• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheMaster327

Hey guys :) You may be wondering why I've gone a bit quiet recently. Well, I'm going for the 3 Mythicals of Sinnoh, and I was wondering how you'd feel about me posting them on this thread (particularly Arceus). The events have long since finished, so the only way to get the items in-game would be via an external source. I am hunting for the three in the normal way, though. At 2,700 Darkrai as I type this.

I did ask Shine about this, and he says Darkrai and Shaymin should be fine to post. I'm just wondering about Arceus.

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Hey guys :) You may be wondering why I've gone a bit quiet recently. Well, I'm going for the 3 Mythicals of Sinnoh, and I was wondering how you'd feel about me posting them on this thread (particularly Arceus). The events have long since finished, so the only way to get the items in-game would be via an external source. I am hunting for the three in the normal way, though. At 2,700 Darkrai as I type this.

I did ask Shine about this, and he says Darkrai and Shaymin should be fine to post. I'm just wondering about Arceus.

cool with me.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys I'm back with more to my deleted shinies story. So tonight when i got home I asked my husband about it again and then he admitted to deleting my files. I got super mad and then like 15 minutes later he threw 2 games on the couch beside me and told me to stop whining. Sure enough there were MY games with all my Shinies in there!!! I about had a heart attack! It turns out he deleted my step-son's copies and put them in my ds's to look like he deleted my games. I was soooo pissed but so relieved that all my hard work is still with me! I don't know whether to be extremely mad or be relieved!

Anyways, now that I know my Shinies are safe, back to hunting thundurus!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Hey guys I'm back with more to my deleted shinies story. So tonight when i got home I asked my husband about it again and then he admitted to deleting my files. I got super mad and then like 15 minutes later he threw 2 games on the couch beside me and told me to stop whining. Sure enough there were MY games with all my Shinies in there!!! I about had a heart attack! It turns out he deleted my step-son's copies and put them in my ds's to look like he deleted my games. I was soooo pissed but so relieved that all my hard work is still with me! I don't know whether to be extremely mad or be relieved!

Anyways, now that I know my Shinies are safe, back to hunting thundurus!
Thats a huge relief!!!

I am here with NO LUCK FOR THAT DARN CRESSELIA!

please send some luck my way. going on my 3rd week i think?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to taufik386 on Mesprit, Cobalion, and Woobat, Razorbadger on Cacnea, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Taillow, I, Pink Elephant on Lugia, Ampharos_Spark on Jigglypuff, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Gligar, 2rsa on Poochyena, Shellder, and Druddigon, Cyberra on Sentret, The Divine Dragon on Zigzagoon, oarfish on Snivy, Speshal on Slowpoke, wobbanut on Deerling, Palpitoad, and Rattata, Iwanuq on Vullaby, Electabuzz, and Liepard, ChaoticInverse on Zigzagoon, darkpaladin2015 on Thundurus, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Also, glad to hear your shinies are safe, KittyKitty3308, but I hope your husband doesn't try to mess around with your stuff after this! If anyone ever did that to me... I wouldn't be on speaking terms with them for a while lol.

Thanks to Razorbadger, I, Pink Elephant, Ampharos_Spark, pokemaster13, Cpchris, and 2rsa for the congrats! Much appreciated ^_^ Also, thanks to Lorde for the good luck!

No news this time, just a quick update on my hunts. Since today is Friday, I've begun my Lapras hunt in SoulSilver with 50 SRs. I've also finally cleared out all my leftover Sigilyph and Zorua from Pokebank, and my Noibat MM is underway at last, using a 4IV Japanese Noibat with one of my 6IV Sigilyph from my previous MM. I've hatched 60 eggs so far, hoping for a shorter hunt than Sigilyph. I haven't worked on Reshiram or Route 8 in a little bit. I'll probably focus on those once I get a little more time to hunt.

Also, regarding the favorite shiny question, I don't know that I have an absolute favorite, but Scolipede, Sylveon, Altaria, Sigilyph, Skarmory, Gardevoir (Mega Evolution especially), Fennekin, Snivy's line, and Treecko's line are definitely up there. Any other shinies with bright red on them (Duskull, etc.) are always nice too... I mean, I picked my username for a reason. XD

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially pokemaster13, TheShinyLunatone, Cpchris, and Lorde!

Last edited:

Kafei

About a week ago i was trying to make a Gastrodon with 5 IVs, i was just hatching Shellos and checking the stats directly with the NPC, after i while i got a Shellos with 6 IVs!

After the mission was finally accomplished i was super tired and just boxed it for later without even checking the ability.

Today i took it out to start some training and while finally checking the ability i found a star!

It was shiny and i didn't even notice because it looks almost the same as the regular one!
I don't know if i should be happy or sad :eek:

shell.png

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Congrats for all the Shinies!
I admire the tenacity and patience of those with long hunts! Good luck!

I'm doing a Badge Quest in X. I decided that I wanted a shiny team to go through the E4.
I've got over 300 hours on my game and still no shiny Skiddo.
I did how ever SR for a shiny Froakie.
While hunting Skiddo a Shiny Gulpin, 2 Shiny Scraggy, 2 Shiny Pancham and a Shiny Abbra showed up. I was able to catch them all. I was holding my breath on Abbra.

In another game I was EV training with Hordes.
A shiny Zubat, Shiny Whismur, 2 Shiny Floatzels, and 2 Shiny Geodudes showed up. I lost one of the Geodudes. :(

Oh I remember awhile back some people were wondering how to get the Eon ticket.
Pokemon released codes that are only good this weekend.

Those with NA DS use code: 2015LATIOSLATIAS
Those with European DS use code: POKEMON380381.

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

shiny_hunter5

Congrats for all the Shinies!
I admire the tenacity and patience of those with long hunts! Good luck!

I'm doing a Badge Quest in X. I decided that I wanted a shiny team to go through the E4.
I've got over 300 hours on my game and still no shiny Skiddo.
I did how ever SR for a shiny Froakie.
While hunting Skiddo a Shiny Gulpin, 2 Shiny Scraggy, 2 Shiny Pancham and a Shiny Abbra showed up. I was able to catch them all. I was holding my breath on Abbra.

In another game I was EV training with Hordes.
A shiny Zubat, Shiny Whismur, 2 Shiny Floatzels, and 2 Shiny Geodudes showed up. I lost one of the Geodudes. :(

Oh I remember awhile back some people were wondering how to get the Eon ticket.
Pokemon released codes that are only good this weekend.

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

I am just about to start a shiny quest myself be nice to have someone to do it with! reckon I should do it on omega sapphire or X

i actually already have a shiny tubat on my X with one badge aha :)

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
More shiny news! :D

#1: Found a Mirage Spot full of Unown. A few hours of encountering out pops a Shiny Unown G! Caught in a Dive Ball. Just frustrating as I cant find a shiny Unown G sprite anyway for 6 gen to add to my shiny card in my signature :/

#2: My fiancé said have I got a shiny Magnemite yet in these games yet. As I didn't, I decided to hunt for one. Literally less than 20 HE, a shiny Magnemite appears! Very happy with this one, caught in a Timer Ball.

#3: Finally decided to get round to chain fishing a Feebas, and a purple bass has just been caught by me in a Premier Ball. I just checked with IV man and its relatively superior, which is awesome, and even has an ok nature (rash). Not brilliant, but not awful.

3 shinies, 1 day. Good luck everyone!

Ps: Glad to hear KittyKitty3308 didn't lose those shinies :)

Pps: Good luck ShinyLunatone. I've seen you've been after that Cresselia for a few weeks now so I hope it comes soon!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
This Lotad hunt is kicking my *** big time at the moment.

Almost up to 1000 Lotad seen, which equates to around 2 total DexNav chains of 450-460 each time, and am just starting my 3rd DexNav chain now.

I've never had a DexNav Shny hunt take so long to appear, even my dreaded Shiny Shroomish hunt only took around 400-450 total Shroomish seen.

I'm hoping it will appear during round 3, as otherwise i may just skip it and go HH for Shiny Wurmple in Petalburg Woods.

Good luck with your hunts everyone, and congrats on the recent shinies too, Shiny Unown are so cool to look at, might even be a possibility of creating a collection of Shiny Unown this gen.... food for thought :)

TheMaster327

This Lotad hunt is kicking my *** big time at the moment.

Almost up to 1000 Lotad seen, which equates to around 2 total DexNav chains of 450-460 each time, and am just starting my 3rd DexNav chain now.

I've never had a DexNav Shny hunt take so long to appear, even my dreaded Shiny Shroomish hunt only took around 400-450 total Shroomish seen.

I'm hoping it will appear during round 3, as otherwise i may just skip it and go HH for Shiny Wurmple in Petalburg Woods.

Good luck with your hunts everyone, and congrats on the recent shinies too, Shiny Unown are so cool to look at, might even be a possibility of creating a collection of Shiny Unown this gen.... food for thought :)

Interesting idea for a CH... Unown hunt. But in order to complete it, you need to make a 3-letter word with blue letters in order for it to count.

Also, re-quoting this as I only got one reply about it.

Last edited:

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to Ampharos_Spark, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip, 2rsa, Cyberra, The Divine Dragon, oarfish, Speshal, Iwanuq, ChaoticInverse and darkpaladin2015! Thank Arceus that you got your shiny Pokemon back KittyKitty3308, and I am sending all the luck I can to you TheShinyLunatone!

So, after catching my Lugia, I decided to restart my MM hunt for Buneary, however could not get really into it. I really felt like doing some SR'ing, as I enjoyed my Lugia hunt. I was about to start a hunt for Regice, when I read of the code the Pokemon website was giving out to give people thee Eon Ticket. So I decided to hunt for a Latios instead! I expected a longer hunt then my Lugia, but around 500+ run aways later, this happened!

[IMG139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/77b16e29-9b9d-4126-9fcc-336cd7292ee1_zps5xbolmkj.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/65596b56-a5eb-443d-a6ed-1f20e6edf1be_zpsaolaxjvp.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/72ce2026-0f21-47c2-adeb-5dc685a22a82_zpsnonzr7wv.jpg[/IMG139]

I cannot believe my luck! The Synchronize didn't work, but it has a docile nature, which is not too bad. It also has full IVs in HP, Attack and Special Attack! I named him Fortitude, as that was the series I was watching while hunting! Not sure what to do now, either hunt for Regice or Buneary... we shall see.

As for my favorite shines, I would say Rayquaza is by far my favorite legendary. It is a thing of beauty, and I really wish ORAS would have allowed me to hunt for one... eh well, I plan to buy SoulSilver some time so I can hunt for it then (I think I need a Kyogre and a Groudon from both games to unlock it...). As for non-legendary shines, my favorite has to be Aegislash. It is just divine, and probably my favorite over all. Its pre-evolutions are beautiful too.

Good luck to everyone! :)

razor fire

I cannot believe my luck! The Synchronize didn't work, but it has a docile nature, which is not too bad. It also has full IVs in HP, Attack and Special Attack! I named him Fortitude, as that was the series I was watching while hunting! Not sure what to do now, either hunt for Regice or Buneary... we shall see.

Congratulations! That's a very nice Latios! :D
What nature did your synchronizer have? I'm considering getting a shiny Latios and Latias myself, and I am wondering what nature is best for each of them.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations! That's a very nice Latios! :D
What nature did your synchronizer have? I'm considering getting a shiny Latios and Latias myself, and I am wondering what nature is best for each of them.

Thanks! :D

My synchronizer had a Timid nature, as I had read Latios is better a Special Attack. Not sure about Latias, but I think Timid is a good nature for her too. Good luck for when you start the hunt! :)

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Gligar, taufik386 on Woobat, 2rsa on Poochyena, Shellder, and Druddigon, Cyberra on Sentret, The Divine Dragon on Zigzagoon, oarfish on Snivy, Speshal on Slowpoke, wobbanut on Deerling, Palpitoad, and Rattata, Iwanuq on Vullaby, Electabuzz, and Liepard, ChaoticInverse on Zigzagoon, darkpaladin2015 on Thundurus, Unown, Magnemite, and Feebas, Kafei on Shellos, llr on Froakie, Gulpin, Scraggy, Pancham, Abra, Zubat, Whismur, Floatzel, and Geodude, and I, Pink Elephant on Latios!

And thanks to Cpchris and Crimson Penguin for wishing me luck!

Going along with the discussion, my all-time favorite shiny is Rayquaza as well. Rayquaza is already my favorite Pokemon anyway, but it's shiny form is something else. Although I'd have to say that shiny Giratina, Charizard, and Nidoking are right up there, too. Generally speaking, I prefer shinies that are really bright and stand out from their original forms. I actually have a list of all my dream shinies, but it's way too long to post here :p

As far as hunting goes, I've been able to put a good amount of time into my hunts. Currently, Chimchar is at 17,800 SRs, Snivy is at 4,200 SRs, Weedle is at ~16,100 REs, and Raikou/Entei are at 1,570 total encounters. Now that I think about it, with all of my hunts combined, I'm at... almost 40k encounters. Wow.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts, especially Cpchris on Scyther and Lorde on Rayquaza!

Last edited:

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~

For those in Australia and New Zealand, the European code works for us :D

Well, still no shinies since I pulled that monstrous haul last week.
In OR, Latios has hit 485 SR's and in AS, Torchic is at 4,366 SR's. Hopefully my games might be nice and give me a birthday shiny today :D (the 1st of March)

Good luck everyone~!

Last edited:

Zero1999

Hi, its been a while, anyway last night i got a shiny latios, but i resetted because it was lax, and i was hoping it would be timid with good ivs

Good luck to everybody!

taufik386

congrats everyone with your recent shinies

just hatched shiny cranidos :D
it's after 298 eggs, Adamant nature and have Sheer Force ^^
i'll check the IV spread later.
edit. IV spread 31/31/31/31/31/xx :redface:

Other shinies via dexnaving yesterday were doduo and psyduck.

Current hunting :
Entei is at 600 SRs and still counting.
MM Qwillfish is still counting too. 60 eggs right now.

good luck everyones with your current hunting

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Currently MMing for a Shiny Zorua. After every batch (30 pokes), I WT the breeding rejects to hopefully get the pokemon I'm missing for my Living Pokedex. The first batch yielded a few Pokes that helped my living dex, but the diamonds were the shiny Galvantula and Ditto. Unfortunately, after quick inspection the shiny Galvantula was clearly a fake so it was released. The second batch brought even more good fortune as a shiny Yanmega popped out. And the third batch included a shiny Zangoose and I've still got 24 Zorua to trade. Right now, I'm sitting at 90 Zorua and I'm hopeful to get one before 500. Good luck to everyone, and congrats on their shiny success.

After popping out 108 eggs, the 109th one decided to be shiny. I'm super stoked.

TheEliteEmpoleon

So I resumed my Regice hunt after a short break today. Probably around 500 SRs. Really just want to get this hunt over with, because Regice is one of those pokémon that is hard to differentiate between normal and shiny, so it requires more than normal comcentration for a hunt.