• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all the new shiny's

After several days of chain sneaking, I finally got my hands on a shiny Poochyena.

It has it's hidden abillity (Rattled), has the egg move Poison fang, Is Gentle natured, has perfect IV's in HP but none or barely in Defense
I named him Super Saiyan xD

Good luck on all future shiny hunts

julabard

Last week I finally got that shiny Nincada that I've been after for like a year!
And then yesterday I decided to go and hunt a Meditite... and got a shiny after only about 10 encounters! I'm feeling so high on this right now!

I named the Meditite (now a Medicham) 'Perry Saturn', and named the Nincada 'Rotten Creep'.

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
Congrats to taufik386, Paraqua and julabard on the shinies!

I'd been going through quite a shiny drought on my game, but today I finally broke through it when I found this little cutie:

I really love her, she's just so adorable. Good luck to everyone in your hunts, hope you all see those sparkles soon!

Keovix

Congrats to Sparky Mc-S on Dunsparce, Sito on Regice and Azelf, RaichuArcanine on Deino, RedJirachi on Regigigas, Shiny Lord on Reshiram and Kyurem, TheShinyLunatone on Cresselia, taufik386 on Entei, AlexBrockBravo on Bagon, Alexander18 on Carvanha, Pluski on Latios, Phillies on Liepard, shiny_hunter5 on Nidoran, i2i on Sneasel, taufik386 on Seedot and Taillow, Paraqua on Poochyena, julabard on Nincada and Meditite, Y-Pestis on Zigzagoon and everyone else on your shinies :)

Latios shone! I did kept track till 1480 RA's but then kept going without tracking, I'm sure I did over 2k RA's. Latios has Timid nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Defense and Sp. Attack. It was also a rather quick battle, Haxorus used False Swipe once without Sword Dance since it was a level 100 against a 30 one, then used Bellossom with Sleep Powder 4 or 5 times before it was caught with a premier ball.

I've just started the Dialga hunt in AS, traded the Lake Trio from Pokemon X to make the tear appear in the sky.

Also finished playing OR but instead of hunting Reshiram I'm hunting Latias, so far I've done over 500 RA's.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

PhazonRain429

Pokémon collector
I have been pretty lucky lately! Two days ago I found a shiny Reshiram on my OR after 100-150 soft resets, I've been wanting one for YEARS and it's so awesome to finally have one. He's timid with almost perfect IV:s, except for speed which is 6-7. xD
Yesterday I found a shiny Zekrom in my AS under 100 soft resests.
And today I found a shiny Foongus while training my Zekrom. He totally messed up my training so I had to start alll over again. But I'd still call it lucky. :D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny floette in the friend safari at 1,619 encounters. I'm looking for a male kirlia so I'm going to continue (I already have a shiny florges, caught as an unexpected surprise random flabebe on Route 4). Anyone want a gentle-natured shiny red flower floette? If not, into WT she goes.

Terrakion is now up to 1,300 SRs and counting. The SRs go quickly because it's easy to tell if he's shiny or not.

Tepig is being a bugger at 1,090 eggs.

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
Hey guys! Thanks to I, Pink Elephant and Ampharos_Spark for the congrats!

I got my shiny Chespin through MM yesterday! :D It only took 544 eggs to shine, I'm glad it didn't take me very long to get!

Congrats to Shine on Ho-Oh, darkpaladin2015 on Cresselia, Latios, Zebstrika, Snivy, Thundurus, Unown, Magnemite, Feebas, Entei, Forretress and Numel, maldoror on Forretress and Regice, LilyValley on Togepi and Squirtle, Demonslayer492 on Cobalion, Crimson Penguin on Cresselia, Cyberra on Tentacool, Shelgon, Gabite, Venonat, Sentret, Trapinch, Gulpin, Kyurem, Dragonair, Spritzee, Kirlia and Floette, taufik386 on Burmy, Kyurem, Corsola, Wurmple, Surskit, Buizel, Mesprit, Cobalion, 2 Woobat, Cranidos, Doduo, Psyduck, Qwilfish, Heracross, Aron, Entei, Seedot, Taillow and Pansage, TheMaster327 on Landorus, Xatu and Darkrai, Keovix on Suicune, Heatran, Thundurus and Latios, Raptor737 on Shellos, CreeperNinjaGamer on Corphish, RedJirachi on Regirock, Growlie19 on Whismur, Yuphie on Poliwhirl, maskofsanity1998 on Lileep, kirkeastment on Poochyena, Lotad and Zubat, Phillies on 2 Tyrunts, Growlithe, Spearow, Stunfisk, Zorua, Spheal, Espurr, Teddiursa, Vullaby, Toxicroak, Lapras and Treeko, Bolt the Cat on Marowak, chimcharizardx on Basculin, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Espeon, Gligar and Drifblim, Birds of Paradise on Golbat, Iwanuq on 2 Shelgon, Machop, Nincada, Magnemite, Wartortle, Bibarel, Vullaby, Electabuzz and Liepard, Supremacy on Buneary, Golden_Arcanine on Ditto, Yanmega, Zangoose and Zorua, Martinzqx on 2 Duskull, Razorbadger on Cacnea, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Taillow and Latias, I, Pink Elephant on Lugia, Latios Cacturne and Buneary, Ampharos_Spark on Jigglypuff, 2rsa on Poochyena, Shellder and Druddigon, The Divine Dragon on Zigzagoon, oarfish on Snivy, Speshal on Slowpoke, wobbanut on Deerling, Palpitoad and Rattata, ChaoticInverse on Zigzagoon, Kafei on Shellos, llr on Gulpin, 2 Scraggy, 2 Pancham, Abra, Zubat, Whismur, 2 Floatzels, and 2 Geodude, Cpchris on Meditite, Tsukuyomi56 on Basculin, SoulOfSilver on Oddish, Paraqua on Snivy and Poochyena, dark1raven3 on Tyrunt, KittyKitty3308 on Thundurus, Pluski on Thundurus and Latios, AlexBrockBravo on Ralts, Lairon and Bagon, CosmicSparkles on Chimchar, Shieldon, Hoothoot, Starly and Shinx, I Like Pie! on Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus, shiny_hunter5 on Whismur, Hoppip, Gulpin, Buneary, Flabebe and Nidoran, Twilit Dragoon on Raikou, Sito on Cobalion, Regice and Azelf, Sparky Mc-S on Inkay, Gastrodon, Poochyena, Heatran, Tepig, Terrakion, 2 Infernape, and 2 Dunsparce, RaichuArcanine on Deino, Takeshii on Magcargo, Rayquaza, 2 Kyurem and Kyogre, RedJirachi on Regigigas, Shiny Lord on Reshiram and Kyreum, TheShinyLunatone on Cresselia, Alexander18 on Carvanha, i2i on Sneasel, julabard on Nincada and Meditite, Y-Pestis on Zigzagoon, PhazonRain429 on Reshiram, Zekrom and Foongus!

Keep on hunting everyone and good luck! ^_^

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I have hatched 400 Skarmory now. I went to a local used game shop to get a Pokémon Sapphire cartridge which means I can hunt Kyogre and Rayquaza, but it's a counterfeit... Where am I going to find another Sapphire?

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Sito on Regice and Azelf, RaichuArcanine on Deino, RedJirachi on Regigigas, Shiny Lord on Reshiram and Kyurem, TheShinyLunatone on Cresselia, taufik386 on Entei and Pansage, AlexBrockBravo on Bagon, Pluski on Latios, i2i on Sneasel, Keovix on Latios, Y-Pestis on Zigzagoon, PhazonRain429 on Zekrom and Reshiram, Akko on Chespin, and everyone else on their shinies!

-------

After ~4180 REs a shiny appears!

Not my most wanted shiny from this route, but atleast its something new! Her nature is Mild which is meh but has Pickup which can be pretty useful. I'm so glad this hunt wasn't like, 3x over odds like past two hunts for this BQ, so that's cool lol this hunt felt normal. I think my next hunt will be one of the fossils.. up until this point I was pretty adamant on SRing for Anorith, but now I'm leaning way towards Lileep.. hm, I got some thinking to do I guess :eek: Welp, time to challenge Watson!

In other news, I started SRing for Articuno today! So ready to start adding 1/8192 shinies back into my collection, once my Omega Ruby BQ is over I'll be focusing solely on that. :]

Good luck everyone!

taufik386

MM for chikorita finally done. Its shiny hatched after 293 eggs.
Have leaf guard ability (Yes!! :D ) , 5IV missing speed.

i'll go for sigilyph or spearow next.

btw thx to everyones who congratz me and good luck to you too

Happy hunting everyones!! :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I woke up early today and did almost 85 horde encounters for Shinies in Y version again, which was a good effort on my part. Yesterday I also did like 50 or so soft resets for my Shiny Reshiram attempt on OmegaRuby as well and I'll do more tonight. Anyway, congrats to those who caught new Shinies. :)

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I was just minding my own business, hatching a 5 IV feebas for doubles competitive milotic. Was going on with the hatching o-power and guess what i found? An OBLIVIOUS 3 IV (WHY!) shiny feebas!

My second shiny from random breeding (first was a venipede)

Takeshii

425 soft resets and I found a shiny Registeel...only to automatically reset again. Just wanted to share my pain.
Ouch, it's hard enough to get a shiny. Hopefully, you get another at a faster pace. :)

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Congratulations to all the recent shinies! Especially those Latios, they look beautiful. <3

I've postponed my SS BQ and my Poochyena hunt to hatch a shiny Flabebe for my mum. Mothers Day in England is this Sunday, and so far I've spent two weeks hatching Modest red Flabebes in Heal Balls looking for a shiny one. I really hope one shines soon, I'd love to give it to her on Mothers Day! I usually get her flowers and as she likes Pokemon so much, I thought a flower Pokemon would be a nice change.

Pluski

Pluski, I'm guessing you have a Shiny Charm too? I really want to try and get a Shiny Latias too. I have Omega Ruby. ;) But I'll have to wait until I can get that item since I don't want to use way too much time on it.

Yes, I have the Shiny Charm. I absolutely understand that you want Latias, it looks amazing in it's shiny form! I'm going to try for one as well when I'm starting to hunt in Omega Ruby.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/TUihLlc.jpg[/img139]

This wonderful, shiny Regirock appeared at only 429 SR's! Which makes it my second shortest legendary SR so far. Kind of funny that it appeared at the 429th SR, as Latios appeared at 1729 encounters. It has a Careful nature and perfect IV's in Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense.

The battle was really quick, and I caught it in the second ball I threw. Lowering it's health went faster than I thought, when Mega Evolving Metagross before using Hold Back.

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/vx90YOg.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/iQ88Joq.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/sYdIa7r.jpg[/img300]
(The last two pictures had to be taken with my iPod as my phone camera crashed, so the quality is quite bad, unfortunately.)

My next target is going to be Regice, so off to the Island Cave I go. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Oh. My. God!! Shiny Regice appeared after 34(!!!) SR's!

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/uZCD3eZ.jpg[/img300]

I was just planning to do 100 SR's for it today to get an OK start with the hunt, so this was completely unexpected. I must say that shiny Regice was even less noticeable than I thought, so if you're going to reset it - be sure to look at the screen when the battle begins!

Just like Regirock, this one also took only a couple of tries to catch. It has a Calm nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Special Attack and Special Defense. This is the first of my shiny legendaries that has "outstanding potential". Also, this is (not surprisingly) the first time I've found and caught two shiny legendaries in one day. Probably the last time as well :p

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/vAAazYM.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/edekbgc.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/b29iIr5.jpg[/img300]
(These pictures also had to be taken with my iPod, so I hope you don't mind the bad quality too much)

My next target is obviously going to be Registeel, so I'm heading for the Ancient Tomb next. Again, I wish everyone good luck on your hunts!

Last edited:

shiny_hunter5

What are the odds of finding a shiny on the omega games?

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
I decided to search in the FS for a snorunt a few months ago, and after every other ice shiny ever, I finally found one! She ended up being a female, which is awesome, because I eventually evolved her into a froslass.

Also, during my time training her in hordes, I found a shiny cubchoo. The purple is goregous on them. o3o

taufik386

Just got shiny Terrakion after 573 SRs :D
unfortunately, sync jolly didn't work, i got carful nature instead LOL
at least i'm happy because the trio swordsman finally completed.

i'll go for Landorus next.

Other news, doing another BQ, and got shiny Marill.

MM for Cyndaquil still continued, as well as Sigilyph.

Congrat everyone on your recent shinies and good luck for your current hunting :D