. So I went to work, but I was careless in counting the turns before I whittled its health down, and then I messed up and double-counted some of the turns while I was trying to catch it. I made a critical mistake in making Politoed my sleeper... it resists fire, but it's very slow, so Ho-Oh would wake up and get an extra turn before being put to sleep again. On top of that, Hypnosis kept missing, and Ho-Oh's Pressure forced me to use an Ether.

I calculated Ho-oh had 5 + 5 + 5 + 20 = 35 moves, and I might have let it use 30 of those moves. It _might_ have more than 25 percent of its health, but I did not want to take the risk of letting it struggle to death just so I could feel good about catching it with a regular ball. So I tossed the Master Ball, and since I had 6 pokemon in my party, Ho-Oh got boxed and I couldn't count its used moves. Nevertheless, I'm very happy, even happier than I was in catching one in ORAS. It'll stay in Gen IV till the end of time.

I made one final mistake... Extrasensory has 20 PP now but had 30 PP in Gen IV. So I had 10 more moves to play with... I guess I should've researched a little more while I was catching it.

Jolly sync failed, but its Naive nature is pretty decent. I finished up the last 3 Kanto badges I needed (with some grinding, since I'd added Groudon and Ho-Oh in the postgame), and I'll be challenging Red soon. I'm a bit underleveled, but I can neutralize his weather advantage with Drought. After that, I'll save in front of Kyogre... I want a real one for my very own.

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/VZpJjy1.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/FEW5azb.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/DEnmvBJ.jpg[/IMG200]

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Its been like a week or so since I have been on here so congrats to all those who have seen the sparkles in this past week! As for me, I have competed the lake trio. I had to master ball the azelf because nasty plot + future sight + extrasensory ain't no joke! It kept wrecking my team!

I am now working on the unova weather trio and had just gotten tornadus this morning. I am now dual hunting for thundurus and landorus. Once I get these 2 I will have all the possible shiny legends that I can SR for except Raikou. I have the other 2 beasts from the events but I didn't get the Raikou in time so I'm going to sr for him. I hope these 2 unova weather legends shines soon! This eon flute thing is starting to get old!

If I manage to get the last 3 legends in this month, I might just go for spheal and Sandshrew for the CH.

Happy hunting everyone!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I continued hunting in the FS for the remainder of the 24 hour stream I was watching, but failed to get any other shinies. After about 2k encounters, I decided that I wanted to MM for a long time target, Ninetales. I have this Timid, 5 IV Vulpix I have been planning on MM for ages, and finally today (after finishing up on about 60 left over Trapinch eggs), got 60 of 'em. I will update if anything shines early on!

In other news, I finally got the egg hatching O Power, and what a difference it makes. I managed to get it to level 2 just now, which is ideal as it is literally right before I am going to hatch all the Vulpix eggs!

Echo Nacyl

Congrats to everyone on the new shinies. I'm jealous of these Cresselias (I have one from 4th gen, but I would like to try for a somewhat better one when I eventually find myself on Crescent Isle).

After a week long break, I've resumed my Zekrom hunt; thus far to no avail. 1150 SRs and still counting.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Cyberra on Zebstrika and Emolga, Twilit Dragoon on Abra and Sandshrew, MurderofKrow on Pawniard, Wooper x2, Hoppip, Pidgey, Wailmer, Wurmple, Honedge, and completing your BQ, Prince Umbreon on Suicune, maldoror on Zigzagoon, Porygon, and reclaiming Regirock, Claus351 on Minun and Plusle, Demonslayer492 on Cresselia, Lugia, Latios, Heatran, Kyurem, Mesprit, Uxie, and Mewtwo, ShiningKnightXY on Magnemite, Blastonite on Voltorb, Alfred Jones on Ho-Oh and Raikou, DJX on Noibat, Sg0 on Cresselia, Swatski9 on Charmander, Ampharos_Spark on Eevee and Cresselia, Meowth City on Chikorita, xKatie0391 on Skitty, EHAN on Minun, Shine on Kyurem, wobbanut on Voltorb and Hawlucha, CharlieDoryRose on Abra, serpent222 on Ho-Oh and Sandshrew, zapto369 on Nidoran F, Phillies on Frogadier, Mawile, Floette x2, Swirlix, Grumpig, Klang, Delibird, Zigzagoon, Vullaby, Jigglypuff, Skarmory, Quilladin, Pidgey, Dusclops, and Bergmite (holy heck, you need to go play the lottery now!), TheMaster327 on Cresselia, tomatohater on Snorunt and Larvesta, Sito on Thundurus, dark1raven3 on Sandshrew, Bowserboy129 on your long-awaited Tepig, AquaRegisteel on Bibarel, _Edu on Dialga, JohnMango95 on Clamperl, JohnNiles on Froakie, Cleffa, Pawniard, Larvitar, Gligar, Litwick, Chansey, Sawk, and Ho-Oh, KittyKitty3308 on Azelf and Tornadus, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Lorde for the good luck wishes!

Still plugging along with my hunts when I can. Reshiram is at 5000 SRs, National Park is at 1000 REs (sucks that I can only do this three days a week though), Route 8 is at 3000 REs, and Cresselia is at 400 SRs. I've had an insane amount of luck getting shinies off Wonder Trade this week, though. I got a Bulbasaur, Deoxys, Zoroark, Porygon-Z, and Excadrill all within the span of a few days. The Deoxys and Zoroark were obvious hacks so I released them, and I'm pretty suspicious of the Porygon-Z and Excadrill as well, but the Bulbasaur appears to be legit, which is a nice little surprise. I'm still planning to hunt for my own Bulbasaur in Y after my Route 8 hunt is completed though.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Cyberra, Lorde, Cpchris, LilyValley, XTSCarnage, and anyone else with long or tedious hunts!

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Hello community! didn't expect to be posting so soon. congrats on all recent shinies (i'll go through and congratulate you all personally later but my computer is ding dang darn slow with skype running)!
i just beat my French Y version and went to test out the friend safari. after only 50 (FIFTY!!!) encounters, i came across a shiny Gabite! Really excited! the other dragon in that safari is shelgon so that's cool if i get a dupe i'll just give it to my gf.
Really happy the safari worked out so quick! going to pacharisu or chain fish next.
it has a bad nature (down speed up sp attack) but it has good attack IVs so that's awesome! can't wait to find somebody with a frogadier safari.
Edit- a short 267 encounters later in a different safari and i now am the proud owner of a shiny pumpkaboo. Yowza. Heading to bed.

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
what are you Sring on? I’ve heard ORAS is shiny locked, just incase
I'm using SoulSilver, I know about the lock and I'm very careful about things. Although most of my shiny Pokémon were hatched, if I hunt a legendary I try to minimize the risk of failing in all of the ways I can. For example, when I hunted my shiny Kyurem, I gave my false swiper a normal gem because it's a low BP move against a legendary.

Of course, there's nothing new for me. I would love to take my mind off of Groudon and boot up the Mystery Dungeon games again, but I don't want to stall the possibility of having a shiny appear.

Phillies

Congrats to Phillies[/B] on Frogadier, Mawile, Floette x2, Swirlix, Grumpig, Klang, Delibird, Zigzagoon, Vullaby, Jigglypuff, Skarmory, Quilladin, Pidgey, Dusclops, and Bergmite (holy heck, you need to go play the lottery now!)

Thanks alot. Today I managed to catch a Azumarill, Pancham and a Magmar. Last night I had a Larvesta but accidentally killed it because I forgot it learned takedown at an early level. As for the lottery comment I am saving that for when I get the shiny Ho-Oh that I am SR for in HG. I've lost track of how long I've been at that. While writing this I got a Snubbull. Go luck to you.

Last edited:

taufik386

Shiny reports

Saturday :

I challanged my self to find shinies in the cave, desert and on water using dexnav. well, my target are azumarill, sandile and cubchoo.
i know it looks like imposible to dexnav chain in that area. but i have a little trick :D
every 4th chains, i just run from battle. then i start the new one until i find the shinies.
i didn't call it chainning to be honest, but luckily i got those shiny azumarill and sandile, but for cubchoo, i got shiny dewgong instead.

Sunday :
I always want to get shiny Ariados. But my luck in horde encounter is not good. Everytime i go to sky pillar, i never got shiny Ariados, but got shiny Golbat instead.
The same thing happened yesterday. I got two shiny golbat, instead of Ariados. Then i decided to dexnaving it. Guess what... it showed up in the 3rd encounters LOL

Next hunting i "fly" to Meteor Falls to hunt shiny Druddigon. Once again, something good happened. The shiny Druddigon appeared in the 2nd encounters :D

Monday :
It looks like everyone finally got shiny Cresselia. Well, i got it too this morning after one week, make total 1643 SRs.
Other shinies, got shiny Minccino, Forretress and Spheal

I post all my shinies in my tumblr. The link is in my signature if anyone want to see them :D

Good luck to everyone on their shiny hunting and congratz with your recent shinies :D

nb. sorry for my bad english ^^V

edit. OMG!!! I just got shiny Heatran after just 51 SRs.

edit again.
after heatran, i hunt for shiny raikou, and again, something good happened, its shiny form appeared after just 42 SRs.

Monday is really my lucky day >.<

Last edited:

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
LONG time since I've posted here, some shiny news to report, 2 horde encounter shiny Scraggy only a few encounters apart from each other.

I have no less than 11 shiny hunts going atm, as a result I haven't made any good progress on any of them, The longest so far is Dialga on AS at 1,650 SR's,

EDIT: Also, I'm getting conflicting answers. I always thought that Emerald or a R/S with a dry battery always had certain shiny frames. However, I was recently told it only affect's SR Pokemon...

Last edited:

Smobble

MH4U <3
I spent a total of about 16 hours on chaining wurmple. I was chaining in Alpha Sapphire on the dexnav. I got about 176 chains yesterday, and had a chain of 86 the day before that. So about 262 in total of chaining. This was my first time going into chaining shiny pokemon. I usually just do the MM for shinys. So today I'm going to try for chain fishing.
(Any tips would be thankful.)

Phillies

I spent a total of about 16 hours on chaining wurmple. I was chaining in Alpha Sapphire on the dexnav. I got about 176 chains yesterday, and had a chain of 86 the day before that. So about 262 in total of chaining. This was my first time going into chaining shiny pokemon. I usually just do the MM for shinys. So today I'm going to try for chain fishing.

Have you tried horde encounters? I've gotten 4 or 5 shiny Wurples that way.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
I did some more chain fishing for that shiny Shellder yesterday, but it broke at 56, and then broke a dexnav chain of Zigzagoon that was at least 100...

Seems we both had the same bad luck. If you want chain fishing tips, definitely bring a Pokémon with Sticky Hold or Suction Cups and holding a Smoke Ball in the front of the party. Chain fishing isn't like MM where you don't have to pay much attention, so be careful about that.

Good luck to all!

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Hi all it's been some time!!

I've just today picked my copy of Y back up and getting myself psyched up for when I buy ORAS This weekend!!
So....

I started to RE in a friends Ice safari, because shiny sneasel looks badass and Lapras' shiny form looks cool too, very subtle

between 200-300 re's later, I stumble upon a shiny lapras!!

I was so happy but then it used perish song :( the first turn I spent changing to a false swiper, the second and third he popped out the ultra balls I was throwing as I was unsure if a dive ball would work in the safari??

So I had to swallow defeat of it fainting :(

I'm staying in this safari now untill I reclaim it!! Wish me luck!! :/

EDIT: just another 4 hours later I come across another one :D

I caught her in an ultra ball ok perish count 2!

She's called Nessy obviously... ;)

Last edited: