• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
As some of you may know, my plan for my next hunt on my BQ was to SR for Anorith or Lileep. I soon found out that I couldn't get access to the fossils until after I beat Flannery. So then I looked for somewhere new to hunt, but all the new routes I got access to were pretty meh, nothing but Numel (which is something I plan on MMing) and Machop (already got that). Only thing interesting was Slugma but that's pretty rare and I really didn't feel like phasing. Sooo, with all that said I decided to go back to route 117 and do my very first Dex Nav hunt! I was going for Oddish but after a week of chaining something else appeared...

Marill! This is just as good, if not better than Oddish since I'm battling Flannery next. Also, she ended up with huge power and the best nature for it, adamant! Got pretty lucky there. I was not expecting a dex nav hunt to take a week long though, maybe it isn't as stupidly easy as I once thought.. or I just got really unlucky lol.

Okay next hunt is definitely one of the fossils.. Anorith or Lileep?? which one should I go for >.<!?

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Cyberra on that female Tepig, Cpchris on Scyther and Kingzard on Treecko! Good luck everyone. :]

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Congrats to everyone, especially LillyValley on the Shiny Cressalia!

I haven't been around lately, due to having to take an incredible amount of time on SRing a shiny Thundurus. I quit counting after around 2,000 SRs, but last night, I finally got the purple genie! It took me about a month of SRing for a couple of hours each night. I'm not sure if I'm up for another shiny legend hunt. At any rate, I'm going to start MMing phanpy again--which seems like a much less daunting task.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After catching male kirlia I moved over to a fighting safari with mankey, pancham, and tyrogue, and after 481 REs tyrogue shines! He's calm and somewhat vain, with the ability Steadfast. I'm going to work on him and evolve him into a hitmonchan. I still need to catch two more in order to get all three evolutions, so I'll be remaining in this safari. If mankey shines next, I'll move over to one that has meditite, pancham, and tyrogue.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207554_zpsexvmvggc.jpg[/img139]

Terrakion is at 2,500 SRs and counting. Abra is at 260 eggs.

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Wow lovely shinies guys :) congrats on them. I have a question. I'm repel tricking to hunt Rufflet on White so only Rufflet and Throh appear. If I save before using my repels and SR when they run out can I still get a shiny this way? I'm on almost 1k RE's already. Best of luck to all :)
~RaichuArcanine~

Meant to reply to this wayy ealier, but yes this works. I did the same thing in my White 2 badge quest awhile back so I wouldn't run out of repels/money. Good luck!

Does anyone have any ideas for really interesting hunts to do on HeartGold and SoulSilver? Most things would be fair game, aside from Hoothoot and Noctowl. I have enough of them both, ahaha. Or actually...no. If they could be avoided that'd be good.

How about SRing for Sudowoodo or Snorlax? or.. hunt in the safari zone if you're feeling risky >:]

---------

I decided to SR for Lileep, hopefully this doesn't take too long.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Glad to know Arceus can be shiny legitimately now. Its X/Y shiny sprite looks a Torn World of a lot better than the original, which looked like Arceus was soaked in urine. Now it actually looks like a golden god

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!
I've been busy lately and haven't been hunting but I decided to do some hunting and I got a Shiny Makuhita, Roselia and Wurmple from horde hunting. I am currently hunting for something from Fiery Path as I haven't gotten a shiny from there. Good luck to everyone hunting!

Shiny Lord

So another shiny legendary graced my Nintendo DS screen tonight! Shiny Raikou. I don't know how many soft reset total but I only soft reset for about 2 hrs total before it graced my screen.(I do have shiny charm) IVs are below.

#243 Raikou [Adamant]
IVs: 18, 19 / 20, 21 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 4, 5 / 31
Stats at Lv.50: 159|0 / 110|0 / 95|0 / 121|0 / 107|0 / 135|0

Now to decide what legendary to hunt for next

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
I decided to abandon my Shiny Regi hunt after weeks of not getting anywhere, and started Dexnav Chaining for a Shiny Eevee. At around search level 17/18, I encountered a two-star silver Eevee that sparkled magnificently! I named him Remus Lupin, after the character from Harry Potter. He's got really nice stats, the best ones being his defense and special defense. He's only level 8 right now, but I think he'll make a really good Umbreon! Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but he has the Adaptability ability and a Bold nature. I haven't looked at his personality trait, yet, but I think it's okay. I'll check it out once my 3DS has recharged.

Also, congrats to everyone else on their own recent Shinies!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to maldoror on Azelf and Tepig and Archen and Treecko, Aesnath on Thundurus, Shiny Lord on Raikou, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, maldoror and Supremacy!

-----------

I’m still so thrilled with finding Scyther, who is now a Lv. 100 Shiny Scizor! And now I cross another dream shiny off my list!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/GRwrALt.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/LnKXXWM.png[/IMG200]

I’m quite excited to start on my 3rd legendary…Even though Dialga is one of those shinies whose regular form I sort of like better :p It’s still a neat shiny! Giratina took me 28k+ SRs, and Ho-Oh took me 14k+ SRs…So I’m hoping Dialga will be my first under odds legendary. It also has a better catch rate than most legendaries, so catching it in a regular Pokeball shouldn’t be nearly as difficult (nor as stressful!) as other legendaries.

As for my other hunts: Black 2 is at 14,400 REs and HeartGold is at 29,100 HBs. I work most of the day tomorrow, so as much as I’m looking forward to starting Dialga, I probably won’t get much done =\

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, RedJirachi, skilax1234, and Lunafloon)!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Still nothing on my tyrunt hunt, I may just reconsider and move on to other targets I have missed, like my caterpie from white 2, I am doing a nuzlocke on Y currently, but I plan to possibly badgequest it afterwards.

For April's CH I already got an idea in my head to definitely base it off Easter, my first thought was rabbits and eggs but we already did rabbits last month and eggs are too obscure whether it involves being egg based or egg-move based. Pink and yellow shinies came up but I think that was last year's CH. Does anyone have a better idea for next month, because I know there are better ideas out there than mine.

Shiny Lord

So I just caught a shiny Registeel in Omega ruby. I believe it took less than 20 soft resets. I have shiny charm. IVS are below.

#379 Registeel [Mild]
IVs: 30, 31 / 5, 6, 7 / 20, 21, 22 / 18, 19 / 31 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.40: 126|0 / 67|0 / 119|0 / 79|0 / 137|0 / 57|0

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies! especially cpchris on Scyther/Scizor, they both have great sprites.

As for me I just hit 10,000 RA's for Latios. I think I am going to take a break and try and complete the dex in my Y version. Then work on some MM projects.

Good luck to everyone!

LLR

Vivillon Trader
A HUGE Congratulations on all the shinies since I last posted (like 10 pages ago.)

I wish everyone good luck on their current hunts and offer encouragement to all of those who are loosing interest.
May your target shine soon.

First in my Skiddo hunt...363 hours no shiny Skiddo.

I had a request from a friend for some starters...
I started with Feralgatr.
The fourth egg I hatched was a beautiful mint green.
Male, Impish, Sheer Force, Takes plenty of siestas.
Egg moves: Scratch, Leer, Ice Punch and Crunch.

YES!

Needless to say I was very surprised and had to do a double take.

Edit:
IVs 31/0/31/x/31/31

Last edited:
Glad to know Arceus can be shiny legitimately now. Its X/Y shiny sprite looks a Torn World of a lot better than the original, which looked like Arceus was soaked in urine. Now it actually looks like a golden god

*runs to serebii pokedex to see if it actually looked urine drenched*
anyways still training in the friend safari, almost done, but yesterday managed to find a shiny floette.
Good luck and congrats to everyone, i would do individual congrats but i feel sick so... yeah sorry

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny mankey at 317 REs! She's quiet-natured and capable of taking hits, with the ability Vital Spirit. I actually like this shade of green... It's not as obnoxious as some other green shinies *cough*espeon*cough*

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207557_zpshlzuolvc.jpg[/img139]

I'll be moving over to another fighting safari now, switching out mankey for meditite while continuing to hunt pancham and two more tyrogue.

Terrakion is at 2,600 SRs. Abra is at 395 eggs.

Edit: Shiny abra hatched from egg 401! A female, timid nature, and mischievous, with the ability Inner Focus. I'm going to train her in SpATK and SPD, then evolve her. Wow, she's so white! I didn't think I'd notice a shiny abra, but I noticed that pale color right away!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207563_zpsgheyfoid.jpg[/img139]

Question: what's a good nature for archeops?

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Shiny mankey at 317 REs! She's quiet-natured and capable of taking hits, with the ability Vital Spirit. I actually like this shade of green... It's not as obnoxious as some other green shinies *cough*espeon*cough*

I'll be moving over to another fighting safari now, switching out mankey for meditite while continuing to hunt pancham and two more tyrogue.

Terrakion is at 2,600 SRs. Abra is at 395 eggs.

Edit: Shiny abra hatched from egg 401! A female, timid nature, and mischievous, with the ability Inner Focus. I'm going to train her in SpATK and SPD, then evolve her. Wow, she's so white! I didn't think I'd notice a shiny abra, but I noticed that pale color right away!

Question: what's a good nature for archeops?

First, congratulation on your Mankey and Abra, also good luck on getting two more shiny Tyrogue. Second, on a good nature for Archeops, how about Jolly, it appears to be the most common nature on competitive Archeops' movesets.

Keovix

Congrats to everyone on your shinies :)

Yesterday night Tornadus shone, probably around 600 SR's, a rather quick hunt, same strategy, Swords Dance/False Swipe/Sleep Powder, didn't take too many turns, caught it with a Dusk Ball, I like the match with this shiny, Jolly sync worked and Tornadus has perfect IV's in HP, Sp.Attack and Speed, it's other IV's are ok.

Hunting Ho-Oh right now, hoping the Adamant sync works and also still hunting Dialga in AS.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday evening I completed about 50 more Sweet Scent horde encounters on my main Y version. I also did around 70 soft resets in total for my Shiny Reshiram hunt in OmegaRuby last night and part of this afternoon too. Congratulations to everyone who caught new Shinies by the way.

Shiny Lord

Just hatched shiny Chespin. Took 117 eggs with shiny charm. It's also a Birthday shiny which is cool! Rash Nature.