• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
I'm starting a new Dexnav chain for a hopefully Shiny Vulpix. I pray that my most recent lucky streak comes through for me... It should, considering I won another Master Ball from the loto-ID thing thanks to the Shiny Mew in my PC box. Also, stay strong, LilyValley, I know long hunts can be frustrating, but with perseverance, you'll get your Shiny Latias!

GooberTheAlmightyMudkip

I herd u liek me?
So it's been a while since i've last posted to this thread, and I've caught several shinies since then. I caught a Nidoran(m) in a horde, Quilladin, Tangela, and Boldore from Friend Safari, and about 5min. ago I hatched a shiny Shroomish. The shroomish has a Jolly nature, 5IV's of 31(it's missing Sp. Atk), and it's hidden ability.

taufik386

shiny Mienfoo finally hatched after 645 eggs. has jolly nature and regenarator ability.
unfortunately (again), iv spread missing in speed. i'll breed spearow next.

still refuse to shine, Cyndaquil reached 1260 eggs now.
Latias too, reached 1120 RAs.

and after got Landorus in AS last Friday, now i started to go for Uxie.

congrats everyone on your recent shinies, and good luck on your current hunting :D

Last edited:

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone on their shinies!
I'm around 300 eggs into my Torchic hunt. Currently biking around the Battle Resort gathering up more eggs for another hatching session. If he/she doesn't shine after this round of hatching I'll take a quick break to go chain fishing- try to finally get myself that shiny Tentacool instead of just more Magikarp haha. Let's see how it goes!

Edit: 360 eggs hatched. No shiny yet. I finally fished up a shiny Barboach after multiple days for 300+ chains...and then I accidentally clicked an attacking move instead of False Swipe and fainted it. My first ever shiny fail- I had to put away my game for a couple hours and calm down my rage.

Last edited:

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I'm posting this slightly late, as here in the UK it was Mothers Day on the 15th March. I'd been hunting for this little lady for my Mum, who loves Pokemon. After 1,382 eggs she hatched for me!

[img139]https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t51.2885-15/928758_1575730419380815_2021193278_n.jpg[/img139]

razor fire

Congratulations to everybody on their shinies! :D

Yesterday I decided to begin RAing for a shiny latios. Today, after 6 hours of intense RAing, I finally got my shiny latios! :D
Synchronizer failed once again though :( Yesterday's zekrom ended up being timid natured instead of naughty natured, and latios ended up being bashful instead of timid. Oh well, at least they're shinies!

TheMaster327

Good day with the PokeRadar today for me :)

First showed up on a 12 chain, non-shiny patch :)

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0040_zpsiixoojef.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0041_zpszqrpqjoq.jpg[/img139]

Bashful nature, with IVs... 0 / 0 / 13 / 12 / 0 / 3 - Yeeeaaaahhh... Needless to say, I went on the hunt for a better one.

After a while, I made it to a chain of 40 (different chain), and after about half hour looking for a shiny patch, one showed up :)

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0042_zpslmhiezga.jpg[/img139]

This one is Lax, with IVs: 26, 27 / 10, 11 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 18 - So a great deal better than the first!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Was doing a Crystal nuzlocke on the side and I actually found a shiny Tentacool off of Cianwood. First full odds shiny to catch me off guard. Good luck to everybody.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Went looking for a male luvdisc so I can use it to breed an egg move onto my next MM project (once I hatch my shiny snivy) and found a shiny one in the process. I have a golden luvdisc already so into wonder trade it went.

Terrakion is at 4,400 SRs. Snivy is at 470 eggs

TheMaster327

Well, seeing as I had to sort out issues regarding my email account being blocked (not my main one, my Xbox one), I wasn't going to get many RAs done tonight. However, 9 RAs before I was due to end my 300 RAs for the night, this appeared after 10,391 RAs (Well, technically 10,390, and 10,391 encounters)!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0047_zpsbmuxc8hh.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0048_zpsbmrcypys.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0049_zpshebzudab.jpg[/img139]

Impish nature, with... workable IVs: 22 / 4, 5, 6 / 4, 6 / 17, 19, 21 / 1, 3 / 4, 6 - Well, it has usable Sp. Atk... At least it's not a Flabebe #1! (see previous post)

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
4,100 encounters for Latias now. I know it hasn't been a long time since I began, but it bothers me because it was very possible that I would have found my shiny already, and I put a lot of encounters in for it during a short period. I'm past the odds now, I sure do hope to see that gold dragon.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Took a break from my snivy MM this evening to go to Azure Bay and do some super rod chain fishing, as somehow I don't have alomomola or octillery registered in my dex. Got up to a chain of 153 before I hit the button too soon and broke it >.< Not happy with myself for that. But I was not going to leave without sparkles, so I started again and this time after only 4 casts I found a shiny lanturn. The rarest super rod fishing shiny there. It has Illuminate, so it'll be my new lead for FS hunting. I will be going back there after I finish my nightly running around in the fighting safari, since I still want alomomola (I plan on good rod chain fishing clamperl on Route 12 later; if I get another remoraid there, I'll evolve it and then trade it. I find shiny octillery HIDEOUS).

Terrakion is at 4,800 SRs. Snivy is at 570 eggs.

Edit: After five tries, on a chain of 15 casts, a purple alomomola with green eyeshadow surfaces on the end of my line. He's male, relaxed nature and nods off a lot, with the ability Hydration.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%20182_zpsyk6p1ay3.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

taufik386

Shiny Spearow just hatched after 120 eggs.
but unfortunately (once again), its ability is keen eye, and IV spread missing in Attack.
well, at least it shone quickly than mienfoo or cyndaquil.
next, maybe i'll go for roggenrolla or patrat.

talk about cyndaquil, it's really stubborn. reached 1380 eggs now.
Uxie at 250 SRs
and Latias at 1250 RAs

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Keovix

Congrats to SoulSilver Eric on Aron, Kricketune, Carvanha and Pachirisu, Vale_Star on Magikarp and Dusclops, Sutittaja on Misdreavus, Luxio, Absol, Doduo and Wailmer, maskofsanity1998 on Giglar, razor fire on Zekrom, Latios and Ralts, Shiny Lord on Cresselia, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Nidoran, Quilladin, Tangela, Boldore and Shroomish, taufik386 on Mienfoo and Spearrow, CharlieDoryRose on Flabebe, TheMaster327 on Flabebe and Shaymin, ShinningKnightXY on Tentacool, Cyberra on Luvdisc and Lanturn :)

Giratina appeared in AS, Girafarig went first using both Odor Sleuth and Baton Pass to Haxorus with Swords Dance and False Swipe and finally Bellossom using Sleep Powder, was trying to catch it with a Luxury Ball but Giratina refused to be caught, ended up using a Dusk Ball, Giratina has Jolly nature and perfect IV's in HP, Def and Speed.

Gonna start hunting the Regi Trio now, already triggered their hidding spots, first one will be Regirock, still hunting Landorus in OR.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to everyone who's gotten a shiny since my last post, especially Cpchris on Scyther!

The drought continues for me, unfortunately. Chimchar is at 18,700 SRs, Snivy is at 5,550 SRs, Weedle is at ~22,400 REs, and Raikou/Entei are at 1,600 total encounters. I really wish something would shine :/

Good luck on all of your hunts!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Keovix on Ho-Oh, Cyberra on Archen, RedJirachi on Cresselia, Paraqua on Chatot, taufik386 on Landorus, CreeperNinjaGamer on Zigzagoon, Pokepro1992 on Ho-Oh, Shiny Lord on Abra, Keovix on Dialga, razor fire on Zekrom and Ralts, Shiny Lord on Cresselia, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Shroomish, taufik386 on Mienfoo, CharlieDoryRose on Flabebe, razor fire on Latios, TheMaster327 on Flabebe, ShiningKnightXY on Tentacool, TheMaster327 on Shaymin, taufik386 on Spearow, Keovix on Giratina, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Keovix, Crimson Penguin, Paraqua, ShiningKnightXY, Lorde, and pokemaster13 :)

-----------

hey guys can I have some advice? I have been soft resetting for my shiny latios in omega ruby since January and it still has not shined. It takes like four minutes per soft reset but it has been happening for way too long. Should I quit or do you guys think sooner or later the shiny latios from Omega ruby will come shiny? Also any advice on how to get through this difficult process to keep me sane? Thanks!

If you really want it, then just keep going :) That’s what I’ve done with my tougher targets and what others do (it’s all you can do, really!). It’ll shine eventually! If you stop hunting it, it’s not going to shine.

-----------

Well, I’m both happy and slightly disappointed. Happy because after 15,923 REs, I found a shiny Marill! But as bad of an excuse as this is, it’s a little disappointing that with Vulpix and Marill both being rarer 10% pokemon in the area (along with Golduck), I found Marill instead of Vulpix. It’s simply the fact that Vulpix is a target I really want but is also difficult to get, yet I find a different pokemon that’s equally as difficult instead. It’d be different if they were both like 25% or something…Otherwise I’m very happy with this shiny :)

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/ISW27mC.jpg[/IMG200]

I didn’t even see it appear. I was watching Futurama, and when I looked at my games, there was a little green Marill which certainly took me by surprise! It’s male, Bashful, Strong willed, Huge Power. IVs are pretty bad: 8 – 3 – 6 – 13 – 30 – 1. I’m going to leave it unevolved for now – perhaps I’ll find a better one in the future.

As much as I wish it could have been Vulpix, I’m still happy with it (plus, on the same token, it could have been Golduck). This is now the rarest shiny I’ve found (Scyther was 5%, but the repel trick brought it up to ~15%), which is also odd because my last Abundant Shrine shiny was a 15% Bronzor…My main hopeful targets are the most common things – 30% Cottonee and 20% Swablu. My games sure do tease ;)

This is also the last of my recent long hunts - I had the 21k Platinum hunt going on while my HG was following close behind, then Platinum ended with HG still going and Black 2 getting close to 2x odds. I told myself a few days ago that given how long this hunt was, I’d just go back to Mistralton Cave regardless of whether or not I got a target from the shrine. And I think that’s what I’m gonna do. I’d like 1 more Boldore, 1 more Axew, and 2 more Aron from there.

Here’s the video of finding my recent Aipom :) I’ve had this typed into my post for days now, but never posted…Kinda late now, especially after finding another shiny :p

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Keane, Shy, Ruru_star, Roseheart95, skilax1234, and Lunafloon)!

Last edited:
FINALLY, after almost a year of on and off hunting, 3000+ eggs w/o the shiny charm, and 307 eggs after getting the shiny charm, I got my Gale Wings Fletchling. I wish I could post pictures, but I dont have 10 posts yet, but oh well. This was also my first ever MM target.

It is a male, adamant, has its HA and 4ivs. Unfortunately its missing 31 in attack and speed (ugh) but I honestly dont care, Im just so happy to have finished this hunt. I am nicknaming it Falco.

My next MM will either be Deino or Snivy

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Hi all, first off congratulations with all recent shinies!

Its been a while since I posted anything here. Thats simply because I didn't have alot of luck with my shinies.
I'm trying to MM a perfect 5IV Adamant Pawniard. I hatched 4000 eggs or something, hatched 7 shiny Pawniards, but none of them has the perfect spread.
In the last hour I hatched 2 more shinies, again no luck...
I know I should be content with an imperfect 5IV one, but once I get my mind set on something its so hard to let it go :).

My SR for a shiny Mewtwo in SS is also still ongoing. Gave up counting long ago.

Anyway, back to breeding, hopefully the next one will shine just right.

In the meanwhile, anyone who wants a shiny Pawniard PM me :p

Good luck everyone with their current hunts!

Shiny Lord

Shiny Drowzee hatched in Omega Ruby after 404 eggs.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
FINALLY, a new page :p

I don't want to post this near the bottom of a page and have it go largely unnoticed when a new page kicks in, so I waited until there's a new page, but it took so long xD

Here's all the CH IDEAS I've received. Just tell me via VM (NOT PM) which one you prefer. The one with the most vote will become next month's CH.

Also, tell me if you noticed that any of the ideas has been used last year (it's okay to repeat it if it's like, two years ago)

------------------------------------

Meowth City said:
Hi Shine,

I was thinking for April, we could do an April Fool's themed hunt. I know Spring and Easter hunts have been done before and I'm pretty certain this idea hasn't.

OPTION 1: Shiny hunt for Pokemon with the Prankster ability. This can also include those from the same evolutionary line as those with the ability and even those which have it as a hidden ability. The only problem is there are not many Pokemon to choose from, making it a very limited option.

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/prankster.shtml

OPTION 2: Shiny hunt for Pokemon that can learn the move, Trick. Same as above, but this option has a much wider range of Pokemon to choose from.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/trick.shtml

TheMaster327 said:
Hey Shine!

How about an Easter themed CH for April? Obtain a Pokémon based on a chicken, egg, or bunny.

Chickens: Torchic line
Eggs: Exeggcute line, Happiny line, Togepi line
Bunnies: Bidoof line(?), Buneary line, Bunnelby line

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. Feel free to add more to those lists to flesh it out a bit. If you can't, any MM'd shiny will also count, with double completion if it's one from the list as well.

ShiningKnightXY said:
I know it is cliche and may have done already, but I was thinking of incorporating Easter colors for shinies, with the colors being teal, yellow, pink, and purple. If we want a more strict hunt incorporating several themes could work with flower based pokemon for spring or pokemon based off eggs or with egg based moves

maskofsanity1998 said:
for the april ch we hunt for shiny pokemon with color paletes that look almost exactly the same as the normal(because april fools right?)

so like pikachu, clefairy, jigglypuff, paras, meowth, abra, farfetch'd, seel, gengar, goldeen, scyther, snorlax, arcticuno, zapdos, chinchou, togepi, natu, sunkern, mantine, phanphy, smoochum, blissey, seedot, slakoth, loudred, skitty,plusle, minun, solrock, whishcash, regice, piplup, starly, burmy, cherubi, shellos, chingling, hippopotas, snover, leafeon,glaceon, froslas, manaphy, phione, oshawot, lilipup, pansage, panpour, pidove, blitzle, timburr, throh, sawk, petilil, basculin, dwebble, scraggy, tirtouga, gothita, deerling, frillish, joltik, tynamo, bouffalant, vullaby, reshiram, zekrom, froakie, flabebe

this list may be kinda shaky, but its pretty good i think

CreeperNinjaGamer said:
You're the right person right?

If so, I have an idea for the April CH:

Shining Easter Eggs!: MM any Pokemon in an egg,

or,

Boing, Boing, Shine!: Obtain a shiny Regional Rodent.

What do you think?