• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

GooberTheAlmightyMudkip

I herd u liek me?
At 352 eggs, I finally get my Shiny Gligar. AND IT HAS THE WRONG ABILITY!!!!!!!! AND THE WRONG IV'S!!!!! AAAAUUUUUUGGHHHHH!!!!!!! welp, time for a new hunt.

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Congrats on all the anazing shionies everyonee! i hve been lurking as of late, but I especially appreciate the general encouragement
I have absolutely no idea how many sr i've done. I don't even know what to estimate. how do u guys keep track of sr?
been about 2 week now but i did not get to sr for a few days so i'll say less tgan that? feels like a year already, ugh. how do you guys do the sr thing?!
my shiny charmless cresselia in oras hunt continues.
no sparkle. none.
need it to shine so i can restart oras and do the ash ketchum way of playing (only fully evolving 1 or 0 pokes out of 6)
think it would be fun.
might even try my hand at a bade qest, minus the starter because i am so bad at the sr.
please don't be upset for the blanket congrats
and good luck evceyone!
<3

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Eevee, Birds of Paradise on Golbat, Supremacy on Buneary, LilyValley on Squirtle, Crimson Penguin on Venonat, taufik386 on Mesprit and Cobalion, Razorbadger on Cacnea, I, Pink Elephant on Lugia, Ampharos_Spark on Jigglypuff, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Gligar, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the good luck, Crimson Penguin :)

-----------

Yesterday I worked and then hung out with a friend the rest of the night, so I couldn’t hunt at all. But 800 REs today yielded me nothing once more :( 4,300 REs on Platinum, 9,000 REs on Black 2, and 23,700 HBs on HeartGold. At least Platinum is still under odds, but it’s a little disheartening knowing that even if it does shine soon, there’s a good chance it’ll just be another Machoke or Meditite. Scyther has to shine eventually though, right?

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, CosmicSparkles, and Lunafloon)!

taufik386

a few days ago i accidentally hatched shiny woobat in my pokemon Y, when i want to pass down the egg move.
after i transfer the baby woobat with EM to OR, i breed again. and today, after just 167 eggs i got the shiny :D
it has timid nature with HA simple (thank God!)
IV spread x/31/31/31/31/31

PhotoGrid_1424930593081.jpg

i hope my luck always keep like this :D

next MM targets are cranidos and qwilfish (i use both day care) and SR target is entei.

congrats to everyone with your recent shinies and good luck with your current hunting.

Last edited:

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Meowth City on Chikorita, xKatie0391 on Skitty, EHAN on Minun, Shine on Kyurem, wobbanut on Voltorb & Hawlucha, CharlieDoryRose on Abra, serpan222 n Ho-oh & Sandshrew, zapto369 on Nidoranf, Phillies on all those shinies, TheMaster327 on Cress, tomato hater on Snorunt & Larvesta, Claus351 on PLusle, Sito on Thundurus, Ampharos_Spark on Cress, dark1raven3 on Sandshrew, Bowserboy129 on Tepig, AquaRegisteel on Bibarel, _Edu on Dialga, JohnMango95 on Clampearl, Cyberra on Tauros, JohnNiles on Froakie, Cleffa, Pawniard, Larvitar, Gligar, Litwick, Chansey, Sawk, and Ho-Oh, KittyKitty3308 on Azelf and Tornadus, Blastonite on Smeargle, taufik386 on Cresselia and Heatran and Raikou, Twilit Dragoon on Wurmple, Demonslayer492 on Cyndaquil, TheShinyLunatone on Shuppet, Phillies on Kyurem, DJX on Cranidos, Paraqua on Lugia, Demonslayer492 on Ho-Oh, Keovix on Raikou and Entei, tomato hater on Vulpix, DJX on Pawniard, Zekromaster826 on Virizion, PKMN Trainer Grey on Eevee, Cyberra on Aerodactyl, Hasty Jynx on Sentret, wobbanut on Purrloin and Mareep, Echo Nacyl on Zekrom, Ampharos_Spark on Bagon, RaichuArcanine on both Riolu, Blastonite on Mankey, Cyberra on Cresselia, Paraqua on Cresselia, Phillies on Onix, RaichuArcanine on Treecko, Supremacy on Zubat, Ponymon on Shinx, Sg0 on Lugia, Echo Nacyl on Scatterbug, Phillies on Tyrunt, Cyberra on Chimchar, Ampharos_Spark on Darkrai, Blastonite on Mankey, RazorBadger on Rattata, Phillies on Tyrunt, EdibleZebra on Mawile, wobbanut on Gurdurr and Deerling, PKMN Trainer Gray on Riolu, Shine on Ho-Oh, darkpaladini2015 on Cresseliaand Latios, LilyValley on Togepi, Demonslayer492 on Cobalion, Crimson Penguin on Cresselia, Cyberra on Tentacool, taufik386 on Buneary and Kyurem, darkpaladin2015 on Snivy, TheMaster327 on Landorus, Keovix on Suicune, RedJirachi on Regirock, maskofsanity1998 on Lileep, taufik386 on Buizel and Woobat, maldoror on Regice, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Eevee, Birds of Paradise on Golbat, Supremacy on Buneary, Cpchris on Medicham & Machoke, LilyValley on Squirtle, Crimson Penguin on Venonat, taufik386 on Mesprit and Cobalion, Razorbadger on Cacnea, I, Pink Elephant on Lugia, Ampharos_Spark on Jigglypuff, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Gligar, taufik386 on the Woobats and anyone else I might have missed which is very possible since I had to skim through more than 10 pages! XD

You're not the only one Claus351. I think their pretty creepy too. I think I named one creeper. XD

Anyways, I've been away for a while. I found my shiny Poochyena a few days ago. He is so adorable! ^w^
Here's a pic: https://instagram.com/p/zdXU9WQM-b/?modal=true

My plan was to hunt the in game Latios next, But since I'll maybe get the eon ticket I'll think of something else to hunt. ^^

I've also been catching Pokemon for my dex and while doing so I hatched a random shiny Shelder and ran into a Random shiny Druddigon. I'm so happy about the Druddigon. I wanted one for such a long time. I had hunted for it a few times but given up quickly. :D
I don't have a pic of the Shelder but here is Druddigon: https://instagram.com/p/zh-Xu2wM6B/?modal=true

Good luck everyone! ^^

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I believe Supremacy answered it not long after you originally asked it.

Check the timestamps. Supremacy's answer came 12 hours after I asked the question, at which point I was offline and had already hatched over 100 sentrets.

And speaking of sentret, the shiny at last hatches after 991 eggs. She's mild and takes plenty of siestas, with the ability Keen Eye. I was not hatching for nature or IVs this time due to the very limited usefulness of furret, purely for color, so I am quite pleased with the shiny. She will be evolved into furret as soon as the other four eggs hatch. I can now move over to breeding trapinch.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207507_zpsadk0vbbm.jpg[/img139]

Kyurem is at 3,300 SRs in White 2. My FS hunt is still in a dragon safari after dragonair; after catching a pink one I'll be moving to a fairy safari.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
OH MY ____!

I was just doing some light breeding.
Breeding my Contrary Serperior with a Japanese ditto just to get a HAF Snivy.
And out pops....

A shiny Contrary (male, but hey, shiny) Snivy....On the SECOND egg.

Like....what? I have been hunting a shiny ralts for months, and out comes a shiny snivy from egg number two?

Wow....

And to think I was considering going for a shiny (semi) flawless shiny Serperior....A bit early I suppose. (It has no 31 IVs.)
Who knew my first shiny of 2015 would be accidental?

Last edited:

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Many thanks for everyone's congratulations on my last few shinies :) Congrats to everyone who has a shiny since my last post (way too many to list!)

On day 6 of my Thundurus hunt, and nothing yet. Even with my shiny charm, my last few SR hunts on this game haven't been kind. Hopefully it will shine by the end of the weekend.

I was looking through shiny sprites and thought I'd ask a question: what is your favourite shiny Pokémon? Legendary wise, it would have to be either Reshiram, Ho-oh or Yveltal. They look so awesome! I really want to get a copy of OR just so I can get Reshiram and Ho-oh. Normal Pokémon wise, definitely has to be Umbreon.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Started on my first shiny legendary. Thought I would start off easy with the Southern Island Latias, since you can run away from it instead of having to soft reset. So this first day I have had 500 RA's (Run Away encounters). I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue tomorrow, but I'll definitely do some more shiny hunting this weekend!

Congrats to all one the new shinies and good luck to all with the next shinies!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
So I have no idea what happened, but both my or and as games have been deleted! I don't know how and I don't know why but i had over 100 shinies on them games thati have hunted for the last 5 years! I'm so upset right now! I cannot think of how they just magically got deleted other than my husband wanted to be an a-hole and deleted them. :'(

Well.... I have a lot of work to do now to make up for it. I guess I'm just going to BQ oras... AGAIN. :/ I'm just going to hate SRing for all those legends again. I had every legendary shiny but thundurus and Raikou.... :(

Last edited:

Speshal

Rediculous
Recently bred a shiny Slowpoke for my second/third playthrough of Pokemon Black. It's not an amazing Pokemon, but it's cute and fun!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
So I have no idea what happened, but both my or and as games have been deleted! I don't know how and I don't know why but i had over 100 shinies on them games thati have hunted for the last 5 years! I'm so upset right now! I cannot think of how they just magically got deleted other than my husband wanted to be an a-hole and deleted them. :'(

Well.... I have a lot of work to do now to make up for it. I guess I'm just going to BQ oras... AGAIN. :/ I'm just going to hate SRing for all those legends again. I had every legendary shiny but thundurus and Raikou.... :(

I....I am so sorry for your loss.
here. take my luck....good luck on all the reclaims D:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hey I was wondering for next month's CH, since it's the third month of the year, how about a third wheel hunt, pokemon belonging to the third twerps of the show- Brock, Tracey, Cilan, and Clemont? Just a thought.

Well, it was a slow week up until five minutes ago.

I caught a second shiny deerling on White 2 (male this time), and got a shiny palpitoad the other day on Black 2. I was definitely glad to get palpitoad. :) Even though I got a shiny tympole awhile back, palpitoad has been one of my favorites in fifth gen, and one I've always wanted for a shiny, so whenever I get around to evolving tympole in OR at least I'll have two shinies in the line from two different generations. :D

Finally, just a few minutes ago, after a week of frustration, including having to quit for the night after a 400+ chain last night (I would have continued if it wasn't 2 AM and I wasn't running out of repels and leppa berries), I finally got one of my targets, shiny rattata, on OmegaRuby. :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Earlier today I finished another 45 soft resets for my Shiny Rayquaza attempt, then this afternoon I did like 60 soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram hunt on Omega Ruby version. I also did some random encounters in Y version at the Friend Safari, but didn't find a Shiny. Anyway, good luck to Cpchris and Crimson Penguin.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone and thanks to all who congratulated me,
Anywho, today I decided to do some hunting in my Pokemon X friend safari, I started out in a dark safari and found a shiny Vullaby, then after that I moved to an electric safari that I had just added and got a Shiny Electabuzz. After that I decided to go back to the dark safari I was previously in and ended up catching a shiny Liepard. I've also been hunting for Latios and am now at 1000 RA encounters hopefully he shines soon so I can complete my Lati Duo :). Good luck to all that are hunting! May the shine be with you all :) !

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
The other day my friend got a shiny bellosom, it looked so cute that I decided I wanted one too. I started horde hunting in OR and after 120 HE I found a shiny...zigzagoon. Well at least he's still pretty cute. He's quiet natured which I don't think is very good for a zigzagoon but I don't think linoones are very competitive pokemon in general. Aside from the oddish I've been kind of overwhelmed with school so I haven't been hunting much, I've got break coming up soon so hopefully i can get some progress done.

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Hey I was wondering for next month's CH, since it's the third month of the year, how about a third wheel hunt, pokemon belonging to the third twerps of the show- Brock, Tracey, Cilan, and Clemont? Just a thought.

Well, it was a slow week up until five minutes ago.

I caught a second shiny deerling on White 2 (male this time), and got a shiny palpitoad the other day on Black 2. I was definitely glad to get palpitoad. :) Even though I got a shiny tympole awhile back, palpitoad has been one of my favorites in fifth gen, and one I've always wanted for a shiny, so whenever I get around to evolving tympole in OR at least I'll have two shinies in the line from two different generations. :D

Finally, just a few minutes ago, after a week of frustration, including having to quit for the night after a 400+ chain last night (I would have continued if it wasn't 2 AM and I wasn't running out of repels and leppa berries), I finally got one of my targets, shiny rattata, on OmegaRuby. :D

Congrats on the Shiny Rattata, i feel your pain on the 400+ chain front, having just completed a 440 chain of Lotad, and running out of moves to use on my Pokemon.(don't have any TM's teachable to learn and re-learn for unlimited PP sadly).

So i'll be going for round 2 of my Shiny Lotad hunt today. I'm hoping it will show up today, just so i can move onto my next BQ target of Shiny Wurmple. I already have 1 Shiny Wurmple(on OR), but i would like a 2nd to use as a party member on my AS game.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter

This is just...urgh, I don't even know...many condolences. I hope you are able to reclaim some of those shinies soon.

Shiny news! Late last night, literally 10 minutes before going to bed, Thundurus shone!! :D Synch worked (modest) and 31 IVS are in attack (urgh!), HP and Sp. Defense. I got even luckier with the hunt. I didn't even attack it. I literally lobbed a Dusk Ball at it, and it caught! :O
Really happy bout this, as my shiny electric legendary gym/secret base is done!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I've made the last update to the February CH. Most of you got a shiny in the last few days, but none of them are in the CH, the last one was in the 23rd :p

anyway, Pokemon Shuffle kinda took my attention away from SR-ing, I still don't have that Shiny Registeel yet because I've done so few SRs in the past few days. Shuffle is so overly addictive >_<

Once Registeel shines, I'll go for Regirock, to complete the trio. Then I'll return to my MM that has been halted since last November: Spoink :D

The other day my friend got a shiny bellosom, it looked so cute that I decided I wanted one too. I started horde hunting in OR and after 120 HE I found a shiny...zigzagoon.

if you want Oddish, go to Route 119. That route has 100% chance for Oddish horde - it's the only horde in that route.

I was looking through shiny sprites and thought I'd ask a question: what is your favourite shiny Pokémon? Legendary wise, it would have to be either Reshiram, Ho-oh or Yveltal. They look so awesome! I really want to get a copy of OR just so I can get Reshiram and Ho-oh. Normal Pokémon wise, definitely has to be Umbreon.

I like anything whose shiny color is clearly different than the normal one, since that's the entire point of being shiny.
I don't like shiny colors that are close to the normal one. What's the point of being shiny if it looks almost exactly the same? Still, that doesn't mean I'll throw away a Shiny Garchomp ;)

And yes, by "anything", I really mean it, I don't mind getting a Shiny Dragonite and a Shiny Espeon.

----------------------

Now, for March CH, we currently have two suggestion. Anyone want to add another suggestion? Or maybe you think we should just pick between these two?

I have an idea for next months CH (apologies if it's been done before)
Quite a few countries recognize March as the start of the farming season. It's name, in a few languages, mean; earth visible under snow, birch tree and (paraphrasing) earth dry enough to cultivate.
Also, it includes the equinox, signifying the start of Spring/Autumn - depending on which hemisphere you live in.
So my idea was that we could hunt the pokes that have the grass typing. This would include:

Bulbasaur family
Oddish family
Paras family
Bellsprout family
Exeggcute family
Tangela family
Chikorita family
Hoppip family
Sunkern family
Celebi
Treecko family
Lotad family
Seedot family
Shroomish family
Cacnea family
Lileep family
Tropius
Turtwig family
Budew family
Cherubi family
Carnivine
Snover family
Shaymin
Snivy family
Pansage family
Sewaddle family
Cottonee family
Petilil family
Maractus
Deerling family
Foongus family
Ferroseed family
Virizion
Chespin family
Skiddo family
Phantump family
Pumpkaboo family

There's quite a few there so a lot of variety, 81 individuals in total. Some I thought were debatable - Paras fam, Flabebe fam and Bonsly fam - but I thought grass would be more definite and easier than 'plant looking'.