• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Grats to all the recent shinies since I last posted! Yesterday I was able to get two shinies in my goal to all the electric shinies: Electrike and Magnemite! The Magnemite is currently a Magnezone named Area 51 and I have yet to evolve the Electrike named Rai (Japanese for Thunder). Good luck to everyone hunting! Next on the list is a Eevee to turn into a jolteon!

You have an ambitious goal! I envy your enthusiasm. Maybe i should do something to that effect, only water types.. no, too vast. Maybe dragons.. =)

Anyways, i've been enjoying Majora's Mask for the 3DS. I just took a break, cuddled with my dog (yes i know i'm a grown up i still cuddle with my dog) and currently eating a snack.
Anyways, back on topic-
I have a set up to start an MM soon. i've tried mming three times before, and i gave up before i succeeded. mming definitely isn't for me, but just once i'd like to try until i get something. I've got a jap Sableye with egg move recovery, hidden ability, and a destiny knot for it's perfect IVs, and a french Ditto with brave (i think it was- it's a good nature for sabeleye though) everstone so hopefully that'll work out- my first actual competitive shiny! wish me luck.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone on their shinies!

-----------

Oh, I almost forgot Community Hunt Complete with my Meditite, I believe. One of those rare times I actually find an eligible pokemon. As for today…300 REs. Now at 4,100 REs on Black 2, 1,100 REs on Platinum, and 18,900 HBs on HeartGold. Wouldn’t mind a Valentine’s Day shiny…Not that I care much about Valentine’s Day, but as long as it’s tomorrow, I’d like a shiny tomorrow ;)

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, Razorbadger, Supremacy, Cyberra, and Lunafloon)!

Froggy DC

I've heard you don't need event pokemon such as Darkrai and Mew to get the Shiny Charm, is that true?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I've heard you don't need event pokemon such as Darkrai and Mew to get the Shiny Charm, is that true?

You don't need Event Pokemon for the Shiny Charm. If you're playing ORAS you need to have captured Deoxys though. The rest you don't need.

Anyway, more on topic, I've finally started my first ORAS MM hunt, Moon Ball Ponyta. Only gathered 10 eggs so far but at least I'm getting somewhere. Hoping that my game is generous to me and lets me get one quickly, but I doubt it. I'll be trying to hatch a 5IV one missing Special Attack so I'll probably be doing this hunt for a while given my luck with my Shiny Pokemon's IVs.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies and good luck to everyone hunting :)

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I wasn't expecting to be posting in this thread again so soon! I noticed my Mum has a Fairy type Friend Safari, so I spent 7 hours running around hoping for some sparkles. And, on the train home from work last night, a lovely chocolate puff Swirlix appeared to me!

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hp...-15/10986012_800058363415518_1789016960_n.jpg

He's such a cutie!

EDIT: Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! I've been practicing my chaining because I've not done any since Pearl. I was starting again for the night and the first patch I went into had THIS in it! COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

http://photos-d.ak.instagram.com/hp...5-15/10932612_598852813593059_164504153_n.jpg

Aaaaaaand I got my goal for this month! COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLEEEETE X2!

I called her Zodiac as it's the year of the Ram. I'm not sure whether to evolve her or not, Skiddos are so adorable but Gogoat is an awesome Pokemon.

http://photos-e.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-15/929218_795665397188556_113068881_n.jpg

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
OMG guys! I am sooo frustrated! I have been hunting Thundurus for like a week and I turn my 3ds on today and the first thundurus I got was a shiny!.... and I SR over it not thinking it would be shiny... I saw the color and the sparkles as the screen went blank... So frustrating! That is now my 2nd lost shiny! Voltorb exploded and I SR over Thundurus. :(

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/IMG_6831_zps8d0b915d.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_6833_zps1ddd529b.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_6832_zps6311af77.jpg[/img139]

Oh.my.God. Ok so firstly, sorry I have been away, college and my bf keeps me busy :). Secondly, today I decided on a new hunt for a Tyrunt on my Y, but I lacked the box space. So I decided to hatch some Riolu eggs that have been sitting in my box for two months. I'm not expecting a shiny even though these eggs are MMed, than bam! Egg number 65 is golden! I'm still in shock haha I love this little guy :) congrats to all, and good luck!
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

Just caught a shiny lapras in FS! Was so glad I didn't have to masterball it. Took 3 ultra balls and it didn't use perish song at all.

#131 Lapras [Impish]
IVs: 27, 28, 29 / 30, 31 / 0 - 3 / 24, 25, 26 / 31 / 14, 15, 16
Stats at Lv.30: 126|0 / 65|0 / 58|0 / 56|0 / 71|0 / 45|0

Not the best stats but oh well. A shiny is still a shiny.

Artikia

You have an ambitious goal! I envy your enthusiasm. Maybe i should do something to that effect, only water types.. no, too vast. Maybe dragons.. =)

Anyways, i've been enjoying Majora's Mask for the 3DS. I just took a break, cuddled with my dog (yes i know i'm a grown up i still cuddle with my dog) and currently eating a snack.
Anyways, back on topic-
I have a set up to start an MM soon. i've tried mming three times before, and i gave up before i succeeded. mming definitely isn't for me, but just once i'd like to try until i get something. I've got a jap Sableye with egg move recovery, hidden ability, and a destiny knot for it's perfect IVs, and a french Ditto with brave (i think it was- it's a good nature for sabeleye though) everstone so hopefully that'll work out- my first actual competitive shiny! wish me luck.

No matter how old you are, you should always cuddle with your dog! Or cat. Or any other cuddly pet.

No shiny news from me, Ive been busy with school and a bit of Dragon Age on the Xbox One.. Think I'll try to do some hunting today, kind of want to finish my badgequest asap. Currently hunting shiny Sandshrew with the DexNav, Im about 100 encounters in.

Good luck everyone!

taufik386

@Kitty
i feel bad for you :(
i wish you can reclaim Thundurus soon

There's no big news. just dexnav stuff.
Got 8 shiny pokemons in 4 days : Lilipup, Petilil, Audino, Chatot, Skitty, Kecleon, Elgyem and Magby (glad the mirage spot finally showed up)

My quest for now:
Hunting Krabby for 3 days, but still no shiny, not give up btw.
After a long time, i start to MM breed again. My target is Burmy.
And the most important is SR-ing Kyurem. 450 SRs and still counting.

Congrats to everyones for your recent shinies, and good luck for the hunt, especially @KittyKitty308

Last edited:

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Oh my God, my luck is officially insane. So today I got my Shiny Riolu, who I called Anubis, to max affection and fully EVed in Attack and Speed. So after that I went to work hatching the rest of my Riolu eggs. Shiny was on egg #65 and one egg #100 I gasped as I saw(sadly failed to get hatching screen pic again, was too excited lol) [img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_6855_zps293fcdaf.jpg[/img139] Another Shiny Riolu! This was egg #100, so two shinies in such a short number! Wow I must be lucky atm! This one is Bold as you can see, and my other one was Careful. I will evolve this one :D So awesome I can now have a Shiny Riolu and a Shiny Lucario! Congrats all and best of luck! Oh and I named my first one Anubis :)
~RaichuArcanine~

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
YOHO! I am back with some news about Mankey. I go it on egg number 1002 picked up. But since I hatch my eggs backwards. (Fill up 4 boxes plus party then hatch) this guy was the 940th egg to actually hatch. http://instagram.com/p/zCoxror6pD/?modal=true but since it had the wrong Ability I went back to hatching eggs. This time I collected 17 boxes plus my party which is 515 eggs and got NOTHING! I swear my under odds luck in ORAS is stupid. All my MM go over double odds before I get proper ability and IVs and all but my first SR hunt went over double odds also! But it gives me something to do I guess haha. I currently have 8 of 17 boxes filled. I will once again collect 515 eggs then pray I get what I want. If not I will be at 2k plus eggs. My longest MM to date. But I really hope that doesn't happen. I have a birthday dinner tonight and Birthday move tomorrow(my actual birthDAY haha) So I prolly won't get around to collecting/hatching all the eggs for a while. Well time to get some sleep. 3 nights of 13 hr shifts aren't too terribly fun it turns out xD

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and to those still searching I hope you see the Shine soon :D

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats on everyone's new shinies, especially RaichuArcanine on both of your shiny Riolu :D.

As most of you know, I've been trying to get a shiny Skitty in my Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire games. Instead of getting a shiny Skitty, I ended up getting 3 shiny Zigzagoon from horde attempts, which was quite a downer. I've been trying for ages to get a shiny Skitty using the Dexnav, but after getting to 300+ on the Dexnav several times with no success, I was thinking my games were cursed.

Well last night, I was finally successful and after 91 Skitty on the Dexnav, 3491 Skitty total:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0224_zpsed8036c0.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0226_zpsab054da4.jpg[/img139]

Shiny fricking Skitty appeared! This has been my longest EVER Dexnav hunt in ORAS, I was thinking I'd never get one, but I finally did! She was very easy to catch, I just tossed a Pokeball at it and caught her in a critical capture. Shiny Skitty ended up getting its Hidden Ability, 3 flawless IVs, and Baton Pass as an egg move and is also one of the only shinies I've gotten on the Dexnav with 4 ! for every available category :p.

More pics:

Nickname screen
Shiny Skitty
Trainer ID
Docile nature

You guys don't know how much I'm relieved that I no longer have to be stuck on that route anymore! Skitty was the last pre-National Pokedex shiny I wanted from route 116, and now the hunt is finally over.

I'm not sure what my next target is going to be, I actually feel like hunting for another shiny Latios/Latias in this copy of Alpha Sapphire for some reason :p. The other ones I got have pretty bad natures due to synch failing, I'd like to get a shiny with a Timid nature but we'll see. For now though, I might just play through the game until I beat Norman, then decide where to go from there.

My other hunts have progressed fairly slowly, I'm currently at 1400 SRs for a shiny Entei and 100 SRs for Raikou. I'm also doing a few side hunts, but nothing worth mentioning right now. For now I'm just going to casually hunt these guys and maybe they'll shine soon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Congratulations on all the latest shinies!

Took a little while but I finally got some parts of my motivation back! Throughout the weekend, I managed to hatch an extra 150 eggs for my Buneary hunt, putting my total number to 1350 eggs hatched. Not bad, but still early for a Diamond MM hunt. I'll try to put my count to 1500 during the week, if that's possible.

Also, when I didn't feel like hatching Buneary eggs, I collected some eggs for my Contrary Snivy MM hunt in X. I managed to collect a little over a box so far. I'll be switching Buneary/Snivy every 150 eggs, so Snivy's my focus right now.
EDIT: Well, after collecting 150 eggs, I realized the Snivy with the Contrary ability was the male one, while the female (and foreign) one had Overgrow... Which means that none of these eggs contain a Contrary Snivy! ... aaaah, this is fine. The blue color is what I'm really looking for in this hunt. >:]

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I was collecting eggs yesterday but decided to dexnav hunt on omega ruby and I found a shiny aipom, no max ivs or ha but it does have an egg move(quick guard)
congrats to everyone on their shiny pokemon and goodluck to everyone hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I GOT HER! I GOT HER!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207465_zps4eod7fck.jpg[/img139]

Shiny cresselia! After 10,820 SRs! She broke out of 15 dive balls, 7 timer balls, and 4 ultra balls, then I accidentally clicked a Future Sight attack instead of Hypnosis and decided to use the Master Ball on her. (I have two more master balls in Black 2 that I can send over to White 2 for the rest of my shiny legend hunts; I'm certainly not gonna use them in B2). She's mild and loves to eat.

Nature screen!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207472_zpsm84lmcxh.jpg[/img139]

Stats!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207473_zpsiraj8xmu.jpg[/img139]

SPARKLES!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207478_zps2ypmblcw.jpg[/img139]

Now I can play through the game until kyurem returns to Giant Chasm and set up to SR for a shiny ice dragon.

My other hunts are going fairly well. I'm at 8,000 REs in the friend safari for helioptile; if my current MM finishes before it shines I'll switch to breeding that pesky lizard. Current MM is at 425 eggs.

Edit: And only 3 REs into today's leg of the fs hunt, 8,003 REs total, helioptile shines. He's male, hasty, likes to thrash about, and has his HA, Solar Power. Will have pictures tomorrow. I'm about to evolve him into heliolisk.

I'm already at 200 SRs for kyurem. My MM hunt is at 475 eggs.

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all the recent shiny Pokémon

After my succesful shiny Lugia hunt I decided to search for a shiny Cresselia, but in order to find one I needed to wait for Crescent Isle to pop up and yesterday it popped up so I could finally start my shiny Cresselia hunt.

So after SR-ing for barely 2 days, a shiny Cresselia popped up. I tried to synch it for a Bold nature but instead I got a hasty nature, but I might be able to train around that. All in all I named her Space Duck (Because of a certain gag from the Namek arc in Team Fourstar's Dragonball Z Abridged) and she has perfect IV's in Attack, Special Defense and Speed.

I want to wish everybody succes with their current and future shiny hunts =D

Spacial

procrastination
Congrats on everyone's recent shinies, and for those whose hunt is refusing to bring any prosper, hope it shines soon!

I'm currently starting a MM for Shinx (HA, RB, 4EM, IVs and all that jazz) and have only collected 100 eggs but I'm moving at quite a swift pace. Decided to MM for Shinx because I recently lost my Pearl game which was my first Pokemon game, so has the most sentimental value, and the only Pokemon game I've ever lost. I chose Shinx in particular because when I first started I had no idea what I was doing so after I got my Pokeballs I went and caught 13 Shinx. My other (MM) hunts haven't been very sentimental at all - apart from Swablu which while being part of a community hunt, I've always admired its shiny form. Hoping for a male so I can nickname him either Thoron (one of the most powerful Thunder spells in FE, probably means something else as well but thats the only meaning I know of) or simply Thor (I like naming Pokemon after Greek and Roman gods :3). A female sadly wouldn't fit either nickname.

Phillies

I found the following pokemon this weekend. Snubbull, Togepi, Phantump & Shuppert in the friend safari, a Shuppert & koffing while horde hunting, Skitty & Persian while using the Dexnav & an Onix while searching for fossils in Glittering Cave. Still no luck on my hunt for Ho-Oh in HG. Its been at least 25 hours I've spent looking.

I'm thinking about hunting for the fossil pokemon. Between breeding and reviving fossils which do you guys think works the best?